/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Smug catbat edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/
↳A limited edition Rathalos PS4 Pro has been announced for sale outside of Japan. Check your local retailer for more details.
↳Weapon Movesets: pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread:

>commenting on something he never played

MOTHERFUCKERS
WHICH LANCE IS WORTH GETTING ASAP ON HIGH RANK? Still using the dingy-ass bone lance

waaah why are people using charge blade, such scrubs waaaaaaaaaaah

blood
alot of monsters
sleeping on the bed in your room pomf

MONSTER HUNTER WORLD DELUXE PS4 PRESS CODE LEAKED ON FACEBOOK

8rjp brnp g8pe
8rjp brnp g8pe
8rjp brnp g8pe
8rjp brnp g8pe

USE IT QUICK IT WORKS AN UNLIMITED TIME

hunting horn beginner here, i'm bored and want some people to group up with for Tobi and Anja

YprZR44PutA

How do I get the 2nd slot for my harvest box? What are some good greatswords for starting high rank quests?

>Mount monster
>Unload Exhaust phial in its face
>It goes down
>Wail on its face and zero-sum discharge at the end of the combo
>Stun
>Bully it and unload another zero-sum discharge as it's trying to get up
>It's out of stamina already

Is CB/GL still really good or were the beta versions we had just overtuned?

Just unlocked HR. What's the good shit to get?

Why does the black bomber boss make me laugh every time he carpet bombs another monster?

I miss the farm.

on the way user

>blood
I thought I was the only one thinking this. In fact, I often the impression I'm hitting rocks instead of living beings considering the absurd lack of impacts and stuff.

Anyone have a low rank legiana quest?

Ps4

>post yfw Astera's skyboxes at night

Power phials are meta, but exhaust phials are bully.

It paints a funny picture.

Stop using the same weapon as me!

>wonder if MP is still fucked
>try to hunt a Tobi with a rando
>Connection has been lost halfway through the quest
Oh yes epic multiplayer my lads

Why the fuck can me and my friends not connect to each other?

I am starting to like this meme

My friend just told me he did this and it works. Whats gonna happen to the people who used this code?

More elemental stars = more resistance??

oy vey, be a good goy and watch verified, curated and approved MHW reviews

More stars means they're weak to it. Red star means strongest immunity

Servers are fucked and connections are p2p. Expect it to be this way until they say that they've fixed it.

really? it didn't work for me. said the prepaid code was expired

Servers are being raped right now.
I've been able to do 1 (ONE) whole quest without disconnecting.

>do some horseshit fetch quest
>while in wastes see a Ralioth, or whatever that dragon is called
>Beating his ass pretty well despite only lvl 2 axe, knock off his tail and bust his teeth open
>get the dragon to limping, he runs to nest
>his next 12 attacks in a row are sprinting to one side, turn and sprint to the other
>can't do dick
>can't even place a trap
>he finally stops, turns around and one-shots me with a fireball
>Mission Failed, resets the fight
>fuck this shit
>Right before I leave, a Barroth walks by, need his part
>nice
>Middle of the fucking fight he digs a hole in the ground and dissappears

fuck this game

I'm gonna be grinding out some arena quests to get the Brigade set.
Anyone want to do a few Rathian arena quests with me? (They only allow 2 hunters into this Arena quest BTW). Not using voice chat.

eymxC6kdytm

Acquire proficiency.

Nice to see newfags still rage with every new game.

Does Zorah even drop his gem normally? What the fuck

You don't waste shield charge with SAED and you can SAED in sword mode now. What more do you need to know? If you learn guard points you're FUCKING INVINCIBLE

>ralioth
>dragon
>he

>he
Rathian is female. Rathalos is male.

fag

Where do you get coral crystals at? I need them for the blue raptor dildo set but they never ever drop and/or I can't find their node on expedition.

The ores where LEGIANA sleeps after it gets fucked up has a high chance of dropping them iirc

Kiranico.com :)

Why don't you have the best pet yet?

Monsters in expeditions are only around for a certain amount of time. The Barroth was obviously at the end of that timer. You get a little notification whenever a monster is close to leaving "*monster* is sbout to leave the locale"

But I already have the paratoad.

Man, I hate those quests that timegate you in the story progression until you find enough tracks for the mystery mob.
This is probably my least favorite feature from all the shiny flies thing.

you should take him for a walk

Holy SHIT Radobaan is so satisfying to fight as bow. Get a good dragon piercer off and all you hear is POP POP POP POP POP POP POP POP.

Just finished playing this game for 24 hours straight with a friend. This is a great fucking game. Night /mhg/. Gonna wake up and get right back on.

How do I enable voice chat but disable my mic? Does ps4 controller have built in mic?

It does not.

It has rained ONCE in the time I've played (20hrs+). Is raining scripted for certain missions or what?

I think I've had rain 3 or 4 times. It's pretty rare unfortunately because it's max comfy

>POP POP POP POP POP POP POP POP.

Landing the sweet spot on that Dragon Piercer is like the most satisfying move in the entire series.

Imagine if the game had Jhen Mohran and you were positioned perfectly. Imagine a billion POP sounds as the arrow travels through his entire body

Is sword and shield any good in World?

>Can change HR armor pigments.

Investivations with mining node increase help

Spawn at the higher camp there are a few in that area. One with the big updraft and 2 where legiana sleeps

How do i equip the glider mantle?

if you like that playstyle just use a charge blade

Why is the "Loading quest" period so fucking long?

You accept a quest, wait for the "Loading quest" thing to finish, and then you STILL have to go through a loading screen.

What's the point of that "Loading quest" screen then?

When do you unlock the ability to equip a second mantle?

Yessssss. Im so fuckin' glad they added this to bow, makes my favorite weapon even more fun to use.

yeah I want to run around ancient forest during night with rain.

What bow? I never used bow but I want to pop

I think it just masks extra loading by giving you some time to eat and sort out your inventory. The alternative would've been just a really long loading screen.

Pretty sure it's there to hide an even longer loading time. Still it'd be nice if you could wait in the hub even longer and jump straight to the map without a loading screen if you wanted.

Dragon Piercer is a move every bow has, friend. Keep in mind it's damage is increase w/ charge. Line up that badboy to pierce through an entire monster and get ready to cum buckets.

So what even are the Investigation missions?
Do they ever end?
Do I even need to do them, or are they just there for farming?
Do I get rid of them or keep them?

I got a Sleeptoad there instead.

>Omenfly
>Glow green when everything is nice and cozy
>Glow red when engaged in fighting

I have a dung beetle pet just to spite the housekeeper.

>Kiranico doesnt have the ingredients listed per bow upgrade yet. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

What does rain even do? Doubt it actually does something like enhance water damage or give fire resistance. Does it make more plants spawn perhaps?

hi where the xx rooms :DDDDD
waiting for MHW PC ver

Lol I should have known better than to expect /mhg/ to want to play Monster Hunter

I wanna craft a Zorah weapon, should I make the DB or the CB? I use both and Lance, but there's no Zorah lance

They give good rewards in return for their difficulty.

Duals

Why?

Because I flipped a coin.

HOW DO I GET A PET?

Welp
Works for me, I wasn't gonna decide by myself anyway

With a net

straight up the bow feels like "cheating". Especially vs dragons or any monster that takes to the air, those are so frustrating to fight with other weapons. Or kill them as they are running back to their lair by constantly shooting arrows

Not sure but I think when I was in the water/rain it seemed like my GL was degrading even though I wasn't attacking anything.

You can capture the small animals the run around with your net. Talk to the housekeeper to choose which one you want to let loose in your room.

So i just unlocked the new upgrade paths, up to rarity 6
what longsword do i want to go for
everything being hidden doesnt help

>tfw have no issues at all fighting Legania
>tfw killed it 5 times and only one claw
I got two plates though, so its not all bad.

So it causes weapons to "rust" by degrading sharpness?

protip: when using the net , if the aiming box doesn't turn orange then either the animal is out of range or you cannot capture it as a pet.

Does any one know what the ??? material is for Glacial Arrow II? I've got all the Legiana mats, just missing a white wing thingy.

Slinger pods my dude

Nothing beats flashing those faggots as they try to fly away, they drop like a box of rocks right out od the sky

How much ammo farming will I be doing to play bow?

Does anyone else sometimes get a random error saying the host has disconnected while doing quests?

That's what it seemed like. I'm not really sure though this is my first MH.

I don't, but I did in the beta when my internet was really shit and I was playing with friends whose internet was as bad

yeah I gotta start using my slinger more.

barely any. It's not like herbs where you pick up 1 or 2, you take 20-40 ingredients every time you loot

Should I get World on Piss4 or wait half a fucking year for PC? I really want that 60fps but at the same time the online will probably be nonexistent on PC and I have PS+ already and wanna enjoy everyone now.

why the fuck everything die so fast

Just get it now. Lower fps hunts are better than no hunts.

Depends on how patient you are
I'm a FPS whore and learned to get used to shitty performance, but I admit my first 4 hours were unbearable

Get it now it's fucking worth