/ddg/ - Dragon's Dogma General

i woke up and the thread was dead

PAWN SHEET
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/156IeHCRWMcCTU4nkIIwGgjVBetjVu47C9TvAlAc5HUY/edit?usp=sharing

DD:DA pasta
pastebin.com/WfUP5Nu0
DDON how to play guide
pastebin.com/EvzTKE9W
DDON beginner checklist
pastebin.com/QmcXLcci

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dd6pWjfbz1c
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Pawn_Inclination
youtu.be/h3HjpLRCbPQ?t=17m51s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bumping with random pic from hdd

Can someone hire my warrior pawn please? Need them sweet riftbux

Hes level 103 and his name is Crayola

He likes to eat crayons and cut out gore cyclops eyes. His favorite color is Lavender Sunset.

Tell me how he does in combat. So far he has stopped grappling enemies and always goes for weak points when available. He is really good at saving you from Mimics and Elemininators too

Thanks for the user who wrote these in the previous thread.
I've been playing assassin the wrong way.

ddo is gay

Why so dead tonight /ddg/?

Ever since I put holy affinity on my sorcerer pawn, she seems to have trouble with big spells. She'll start to cast one and then stop halfway to start another. She never had this problem before. She also seems to prefer to enchant weapons over engaging the enemy. It can be nice to get enchantments but we're losing a lot of firepower like this. Was giving her an affinity a mistake?

Have you tried taking it off and seeing if your pawn does better in battle?

Does death respawn with hard mode game reset trick?
Can i do this over and over?
youtube.com/watch?v=dd6pWjfbz1c

I just took it off of her but I'm going to play sometime tomorrow to see since I have to get up early for work in the morning

So I played as warrior for a bit and now my Sorc pawn fights with nothing but jumping attacks, what do?

>take another nap
>it's still alive
starting off the morning (1am) on a good foot

you could try switching the inclination with the "knowledge chairs" found at different camps or an elixir
see: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Pawn_Inclination

how do you know? you've never played it.

that's good as long as it uses holy bolts

sorcerers are suppose to be casting nukes, not actually fighting.

that's why your sorc pawn is shit

i dont have a sorcerer pawn, dork

that's good, i don't need even more useless pawns with bolide and maelstrom to search through until i find one with acceptable spells

Did the ddo people ever pick up the translation again?

those are excellent spells, but oh well.
your loss

they are awesome when you use them yourself, but they're terrible on pawns

what makes them terrible for pawns

pawn ai cant handle their long cast times, so in 90% of times the pawn either gets interrupted during the long as fuck cast time while they're just standing out in the open, or the spell is wasted because everything is already dead by the time it goes off

a secondary problem with maelstrom, which is the best spell for a player sorc but the worst spell for a pawn sorc, is that the pawn will constantly block your vision with it in critical places

i would much rather have a pawn with nothing other than holy affinity, focused bolt, and high halidom equipped

i meant voidspell, not halidom

my sorc pawn, when i had one mind you, rarely had these problems, except the maelstrom thing. that never bothered me though, since the enemy was already stunned to hell giving me time to get out of the way or i was just mashing thousand kisses anyways.
it's all about choosing the right inclination.

Anyone know what the monster hunting week in ddo is about? I can't into moonrunes.

I'm not 100% sure, but my gut tells me it might be about hunting monsters

But i've shanked a lot of monsters already, not seeing any difference in shanking em now, and when i shanked em before the monster hunting week.

What system? PC?

are there any games similar to dd?

The closest, at least to me, would be monster hunter. But even then there's still some very big differences. Also the whole no magic bit.

I just installed DDON yesterday and it plays just like dark arisen, the only thing I strongly dislikes is because it's "technically" and MMO, you can't damage high-level monsters at all if you aren't at the same level and well-equiped.

yeah i thought so.
sucks because dd's magic is the impactful i've seen in a videogame. i wish there more games like it.

What is the deal with the regular cyclopes that occasionally spawn in the bloodless stockade post-daimon? They seem out of place considering how all the other areas in BBI (except the two arenas) have either small or large gorecyclopes.

maybe they wanted to give the player a slight break

>BBI
>getting a break
Nah, I agree. There are a few areas that seem easier post-daimon

i honestly don't remember because i spam mad dash to pass most of it

I finally did today too and it's kinda awkward. Seems like it even looks much worse than DA.
I mean it's DD alright but. Just makes me wish i as playing DA instead

Also holy shit, haven't been here in more than a year, you guys are still, uh, alive.

>still
That might be a poor choice in terminology. We keep dying and coming back. Sometimes it only takes a few hours, sometimes it takes months.

But hey, eternal return, right?

Waver no more.

- Monster Hunting Week, Daily kill 1 monster:
25Jan Goblin
26Jan Saurian
27Jan Cyclops
28Jan Killer Bee
29Jan Slime
30Jan Undead
31 Jan-1Feb

- Daily login
Day 1: Rim x 3,000
Day 2: Blood Orb x 1,500
Day 3: Silver Ticket x 30
Day 4: Gold x 90,000
Day 5: Rim x 6,000
Day 6: Blood Orb x 3,000
Day 7: Golden Stone × 3
8th day: Gold × 10,000

-Hakuryu Festival , go to fabio in tavern
· Secret ornament of dragon carving (per job) × 1: Each 500,000 G / each job up to 1 job
· The supreme warlord medal × 1: 1,000,000 G / 1 piece
· Sho-carved undiscussed bracelet [Empress] × 1: 50,000 G / 10 pieces
· Bonus Dungeon Ticket 【BO】 × 1: Up to 10,000 G / 3 pieces
· White Dragon Indigo × 1: Up to 400 G / 99
· White Dragon Indigo Extract × 1: Up to 400 G / 99

Come my child.

im confused.
how does the fabio thing work? are you just visiting him to collect rewards??

So uh, how possible is it to go for example from a melee dude to a sorcerer mid-game?

which game?

Dragon's Dogma:Dark Arisen, the singleplayer one

alright, now what level?

Uh, I'm currently level 11 but I read some stuff about the stat growths and I'd like to know if there's a vocation/leveling path which is the most versatile for indecisive shitters like me

you'll be fine
if you want to go both magick and melee then play mystic knight.

Aight, thanks!

PLEASE keep me updated on everything

Don't do that. Mystic knight has the worst stat growth of any of the balanced stat growth vocations. You'd be better off with a strider, which has higher phys attack gains in exchange for lower magic defense gains (but mdef is generally pretty useless in DDDA), and balanced HP and stamina growth instead of skewing strongly towards HP.

If you want to be able to switch between magic- and phys-based classes effectively, the question you have to ask yourself is whether you also want to be a glass cannon—that'll be your most effective build, and the archetype consists of mage for the first ten levels, then switch to sorcerer 45 and assassin 45, and finally sorc 50 ass 50. That's going to give you close to 600 base in both attack and magic attack at level 200, which is pretty good. It also leaves you with an abysmal phys defense and relatively low HP.

Unfortunately, playing as nothing but sorc and assassin gets pretty boring if you're the type who likes to switch around, and you risk messing up your build if you try to play as other vocations between levels.

If you don't want to be dealt near-fatal wounds by light breezes, or if you just don't want to be confined by strict builds that have unending stretches of a single class, then just play what you want.

Seriously.

Switching between classes—especially the advanced ones, which in general have the most advantageous stat growths, but throw in any you like—fairly often will land you with a pretty balanced build. You won't have the raw power of a build dedicated to pure phys or magic attack, and you'll probably need to land a few extra hits on tough enemies even compared to the all-in assassin+sorcerer build, but honestly, it's not worth the headache unless you really want to Veeky Forums your weapons instead of being confined to the endgame stuff.

But since you'll be able to more safely Veeky Forums armor with your higher defense, that seems like a decent tradeoff to me.

>not wearing set of salvation robes
Do you even death?

why would you want defense stats, just don't get hit

Yeh.

smart girl

how do you get this set?

Protect this smile!

>tfw still no delta guard
FUCKING OLRA

Is that a mod to have scythes as daggers?
Looks pretty neat.

Look up a balanced build and follow that.
You can get builds that are around 550+ attack and magic, 300+ both defenses, and 4k health and stamina.

This is fine for anything. Honestly the reason i avoid balanced builds and focus on more minmaxed ones is that its less convoluted to level minmax builds than balanced ones

We have to face the fact that belt lanterns are not very realistic.

No, we don't.

i could see myself wearing one

you would either put it out or catch yourself on fire while wearing it.

I dont mean having a light source attached to your belt is not realistic, i mean there is no way to do this prior to electrical lights that wouldnt end in disaster.

If lantern shields were a thing, I'm pretty sure it can be done.

have the fumes exhaust out the side instead of from the top

Honestly, you can get a build that approaches those stats just randomly switching from class to class, assuming you keep the number of level ups per class relatively even.

Holy shit, how long have we been back for?

I thought we had ended the eternal ring ages ago.

We can't bear to end the cycle.

That's just it, though, the cycle can't end. Even if it seems to, it's just an illusion.

Stop relying on me to bump on page 10, /ddg/, I'm playing MHW.

I'm here instead of /mhg/ because it's comfier, though.

i cant decide what kind of pawn to make for my new minmaxed ranger arisen save.
Kind of torn between a support sorcerer and a dragon maw spam fighter. I thought about a strider pawn but im convinced me being a ranger will teach it to hang back and shoot arrows.

>I thought about a strider pawn but im convinced me being a ranger will teach it to hang back and shoot arrows.
That'd most likely be the case, though you could give them a dragon forged rusted bow so they could spam torpor everywhere. If you plan on having full parties, you might want to check and see what kind of fighter and sorcerer pawns you find in the rift. See if one is harder to find than the other and have your pawn fill that slot.

>my Challenger/Utilitarian sorcerer is now climbing dragons
What in god's name is going on with her lately

You buy stuff from him with golds

Can warrior pawns climb/hold on to an enemy and actually attack?

>the only skill i use is equip throwblast

If a pawn gets downed and I leave the room, does the pawn enter the room with me downed or are they sent back to the rift?

Sent back I'm pretty sure.

W-Why are these things so OP?
Swear I could take out a good amount of things just throwing these things around.

>plays just like Dark Arisen
If it was made by a shitty Korean company instead of a semi-competent Capcom team with a good director, maybe.

wait, what?

I'm saying that DDO is just a watered down version of Dragon's Dogma that feels like it's made by a Korean shovelware company.

you can!!
youtu.be/h3HjpLRCbPQ?t=17m51s

I sort of want to watch this, but I don't think my attention span will last half an hour.

to sum it up, he throws a little over 100 throwblasts

anything goes in

i dont get it

anything goes out

i dont remember any of these voicelines

her minor is scather

>summon 5 sorc pawns into the rift
>all of them are a combination of guardian and scather
holy fucking shit people, never mind how shit they both are for a sorc, how do those two even make sense together for any vocation

What in seneschal name are you smoking user, DDON plays just like DDDA and the classes feel a lot more complete. Are you one of those people that hate everything with the word "MMO" on it blindly? There area a lot of valid complaints to be made about DDON but you're just said nonsense.

technically according to CAPCOM, DDO is just MO not MMO. Same as PSO2

>get quest to find the lady that left the starting village to find cure for (you)
>get rolled over by a boulder and 2 shotted by random human mobs
>leave quest alone, shifted my focus on story quests for exp instead
>after getting my character strong and geared out, tried to set that quest as primary but it's not there in quest logs anymore
>apparently it's gone forever now
AAAAAAA
J U S T
It's not that important, right?

it starts a quest chain, but not a very important one