/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/rrrdcg.webm
psndl.net/view-package/4123
github.com/Zangetsu38/rpcs3/releases
ci.appveyor.com/api/buildjobs/btelclmcbntjckhm/artifacts/rpcs3-v0.0.4-2018-01-27-9a4f5fd8_win64.zip
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Picross is shit.

>download the Euro version of Resonance of Fate
>RPCS3 shows it in Chinese

Hmm...

I love my Ryzen 1600!

Waiting gives me free performance my.mixtape.moe/rrrdcg.webm

Any news on Cemu? Haven't heard much, not like I'm looking for it.

Anyone else annoyed by Retroarch? Every single fucking time I pop in to try out some new PS1 games and end up using the HW liberto core there's a plethora of problems.

I have to edit the cfg manually because for some reason changing the settings inside the program itself either gets overriden by the cfg, causes the game to shit itself, or a combination of both. Using widescreen sometimes produces problems, and there are numerous sound glitches/differences between my version of the game and some chuckle fuck emulating on youtube. It's unbelievable.

Use per-game configs

>Sun/Moon and Ultra Sun/Moon now work better in Citra than X/Y

Why though?

I might, just reading up on how to best approach configuring it.

>using the hw core
>using widescreen
brain problems. non-hw core literally just werx, zero issues.

X/Y does some weird shit that other pokemon games don't and citra devs are a bunch of brainlets who can't figure out why

Stay strong Ryzenbro

Shoulda waited for zen+.

That isn't the Euro version

>using the HW liberto core there's a plethora of problems.
Use a core that works
>Using widescreen sometimes produces problems
Of course it does.

Say that to me in real life and not over the internet and see what happens.

Is the i7 8700 non-k that much better than the i5 8400/R5 1600? Should I consider it over the mid-range options for RPCS3?

>disc game
>not downloading everything straight from PSN
>implying I'm going to spoonfeed you a link
>psndl.net/view-package/4123

Non-k isn't even worth it.

Z mobos and cpu coolers too expensive in sopademacacoland

In that case, wait for Zen+.

2600 or 2700 and why

RPCS3 loves the 1700 over the 1600 due to the non-binned CCX it uses (extra 1C/1T), so whatever the Zen+ equivalent is.

If you can the 2700, but the 2600 is good too.

6 series is for suckers.

Can anyone explain to me why people use forced widescreen for games that were obviously not made for that aspect ratio?

No.

For the same reason people increase the internal resolution of games.

Anyone knows how do I get more than 15 fps on wind waker HD or is it supposed to happen?

what is your cpu?

I often use HW/Vulkan with PGXP, GTE speedhack, and disc rate, but no perspective correction or widescreen hack, and it generally works well.
Turning either of those two options on fucks up almost everything to beyond playable though.

GitS is unplayable with PGXP turned on, it works until the night-vision section starts and then it just shits itself.

Not that it's stellar before that, there are numerous glitches, mainly during map and screen transitions.

I will literally have to go back to ePSXe to play this shit and it's just sad.

It works flawlessly on the software renderer without your memehax. Stop being a retarded child and play it like it was supposed to be played.

i5 4690k

Then I must be doing something wrong because software not only looks like dogshit, it also runs that way.

A) Using a dirt-tier CPU and expecting good performance out of high IR software rendering instead of playing at native.
B) Using the HW core with broken meme enhancements.
C) Using settings you don't understand.
D) All of the above.

I wouldn't say i7 860 is a dirt tier CPU, it's shit but should be enough for fucking PS1 emulation that I've done on shittier computers running better software.

I switched to the original non-HW core, it also works like dogshit.

How about you provide some actual settings or pointers instead of trying to be an elitist and failing.

Drop that shitty emulator you are using right now and get ePSXe instead. You just need to find the right plugins to make it work flawlessly.

vita emulator when

>9 year old bottom-tier cpu
>~1200 stp
LOL. Mednafen is WAY out of your reach. Enjoy your shitty plugin-based emulation.

Dope, I was under the impression I don't need to spend 10k on a new rig to enjoy emulating games which are over 20 years old, not to mention I've successfully played through PS2 and other PS1 games using my current one, but thanks for setting me straight.

Oh my sweet summer child. If you think mednafen is heavy on your CPU, go try angrylion which is the only decent solution for n64 emulation.

It's not dirt or bottom tier. Just really really low in modern times.
Beetle software is too slow on that hardware. So if both of beetle's hardware renderers are broken, then don't use beetle.

I mean, it certainly sucks to not have RetroArch tier latency/sync. But you just don't have the available power to throw at it in this case. Enabling threaded video might help since it's an i7, however aged as fuck, but that often causes stuttering which defeats much of the point.

Go get PCSX-PGXP, Pete's plugins, and LilyPad. You still may be able to get some working graphical enhancements.

So what kind of a mid-range CPU would you guys recommend for mednafen then?

Try standalone first.

I would not recommend buying a new CPU just for mednafen, beetle, or practically any emulator.

Turn the rendering resolution down.

Obviously, I'm asking since I'm already planning to upgrade my rig and will have to get on it eventually, I just won't have the money to spend on the best shit available.

guys, how can i run speed power gunbike on my epsxe?

Wait for Zen+ and get a 1700 equivalent. You'll have psx/n64/wii/gc/ps2/saturn/ds/3ds/ps3 emulation covered.

try setting CPU overclocking to x1

i did, didn't work

>Appears in chinese
>Game ID says US
>user says it's the European version

>Wwylele is working on low level emulation for sound, which should fix the problems that pokemon x and y have

It's called "RPCS3".
I'm having a Deja Vu now.
And I also had it yesterday.
And the day before that.
And practically the entire past week.
Seriously fuck you, you fucking retard.
You already know fucking perfectly the fucking answer, so stop fucking asking the exact same shit over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Someone get this fat elf a burger, stat!

user I told you before but I will tell you again, do not post that fat elf anymore, post healthy elves instead.

what date was this posted

Healthy elves are sluts. Fat elves are loyal girls.

um I just got my ds4 and the sticks aren't as good as the ds3. They have shorter range of movement and they also seem to not glide as smoothly.

So, I don't quite get how to get games to work on Citra. It says I need .3ds files, which I have, but how do I decrypt them?

Get Wii U USB Helper to get CIA files right off Nintendo's CDN then use its prepare for emulation option to convert them to CXI for Citra.

>buying bootlegged gamepads

official

Has the same range of motion as a DS2 and 3, and if your sticks aren't moving smoothly there's something seriously wrong. So either a bootleg or a defective return that was repackaged.

amazon is repackaging used controllers and selling them as new?

Are you sure it isn't just that the sticks are new, stiff, and yet to be broken in versus your well-worn ds3?

my ds3 is also new and barely used

>buy bootleg off ebay
>buy new controller from amazon
>swap controllers
>take advantage of amazon's generous return policy with 'ordered by accident' as reason
>underpaid, pants-pissing warehouse wageslave scans it in, verifies that it looks unopened, puts it back on the shelves
>gets sold to unsuspecting user
Yeah that shit happens all the time. I bought a $400 SSD (shipped and sold by amazon), opened it up, but it was surprisingly lightweight, almost like it was an empty plastic shell. Went to register it with the included code, but it came up as invalid. Plugged it in and my pc wouldn't even recognize it. They accepted the return, and I wonder if they actually read my notice and pulled it, of it they sent it out yet again to someone else.

So yeah, it's a possibility, but I can say that my DS2/3/4 all have similar smoothness and range of motion, so if yours doesn't there's something seriously wrong.

Yesterday, 26 of January from 2018.

so how do I tell if mine is a bootleg?

Stop by your local gamestop and play around with the DS4 they're using to demo a PS4/PS4Pro. Obviously that one will be nicely worn-in, but the range of motion isn't going to be different from a new controller. Assuming the different shape and sticks that are spaced further apart isn't fucking with your muscle memory, there should never be any discrepancy in range of motion. Now there could be a slight grittiness out of the box, which is the plastic seam on the stick that's there for every gamepad and needs to be worn down (normally gone after several house of hard use).

Happened to me last year. I bought a second PS4 controller, just in case my first kicked the bucket, and never bothered opening it.
When I finally got around to opening it up to replace the sticks with Xbone sticks, I found the controller was used pretty heavily. The rubber on the sticks was already falling apart, the housing was scratched and buffed, and there was dirt around the buttons. It was WAY outside the return policy so there was nothing I could do about it, and just wound up replacing the housing and cleaning it up. It's basically good as new now, but I basically got scammed out of $50.

It would be hilarious if RPCS3 manages to play 3.61+ Vita games before the actual hacked consoles.

Shit, at this rate that might actually happen.

>Now there could be a slight grittiness out of the box

well that's more what it feels like. I can control the mouse using joy2key okay but ds3 feels better.

Rub the thumb sticks in circles for a couple of hours while you watch a movie, and then wipe it clean. Like breaking it a new gun the poorfag way of just racking the slide while you watch netflix or jewtube a few hundred times.

it's only the right stick though. Feels like there's some tiny grains of sand in there.

While it's contacting the rim, or just any movement at all?

no I don't usually rub it against the rim

>never maxing out your analogs
what the fuck

that's a good way to fuck your deadzones up like what happens on 360 sticks

the fuck? who told you that bullshit? that has nothing to do with the deadzone issues on 360 sticks, that's just shitty materials used.

ok I guess 360 sticks are uniquely shitty

they just deliberately used used shitty springs to necessitate frequent repurchases of controllers. it's funny because neither the duke nor the s controller ever had that problem, but they made the 360 controller to be essentially disposable. that's why third party controllers like rock candy achieved huge mainstream success, since if you're buying a disposable controller regardless, you might as well pay significantly less since it'll last just as long as an official controller.

Probably related to their notorious lead-free solder, which is what caused the RRD.

OwO what's this

github.com/Zangetsu38/rpcs3/releases
How will LLVM 6.0 help?

You need the encryption keys. In PS3 case was leaked the master key and PS3 was fucked forever.

Trying to use my gamecube controller adapter for cemu, but for some reason the shoulder buttons register as control stick inputs. Anybody know how to fix this?

Because they're analog buttons.

Is there anyway to disable that? Because it makes it so rotating the left stick counts as a shoulder button input, and it sorta fucks things up

In Dolphin, I hold the trigger down just before the click and press down all the way to register the input.
And the Axis inputs don't have any affect on Rotation inputs. Rotation inputs are sliders, and Axis inputs are sticks.

No idea.

I simply cannot wait for Zen+, I need my RPCS3 fix right fucking now.

So here's two questions:
Is the 1600 a proper upgrade for a non-overclockable Haswell (i5-4590)? Persona 5 barely hits 20 fps with this shit and I doubt it's due to my budget GPU (1050 Ti) but rather the old quad-core at low frequencies. Which brings me to my second question: how do I figure out what the bottleneck is? That is, is the GPU or the CPU the bottleneck for Persona 5 in my case?

>can't wait 3 months for a ~5% ipc and 10% clock increase
Being unable to delay gratification is a non-white trait.

You would literally be better off buying and hacking a PS3 if you're not willing to wait.

Alright, I'll wait. Guess I just have to emulate and play one of the other 15000 games available.

You're right about the GPU not mattering, at all.

Are you testing on this WIP build (spu perf)? ci.appveyor.com/api/buildjobs/btelclmcbntjckhm/artifacts/rpcs3-v0.0.4-2018-01-27-9a4f5fd8_win64.zip

That build in general is giving considerable gains over master right now.

That build is a MASSIVE improvement. Like, an increase of at least 10 frames per second. Holy shit. Thanks bro.

source for this build?