/PMMM/ - Magia Record Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side Story

Previous: Sharpen your harpoons because it'll be whale season in less than 24 hours

Get the Game
>Android
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aniplex.magireco
apps.qoo-app.com/en/app/4839
>iOS
itunes.apple.com/jp/app/マギアレコード-魔法少女まどかマギカ外伝/id1164785360

Playing on Android w/o Google PlayStore?
pastebin.com/aXsMu3N5
>Latest Chink APK (1.3.2)
mega.nz/#!FIsAFbRL!O2Thnj1X9WfIngSTvNV_wy8F39GkXBXTUwx1CjZrM9g

Official Website
magireco.com
Official Twitter
twitter.com/magireco
twitter.com/madoka_magica

Game Info
>Menu and Story Translations:
pastebin.com/tZzSUEPS
>How to get Moemura:
pastebin.com/Y2KyfpUD

Wikis:
pastebin.com/q9ExjnrL

Friend List
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16mLyaQUPkjt_0m7_q8QCvjxPjD-zA_twRhZFSCPWUFY
Add yourself
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc6d_pfyFHH9dd2dh1XfgqNw5RC3-A7SRH7l6XUPF3FC6Ip2g/viewform

Voice Actors List:
pastebin.com/r9y62KA0

OST rip:
mega.nz/#F!paJV0Dpb!Ftva6xpIvcdkjtpoYvY3aw

Ongoing events
>Nothing at all

Recently released
>SAYAKA
>Challenge missions and voices for chapter I
>Nanami Yachiyo 5*/Doppel unlocked, upgrade Yachiyo to complete 30 achievements that reward you materials, CC and gems
>Tamaki Iroha 4* unlocked

Soon
>Ranked PvP

Current Rate-up (runs until February 5th 14:59 JST)
>Sayaka Miki (4* Aqua Defense unit, BACCA discs)
>For the sake of those treasured ones (Memoria, HP regen [IV] & damage cut state [IV] (Self/3T))
>Two-man Coalition Battlefront (Memoria, Magia UP[III])
>Just a bite! (Memoria, Accele MPUP[VI] (Self/1T))

Reminder to trade 200 gems for 10 tickets in the shop each month, saving you 50 gems on one 10 roll.
Bind your account!

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/magiarecord/comments/7sn69c/rmagiarecord_1k_members_feedback_survey_results/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1st for YachIro

>that one fashionista meguca called Homura a faggot to her face
what

Let's see, I used a double Madoka comp during the Kazumi event, I think I ran it against the horned boss. Collected 30+ observations, and the difference was non-significant, with some even dipping below the baseline. Then switched to Kokoro + 2x Madoka to see if MMM combo does the trick, and it still didn't produce anything of note. Unfortunately, I have no data from back then, since I tend to delete all my work-unrelated data asap.
One other thing, I believe you should switch to proper statistical analysis methods instead of just taking a mean or median, or in this case, mid-range, and "eyeballing" it. I personally find mid-range quite unreliable in general (since it's a very bad estimator overall), even more so since we don't know the random factor distribution in the damage formula yet.
Anyway, do what you will with it, this is just my two cents.

>ranked mirrors
i have 1 slot madokriemhild, 3 slot momoko i still have no idea how did this happen, 1 slot mamicandeloro and 1 slot kyouko
all are lv. 100 and have some buffs already

also there's lv. 80 kaede, lv. 80 3 slot homu and tsuruno that waits for materials to get uncapped

what team do I use

>whale season
SPLIT YOUR LUNGS WITH BLOOD AND THUNDER

>tfw now I have at least accumulate 2.5k gem before any rolls

Agree to disagree regarding using the middle value between max and min. Damage calculations are done the same across all games I've played and are aware of. Your stats are put into an equation and whatever comes out the other side, a random variance is placed upon it, usually +/- some low percent. A character isn't going to do 10k damage, then do 2k in the exact same situation. If you've found a wide enough range of damage, using the midpoint of the max and min would be enough to have a proper approximation of the calculated damage prior to the random variance. There really is no eye balling going on here.

And maybe you should do a few more trials. Your experience contradicts both my experience and our unnamed nip friend's. More data is always welcomed.

So you impose an assumption that the random element is essentially a uniformly distributed linear coefficient. That's good if true, but are you really sure about that? And what about other factors we might now even know of? Even more so with the small sample size, since that might affect the results.
When I was talking about eyeballing, I was referring to you taking the measure you're using and just looking at whether the difference between the tested values and the baseline is positive or not. What I'd personally do in this case is conduct some fitting non-parametric test (e.g. ranksum) if you're concerned about low sample size.
>data
Lately I personally don't have much time for this, unfortunately, but I do appreciate the efforts community makes to understand the inner workings of this game. I just feel obligated to comment if I think the analysis isn't rigorous enough.

Remember that you get discount 10 tickets every month, so at least it's 2400.

Well you have to take into account that you need 250 gems to clear the shop too so the amount of gem is still the same essentially.

I think many f2p just don't care enough about the pot packs to spend precious gems on them, so I guess you can safely discount that.

Do you think the next Madoka movie will be released this year?
I hope it does.

If you buy all, then you get 11 tickets instead of 10, so it's still less.

Fair point. It should be 2475.

2450*

So...what's everyone's current favorite Witch? Doesn't matter if it's official or spin-off.
I fell in love with this thing a time back and it's still my favorite.

The whole shop costs 250. I was counting in the 20 and 5 gems packages too.

I'm saying that it'll take at least 2 months.

If it's this year they'll have to announce it soon.
The pressure and people's expectation will keep rising every year they wait.

She looks fat in that photo.

You want to know the real reason why Mami joined Magius? It's not because she thinks Magius are the Magical Girl's salvation.

It's because Touka and Mifuyu offered to be her friend.

Next to fall is Moemura and if not Moemura and Hommando. If she's willing to repeat hell over and over again, doing whatever it takes to save Madoka including becoming the devil then she will not be able to resist the offer of preventing Madoka from becoming a Witch just by releasing her doppel.

Kyouko will probably join once they become her surrogate family.

The only girl who will probably resist is Sayaka, the Magical Girl of Justice who has no reason to join a Evil Cult.

Sayaka is just that great.

A sequel this year? Nah, they would have announced it by now. Shaft also still have 3-gatsu, Fate and more Monogatari this year.
I can see a sequel(I predict it will be a second season rather than a movie) next year though.

I am literally IN LOVE with Homura, She is my wife.

In one of Homura's magical girl stories, Ria drops in on Homura and Madoka during their shopping trip in Kamihama. Madoka recognizes her from fashion shoots and keeps giving her attention, but Ria notices that Homura is too engrossed with Madoka to pay any attention to her.

"One day... I'll find someone who looks at me with as gentle eyes as the eyes you have for her...!"

Junk transformer Gisela.
Her boss fights in Madoka Portable are kinda fun with the "oh shit, run away" factor when she transforms into bike mode and charges up her AoE that zooms across the entire map.

Not really, Homi thinks Magius is filled with bad people but their goal is just.
Mami thinks Magius is filled with bad people and their goal is bad, because she trusts her instinct.

The only ones that won't be brainwashed to join are Kyoko and Moemura because it makes the most sense plotwise.

I'd be surprised if her and Emiri aren't in the valentine story

>Homi thinks Magius is filled with bad people but their goal is just.
Emphasis on the 'goal is just,' Hommando did not give a crap about anyone else as long as she accomplished her just goal of saving Madoka. If given a chance Homura will look at the doppel system and consider the possibility of Madoka clearing her gem with every release of Gretchen. She'll believe that that can help fulfill her own just goal and she will sign the fuck up.

Who is your favorite Magireco-original Mahou Shoujo?
>Ren
>Ricchan
>Masara
>Yacchan
WTF, Reddit loves the dykes.
reddit.com/r/magiarecord/comments/7sn69c/rmagiarecord_1k_members_feedback_survey_results/

>reddit

Maid Cafe Homura helps Hinano and Emiri try to get Rika together with Ren. Sayaka lends a hand as well.

Things do not go as planned.

Meanwhile every other magical girl couple (Sasara/Asuka, YachiIro, AyaFeliciaKako, AliKari) are giving each other chocolates. Alina calls Karin's chocolates trash but she still eats them and headpats Karin. Tsukasa and Tsukuyo watch in fascination.

This is followed by June Bride Wedding Sayaka (long haired). Sayaka will be the perfect bride for everyone. It will be about her 'practising' for Kyousuke but she ends up reading her lines with either Madoka or Kyouko in the place of the groom.

The problem is that the cult is filled with terrible people to the point where brainwash is the only way to get people to join.

You can argue that Hommando can join, but since Hommando becoming Hommando means Moemura looping and since looping is going to be likely triggered by the doppel system being a giant fuckup, she won't be joining either.
In fact, just like she did in the series, she's going to warn people about the cult in cryptic ways. Which is not necessary since no one joins by their own accord.

Not like there is a lot of competition for Ren.

Say something nice about Mami-san please.

Her boobs

>WTF, Reddit loves the dykes.

>implying we don't

>Who is your favorite Magireco-original Mahou Shoujo?
Alina, Karin is a close second.

>Asks to say something nice about Mami-san
>Posts Homi

Mami-san deserves more love. I hope the next movie is about her.

>Liking generic psycho meguca and Nagisa ripoff meguca

Holy shit, you literally have worse taste than leddit

You're either unfamiliar with Karin or Nagisa.

Who do you like? Kancolle design ripoff with "I'll kill myself" backstory?

We don't know all that much about Alina, but I have Karin and read her meguca story as well as Halloween event.
The aspect that was interesting about her character was ironically robbed by Yashit anyways. She's just painfully generic now nano.

Ren has a one of the better meguca stories. It's no wonder she became so popular.
But, I think I like Felicia the most.

It was really cool when she used her ribbons to swing around in Rebellion.

what are the chances of getting an international release?

10%. The game is dead in the west.

>The anime is dead in the west.

ftfy i mean if it has no release it can't be alive, right

>not liking ren and rika
masara though

They're still actively working on it.

Oh, that.
Ami Ria has a gaydar.

>movie
What if its a second season? Urobuchi implied during 2012 that a 2nd cour was being considered

Yeah, Im seeing our first reset at the ‘day of liberation’.

>In fact, just like she did in the series, she's going to warn people about the cult in cryptic ways. Which is not necessary since no one joins by their own accord.

But she can warn us about rumors or do things happening behind the scenes that the party cant otherwise learn/do without taking major loses or losing major amounts of time.

Mami was brainwashed and, worse, Alina and Touka brefiended her so it would even more hard to Mami to break the brainwash as seen on Holy Mami side story
>The only girl who will probably resist is Sayaka
Are you kidding? She is the second that would likely join them. Magius would bribe Sayaka with her love towards Kyosuke and justice so the silly retard would join easily

>Urobuchi implied during 2012 that a 2nd cour was being considered
He said a 2 cour anime with multiple movies for years to come was being planned. Urobuchi just kind of talks sometimes and it’s really best not to take everything he says at face value. He was likely joking when he said that.

didn't sayaka fight holy mumi

Homi doesn't seem to like her "friends" all that much in fact, she was annoyed with them calling her all day and seeing how she and the other members get worked to the bone farming grief seeds.
The only thing on her mind is her mission, not any love for the cult leaders.

Another hint is that she tells Sayaka that the cult has some bad/dangerous people. So she really thinks badly of her "friends".
Homi's brainwash consists mainly of the conflict with herself "Did I really always believed that this is the way to save magical girls?".

>He said a 2 cour anime with multiple movies for years to come was being planned.

He never said anything like that unless he meant somebody else writing. He hates writing sequels.

>hates writing sequels
>rebellion exist
so did he die inside after that

>figma releases all the new girls
>magical girl, school clothes, and pajamas
>each girl comes with accessories
>release a scale sized boarding house to put them in
>has beds, cooking ware, and furniture
>tfw you realize you Goodsmile memed you into buying a doll house

Well, thematically the entire movie is about making a spectacle out of ruining the TV series ending so I think that says it all.
He also had to rely on the type of bad endings he used to create before Fate/Zero where love wins and the world as a whole suffers, which he dislikes.

I love you, /pmmm/!

I love you too, as a friend.

>buyfagging anything other than scale figures

Sayaka-chan with long hair is cuter.

>So you impose an assumption that the random element is essentially a uniformly distributed linear coefficient.

Yes. As a programmer and someone who's been doing this kind of thing for over 10 years, it's highly probable that it's true since every game I've come across does it that way.

Equations take in stats and spits out a number. Every game I'm aware of does it this way.
A random variance is applied to that number, which creates a range of values. Every game I'm aware of does it this way.
If, through testing, you find an adequate representation of that range, it can be used to form a approximation of the baseline value. And an approximation is all I'm going for.

Basically, this works because the variance isn't going to be 10% one swing, 20% the next swing and 5% the swing after that.

And I'm pretty careful with my wording; I never say something like "it's is 10%", I say things like "it's around 10%".

And of course, I'm open to being wrong. If I do one swing and get 11k damage, and then restart the app, perform an identical action and get 14k, then the basis of all my calculations get thrown out the window. However, that hasn't happened yet and it's improbable that it will.

>Every game I'm aware of does it this way.
Not that guy, but take as an example Diablo 3 (back in the early days I was playing it). Suppose an item had a maximum of 300 str. It was rolled as two separate rolls of 100-150 str + 100-150 str, which gave stronger midrange but much harder to attain both minimum or maximum. For example rolling 300 has a 1 / 2601 chance to appear instead of 1 / 101 if it was just one 200-300 roll. It's also not easy to distinguish this from uniform distribution if sample size is small.

This. It could also be smth like a normal distribution, I think some games use it. Not an expert on that though.

A lot of games use XdY DnD style rolls (roll X dice with Y sides). It's a simple way to express a distribution.

would be 198 + 2d51

>take a girl with a plain hairstyle
>improve the hairstyle
>she becomes cuter
Really makes you think.

>it took over 50 thousand EXP to get halloween theater from lv. 18 to 50
jesus christ what the fuck

doing this without the circuits is pure masochism

okay this wasn't supposed to be linked at anybody
f

That would still result in a triangular distribution though, not a uniform.

Correct.

Hopefully when Urobuchi writes the final installment we will finally get the truly happy ending these girls deserve.

>truly happy ending
Madoka and Homura both are going to end up "dead", as concepts.

Well if there are any indication of that being true for this game, I'll take it into consideration. Thus far, between the hundreds of trials I've run, the difference between the max and min has never been over 10% (9.1% to be more precise)

Come on user, distribution and the max-min difference are different things. Or don't you know stats?

Provide me data to show that that's relevant for this game.

How could it not be? Your reply suggests you don't know what a distribution is.

And I'm done with you.

At least they're going to be together.

Not turning this into Veeky Forums: midpoint (or mid-range, whatever) is not good for anything but uniform (and some special cases I guess), which I think that first user was trying to tell you. So you should better use something else if it's not uniform.

>being this arrogant
Not knowing statistics and doing quant analysis, is this the peak of CS idiocy?

>you don't know what a distribution is.
Don't be so hard on him.
That's normal.

Which makes it bittersweet, not truly happy.

i've heard rika is the same age as mami (~15)

she doesn't look like that age; granted though one of her lines does say she is relatively small for her age or something
Still better than "Homura dies and never meets Madoka again" kind of ending.

Bad statistics and gamedev have a long history. Stuff like rnz is amusing every time

speaking of statistics and maths, i have went too deep into this.
i cannot look at every use of combination the same way anymore. i vaguely remember something, years ago, talking about a combination for safe code (probably a show or bunch of them) which implies order does not matter when it does (that's a permutation). help how do i fix this

>Still better than "Homura dies and never meets Madoka again" kind of ending
Yes, by definition, bittersweet endings are happier than tragic endings.

Too late, we're Veeky Forums now.

{0, 1} = {1, 0}
(0, 1) ≠ (1, 0)

Rika is a goblin who has it for tall lady-like women.
I can see her developing a crush on Mami if they met.

Ren isn't very ladylike.

is this supposed to help

I don't think Rika is attracted to Ren, she sees her as a friend.

>rika
>goblin
Rika is short, but not that short.

how does hinano even plan to drive cars

science