/dbfzg/ - Dragon Ball FighterZ General

Someone make a better op edition

Basic mechanics: docs.google.com/document/d/1rrh_EWca6MB1WUZfjIZ97LYhYspshivHjM352KmZ4g4/edit?usp=sharing

Characters moves and statistics: docs.google.com/document/d/1G2SSi3eNI9aqekrhRyEOcEp-fnaoh68bO4NF6vlMfQw/edit?usp=sharing

All assists: docs.google.com/document/d/1Qgi3z7NDatc5vv6eJvA0xzJsyeND8eMIAxUsNZuVpmM/edit

Prima guide: primagames.com/games/dragon-ball-fighterz/coverage/dragon-ball-fighterz-guide

Glossary: shoryuken.com/glossary/

Other urls found in this thread:

evernote.com/shard/s422/sh/a7335e92-ed23-40d1-a164-f727e83b3821/c9b26c1011a8accd7d0d1f0d2d8ff19b
twitter.com/yohosiefgc/status/957169940787748864
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i can't stop thinking about android 18

Anything interesting datamined from FighterZ?

First for Trunks is hard
and Android 18 is bad

We have two different reports both claiming to know the DLC, I'd say ignore it for now

do tiger knees not work in this game?

they do

two? whats the second one?

any advice on how? everytime I try to TK Tien's 236L, I get a jump squat animation followed by the grounded version and if I try to delay it, I get a rising 5L

I love how Gotenks fights

not sure, i did it the normal way and it worked fine
is it only that move that doesn't work?

God the visuals are so fucking good

it's a timing thing

i wish black was more fun
he's kinda boring and standard, his main gimmick being teleports you can act out of
they could've made so much cool stuff with zamasu assist and ki blade
i'll still play him because beam assist

how do you deal with super dashes when you're in the air? I know on the ground you can reflect or 2H but I'm not sure what to do in the air.

gamefaqs and some shitty youtube video

not much, it would have to be something character specific
super dash is good vs people jumping
you could try stuffing it with a button but that seems hard depending on the angle

Would she have been a good assistant to Bulma had she lived?

what combos can trunks do after a super dash?

It's the only move I have a jumpsquat>grounded version problem with. i found a timing that makes it kinda TK but it's not really a TK it's also just barely too high to hit standing opponents. maybe they didn't want nutty stuff like that idk. on the bright side I found a bunch of cool fuzzy jump setups with tien's j.5L with assists

spoilers you fuck

yeah that move probably just has a limit on how low you can do it

How do i change my fighters colors in the Customize menu?

you might need to consider the possibly that you suck.

18 is one of the best characters in the game, and Trunks one of the worst.

So is good 21 story mode only or can you actually use her

o shit i just tried the H version and it works perfectly. it's def way faster than 6M and u can super off it. unfortunately doesn't look like u can assist off that hitstun at all at least with my team so you have to have at least another bar to make a decent capitalization off it. but still really good stuff for tien if anyone is lurking

fully playable senpai

if its the middle of the screen, i am 80% sure that this is the best you gonna get
Super Dash > L M >Jump >LLL > Vanish >qcf M >Level 1 Super

thanks, yea seems like I have to spend meter unlike other characters

That's not good 21

link to youtube video please, i cant find anything like that on youtube

i cant read
no shes not playable

not even a color unfortunately

How well is the PC version optimized? Will I at least be able to run it at 720p 60fps?

Also, how is the online population on PC doing? Do you expect it to retain 2000-3000 players for at least a year?

God this story mode is a chore but my autism won't let me have a character select screen with a missing character.

You know you don't have to play the story to get 21 right? She's a free download

I don't see it on Steam

You should be able to run the game on, at least, high settings. Day one player base was over 40k, biggest for any fighting game on steam. Even if only a fraction of that remains after a month or two that's a few thousand.

i am aware that trunks is ass, i would probably drop him if i didnt like his character so much.

Android 18 is not one of the best characters in the game lol.

Most ridiculously well optimized game I've ever seen. I have a 5 year old CPU and video card and I can run it maxed at 60fps at 4K resolution until there's 5 characters on screen, then the fps dips. pc population will stay alive forever with monthly dlc and free updates.

Yes and it will prolly stabilize at like a couple of thousand which is way more than enough.

Is there any point to saving Zeni?

how the fuck is trunks ass? his mixup potential is fucking amazing and his assist is decent enough

autism
I like to keep my Z wallet above 1000 just to avoid seeing it empty

no damage
difficult corner combos
cant combo into his level 3

meant to say cant DHC into level 3, my bad
but even that is not true, ignore that part

the saving grace might be his ground game and his good normals, but other than that hes meh

>difficult corner combos
difficult =/= bad
>cant combo into his level 3
he can
pls

Some Yamcha stuff I've been working on.

evernote.com/shard/s422/sh/a7335e92-ed23-40d1-a164-f727e83b3821/c9b26c1011a8accd7d0d1f0d2d8ff19b

Videos for most combo there too if you need to see it. j.ML works on majority of cast, but short people fall out (kid gohan, kid buu, krillan, etc). usually its 100-200 more dmg than j.LM. Day 1 stuff and only 1 assist based combo so far. He has some relatively easy 5k+ combos and looks pretty fucking stylish doing it.

I just wanted to rush through story mode, but my OCD is making me fight every enemy on each map. Is this a complete waste of time?

jesus christ goku black seems really strong
he's fun too

trunks is the MvC2 cyclops of DBFZ, his assist is worth it tbqh

>Some Yamcha stuff I've been working on.
The lack of a d+H is really putting me off him. It means he has to sacrifice like 1k combo damage mid-screen.

it's true his damage is subpar but it's kind of balanced out by his retarded mixups. idk senpai I think Trunks has real potential to be at least mid tier if no one finds a more optimal combo route for him. it's true that his level 3 is hard to combo into in most routes but it's what really brings his whole mixup game together being his only command grab and all

level 40 is a trophy. im in 30s after 2 acts of story. skipped most of the fights. not sure how long act 3 is, so might have been better to stick to it for trophy. otherwise, no reason to do it unless you want a specific reward from them (you can get 3 upgrades to each skill, so if you see reward is dmg lvl 2 and want to level up the skill, youd go fight it). i got zeni up and xp up for my skills to make the grind a little easier, but if you arent good, youll use some health gain stuff or dmg.

wow these are really cool. thanks a lot user. ive been tossing the idea of putting him on my team but I wouldn't know who to get rid of

What combo routes are people using with him anyway? As far as I can see, the main thing holding back his damage is just his inability to combo into his level 3.

We have in-game currency.

We have in-game spectating.

Can we get in-game betting? SALTY PLS ;_;

i hate how ASW never allows AI to fight each other

rip

I haven't been able to play yet. Just wondering if there are any super popular characters online yet

I've done some basic stuff with 2H. Its just easier to mixup and use assists to cover him as he dashs in and out (5H covered by assist, 236M dash through with assist coverage to keep safe, dive kick covered by assists, overhead with assist, etc).

Like Medium autocombo does about 2k without super. If you do 2M 5M 2H~H into j.LM j.LM j.214M, its like 3700 dmg. its not impossible to work 2H into the combos.

I'm talking about mid-air. His is replaced with a divekick.

The lack of a 2H means you can't really abuse the jump canceling auto-combo abuse stuff.

Anyone with Goku in their name

black (as expected)

something along the lines of j.5LMS 214L j.LM jc something idk
i didn't really play around with it myself, I'm not good at labbing combos so I'm just waiting for a general consensus on his optimal route

He works well with vegeta in my experience. Vegeta can do his overhead 6M + Yamcha Assist and combo it into 5H~H to chase after them. Both cover each other really well with their assists (vegeta angled down projectile spam covers 5H or divekick/overhead and vegetas assist is probably best in game for general use).

Teen Gohan is pretty solid anchor for them so far. He can dhc his angled super from any spirit ball and it will always connect. So if you do air series of yamcha and end with j.214M into spirit ball, they are full screen away and bouncing around from the ball. I always have trouble not whiffing teen gohan angled beam, but he always comes in right below the enemy even full screen away after spirit ball for easy combo. He has a lvl 5 that is always useful if you have meter and highest dmg potential.

yamcha sparking pressure
twitter.com/yohosiefgc/status/957169940787748864

Sparking seems like what will really set apart players. It isn't quite xfactor but characters really do get nuts

Nice

you can combo into level 3 in the corner.
the main thing thats holding him back is his midscreen aircombos.
the best ender is H into vanish into qcf M
you NEED the Vanish in order to combo into your special.
and thats why his damage is so low.
ofcourse you can always combo into level 1 super from an air heavy, but it doesnt feel good with Trunks and you need that certain height to get the ground slide

meanwhile goku just L>M>S>qcfL you in the air into the floor from any position on the screen and combos into level 3.

how the fuck do you get 20 million zeni for secret trophy. ive played story, beaten arcade and have like 40 online matches and all tutorial/challenges done. not even fucking close.

I FUCKING HATE 21 SO MUCH FUCK MAJINS FUCK MAJINS FUCK MAJINS FUCK MAJINS I FUCKING HATE THOSE GUM SHITS SO GOD DAMN MUCH I LOSE SLEEP OVER IT

can buy dlc zeni, 10 dollars for 5 million

Played a bit of Ranked, almost everyone has 21 and Black + someone else.

>meanwhile goku just L>M>S>qcfL you in the air into the floor from any position on the screen and combos into level 3.
Goku can do more than that if you utilise auto-combos. You can do shit like:

2L,5L,5L,2M,5M,JC,5L,5M,5L,2H,DR,5L,5M,5L,2H,JC,5L,5L,X,qcf+L

And then you finish with the teleport super.

>tfw my team is trunks + black + 21
oh no im one of them
i only put in black cause of synergy with trunks though, had gotenks before but i cant play him for the life of me

but user, that ending is literally what i typed...

Don't you guys already have /dbg/ and /fgg/?

>tfw there's a local I want to go to tomorrow with DBFZ but I've always played fighting games on keyboard

>New to fighting games
>The characters I want to play (Tien, Hit and 21) are probably all really technical and not newbie friendly
>Chances are they don't work together well at all either

How fucked am I? And do I just spam training mode until inputs become second nature?

why are people shitting on Trunks? I'm finding Piccolo having the same problems.

Tien isn't really technical.

hit is definitely the hardest, but yea you keep training mode until you got it down

>203259017
It takes forever to load, runs up an svchost file to 4 gigs.

why are you so worried about it? just mash autocombos and have fun until you feel like you want to get to the next level, then you hit training mode or watch video tutorials. the game is designed for new people to have fun in.

I'm really not sure what team to stick with. So far I have SSJB Vegeta and Tien, but I don't really think they synergise that well.

>gotenks 5H
I love this little shit

In the air you can do j.ML, jc, j.MLL, 214m

Not worth it for the 45 extra damage but might be useful for something later

>dustloop so dead not even a single post in dbfz forum or front page about game

jesus, rip you shitty autist hellhole

I stopped going there when that crazy tranny SJW started accusing everyone of stupid shit.

So I play fighting games on a PS2 pad. Is there an adapter I can buy to get it to work on PS4? I want to go to a tournament next month but if I can't use my PS2 controller I might have to bite the bullet and just switch to a stick.

Yamcha can cancel the first hit of 2H with sparking and you can combo after

Man there are so many newfags who have never touched a fighting game before it's crazy.

At the top of maxed combos is it better to do LMH > Instant transmission or LMspecial > InstantTransmission. What scales worse?

depending on the character you can often sneak in an S before the Special.

LM jump cancel LM special then vanish.

So using a special is objectively better than smacking them down with H. Alright dope

Should I use yellow or blue Vegeta?

Both

yellow for better assist
Blue for flashier combos
if both than super mid and god anchor

What graphics settings can I lower to decrease the FPS drop when 3-4 characters are all on screen doing their supers? It runs at 60fps perfectly (with high resolution scaling) for every other part of the match except this and the intros. I want to maximize the other settings as much as possible while keeping 60fps during these moments.

Resolution scaling maybe.

How do I properly make the donuts as Hit?

Good news, they added a ton more lobbies on the PC version at least. Sick

>noone told me about Beerus 2S
i hate how many "hidden" moves there are.