/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/
↳A limited edition Rathalos PS4 Pro has been announced for sale outside of Japan. Check your local retailer for more details.
↳Weapon Movesets: pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Previous Thread:

So, how are we going to keep rooms consistent with this?
No /mhg/ searching makes it a lot harder

Should we try and keep a couple of private rooms running at one time and continuously link them throughout the thread?
16 players I think is plenty to have numerous hunt going on for whatever is needed, but I don't want randos joining like we have now

How do we fix /mhg/?

Rate and post waifus

We will just have to keep hosting random sessions since they really didn't think of matchmaking through all the way

Why did they nerf all the non slicing shots so hard?

The weapon design is shit

send help

disgusting

What's the most brotier weapon? Another dude joins your hunt, what weapon do you want to see in his hands?

Damn cute, but I'd personally really prefer some other hair. How about mine?

what do I need to craft the 2nd tier of the Jyuratodus gunlance?

How do I do the dragon piercer where it shoots a shitload? I always get 3 counters but sometimes there's like 7

Okay /v/ go back to your hole

how many camps in coral highland? I can only find two

How come the Rotten Vale grimalkyne isn't where he is supposed to be, judging from gaijinhunters video? Nothing is there no matter how many times I go there, and I can't find any markings of them lying around either.

can you farm zorah magdaros for his gem on his firat encounter? I really want his gunlance ASAP

Is there an official /mhg/ squad yet?

So, we have 5 monsters from the list that aren't in the base game. Are those going to be the only ones released as DLCs?

I just unlocked HR
Holy SHIT so many new things at once. I should not have wasted my time farming LR garbage.

Made a general purpose hub. Come in and hunt and chat. You don't have to multiplayer, but the options there if you want to hop in on some hunts or have people hop in on yours. Remember to trade squads and guild cards. The session is private, but feel free to drag your buddies in.

3AXasZTWuYyR

Sorry for repost, I messed up the room number

Anyone found armour pigments yet? Need red head Bone helm desperately.

What's the best phial type?

Oh cool you can find squad members Palicoes out in random quests and recruit them as Tailraiders.

When do you unlock HR?

Which way down the trees should I be upgrading my weapons? Wikis are shit.

Event-only monsters that rotate out every 6 weeks, Im afraid

>doesn't list what system

i have one if you wanna feel like you have friends

Xth for multiplayer is FUCKED

Squads kind of work because you can just matchmake in to the squad specific private session, but the whole
>Only leader can invite
>50 players max
Hnnggg.

When do you get HR i just finished the great ravine

What wiki is better?

Did they talked about this?

that would be nice

PS4. Shit. I keep forgetting that's a thing.

General purpose for PS4

>can't refute
fuck off shill

is wide shot on gunlances good yet?

If they remove vigorwasps, mantles and fix the online, this would be the GOAT MH

After fighting Zorah for the second time

7vmXPCPMQffp on ps4

Just don't use vigorwasps or mantles.
Online is still fucked though.

>He bought Monster Hunter World

Power with some very occasional exception. Get power over anything else.

Yeah, it was from an article in late december

How do I turn off the handler?

WHY ARE ALL THE EYES IN CHARACTER CREATION SO FUCKING HUGE?
Goddamn.

You are almost there. Soon the second zorah battle then one HR Pukei for HR introduction

post your Hunter !

What's a good LR lance? I'm using Kulu-Ya-Ku lance and I can't seem to find anything else with better raw and affinity

Doesn't matter; just finish LR and get real weapons. It's just a long tutorial in this game.

God damn i've killed the rathian and circled the map for like 20 minutes where the hell are the wyvern eggs

Get the bone path
It's what I used mostly.
The bone path on all weapons in this game seems the ideal choice for LR

Your map literally tells you where they are. press R3 over them and the scoutflies will hold your hand and guide you to them.

I like big numbers
what weapon gives me the biggest numbers?

You need to find the nest. In the past games they were always on the ground and you needed to carry one to the camp very slowly etc.
Is this your first Monster Hunter?

ideal qt/10

very good taste

Alright thanks

Hell yeah my dude, but mine's better

WHY ARE LEGIANA CLAWS SO RARE FOR FUCKS SAKE I HAVE DONE LIKE 15 LEGIANAS SO FAR AND I ONLY GOT 2 CLAWS

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

What eyes did you use?

Japs

Does anyone know if razor sharp or sharpness skills are in the game? I'm HR7 and I am tired of having to sharpen my IG in the middle of fights after 20 hits

How does autocrafting work? I have some things checked off, potions for example, but I have plenty of herbs not being turned into them.

your inventory is full of potions

you already have 10 potions on hand

are your potions full?

I desperately want to enjoy the game but I'm too much of a brainlet to learn the combos.

Oh it's pouch only, not box?

go to the training area, there are literally button prompts to help you

It only works when you collect the item from the map, and what you're crafting can't be maxed.

Reminder to send your Guild Card to everyone in your squad and accept received cards so everyone can share palicos in solo quests

I wish i could strafe or back step while still facing the target.

Is there even a point in the lock on system?

I've done that for at least 40 minutes for each weapon. In the thick of battle I keep forgetting. I wish there was an idiot-proof weapon

Reposting to see what people are doing generally

So now that we've had some time, what's the optimal way to play GS? Crit draw charges or always try to tackle shortcut to true charges? I feel like the true charge is much harder to hit on higher level monsters that don't just stand around waiting for it

>this is what CAPCOM was trying to bait into the series

play a ranged weapon then.

i also like responses

>No please.. I have a family

Change from Focus Camera to Target Camera in the options and it makes for a nice quick recenter on the monster by pressing L1 instead of (poorly) following it with the camera like the Focus cam tries to do.

Apprently the final true charge does more damage than the first 2 charges. I guess generally it should be used on monsters that are trapped or fallen over

henlo Miss shovel

I was thinking about the hbg and sns. Does the SnS require memorization of a lot of combos?

What do you mean? Like Longsword's fade slash?

I can’t find where it says the charge levels and shot types for bows. They didn’t do away with all that, did they?

What combos? Most weapons in this game just require you to press a couple buttons

I refuse, she doesn't look good in any pictures.

Reposting for general purpose PS4 hub. Could use a couple more people. Shoot out your guild card if you join.

3AXasZTWuYyR

This will be the last I'll post it. I don't want to spam.

Use normal charges when the monster is moving around, skip to true charge when immobilized

iktf but for me it's when shit gets real I instinctively fall back on dark souls controls and start trying to swing with R1/R2 and dodge with circle because I've got probably a thousand hours in the souls series but like 10 in monhun

I am slowly breaking the conditioning though

GS, hammer, HBG, CB, GL

GS my man

>Can't pause when solo
>end screens aren't timed
what was the point of these design choices

>Yesterday
>16 people on my friends list playing.
>Today
>1
Think the shitters hit HR and couldn't handle the "difficulty"?

It's got one main combo. Switch axe you can also do well just spamming the main sword combo. Hammer also has an easy combo to memorize. Greatsword you just need to remember one button to do decent.

A lot of weapons have really low barriers to entry.

So tell me, because all of the quest can be played together including story is there any advantages to playing online with others, I'm aware the game scales difficulty but what about rewards, do you get more or less with others or is it just more "decoys" to mess with larger monsters?

Am I must be dumb, because I've only been able to play with randoms via sos flares, seeing as I've been doing only story missions I'm guessing that's the restriction, can't me and a friend go in from start to finish on the same quest rather than essentially do the same quest twice/abort cutscenes and restart the quest again?

Speaking of restart, say my group wants to grind a mission, same as before ie select mission kill monster then select again, only with waiting for the party to gather from the lobby?

What do you guys think about the game so far?
I haven't played a Monster Hunter game since Tri but I feel like World is just piss easy. You're even told when the monster is ready to be captured like what the fuck.
The Handler giving you "advices" is just really annoying. Is there no option to turn this off or am I just blind.
I get that they are more beginner friendly so newcomers have it easier but it's fucking rediculous.

First time I encountered Anjanath I pissed my pants cause I had garbage equipment and it was early into the game.
But I decided to try and take him on and almost killed him, but then he suddenly left the area. He couldn't even kill me, sure I had to use a bunch of potions but he wasn't a huge threat.
And that just made me think. In my 15 hours I've been carted like maybe 5 times.
Only time I had trouble was fighting Tobi for the first time cause I was to dumb to figure out his weak spot and I still beat him on my first try.

Is the game really that much easier or do I just remember it being hard cause Tri was my first Monster Hunter and I had no idea what I was doing back then?
Am I just not far enough into the game for it to become "challenging" yet?
Don't get me wrong the game is a lot of fun but it just feels off when you can beat every monster on your first encounter.

Is there ever a point in looting corpses? Seems like the game does it for you

thank you for the tip, ill try that

Charged blade doesn't seem to have a way to let me backstep or strafe. Though i noticed you can side step while blocking if you have a shield.

In combat ill try to back up and then swing at the monest which results in me swinging away from the target.

Doesn't the game automatically pause if you press the PS button?