/indie/ - Indie and Misc. Games General

Buttloads edition

Previously >What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as Hollow Knight, RUINER, Cuphead, Heat Signature, LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, OneShot, Rimworld, Age of Decadence, VA-11 HALL-A, Subnautica, Machinarium, DashBored, Darkwood, Card City Nights 2, Braid, Monolith, Rain World, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, West Of Loathing, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles. Absorbed the /lite/ general some time ago and /jrpg/ is welcome.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

>Link to the winners of the GTP Indie Cup.
pastebin.com/u9TYjkj3

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/games/588650/announcements/detail/1653253273216436010
youtube.com/watch?v=-zqjNkdXT94
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Subnautica
Is it finally good?

I'm playing the anthro revolution game and I'm not sure how I feel about it yet

Is it ok to post Rimworld here? The general is a cesspool.

>ftl still not mentioned in the op

There's a Rimworld General?
Anyway, yeah, post it here. I tried posting it on /civ4xg/ since it's a city builder, I got passive agressive posts congratulating me for my "offtopic posting".
Because apparently the /cbg/ in that shithole is just for show.

It released yeah. I have a friend who has been playing in beta and says the game improved a lot. since then.
Give me Freedom Planet 2 already FUCK

Do beacons still sink through islands and buildings?

Sorry fella I forgot

I wish I had this encounter.

Dunno

You and me both. Man, some of these random encounters drop some sweet as fuck loot.

>want to play iconoclast
>don't want to play a game made by a SJW
What a shame.

>

Nobody gives a shit.

Who are you quoting?

Then you can skip 90% of indie games because they're either made by SJWs or cater to them in an outrageous way.

Nice post. Do you have a Tumblr I can follow?

Factually incorrect

It sucked anyways.

Alright /indie/ I got a request for you

Give me the most depressing game you have played

Name one (1) game that doesn't have a single piece of pro-tolerance propaganda or doesn't strawman racists as retards.

dorf fort

steamcommunity.com/games/588650/announcements/detail/1653253273216436010
>it's another we're porting our game before finishing it for top shekels episode
>"oh uh...updates? gee let me think lol"
yfw you didn't fall for the Dead Cells meme?

>you can have ELVES kings commanding dwarves
>the game penalizes you for using elves diplomats as practice targets by sieging you
Fucking SJW treehugging bullshit.

Did someone link this thread on /pol/ or why all the low iq posts today?

>strawman racists as retards.
Wouldn't that be ad hominem? Strawman would be misrepresenting their views. Calling them something (like retard) and then saying, "because you are this thing, you are wrong," is ad hominem.

They're not really doing either, though. If you say something and I say "that's stupid and you're stupid," that isn't ad hominem. That's insulting you and refusing to engage you. If I say, "you're stupid and therefore wrong," that's ad hominem.

They aren't trying to convince their target audience of anything. Their target audience already doesn't like racism.

They're just making fun of racists for the fun of it and/or because they think it will generate sales.

wrong, it rewards you for using elves as target practice by giving you free elf bones in return

Silent Hill 2.

>mfw fell for it

>Strawman would be misrepresenting their views
I have never seen a game portraying racists worries (if you can call them like that) accurately. It's always "I'm racist because you're different". Never something about races mixing or other stuff like that.

I see! I take back what I said, Dorf Fort is perfect! Except I'm shit at it.

I don't think anyone linked to anything. There are people all over Veeky Forums ready to shitpost about leftists at all times.

>Never something about races mixing or other stuff like that.
People have been making babies with people from other cultures (including those from other continents or far enough away to have significantly different skin tone, bone structure in the face, etc.) for literally as long as there have been people living far enough apart for those features to develop but traveling.

Which is to say, tens of thousands of years at least.

It would really only be three or four extra steps to make fun of racists for what they actually believe.

Didn't /pol/ make a game where you play as some edgelord shooting up darkies and SJWs? I doubt there is any pro-tolerance message in that.

Unless you count having gay characters or character of different races as propaganda I have never played an indie game that had SJW propaganda in it.

LISA was pretty harsh

Ultimately this was my GOTY 2017

What game is that?

Cosmic Star Heroine, from Zeboyd games

to the moon desu

hatred, layers of fear, the deed, Puzzle Agent, Orbt XL, Limbo, Death's Hangover, Distraint, Shelter 1 y 2...

I JUST HEARD FOOTSTEPS THAT WEREN'T ME IN MY HIDEOUT IN THE DAY TIME IN DARKWOOD

WHAT THE FUCK

i didn't like the RPG Maker graphics but Actual Sunlight was very bleak

/indie/, I need some indies that do the same or similar stuff that Soma did in Aria of Sorrow, and by that I mean collect the powers of the monsters to use them against them.

Are there any indies to do this shit? Since Konami buried alive all their franchices, I am here just waiting for Bloodstained to release.

Until then, help me with some recs please.

Did you meet yourself sitting on the bed in Hideout 1 yet?

>I am here just waiting for Bloodstained to release.
>waiting
>for
>Bloodstained
AAAAAAAAAAAA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I did at some earlier point.

Yeah I know, but can you recommend me something or not?

Nah mate.

I remember a game, I don't remember if it was N64 or Dreamcast, but you were a girl and you did stuff with monsters to turn them into cards.

It was pretty awesome, I just think the story department wasn't as engaging as it could be

But I enjoyed the battle system a lot, variety of party members, and like how bite-sized it was.

Lisa: **The Joyful**
**that ending with Brad and Marty**

Does this room ever serve a purpose?

Yes and it comes up a little later for shits and giggles if you pick that option.

Ayo /indie/ is this worth 4 bucks?

Apparently it does in challenge mode. Never got that far though.

Yes.
I see.

Major complaints I've heard is that the core of the game is unbalanced

I think it's totally worth 4 bucks, but it's probably better if you have a friend.

Is there a 2018 chart yet?

robot tits

Yes. It's hard as fuck tho.
Come to civ4x, this game is our pet since it's Endless related.

When did this happen in Cave Story? I remember shoving it in Curly's mouth though.

Rate my ride

At least you won't lose it in the dark.

What chart? can I get the 2017 or whatever was the previous one?

Aaaand done.
For now.

If it's from the whole year why did that user want 2018 already?

It was updated over times.

>tumblr nose

>ugly lips
>tumblr nose
Did they make her uncute on purpose?

I played one of their older games and didn't feel like trying out this one.

>turn the corner while travelling back to SGS after doing the quest where you help Gorsky get the keycard to open the storage room
>a dozen cats engaging in a gang war, taking dozens of swings, killing eachother off one by one
>just stand there, watching

Does it still count as falling if I pirated it

Should have gone with green and purple. The S.S Dosage.

Yes

Fuck

how could it?

I had that too. The black cats dominated the gray cats hardcore. There were three of them still at near full health at the end.

top kek

>controversial work among fans
This implies yume is a franchise.

Which indie game are you most looking forward to?

ESA 2

>controversial work
Is that how SJWs say "retards didn't like it"?

I want to remember what the fuck I was doing in my Gothic 2 file. It's been like 1.5 years and I have no idea what I was doing, and I'd rather not just start a new file that cat

Radio the Universe

How nonlinear is Gothic 2?

Witchfire. We need more Grimdark/High Fantasy shooters.

>grimdark
It looked fine until that. Been in to many grim stuff recently, I'd rather have a single no bullshit FPS like Call of Juarez Gunslinger.
No cover system, no recharging health bar, no iron sight, just a lot of weapons, a lot of baddies, and your bloodthirst.

Not very. You could explore most of the valley freely in Gothic 1, only a few dungeons and a small part of the orc camps were story gated. Gothic 2 had much more of that.

This looks breddy good, any details?

Wasn't there a game that was similar to this but with melee weapons instead?

Hellraid, maybe?

Redpill me on Thumper, looks like some average mobile game to me, but the scores and recommendations from some people with similar taste to mine say otherwise.

Yeah, that one, when's that one coming out?

This looks like audiosurf with newer graphics and one lane.

Never understood Audiosurf's popularity. I tried it at a fridn's home, the music was shit and the gameplay was boring.

Not really, all i've seen of it is from the teaser.
youtube.com/watch?v=-zqjNkdXT94

Last I heard development had been put on hold (and has been for some time). The devs are doing some free content updates for Dying Light atm.

Dying Light is still alive? I remember having a lot of fun torching zombies alive, and ragequitting on the game when the level scaling made it useless.

Yeah, I forgot that they were also doing a standalone multplayer expansion, "Bad Blood".