/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/
↳A limited edition Rathalos PS4 Pro has been announced for sale outside of Japan. Check your local retailer for more details.
↳Weapon Movesets: pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/957488428521701376
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

inb4 lewd deleted thread

Huntresses

Is there any reason to choose Abandon Quest vs Return from Quest?

Remember to be nice to your pets.

Post slutters (slut+hunters)

I picked up GL and I like it a lot, but it feels a bit samey. Any advice?

Anyone still having PSN problems? Even checking my friend list takes ages

>all the dung piles everywhere
DESIGNATED SHITTING FOREST

what do you need help with user?

People who were defending the microtransactions, are you still okay with them now that they're no longer cosmetic only?

In case you aren't aware, the Hadoken and Shuryoken from SF are $4 each and can be used in combat to damage monsters.

I'm having zero problems. Weird. I'm in the UK, is it just the US that's having trouble?

Pretty sure with abandon you get your money back and with return you keep the items you got/lost

>make elemental CB
>do no damage
chad blade more like virgin blade

Read the tooltip m8

Abandon returns you to pre-quest state, but you don't keep anything you gathered during the quest

Return allows you to keep the things you gathered but you lose any items/consumables you burned through during the quest

>you can capture vigorwasps

this changes everything

post yfw "Barroth has left the locale"

Not feeling the weapons in MHW honestly, nothing feels very satisfying except maybe the lance.

Well here comes the pay2win DLC. Thanks for sticking to your pre-release promises Crapcom

Show me how much of a Monster Hunter "veteran" you are /mhg/

>Go to PS Store
>Mfw there's literally an item that instakills monsters and guarantees all drops for $6
Fucking hell /v/ were right again

Looks like the game is broken time to pack it in.

I've been able to actually join SOS quests the whole day.
Just restart your PS4 and use a wired connection, my lad.

Where is the session ID?

And paratoads, and gunpowderfish, and those ants in wildspire wastes
Capture Net is hands down my favorite part of the game

twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/957488428521701376

So I just unlocked high rank armor etc. Is the "story" done? Last mission was the big lava guy

Remember headlocking with lance?

Like, actually significantly damage a monster, or "Felyne Boxer + Shadowbox Gesture" damage?

I wanted to farm Rathian but I accidentally queued into a High Rank one

Gota track pink rath.

Story goes through HR. Final quests are 9*.

Fuck off, Nintentard. This general(and this game series) isn't for your kind anymore, get over it.

So I think I figured out why we got the retard handler. You talk to random hunters around the town and they'll mention how you were the last person in, that it was a last minute decision for you to sign up. They must have given us the food autist as punishment for the surprise paperwork we caused.

>timing out against barry
Oh that's sweet

have you killed nargigante in its own quest and unlocked Kushala, Teostra, vaal hazaak, etc?

Nigga wat?

No.

>can't downgrade armor
fucking retarded shit

Hardest part about this game is specifically talking to the French chocolate hottie rather than her two autistic companions.

Benefits of GL and SnS bros? I can't decide. Even DB is an option

We don't know yet. It's still a bad precedent regardless.

Which boss?

>not drowning in armor spheres from all the bounties
come on man

that's a big vigorwasp holy hell

I really don't care that it does damage and I don't know why anyone would as long as it's not something silly like 200+

The ninja star gesture from the deluxe edition does damage and no one cares about that either.

>not outfits but changes the entire character
this is lazy what the fuck? it's a straight model port from SF5

I would assume he means the corpse dragon

Bros how do I help with SOS?

I wanna help people who are struggling.

>First Odo hunt
>Cap him and get 3 plates
I am having doubts that the desire sensor is functioning properly.

4U

wat

Is the Flinch Free armor skill on the Xeno armor a noob trap?

The halving of sharpness loss seems great but I can see a lot of people tanking through hits in HR and getting annihilated because of it.

Gunlance or Switch Axe?

>Great Girros has a fucking elbow drop
Rotten Vale currently has my favorite monsters so far. Even Radobaan looks so great in the setting of the vale

And now that you've said that, enjoy getting nothing but scales from here til next month

Because it's free? Any cosmetic things that require a new model will be microtransactions now.

Why would they put in the effort to make an entirely new outfit from the ground up when they can just do a straight import? Especially when it's free content.

>Go to board
>Join quest
>Join SOS is an option

Gunlance. You get those ROMAN wins, now.

Which armor and greatsword is good for low rank?

Whats the best way to farm Anj fangs? I did the story mission 5 times and no fangs.

so is mounting even still good anymore
maybe I'm just retarded and not doing it right but it seems a lot less powerful (and a lot less fun) than before

>disover blue pukei pukei tracks
>get tempered radaobaan investigation

hmmmm

NERF THE FUCKING PALICO,IT"S TOO GOOD.

Should I create a dual blade with 196 damage that I can make right now, or wait until I can make the one that does the same but +90 fire damage?
All I need is a flame sac for that one, but I have no fucking clue when I will ever get one.

Anja is the first armor set worth getting in LR imo

Personally I just miss the meter

Just don't use it.

Capture. Whether it be investigation capture or just bring your own traps and tranq bombs in an expedition

i'm at 5runs and 2fangs, i wonder if capturing it is the way to go cause i've just been killing them all

anybody want to hunt stuff in lr? i just started hr but don't really want to continue yet

I don't know what that means but I won't let you down

Bone/Girros/Clifford's set are bretty good. Anja's a decent stand by too though Clifford's set has better GS stuff.
The base Bone/Iron Blade. Iron more than Bone for the sharpness

did you guys just rush through the mainstory or did you complete everything optional?

yeah, if you're lucky and you jump from the head to the back the monster will charge into something and knock itself out or trap it

>should I try doing the thing that rewards more loot to get rare loot

I mean it'd help I guess

i love the look of helllion charge blade, but elemental blades are shit in this game

Can anyone that's deep into HR tell me what is the first item I need to craft the Girros Narja II? It's the paralyze charge blade. I have everything except the first item on the list is still ???

Rushed through the main story, going back to complete everything at the moment.

what's the best late game weapon series if there is one? what's the best Lance?

>you need to buy street fighter to get the ryu quest armor
>day 2 and the capcom bullshit is just getting started

Do ps4 offer refunds? Anybody know?

I'm 20 hours in and still at rotten vale. I'm working on about 16 weapon paths right now

Yea I guess I'm just supposed to mash triangle until it falls? It also takes up weapon durability now which is ass.
The thing in the bottom left glows a lot when you're riding it but I don't know if that means anything

>dung pile spawns right in front of me out of nowhere with no monsters around

So... about this insect glaive. I don't get it. Any good?

Im doing all optional stuff, grinding all armor, and a large pool of weapons as i go. I just hit hr5.

Anyone else really loving the osts in use?

bit of both
wanted to get to HR6 to get the watcher palico gear
now that I have I'm taking it a bit slower, working on the quests and critical bounties to improve on the HQ

bump?

in 3u and 4u i don't remember ever capturing when farming out lr gear, just killing them would be fast enough

Rotten Vale's battle theme is ace but the rest of the ost has gone mostly unnoticed for me.

all the other games had free dlc with 5 separate pieces to mix and match, charging for the gestures should cover for making each dlc a 5 piece outfit

You want to keep your buffs up and combo into Tornado Slash, that's where your damage is.

I loved it in 4U but I'm thinking about switching because mounting seems a lot worse and pogoing around to mount things was most of the reason I liked the weapon.
At least the dumb special moves from x are gone

what's the last ore (green) I need for the last CB upgrade down ore path? still low rank shit but idk what it is or where to farm it

Yeah, that's probably my fav too.

mash triangle unless the screen edges turn red, which means you want to hold R2 to brace
sometimes the monster will try to slam itself against a wall to knock you off and the screen turns slightly greenish before that, so you use the analog to hop to another body part
then the super move is slightly different for each weapon-some need to be charged, others just used immediately
the minimap glow seems to be the equivalent to the old mount meter, as it will shrink in size as you stab the monster, and when it depletes, it gets knocked over