pastebin.com/QgHwLq8R

>HTC Vive Setup Guide
pastebin.com/QNc18zHd

>Recommended VR Applications/Games 2018
pastebin.com/YtRejmd5

>VRChat Resources and Tutorials
pastebin.com/AVvN08hT

>Private Void Club instance
vrchat.com/launch?worldId=wrld_7e10376a-29b6-43af-ac5d-6eb72732e90c&ref=vrchat.com&instanceId=42~private(inviteurl_95dd8c82-968a-4c75-a7f6-711dd98dfac2)

>VR Mall
vrchat.com/launch?worldId=wrld_465ea5ad-be25-4e69-b54f-eb218160bea7&ref=vrchat.com&instanceId=04~private(inviteurl_9a1ae8d6-cc1a-498d-b0fc-e98a33e3566e)

>user's forest map wip
vrchat.com/launch?worldId=wrld_6a8779e8-dab4-49cd-afab-c7b2139153b3&ref=vrchat.com&instanceId=04~private(inviteurl_9a1ae8d6-cc1a-498d-b0fc-e98a33e3566e)

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1517134574563.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=6b0ftfKFEJg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first ~desu

First for desktop masterrace.

2 ears > 4 ears

no shit

Please help.

I wanna a clever girl avatar. Can it be done with a humanoid rig?

>friends only instance
>can't join it even though I'm a friend
so this is the power of the discord

What's the problem again?

>esl
>afraid to talk and have people laugh at your accent

>tfw got left behind

looks fine to me fammi

As long as you're not russian I don't care.

fine we swapped nerd

I don't think you understand the purpose of a limit. It's not there to say be optimal or gtfo. It's there so people can't go overboard.

Parts look invisible at different angles.

we swapped to a friends+

>tfw haven't even played the game for about 5 hours

I'm new to blender and stuff, so tell me how bad this procedure is. Every time I try the automatic texture atlas, details on the face just gets glitched. Here's a solution I did instead:

>Separate by materials
>Then I shift click on all the materials except the face and then press ctrl+J to merge them
>Then run the merged meshes through the texture atlas
>Then I do the same for the face, except for two materials for the eyes that I want to have different shaders on
>Then I merge the materials back into one, and I went from 13 materials and down to 4

Is this a fine way to do it? It seems faster and less painful than doing it manually at least, and the model looks fine in blender.

Sounds like shader culling.

You never see the side of the head for cat and bunny girls because it would be weird for them to have ears there and it would look really weird to not see ears there.

>not esl but not from murica so my accent is super obvious
>the few times I tried talking the other guy goes "can you say that again"
>fuck it

How to fix

that's probably about as much work as manual mapping

>just finished watching made in abyss after seeing the nanachi and bondrewds around
>those last few episodes
GOD DAMN IT I AM A GROWN ASS MAN I SHOULD NOT HAVE FREE FLOWING TEARS AT A FUCKING CARTOON

Hey noodle boy, your redman's face is broken

but I still nutted

Please teach me your ways

It looks like all the normals are flipped

iktfb

Bitchboy.

i'm pretty jaded by stupid attempts at feels and drama in anime but made in abyss got to me, real bad

>guy insults me but the insults slowly start turning homoerotic

you haven't seen anything yet. bondrewd is DAD OF THE YEAR

Agreed fellow 2 ear'd master race brother

>jp players
>11 out of every 10 words they say is かわいい

Is the manga good?

Why is it doing this random shit on import? It did it to the other leg earlier in near the same fashion which I just reloaded to fix but that's not an option this time. I never even touched the legs for these changes which makes it doubly confusing.

What does 'normals flipped' mean?

>More Custom Avatar™ shenanigans
That was hilarious. Thanks /vrg/.

You in the /vrg/ crew with us? Talk anyway, who cares. I ask people tg repeat themselves half the time anyway because so much shit is going on

Survival of the fittest

Who bombed the beach?

Normals are a vector that's 90° to a polygon that's used in lighting calculations and in the case of culling, whether you're looking at the front or back of a polygon (most shaders cull backsides)

So if your normals are flipped, your mesh is essentially inside out

Thanks

yes, bit get ready for a gratuitous amount of 12 year old nipple

Beach is kill

Are you implying that's a bad thing?

Things got a lot better after someone left

Also, is it finished?

>try manually atlasing for hours
>still can't get certain parts to work correctly
I guess I'll just stick to using the 15 materials the model has, and delete it if people start complaining.

What are some good sitting VR games?

>slightly move bones
>problem goes away
fucking blender, or unity, or whatever that was, christ.

>sitting VR

get on your feet fatty

Are those worlds in the OP always full? I never seen to be able to actually get into one of them.

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1517134574563.webm
>get raided by randos
Was actually kinda funny.

It's 5 in the morning and I just woke up and I can't get back to sleep, pls.

Thank you user!

>I just woke up

You're still in VR go back to sleep

game dev for VR is super fun

progress on my viking builder

>be desktopfag
>vr anons still dance with you regardless
T-Thanks. I'll get a vr one day. I swear. I'll join you all in the heavens. Just wait.

nowhere near finished, there's not even enough content for a third season if they wanted to make one

loli nipple is illegal in canada and some us states

The people in that screenshot are not /vrg/. They're most from Tupper's anime circlejerk discord.

yeah it was just a test if it works. still have to do some fine work and it's basically just simple animation triggers. Probably do it again with an extra rin model I got so I can get easy voice files like "Go Archer" or something

>anime waifus feeding you beer
fuck thats cute.. i mean.. FUCKING WEEB

yeah you ain't missing out on much
warthog flipping on the other hand

>trying to make a MiA world
>would need some cool dude to make the tree props and a bunch of other shit
feels bad, show is super good

It hurts, it really does. but I'm still having a fuckton of fun

>missed it
fuck

vive mic not working, gonna restart.

this is some advanced greentext

Just downloading VRChat, any PROTIPS? I have a Vive.

Public worlds are overwhelmingly trash

I can afford it but won't until I learn how to make custom avatars.

Private worlds are boring though. And prone to circlejerks.

Does anyone know of a good guide for a finger pen animation?

Ok so avoid public and private worlds. Anything else?

just bee urself

drink coffee

My manual atlasing process, that I improvised as I did it the first time a couple days ago, is along the lines of:
>Start by using photoshop or alternative of choice to tile as many of the texture files into a single canvas as can fit into 2049x2049 without resizing (repeat with leftovers into smallest required power of two)
>In Blender go to cats, click merge duplicate materials and ignore extra textures if you didn't yet.
>Create new material for each of the atlases, apply the correct texture and enable shadeless. Also turn the material's diffuse up to full white so it doesn't darken or desaturize. Enable double-sided, transparency etc. if necessary.
>Edit mode, pick one of the existing materials, click on select vertices button
>Click the appropriate atlas material, click assign
>Change view to, or open second panel with the UV editor. Change the picture shown to the correct atlas.
>It should show only the UV points of what you just assigned, stretched across the entire atlas. Press A to select them all.
>Resize and move into place.
>Unselect everything in both UVs and 3D view, delete the now empty material, and repeat from step 4 until done.

The only time where stuff doesn't "just work" that I've come across over the couple models I've done like this, was when there's a texture that isn't a square. In that case you need to resize X and Y separately, because when assigning it stretches the UVs to match the new resolution and disregards aspect ratio.

Never watched any guides on how people recommend doing this, but I can't imagine their methods are much different from what I came up with.

dude there are only public and private basically, honestly just jump in
find the right public world, some people are boring as fuck and some people are annoying as fuck but you'll meet some cool people along the way

I sound like a girly faggot, hope VRFags like that.

Doing that right now.

this is why we cant have nice things

youtube.com/watch?v=6b0ftfKFEJg

All this shitposting aside, I personally find meetups much more fun than anything public instances can offer. Sure there are some rare cases where you meet some actually interesting people, but a majority of the time it's knuckles, orbiting, or plain boredom.

Tupper's vid has a lot of manual UV island positioning, I often do pretty close to yours because it's easy as fuck to just type e.g. period S 0.25 enter G X 512 enter and your islands for that texture are aligned

i managed to escape with 10 fps and on the verge of crashing
i am very tired though, time to die

>implying anything remotely interesting happens in a controlled sekrit klub environment
I'd have he-man tanks and matchiri neko raids over mute neckbeards feeling each other's catgirl avatars any day.
But to each their own I guess.

how do i make my head shrink in an animation?

I don't want to let that secret club circlejerk get to me, but it does, but only because I've always felt rejected from social groups. Oh well, I'm probably in a lot better company with friends who I actually like instead of being a tryhard fit-in who has to flaunt it in these threads.

I wouldn't worry about that discord shit, the people that actually lurk are pretty chill. come along when someone posts a server in the thread

Shapekey in blender that makes your head shrink using the scaling tool and a bit of translate.

How do I make separate UV maps for different parts? Tupper's guide is just for the entire model, but it's not working out for me, so I'm just gonna lump the stuff that has the same properties together on one map, so it'll reduce my material count still.
Mostly confused about the whole mirroring the base map, and all that.

I try to keep balance with meeting new people and having some friends to join/get invited with when I find nothing while hopping instances.

I find the exploration and meeting new people the most rewarding, but tedious.
If you stay in the same TOP SEKRIT friends group it gets really stale.
I'm also muted so of course I run out of material as well

Overall Veeky Forums meet-ups in vrchat are pretty chill since no one expects anything out of anyone. We're all just there to hang out and keep each other company. Sometimes make jokes or events to make others laugh but we all know there will be no judging that will have long lasting impacts on people's ability to interact with you again.

Veeky Forums being the vitriolic spewing trash that it is actually makes everyone very resistant (tolerant) to most of any kind of behavior. Long live anonymity and autism

Yeah, but I don't talk when the group gets too big.
True, sometimes I don't even know who's talking because of the audio bug

Keep groups of shit you wanna atlas together in a mesh, then go and atlas each mesh individually, when you're done merge them back together

>lay on the floor out of exhaustion with full body trackers
>kanna gives me a lapdance
wew

I wish I could stay at the meetups longer but my fps goes to shit quick and I end up dipping out for a smaller pop world.

Okay, so first, I'd separate the mesh as if I was going to decimate, then I'd highlight the pieces I want to group together, and throw them in an atlas? I'm not sure how to combine just certain parts of the mesh, since all I've ever done is hit the join mesh button.

seems most that join the portal hopping meets, are on the same page when it comes to discordfaggotry, soo far all the anons I met in the meets have all been really chill, its nice to mingle with other anons that laughed at the same jokes as you. or at the very least get the humor and language, I have a bit of a hard time adapting with others, just seems easier with anons.

what kind of computer do you have?

search for uganda