/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Manlet Edition

Smashed by Willem: >New players read this then finish the game without spoilers:
i.imgur.com/1OynzXF.png

>NEWS:
-Dec 7/2017: Shadows Die Twice teaser - youtube.com/watch?v=OAYhXKC0LJ8
-Dec 26-29: Unused bosses & test areas are now safe chalices that anyone can use - i.imgur.com/3nibNFD.png
-Jan 11/2018: Dark Souls 1 Remaster announced for PC, XBONE, PS4 and Switch, releasing May 25

>Helpful links:
-/bbg/ Resource Guide: docs.google.com/document/d/1TlAjZSvmE979gbayTvpioT72n5A7_bUjMNCLuOatJTQ
-Wiki: bloodborne-wiki.com/
-Build planner: mugenmonkey.com/bloodborne
-AR calculations: pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

>Chalices:
-How to unlock FRCs for spelunks, fight clubs & gem farming: i.imgur.com/0AwN4Lo.jpg
-Gem farming chalices: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q9enxffA3dyKGu6IVg-P4IVgmKSUYSP9UOOiThHmPIU
-Lost/uncanny weapons, runes, and gems: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1syKnSKflHbFiGY4pXkfIeXoMa2Lp9X1aXyme2qaTen4
-How to summon/invade in a chalice: pastebin.com/mjRU01XK
-Edited chalices: i.imgur.com/3nibNFD.png (Unused bosses, test areas, early runes/weapons)

>PVE - Spelunking (Every Friday 6pmET/11pmUTC plus anytime someone wants to host):
-Spelunks happen, join em, host em
-Set the chalice to Open and region to Worldwide
-Leave bell-ringing women alone for invaders

>PVP - Fight club (Every Saturday 6pmET/11pmUTC plus impromptus whenever):
-Rules: i.imgur.com/ihd176b.jpg
-Pthumeru: 7hjhf43b
-Loran: jjpkdcgd
-Isz: 9v8qndas
-2v2 arena: i.imgur.com/71WOC0I.png

>FAQ:
Q: Where do I get/put the best gems? A: bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/10/best-blood-gems-setups.html
Q: How do I setup arcane builds? A: i.imgur.com/73dnuUm.jpg
Q: How to access the DLC? A: i.imgur.com/XaRuxgF.png
Q: Did I miss a quest? A: i.imgur.com/Uzg8XI6.png
Q: Is this game active for coop and pvp? A: Yes

tfw people won't spelunk with me because I'm not one of bbg's attention whores

S L U R P D R E G S

Are chalices you unlock later in the game more difficult than early ones, or is the only factor how deep it is?

fuck

yes and yes

PURGE FILTH

Depth indicates difficulty, but the first chalice you get is depth 1, the basic Pthumeru, the other two you get in the story are depths 4 and 5. You get even more chalices IN the chalices.

Felina slurps something too~

xth for the shaman bone blade

I keep getting some vitlets and other random. You boys at bl100, right?

Okay, so only depth matters, but later dungeons START deep. Thanks.

I'll spelunk with you

Yes. We got invaded twice by the same guy so far.

Yeah

I came inside her last night

A bit specific but is anyone about to fight Pthumeru Descendant in the Central Pthumeru chalice and could let me tag along? I need the cold gem he drops and it'd save me having to go through all three layers again.

Do oil urns work with fire weapons or only molotovs?

They work with fire weapons. Only for the next hit though.

SWEEET

I killed like 4 randos already, one killed me.

>got summoned right as I posted this
>then died in one hit to the fire witch

welp

just ended up in someone else's game and then lagged out of that, don't think I can help I'm afraid

I give up, 7 hours wasted on trying to get a r19 thrusting gem and all I got was a shitty blunt with hp down. Got the radials with ease but the triangles seem to have insanely low drop rates.

Felina is no slut.

I am Felina and I confirm this happened.

Yes, exactly. Depth just means 'this is a harder area'. In analogy would Central Yharnam is depth 1, Yahar'gul is depth 4.

I'm glad we got to bully that tryhard cuck with torches but at this point I think I'll do a bit of FC just to spoil my mood a bit. It was fun you guys.

Thanks for hosting Sucy and Funky. Seems like no one feels like invading today, unfortunately.

She really is

was fun! ill eventually make a higher bl that will have mensis/frontier unfinished

I fucking invaded 10 different people but I didn't get you fags. I'm going to sleep now, fuck whoever thought this late was a good time for FC to start.

I'm too scared to join the FC

Still looking to get summoned?

No I actually managed to get summoned again by the same guy and beat the boss. Thanks anyway user.

Maybe next time. Sleep tight.

Evalynne, Herr's gotta go soon, but thanks for hosting, hope you get some good stuff!

I'm just gonna try the flamesprayer
Havent got the gem I wanted yet

FC where?

What can you effectively do with the fist of gratia? Just throw it out mid combo to keep the enemy stunlocked? But it seems the shotgun is just as good for that and you can even use it to interrupt so I can't quite figure out how to best use the fist of gratia. Anyone got a clue?

You can sell it.

Isz

It's actually worthless, not even joking. It takes too much stamina, does little damage and can't parry. It actually has a rudimentary moveset, but it's just shit.

CONFEDERATES DID NOTHING WRONG

they let n*talya be among their ranks

Anything happening at Isz FC?
Been ringin and ringing and ringin

and f*lina

Yea that's what I thought but I was trying to be a little optimistic.

Everyone is playing Monster Hunter.

/bbg/ is DONE FOR

I'm trying to get amazon to take back MHW although I opened the package and played for 2 hours.

blatant samefagging

Nobody gives a shit how long you played some superior game.
Read the thread and realize the blog posts have got to stop.

Now everyone shut up and FC in Isz.

Is it worth investing in 25 Skl for the Pizza Cutter, or should I just go for 50 Str and base Skl?

BULLY SCHOLARS

Is Rosmarinus good?

It's usable.

Is ti worth using?

Whirly will do fine without the Skill, but it'll be useful if you plan on using Skill weapons with Heavies

I liked it. Much better than the flamespewer.

For spraying stuff with low health and bullying bosses during co-op sure. Same for Flamesprayer, both are pretty much the same just different damage types

Thanks for the reply, that was exactly my doubt.

Oh, Rosmarinus doesn't do fire? Is it Arcane?

Yep

Yes

I'm playing for the first time and loving it, what do I do after I beat the Cleric Beast

Kill Gas Can.

Explore and don't come back till you're done with your first playthrough. Find a ladder in the sewers and keep going

Google it, loser

where is FC?

Hintertomb.

thats what I was looking for

i know father bitcoin is next just from talk ive heard about the game, i just dont know where to go, i feel like ive explored everything already

Cut Moon Presence arena.

That's a dead end, there's more area to cover in Yharnam. Feel free to ask questions, but you might get spoiled. There's some real good surprises that you might ruin.

Is 25/50 str/arc good for HMLS?

Yeah, melee might be a bit underwhelming but the beams will do very well. Use Nourishing gems

I can't find dialogue where Gascoigne says Umbasa, can anyone help?

50/25/25 is the thinking man's build

>not 50/20/30
You disgust me.

you mean 25/25/50

back to discord with you

It's actually 50/50/50

I bet none of you have ever done a 99/99/99 build

the weapon benefits more in terms of damage from SKL

i'm in isz with my bell out, where is everyone?

Don't talk to my gf like that

I think it was just added so we could do fist only meme runs

Guise, why do the gravekeepers wear masks, and why are they 7 feet tall? Glad I can finally go fuck blood starved beast up. While we're at it, I'm currently at: 20/15/12/10/7/7. Which one should I prioritise?

>gravekeepers
Please elaborate?

>20/15/12/10/7/7
Depends on what weapons you want. You could do 50str/25skl and use most weapons, get some heavy abyssal bloodgems later on so you can make those skill weapons scale with strength. Or 50skl/25str, but you can't make strength weapons scale with skill, BUT you get powerful visceral attacks. 50/25 is a good starter build. Later on you can make Str/Arc characters for using mad shit like the Wheel and MY GUIDING MOONLIGHT

You'll be a vileblood slave soon enough.

Guys with white masks, canes and lanterns, just before old yarhnam. Do I really have to slave through the minigunner or is they another route I can go through?

Thanks, I'll go with 50/25 since I suck with parrying. What about Vit and endurance?

Those are servants of the healing church.

>make a cute girl in the creator
>get in game
>manjaw

I SWEAR IT WASN'T LIKE THIS BEFORE GOD FUCKING DAMMIT WHY

is FC still on?

You want around 40-50 vit depending on whether you want to pvp or not, 15 end is fine and the other stats depend mostly on which weapons you intend to use. Str and skill are used for most weapons, blt limits you to basically 3 weapons, 2 of are deep into the dlc, arcane is for hunter tools (spells) and for converting weapons into fire/bolt/arcane. Regardless, you shouldn’t focus so much on your build your first playthrough, more on just finding out which weapons you like. Then make a post here asking what’s the optimal build is for that weapon. We will reply with 10 posts about how exactly BL98 is the patrician choice and how everything above that, including and especially BL117, is for losers, but the 11th post will contain the info you need.

I had the same fucking problem.

Oh, user, those aren't masks. I'd recommend leaving here til you complete the game - playing blind is the absolute best and spoilers suck. You'll find out what they are when you come back here. And yeah, you gotta go through Old Yharnam, but he leaves you alone less than halfway through the level. You can become his friend if you come back to area later on.

If you leave endurance as it is (the game is very generous about endurance usage) and level vit to 45, you'll sit around the /bbg/ approved level 98. But since it's your first playthrough, you should play around a little and level what you want, get a feel for stuff. Or not, it's totally up to you. The arcane hunter tools are quite fun.

since not much is happening, anyone want to spelunk?

Yes, where?

first reply rolls
1-3 Ihyll
4-6 Loran
7-9 Isz
0 I go to sleep