/2hug/ - Touhou general - #99

The captain of my heart ~ edition

Previous thread >So what is this game?
Touhou is a bullet hell game made by ZUN. Instead of ship or robots it features anime girls fighting youkai and such.

>Where should I start?
The games until 5 were designed for the PC-98 platform, which would require an emulator. It's recommended you start either with the sixth (first Windows game) or the second game (as the first one isn't a bullet hell) and work your way up from there.

>Where can I get the games?
moriyashrine.org/ (For separate game downloading)

nyaa.si/view/979648 (All in one pack)

>Touhou Project Official Material Reading/Playing Guide
m.imgur.com/s1JmZu8

>Please git gud!
moriyashrine.org/intro-to-touhou/

>Game running at 30000FPS? Game screen size not to your liking? Experiencing some input lag? Download Vpatch and apply it.
en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Game_Tools_and_Modifications#Vsync_Patches

>eraTohoK (plus other era games)
pastebin.com/6CULQcKd

>Touhou 16 and 15.5 on steam! Please support the official release.
store.steampowered.com/app/745880/__Hidden_Star_in_Four_Seasons/

store.steampowered.com/app/716710/_Antinomy_of_Common_Flowers/

>1cc charts! (Updated for AoCF)
imgur.com/a/Mkl4Q

>PoFV and Soku Netplay Guide! (Needs your help!)
imgur.com/a/ZCGuE

>Fangames pastebin (Contains a fixed version for game breaking bug in FMW2)
pastebin.com/Jc2e0wLm

>/2hug/ Highscore Spreadsheet! (If you want to submit score, use the term 'score' somewhere in your post)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bl1ZiZUqNdbP2OK_W7q6xG6A6FIG78LPfJQrouu6ol4/htmlview

Touhou is a fun video game and we almost reach our 100th thread!!! Yay!!!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7IKCM0-7BwM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Who is Kasen trying to seduce with that body of hers?

>1, E, 4, 5

The fuck kinda hand is that?

I delete the latter part of the “Where should I start?” because it’s too long. We really need to make a FAQ pastebin to save space.

WTF I love Kasen now???

It’s 3 you dummy!

Mystery may be sublime, but knowing more about a character is good too. I'd say the allure of Sakuya is more that she's a mostly harmless time has stepped kid knife thrower than that she's a mysterious mostly harmless time has stepped kid knife thrower.

You are aware that she literally chops people up and cooks their flesh and blood into cakes and shit for Flandre to eat, right?

uh, wrong picture.

The books also say that nobody knows where the meals Flandre eats comes from and that Sakuya doesn't explicitly cook those meals.

I might as well repost this.

I mean, mystery is fine when she's a relevant character that appears often and actually has something enigmatic going for her. You can say all that flowery bullshit, but ZUN didn't put that much thought into her and it shows, she also doesn't show up nearly enough in any major role these days for it to really matter. Her mystery and enigmatic character aren't alluded to these days. She's just the maid at the SDM and she does maid stuff. Touhou in general suffers from a lack of understanding of characters because ZUN sets up a frame work and then some interesting character traits and then dumps them in the pile of irrelevant characters by the time the next game rolls around.

2hus make drinking until blackout seem so fun but in real life it's a bunch of headache, stomach pain, bad digestion and regret

I think drank too much too, brother.

What do you expect when the writer is ZUN

ZUN must have a liver of steel. Or a liver of cirrhosis.

Fantasy always seems more fun anyway

Mecha Suika for Veeky Forums league team.

Janny is going to delete this thread. I can feel it in my bones.

Can't trust them bone feelings, gotta feel it in your guts.

it's not secondary enough yet

>mecha suika model

I could imagine seeing that thing on the pitch and it would look amazing. Probably take a note from /m/ in aesthetics

>Try to get back into playing the games
>Boot up SA Normal
>Stomped by Spider

Ten Desires it is, until I get gud.

You only need a few runs to get back your momentum.

Anons!
i made this so that you too, the people, can brutally dominate your friends in 2hu!
youtu.be/7IKCM0-7BwM

There's no fucking way you made this

How is Toyohime a shark?

I personally think her past would be better explained because there's no mystery at all if you throw out one almost entirely random "maybe" possibility of Eirin recognizing her name which falls apart because Remilia gave her the name. Which means ZUN fucked up on his end, or it means literally nothing and adds nothing to her "mystery". Sakuya really has nothing going for her anymore because the mystery that was there over a decade ago has gone stale and cold. An interesting mystery is going to have more than one tiny thread like she does, but ZUN never supported it past SSiB, which was 11 years ago.

Translation when

>Eirin recognizing her name which falls apart because Remilia gave her the name

It doesn't necessarily have to do with sakuya's name. Thats just the most educated guess people have. The actual reason for eirins surprise is known to her alone, so you can't discount it out of hand in the hopes of proving your point.

the greatest tragedy of our times is that japs speak jap.

The whole Sakuya backstory mystery is probably the single dullest thing in 2hu. It's the Windows version of Mima's return.

The thing is that its running on the same shit as the half-life 3 meme.

No matter what is done, whats told, or how its handled, it will flop, just due to the sheer amount of theorizing surrounding it. No matter what, near to everyone will be disappointed. Even if there was a time zun considered bringing it up, thats too far gone now. Revealing it would only make the problem worse, and i don't think the people clamoring for her backstory actually realize that.

Daily reminder that they are doing it for free.

Basically her past should just be pushed under the rug and become essentially meaningless. Because trying to make it a mystery has long become overdue and trying to explain it is also long overdue.

>Tfw i started a meme with an offhand comment

I sure hope it doesn't take off and become a meme.

I think everyone except you would be content with whatever backstoryu zun came up with. Not that he'd come up with one because he barely even remembers that Sakuya exists.

So you say, but tenshi of all people came back in the recent fighting game.

As far as i'm concerned, anything goes at this point.

As much as a meme as it is, I kinda hope ZUN makes some decision on Mima and other PC-98 characters besides his wishy washy "they are canon but also not" like they currently are, just because I'd like some more continuity in the series.

Doremy, Yukari and Tenshi being the new characters was fucking wacky and kind of objectively terrible choices.

ZUN gives wishy washy answers because it beats saying "I'm better at character creation than you are and I'll do what I want when I want and I can't predict what that is so stuff it." He's too nice and japanese to say that.

>Doremy, Yukari and Tenshi being the new characters was fucking wacky and kind of objectively terrible choices.

I beg to differ on doremy. She's an aspect of the series with nearly limitless potential, and exploring that is worth the time.

As for the rest of that, i just meant that them being here at all is a strong case for "No one fucking knows whats gonna happen next".

But it was me.

He can be as good at character design as he ism but it doesn't matter if he never ends up using them or even making references or making any form of the vaguest confirmation besides "I might" after like what, 15 years of the question being asked?

Well Doremy was fine, but a bit weird. Tenshi and Yukari were terrible choices though.

Your mom made an objectively terrible choice.

Yes, we wouldn't want our general to become any less dead, or anything.

Doremy was a good choice in the aspect of lore, but also building her character. Tenshi is a big question mark, alongside yukari. There could be better ones put in, but we get two SWR rehashes. At least it wasn’t another EoSD character

Even if the general had issues with being on life support, which it doesn't, filling it with dumb memes certainly isn't going to boost it's popularity and bring it back to life.

>forcing unfunny memes is ok if it means we're .001% faster

you keep thinking that.

> filling it with dumb memes certainly isn't going to boost it's popularity and bring it back to life
But that's exactly how Touhou became popular in the first place.

and now it's like 10 years after that fact and it's fanbase is sick of unfunny memes that have a shelf life of 3 days.

its fanbase is ded

We need to shitpost faster!

Isn't touhou consistently top of the charts at Comiket, has it's own convention, and is now showing up at EVO as side event?

Yeah, it’s still dead though according to whiny crybabies.

I'm obviously talking about Western fans.

But even in Japan, hasn't the amount of content like music albums and fangames dropped drastically? With music at least, I'm definitely getting that impression.

>tfw I can't go back in time and change my votes in the 2hu popularity poll

>western fans
doesn't touhou have an entire board nearly dedicated to it on this very website, various other still active forums and a good amount of western fan created content?

>doesn't touhou have an entire board nearly dedicated to it on this very website,
Legacy board, and half of the threads are not 2hu
>various other still active forums
Name 3.

Oh, and inb4 MotK. MotK is fucking dead.

I wish Yuugi is my girlfriend. We would have sex every single day.

No, you really don't.

Post the possible occupation in Gensokyo for Human/Outsider

Hakurei Shrine
>Shinsoku (神職)/Shaman Priest

Forest of Magic
>Magician

Kourindou
>Assistant Shopkeeper for Rinnosuke

Scarlet Devil Mansion
>Butler
>Librarian

Hakugyokurou
>Gardener
>Yojimbo (用心棒)/Guard

Eientei
>Apothecary/Pharmacist
>Medicine Peddler

Garden of the Sun
>Assistant Florist/Gardener for Yuuka

Higan/Sanzu River (You need to be dead first)
>Sanzu Gondola Rower

Moriya Shrine
>Shinsoku (神職)/Shaman Priest

Palace of Earth Spirit
>Pet Butler
>Nuclear Engineer

Myoren Temple
>Buddhist Monk

Divine Spirit Mausoleum
>Daoshi Hermit

Shining Needle Castle
>Shinmyoumaru's caretaker

Ushirodo-no-Kuni/Backdoor Realm
>Okina's Dancer

Human Village
>Youkai Exterminator
>Merchant
>Suzunaan's Librarian/Assistant Shopkeeper
>Blacksmith
>Gunsmith
>Farmer
>Painter
>Sculptor
>Potter
>Village's Sentry
>Woodcutter
>Carpenter
>Fisherman
>Florist
>Teacher
>Historian
>General Shopkeeper
>Servant at Hieda's House

Yeah but it's ded because it doesn't have a constant flow of memes with a shelf life on 3 days, which I claim to despise but I CLEARLY still use as a measure of touhou's aliveness t. primary

Clownpiece, Koishi and Orin are so cute!

But she’s my wife

I feel like a great majority, except for the Human Village, Myouren Temple and Kourindou are next to impossible.

>Clownpiece's chest

Holy shit.

Some of those positions are definitely filled right now, but if Sakuya ever quits you might as well submit an application.

She'd break you dude. Death by snu-snu. It's not worth it bruh, live to dick another day. Suicide is NOT the answer.

Death by snu-snu is totally worth it if it's Yuugi. Do it user.

>If Sakuya ever quits
>A maid who's currently likely her early to mid twenties who may be entirely capable of preventing herself from aging
I think by the time Sakuya quits, it's because she's dead and I'd likely be dead at least a decade before her.

Nah, contrary to popular beliefs, she’s pretty shy on bed. She’s what you called a bottom bitch in the Outside World.

Okina will eventually give up on Marisa and start trying to out-charm Remilia.

>Oni
>Shy and submissive anywhere
I disbelieve this, must be an Oni trying to steal our semen.

I feel like Okina would have a better chance with Marisa than the Succ, she'd more likely go after some random human villager.

>Remilia won't have another servant
>Not working together with Sakuya so you can fuck her anytime after you developed an intimate relationship with her

>Fucking Sakuya
why would anyone want to fuck Sakuya when you could fuck Meiling user?

Toyotama-hime could transform into a "wani", which is translated as either crocodile or shark.
>Human Village
>no Fortune Teller

Yeah desu Remilia gets her pick.

>this very website

If you can't think of things then you are dead and this is hell.

I agree. But at the same time i do kind of wish we would learn a bit more Sakuya. You don't need to reveal her backstory to explain for instance why she's so loyal to Remilia. Or if she actually ages like a normal person.

I guarantee ZUN won't touch aging. Anything he said about that was before he realized he was in this for the long haul and he needs his main characters young.

What would Seija's witch orm look like?

A completely regular human

a Magical girl.

Some of jobs would probably be VERY difficult, if not impossible to get. Like, i could see you getting a job at Remilia if she likes you. But, for instance, even reaching the Palace of Earth Spirits without somebody like Reimu escoring you is probably imposible.

HM Satori > SA Satori

That's the exact same Satori though.

No, she got a cuter hairstyle in HM

Considering how Remilia's hiring policy is pretty much quantity over quality. I don't think it would be that hard to get a job at the Scarlet Devil Mansion. Just don't expect good pay.

You do realize Sakuya would be your superior, right? And probably a pretty harsh one as well.

I doubt she'd be that strict, considering she puts up with Fairies all day, and they're content enough to stick around.

>tfw been playing too much MHW to play or talk about 2hu
how are you doing, /2hug/?

I said harsh. Not strict. Assuming that she treats you the same as the fairy maids, she probably has a pretty big margin of error. But if you do seriously fuck up, she's going to let you know it.

What kind of (You)mu is this

>purposely disobedient and avoids being charitable
Her body would probably be a doll to symbolise her childish nature; coin talismans all over her dress to show greed.
>thinks and does the opposite of what people think
Her head would be a mirror that instead of showing your reflection normally, it would be upside down, also cracked in some parts
>hates herself when she makes others happy
Her dress would be in impeccable condition and would give a highly positive aura, removing such things as depression and saddens, her mirror would also only show good things about you lile winning the lottery or how you can win someone over in love; obviously she would hate it immensely and constantly tries to tear herself appart, but her Familiars always put her back together

That's really good. It's a shame i can't draw, otherwise i totally would.

Is it worth it? Are the bow and the longsword any good in that game?

Pretty much everything is good in it. And so far its been completely worth it.
Having fuck tons of fun desu senpai

Thanks. Maybe I’ll buy it.