>implying

>wanted to buy LSD
>required Bitcoin
>"What the fuck is Bitcoin? Whatever."
>read about cryptocurrencies while waiting for LSD to arrive
>"Oh. I can get rich."

been getting rich

thank you, LSD

Is XRP and STR going to go back up soon or am I fucked? I gained 20% today then lost 30 on my original investment. Tell me everything is gonna be okay anons...

Newbies start here:

Blockchain Guide
Starter cryptocurrency explanation

drive.google.com/file/d/0BzcaH-6EviBkblNGZ05CbFMyOEE/view

happy trading

Wish I could go back in time. The first time I heard about Bitcoin was back in 2012 but at first glance I didn't understand what it was so I paid literally no attention to it.

Cryptos are massively volatile, but trends suggest that (memecoins excluded) they've been on a steady path upwards for years and that will continue for a little while at least. Don't check your wallet all the time, huge long-term gains are still there to be had.

So is it smarter to just hold long term or short a bunch of times? This is only my second day coining so I'm still learning.

I have no idea, I'm less than a month in myself tbqhwy. My general impression is that if you're an experienced trader than there's definitely potential to make your money go even further, but you also risk losing all your money on what's otherwise a pretty good investment. Personally I've just spread my money between a few coins, and I plan to hold for a few years and see what happens. Missed out on BTC, but usually after a disruptive technology enters the market you get a few competitors replicate the original product and grab themselves a slice of the pie. From what I've read, it looks like ETH and XRP are in a good place to do that. I might be wrong and lose all my money though, part of the fun.

>mfw I can finally buy into all the dips while spaghetti is selling

Day trading is more profitable in the long term because of the compounding, and the fact that the market fluctuates alot.

However, consistently profitable day trading takes skill so most people are better off with the "shitcoin portfolio" approach, so long as the market is bullish.

I'd be doing fine if those guys with 50 BTC orders wouldn't come along and fuck the whole market. Seriously fuck those guys.

>xby
>posw
>bean

my dude.......

>tfw only 5 xmr

Hit the wheel and double the stakes!

laughing at all the POSW fags. drops like a stone. meanwhile actually good coins pump like XBY. enjoy missing the new ETH AGAIN

#xmr is a scam bro.

some guy on bitcointalk posted an essay that took 5 minutes to scroll, with annotated pictures and everything

i didnt read any of it, but he put so much effort into it , it must be true

lol

So I bought into ETH last night and sure enough the dip starts today. Should I buy in more, or is this the beginning of the end of ETH profits? I don't really want to get on the boat as it's sinking, but the common wisdom seems to be to buy the dip.

Will the price crash or is this just a momentary lapse?

>is this the beginning of the end of ETH profits?

It has only just begun.

Laughing my ass off at people who think they can invest less than $1k in BTC or ETH and get rich. Christ, if you're going to gamble atleast do it on something with a small market cap. Buy some fucking Milo or something.

Don't worry so much about short-term fluctuations unless you're planning to trade.

I just want to thank those of you who said to buy XEM back in February.
I appreciate ya.

Don't ever buy Milo. I don't care how desperate you are.

That coin is a toxic shithole scamcoin of epic proportions.

>tfw I heard about btc as a sophomore in HS from a junkie buddy in late 2010 or early 2011 and thought it would be neat to drop $250 into it for shits and giggles but decided against it because it was complex as fuck for a lazy ass highschooler to deal with.

My friend is now a bitcoin millionaire and still a junkie. I'd trade places though.

Anyone believe in xby and lct

I put some dosh in XBY.

It has some technology behind it and it's new. Hopefully I can make some gains.

I'm sure I bought 280k xby.

see you on the moon or in hell

>
>see you on the moon or in hell
I dont lose so I'm not worried.

Doubt anyone didn't get shaken our of btc but eth is solid

golem prediction

Sell your BTC NOW.

dailyreckoning.com/the-death-of-bitcoin/

I'm having a look around POSWallet.

Question about POS coins : what's the difference between "vested" and "staked" amount?

Thanks Veeky Forums!

"Vested" is the amount you originally bought.

"Staked" the amount you have gained on your original investment.

>dailyreckoning.com/the-death-of-bitcoin/
thank you very much!

The POS system boggles my mind about how it's rewarding holders. In a sane finance system, value to the market is added if the currency is exchanged, right? Isn't it bad to reward those who do not spend their currency?

reTArd, Golem will drop once RLC team humiliates them, and reveals Golem to be a Jewish trick.

What wallets do y'all use? Was thinking about coinbase but that seems like it could be risky after reading about it.

Coinbase is not a wallet homie.

What coins you planning on buying?

>lol
Fuckoff

lol

Where can a UK user buy waves and IOC plz someone help me.

If history has taught me anything, it's to side with the Jews on matters of finance.

Where can I buy XBY in the U.K. Mate.

Of course it is

>i didnt read any of it, but he put so much effort into it , it must be true

Thats why you deserve to stay poor

How necessary is it to store coin in offline wallets? I know there was that one scandal where everyone's money got stolen, but is it likely to ever happen again? It seems like security has been increased since then.

Saw it on that bitcoin.org website listed under wallets. What is it?

Looking for ETH mainly

My main goal is to acquire a lot of BTC and maybe ETH. My plan now is to take the $150 BTC I bought and invest in two or three smaller altcoins for (hopefully) big gains on the long term. I also bought $200 each of LTC and ETH. Should I use these to trade also or just to hold? Only $550 to work with because I am poorfag, please advise.

Go to this for an ETH wallet myetherwallet.com/ , pretty easy to set up.

You can use Coinbase to buy ETH but it's generally not recommended to store coins in exchanges unless you're planning on trading.

Does Ripple/XPR have a chance to reach the same levels as ETH? I've heard that it's likely to get to $1 but not too much higher, but I don't understand why.

>No rebuttals on this
Hmmm...

Okie thanks boss, is coinbase a good exchange for an American?

>wanting to be a junkie, even a millionaire one
Dontdothat.jpg
AmyWinehouse.jpg

what?

There is a higher circulating supply of XRP than ETH. It's possible to reach $1 and beyond, but XRP would need almost the whole market cap of cryptocurrency to reach $1 to begin with.
Ripple also hold 60% of XRP, but they have hinted that a lock-up is coming.

What would a lock-up mean for prices?

>Ripple also hold 60% of XRP
I don't understand how that's good news for us. It's the only reason I'm standing on the edge of XRP. What's the counterargument?

So when you margin trade you don't actually use any of your money for trading, only in the case of liquidation?

This is a very good point

I been into btc since $4 and altcoin trading more recently. I did a lot of gold trading / investment blogging in years past. Alt is a lot easier to predict than btc, imo. I have started making a guide site, although right now it is just as an introduction. cryptoinvesting.net

Newfag as fuck coiner here. I've got some in Coinbase but I can't for the life of me figure out blockfolio. How do I use it? Also when I downloaded the app it didn't have me sign up for an account or anything --- did I do something wrong?

Also, is there any way to speed up verification with coinbase? Faggot ass $100/week credit limit is stupid as all fuck, and they haven't hit my bank account with the verification deposits yet.

Losing out on huge gains because of red tape makes me want to gouge my fucking eyes.

You search for the pairing you want and add the amount you're holding of that coin. You don't need an account. It's pretty simple.

Guess you missed the "Newfag as fuck coiner" part of my post.

How do I do even that? I can't figure out this shit for the life of me but I'm still trying to make money off it.

Would probably remove some fear people have about Ripple dumping billions of XRP.
It's not good news. Go take a look at the XRP portal on their website.

VGINACOIN is the next big thing.

Will pump like aids over the next few weeks.

coinmarketcap.com/currencies/vgina/

>Press the + sign.
>Search for the coin you have, for example BTC.
>Find the pairing you want to see in the app for the selected coin, for example BTC/USD.
>Enter the price you bought for under "trade price" and add amount under "enter quantity". Select exchange, for example Poloniex, under "select exchange".
>Save

In case you're unaware, Blockfolio doesn't actually allow you to buy coin or move it around - it's just a helpful way at looking at your overall portfolio (which may have many different coins on different exchanges).

Wow that was some meangingless bullshit

>I don't understand how that's good news for us. It's the only reason I'm standing on the edge of XRP. What's the counterargument?

FOMO??? lol

>Would probably remove some fear people have about Ripple dumping billions of XRP.

I really think the banks are just manipulating XRP to hoover value out of crypto. They completely control the regular fiat markets, crypto is new. How would they git in there? So they bought off the shelf tech and launch a coin, cut out m"miners" and centralize it. Put the # of coins in the stratosphere (understanding dilution and circulation) and then come in as whales in the market, buying and selling and moving the numbers around. There is so much liquidity with stratospheric numbers of premined coins no one can tell what is happening They pump the coin into the top 10 and people just throw money at it.

I bought it, I made some money, but seriously vampire squids...

Anyone of you kikes heard about this coin?
I asked earlier but didnt get an answer.
So what the prediction of this one?
Im going balls deep in this one because its cheap as fuck.

What time of the day and timezone are the markets most active?

>So what the prediction of this one?

What is DGB's value proposition?

Give me your coin worth $1500, and I'll give you a bag of this shit

What are we looking at this month, biz?

LTC has been anywhere between 20-27 this past week
ETH jumping around 88-97
BTC is trying to outrun 1600

I want to surf these swings rather than taking them on the chin.

It is an long term coin.
Buy it and store it in a core wallet.

Great technology, new stuff.
Just got Segwit, developed digishild? (against difficulty spikes in mining), next up digisign.

Devs are against pump and dumps so news are released without hype.

Buy it and hold.

Polo is such a garbage slow trading platform, whats a better alternative with low fees?

I learned to like bittrex

I doubt LTC will hit $30 anytime soon.
ETH will go $100+.
BTC $1600+ probably.

How do you feel about selling when eth is hitting ATHs? It seems like we're stair step climbing in $10 increments. Kind of two steps forward, one step back.

I've been bonking stop losses pretty badly. I either need to choke up on them or quit using them all together.

I'm confused; it doesn't seem to do anything other than add them like they're just tracking coins I already have across other sites. I can't buy or exchange coins on blockfolio, just keep track of my other transactions...?

Anyone on Stellar(XML/STR)? its been gaining momentum.

Yesterday only 450 now its 800

I'm just getting into this thing and on the bitcoin website it says you should change your address with every transaction? How do you do this?

was just looking at it, what made it explode?

>The banking system boggles my mind about how it's rewarding bank account owners. In a sane finance system, value to the market is added if money is spent, right? Isn't it bad to reward...

They invest your staked coins/let other people use them, just like banks do with people's money.

i've done my research and very grateful for the advice from the goys here but as an australian i dont know the best place to buy btc, coinabse is too expensive(4%) and dont allow bank transfers here,

I heard BTC markets is good but they still havent sent me a registration email. any auscoiners ITT that can help?

How do you spot pump and dump shitcoins?

You can purchase your coins through your bank account without being verified. You'll still have to wait the verification process out (one time inconvenience) but you get locked in at the price you bought them for. There's no way to speed it up unless you get on the phone with your bank and argue with those Jews about it.... and good luck with that. It's out of Coinbase's hands. I'm not sure what determines your weekly limit on debit/account but it can be raised by sending a request and waiting for them to review your account and approve/deny it. It's sort of a double edged sword though. On one end you can purchase as much as you want, but if anyone should hack your account at least they can't drain your bank account.

Coinjar was easy to sign up to, easy to send cash via bpay and never had any issues cashing out.

Why would a small successful short on polo net me a loss? Fees?

Is pic related a good wallet for iphone users?

>drive.google.com/file/d/0BzcaH-6EviBkblNGZ05CbFMyOEE/view
THANKS

it is shit with zec

>tfw just dumped $500 into crypto
Wish me luck bros.

What coins did you buy?

Why is BUB being pumped so hard on Yobit?

Coinbase requires me to upload an ID.

Should I do this or go to another site? (EU fag btw)

I too would like to know this.

sup Veeky Forums, been lurking these crypto threads for a bit and learned a lot so far. I'm on coinbase and could start buying but I gotta get some noob questions sorted out:

Should I sign up for multiple exchanges? I like that coinbase can insure me up to a good amount. I don't know shit about exchanges like bittrex, bitfinex, and poloniex. Is it worth getting on these exchanges to try and trade some alt-coins on top of holding btc/eth? I also don't like the fees on coinbase but I assume the others have fees too. I guess it boils down to me being skeptical on these exchanges and me being new to crypto, which leads to my next big concern.

How can you secure the money you put into this stuff? I saw a review for a hardware wallet and it seems like the only way to really be sure. I know coinbase has a wallet for you to hold but from what I understand you can only use that money on their exchange. Is there a safe wallet that I can get to trade across multiple exchanges?

Last thing I'm trying to figure out is a good charting platform. Bitcoinwisdom is the best I've found so far, what do you guys prefer? I don't see ETH on Bitcoinwisdom and from what I can tell it doesn't keep track of ETH or some exchanges.

thanks