>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/tehcGm75

>BLOODBORNE
docs.google.com/document/d/1TlAjZSvmE979gbayTvpioT72n5A7_bUjMNCLuOatJTQ
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general: >KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>COMMUNITY
Discord: discord.gg/C3AX2Hk
Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IsCfl_td3lA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You were supposed to let it die.

What's the deal with the Mound Makers? What's their lore exactly? They don't seem to make much sense.

>MHW killed DS so hard even the general fell off the earth
Honestly I didn't think there were that many PS4 owners here

Bro thanks for embers but I can't get through the fog wall for some reason
Also try to kill Demon in Pain first

Guys recommend me a fun build that doesn't include short swords.

>minding my own business in the settlement at sl 95
>get invaded

??????????????????????

still requesting help to kill the demon prince. password=help

How are weapons spread out in DS3? Should I just upgrade my basic sword or hold out for something better later?

>tfw you don't even have to lift a finger to kill the host
I just walked towards him while two-handing and wiggling my nipple shield until he got himself ded.

Got killed by someone spamming quicksteps and R1 while two-handing a dagger. Am I bad or is that a viable build somehow? I never encountered that before.

Why is Iron Passage so fucking shit like holy fuck who designed this area

Kill the other demon first, it will make the fight so much easier

As in every Souls, the longsword can carry you through the entire game and with the right setup does excellent damage. The main reason to switch isn't optimacy, its to use something you find more fun. So just play around with shit you find, there are way more upgrade mats available in 3 than previous games, so as long as you aren't +10ing every weapon you find you'll be able to upgrade a good number and find one that fits you.

did you really missed the jump

Nope, I couldn't pass the fog wall

All the extra crown areas don't seem to have been designed as a practical challenge so much as an exercise in pure horseshit.

Either they were designed as a SUPER L337 CHALLENGE FOR THE TRULY HARDCORE or they're meant to be raided with as many phantoms as you can grab. Either way its stupid.

It's the biggest homo build you can make. The only counter is a lucky parry or to become the homo yourself

lets swap targets, i deal more damage

Alright that's good to hear, I only used like 3-4 weapons in DS1 anyways. I was worried that materials would be scarce since armor upgrading is gone.

What game should I play if I thought Ancient Wyvern was the coolest fight ever?

Honestly, it's highly likely they designed them to be raid areas. I mean, the fact that players can use the special tombstones in the beginning parts of the DLC areas to be able to be summoned to these areas without needing to get the related DLC access item in the first place just shows how they designed the area to be done with others. Doing them alone is pure suffering.

>I was worried that materials would be scarce since armor upgrading is gone.

Nah there are like fifteen slabs now if you have both DLCs, and every other material can be bought infinitely once you progress to certain points. You can go pretty hog wild now.

Meme bosses that you kill in one hit?
DS1 with Dark Bead.

Kirby's Epic Yarn

How do you people still find players to invade?
Isn't the ratio of embered hosts to invaders totally inflated?

>tfw can only 2-hand my weapon because of str requirements so people always see my parry attempts coming from a mile away
Of fucking course they'll expect a parry as soon as I switch my weapon to 1-hand. And it's not like I can play mind games, switch to 1-hand and attack normally, it will deal no damage.

Everyone hates the Wyvern fight but I really liked it. I thought it was cool because it's not really a fight against the boss but more against the map. Seems like most Souls fans want every fight to be some big epic thing where you have to swing on a strong guy over and over again and roll around until he dies. I like those fights too but I like the unconventional ones the most. I even thought bed of chaos was a good idea.

Admittedly, I can see why someone would be upset that you didn't get a proper fight against a dragon.

>finish my twink the day before MY came out.

Suffering

>Think MHW will kill DS3 invasions and blue summons
>Just got my 31 ears
Well, I guess it evens out a bit.
But DS3 will die soon.

MHW PC release isn't for another 8 months at least, you've got a lot of time left to PVP in PC DaS3 before that comes out.

I will be switching over for sure, I'm a huge MHfag.

>DS2 reuses a DS1 spell
>Description says it's an ancient spell that was found and modified by another sorcerer/pyromancer/hexer, making it clear that we are using a modified version of the DS1 spell

>DS3 reuses a DS2 spell
>completely ignores DS2, gives it a completely different lore

DS3 is just going to get replaced by Dark Souls. Eventually that will get replaced with [spoilers]Demons Souls Remastered [/spoiler]

yeah but you rike though, don't you

dark souls 2 isn't cannon

I am actually on PS4, that is why I said I was surprised to get summons and invade as it is.
I will not buy it since life is in the way. My next game will be DS1r

Ps4 here. I'm cautiously optimistic about the health of the game until the remaster of 1 at least.

It makes me sad.

Anyone wanna do some fights later on PC or xbone?

Technically nothing in Dark Souls is canon.

>skipping MHW
You madman. Have you ever played any MH game? I'm surprised more /dsg/fags aren't also /mhg/fags. Game appeals to the exact same type of player.

Good thing I finished my twink and got my ears/tongues.
Replace the ears with 31 now. I actually got summoned in Settlement of all places and got 6 ears

Ok, it seems that I lagged and got oneshotted by meteor, tell me if you kill him

What game has better fashion than this piece of shit

I wish I didn't, but job/school/life is in the way.
Either playing MonHun or finishing my semester with 3.0+ average

You guys fighting Old Demon King? I did him earlier at SL25 with a +2 longsword, it was fucking hell. I never knew that boss could be challenging.

Not him, but I'm on the fence. Never played a MH game before.
I always thought it looked kinda boring, but I really like farming/grinding so that side of it appeals to me.

Demon Princes

I want to stream DaS3 PVP to a couple friends but I don't want randoms to enter my twitch. Does Steam broadcasting still function? We haven't managed to get it to work.

>Game appeals to the exact same type of player.

I don't know that I agree.

MH is about grinding for a million years so you can fight bosses for like a half an hour. Souls tends not to have that much grinding, and bosses are brutally short aside from a few outliers.

>game appeals to the exact same type of player
and who may that be?

best invasion ive had yet, didn't need to do anything. hopefully quality isnt shit since the webm is so long

>looks boring
Do you like to get gud by studying an enemy's moveset, mastering positioning, timing your dodge iframes, maintaining proper distance and recognizing openings for attacks? Of course you do, you play Dark Souls. Fucking try MH already.

I really loathe Dark Souls 2 but boy this did piss me off. I mean I suppose you can justify some of it as 'this spell/bit of equipment/whatever the fuck is so old people have completely misremembered its origins' but with other stuff it just feels kind of lazy.

I always thought he was on the roof, not flying!

>harassing people with greatbows to burn through their estus
I know that works but it just sounds fucking boring. I'd rather get in, try to kill them, maybe die or maybe win, then move on to the next fight. I just don't care all that much about my win% in invasions.

>get gud by studying an enemy's moveset, mastering positioning, timing your dodge iframes, maintaining proper distance and recognizing openings for attacks?
i don't do any of this in dark souls i just swing weapon at enemy and win

I used to be like you, then I played dark souls for 1000 hours and stopped caring about quick fights. It's all about the long, drawn out estus chugging scumbag invades now.
Also silver knight cosplay so greatbow is p much requiredB

not about winning, it's about fucking their day just right up

still really dumb how you cant buy infusion gems at the end

DaS2: Fire Snake
>Pyromancy created by the magus Eygil, loyal follower of the Old Iron King. Creates several pillars of flame in front of the caster.
>Eygil sought to grant fire a will of its own. This pyromancy was conjured up to behave like a snake, writhing toward its prey, with a mind to strike.

DaS3: Black Serpent
>Pyromancy discovered from the Abyss by High Lord Wolnir that inspired the black arts of the grave wardens.
>Releases undulating black flames that trace the ground.
>Be it sorcery or pyromancy, all techniques that infringe on humanity lead to the same place. That is to say, they all seek a will of their own.

From is shameless

True, I'm still a newbie, and my main concern right now is to cram pack as much fighting as possible within my play sessions so I gain more experience and git gud faster. Maybe once I'm gud I'll enjoy those slow invasions.

>they're using stuff from their own games
HOW SHAMELESS

I think that's pretty much the point.

I've gotten them all on one character for the trophy but I don't know if I'll do it again.

What's the best area? I have a 25 twink for swamp

I found it weird how apparently EVERYONE remembers Gwyndolin, Smough, Lautrec and Solaire, to name a few, almost perfectly in some item descriptions, yet can't even remember people like Vendrick, Navlaan and Straid and shit and just either mildly elude to them or straight up credit some items/spells to someone else entirely.

Yeah, especially since the things the gems drop off of aren't exactly even. Heavy gems drop semi-rarely off of Ghrus, an easily killed early enemy. Sharp gems drop off of red-eye Carthus swordsmen, who are much tougher, and they drop at a much lower rate. Just as a couple examples. Kitting out a whole build can be incredibly annoying depending on the gem you need.

DaS3 is a sequel to DaS1, not DaS2.

If you want to be campy but don't like greatbows then just invade with warmth nigga. You can go 16/18 for dark/chaos AGS and LKS, the former of which is basically a giant greatarrow you charge into people with.

New Nito cut content.

youtube.com/watch?v=IsCfl_td3lA

>DaS2: It's been so long most people don't even remember the names of the gods. Everyone you met in the first DaS game is already dead
>DaS3: just kidding, the thing no one remembers are the events of DaS2. Everyone remembers everything about DaS, all the characters from DaS are still alive! (the ones from DaS2 are all dead though)

wew

lapp was a bro, thanks for the help

I actually find this to be one of the more forgiveable ones, because the
>will = darkness
thing has been established for a while, so I can kind of see Fire Snake eventually developing into an Abyssal spell and then being rediscovered in future by Wolnir, or Wolnir's experimenting with pyromancy and the Abyss leading to a similar outcome as Eygil.

A better (or worse?) example would be Profaned Flame, I say. The Profaned Flame is meant to be some sort of new, powerful element in the lore, but in gameplay it's just one of Straid's spells.

Yeah. DaS3 is probably my favourite game in the series overall, but it relies way too much on
>hey remember DaS1?
I honestly prefered DaS2's approach to the lore, with the cyclical rise and fall of civilisation eventually leading to things being poorly remembered. Of course DaS3 still sort of rolls with this but stuff like Lautrec and Solaire being remembered above others, when they were just random human knights, felt kind of forced.

I did quite like how they handled Irithyll/Anor Londo though. It's been so long that people don't remember Irithyll is the God's own city and it's just become a sort of fairytale, while Gwyndolin has since established himself as the chief deity rather than Gwyn's dirty secret. I don't like how DaS3 has really confused what the fuck happened in the Ornstein & Smough fight, but you could even view Smough being described as 'the last knight' as Gwyndolin propaganda:
>oh no I didn't hire a sadistic giant who ate humans for my purposes, he was a brave and noble knight don't you know

Which Dark Souls should I replay first?

2, replay the new remastered one when it comes

They're nuts

that's actually super cool and looks great. I wonder why they removed it from the fight tho

>all the characters from DaS are still alive!

The only characters still alive are Andre and Patches.

Hollows who came kind of close to the truth but in their insanity ended up missing the mark a bit.

Which UGS is the most fun to use in PvP?

>you drop your souls where you died when you invaded
So, no one actually bothers to go get them back, right? You just move on to the next invasion?

LKGS, or CKGS.

All souls grills are impure footsluts.
That is all.

Dark souls 1 just because of the BoC.

Demon's Scar

Yeah, don't even bother with souls desu senpai

Yeah, you're welcome, Lapp really helped out

I wish there was a way for Dark Spirits to disguise their invasion signs as white/gold summon signs so they could trick hosts or some shit. That's be so cool.

Pray for a good connection. If there's any appreciable lag they can just mash L2 and dodge literally anything because of how iframes work online.
Use kicks as a safer way to try to interrupt them.
Parry, like the other guy said, although I wouldn't call it "lucky".
And, most importantly, don't be using an ultra weapon.

i remember there being a mod to help use and donate multiple humanities at a time as to speed up covenant ranking, because this is cancer in dks1; i cant seem to find it tho, any help?

>Demon's Souls remaster
It's pretty shit for pvp honestly
>infinite healing
>no optional bosses so you can't leave areas open for pvp
>no covenants to incentivize co-op or pvp
>World Tendency so autists play offline

DeS has shitty PvE replayability as well. Great first time play, but it has almost no weapon or build variety and no proper endgame content.

All it has going for it is the atmosphere, I don't like DS2 but even Scholar beats DeS content wise.

You can just punch numbers in with CE, though if you want the rewards you have to stop at 9, donate, then stop at 29 and donate.

is point up the opposite of point down? Does it make the opponent feel good instead of bad?

Would you bang used goods?

Creighton.

I always get a chuckle out of a point up

AGS because it has extra poise on rolling attacks as well as rolling R1/R2 mixups. WA is also fun. Its parriable, but it causes dummies to try parrying your normal moves.

>he doesn't just point forward