/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/
↳A limited edition Rathalos PS4 Pro has been announced for sale outside of Japan. Check your local retailer for more details.
↳Weapon Movesets: pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP (embed)

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh (embed)
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PFBXcl6FW6M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

kill yourself

now we're talking

why are there only online sessions in the first place? I thought I wouldn't even be able to do online because I didn't buy the shitty paid online

Am i right in assuming that i can either capture or kill monsters in Hunt Investigations?

I want to play so badly but too poor.
When will I find the game for 20 bucks or so?

How the hell do i join squads? Is there literally not a list in this game of squads that one can apply for? This is a pretty big oversight.

So you have a console but can't afford a game?

I got some error message anyway and it started me in offline mode.
Why can't I just start in offline mode

I'm gonna use the HGB when I coop with my friend tonight!

So Fellow hunters help me out

I played the first (ps2) MH and extensively Freedom Unite, as well as 4u and World (didnt like that last one)

To me it looks like FUN so far but I have some doubts that worry me a bit, I will try to summarize them

>Does the story-handholding ever stops? It breaks the freedom we use to have

>Can I make an advance weapon? or do I have to make a basic one and improve it again and again?

>Is there a moment when quests start to show up? So far i've been feeling very limited, go kill this - > go kill this -> 2 investigation and optional and go kill this

> I dont like not having a gunner set :( also not being capable of seeing the next possible weapon and it's ingredients reduces the hype of obtaining new weapons

Any of those things get fixed when you advanced? Also is there a G-Rank or similar? I havent struggled with any monster so far and that worries me

cheers and good hunt

Yes, but to be fair I've had the console for years now, I didn't just buy it.

I said so in the previous thread, yes.

what do i have to deliver when i find a new campsite on my own?

Every Japanese player I've been teamed with has been fucking shite. Also I've just had Anajanath get jumped by a Great Jagras with a cameo appearance by a Tobi who also started fighting the other monsters.

I'll ask again:

Must have skills for Charge blade?
Does Focus still work with CB?

Playing with randoms is just like it was on 4u but WORSE - being a hammer user you will get usually tripped by dual swords, insect glaive and longsword. Everybody attacks the head at the same time. Retards can't capture properly, either use traps too early or just kill the monster. Some don't even play the objective but fish and gather after using sos flare.
Game's great but online is just unreliable mess. I want the previous rooms back.

Milsy-chan for MHW!

Why do people care about random multiplayer so much?
MH has always been best solo or maybe with one or two good friends, that's it. But solo is even better. The true hunting experience, mano a monster.

gimme your sickest world webms /mhg/

>no transmog
>cosmetic sets cost dosh

defend this

why is Honey the main ingredient in all things good? They could've switched it up a bit I have a chest full of trash here.

>Some don't even play the objective but fish and gather after using sos flare.
comfy boi

Not Focus.

Depends with every camsite

The Legiana skill 'airborne' does the bonus damage for jumping attacks also apply to IG air attacks?

Is there a way to do a MHG session for World?

Read OP

It's always been like this?

If you're not farming cultivating honey while on quests you're bad.

or you want to farm some godbugs/bitterbugs

Fix matchmaking reeeeee

Because honey is tasty and one of the oldest medicinal products.

Quote me when PSN is back up lads.

It is up...

Farming LR Rathian on PS4
4LMfarsLFasH

Rotten Vale has the best monsters
>Girros is cute as hell and has the most adorable animations, his gear looks good and his weapons are fun to use
>Radobaan is Uragaan but not shit, pure joy to hunt with a hammer or gun
>Odogaron is the only new monster capable of actually posing a threat due to his speed damage and bleed, and has fantastic armor designs
How can other zones even compete?

What is the first mat for Mudslide Blade II, the CB weapon?

Where the fuck do I get Anjanath fangs?

I’ve fought him 6 times and I’ve not got a single one. I’ve go two plates before a single fang.

What do i have to do for the watcher set and aloy skin?

Why is PSN so fucking shit? I just want want to hunt with a bunch of fellow hunters.

>you can keep hammer charge while you slide
>you do a sonic spin in midair if you release it during slide

Barroth Scalp

How can I improve her? Face is a bit too long, but there's no slider for that.

someone post an ID

Just keep fighting him, I've got five from him.

Have you tried bashing his face.

How's the load time of MHW on a classic PS4 digital vs physical?

restart

Think you're supposed to just capture him and break his face

Don't forget the best battle BGM, possibly even better than frozen seaway.
youtube.com/watch?v=PFBXcl6FW6M

>tfw giving your palico the paralysis weapon

glad this still works

>user doesn’t read every single post from 12 threads a day

The absolute slouch.

I haven't player MH extensively since launch Tri, and I'm planning on picking up MHW when it launches on PC (Don't have a PS4/XBOX). Which 3DS MH would help me catch up the best with the new mechanics in the series?

4U

>digital vs physical

I don't see how there is going to be any difference since they both entirely install the game on the console.

ok /mhg/, would you drink an energy drink made of nitroshroom + honey or hot pepper + sleepy fish?

I can't play online because of constant error codes.

What gives?

PSN must do maintenance by region or some shit, because sometimes people have trouble with it when others aren't. It's not up for me either.

Game is not very difficult. The difficulty comes from bad framerate and stupid randoms in online play.
Capcom said that they will release G rank as DLC at some point. If you want challenge I guess the best option would be doing arena quests. I'm sure they will release something in next month or two, new quests and stuff.
So far the armor sets don't even matter. For example, Focus skill level 1 only improves the charging time by 5%. Next level improves it 10% which is still almost not even noticeable. But then again focus is not even needed for greatsword any more.. They homogenized every weapon and set so the necessity for needing specific armor skills is pretty close to none.
Best way to use them is to take some utility perks like muck resistance, windproof and stuff like that which help with environmental hazards instead of improving your weapons as they are already too powerful in the first place.
If you want to grind investigations and expeditions are the way to go. Assignments are all just story quests. Best way to play online reliably is to use sos flares. Nobody ever joins my quests if I make them available online.
How do I even play with people from /mhg/?

please help I dont want to buy it if it doesnt. this is on the arm piece btw

The first one if I want some flavor in my drink, the second if I need it RIGHT FUCKING NOW with no regard to taste.

I don't like mushrooms but I do like fermented fish and peppers

>Nitroshroom is capable of generating "blazing heat" but honey is tasty
>Hot peppers probably aren't as absurd as nitroshrooms, but I don't want to drink fish juice
Honestly neither

Shit servers
Enjoy paying for this service

Do we have a comprehensive list of World materials and where to find them yet?

Your character is kind of an example why PS4 is popular among casuals, they don't care about framerates or image quality: most people are borderline blind.

>pay for online
>online is way worse than free online the games had before

>that slow realization that your best waifu is completely potato-looking

Write everything down in a notebook and gather/kill everything and make your own wiki like a real motherfucking hunter

Capturing vs killing.
Is there any reason to kill?

where's the dude I'm supposed to find in the ancient forest, I've been running around for like an hour, fought like 4 Anjanath and 2 Rathian already and I still can't fucking find him

What are the purple clouds that I see while using the Blooming Glaive? If I strike them while a monster is near will they be poisoned?

How can you even tell if youve poisoned a monster?

Is there a weapon that doesn't stagger teammates?

no

>>online is way worse than free online the games had before

It's unfortunate but i'm pretty sure they are going to push fixes in the coming weeks now that it's on big boy consoles. They definitely had good intentions but botched it a little along the way.

hunting horn, be a cheer leader

So I just got to Tobi-Kadachi, is it normal to find this thing fucking annoying as hell, even moreso than the monsters "bigger" than it like Anja?

Nah, Tobi is jarring as hell when you first fight him because he's faster than 90% of the roster. Once you realize that his tail is what you should be hitting his fight becomes a lot easier as he gives you the tail constantly.

>oh no you have to help her fight the odogoron she definitely can't do that alone
>have to fight speedygonzales alone
>the cunt was hiding the whole time
>the handler starts crying like an anime shonen love interest

Jesus Christ this game

This is what happens when Monster Hunter goes mainstream. It was inevitable I suppose.

Tobi Kadachi is bit like Narga mixed with Jinouga.

Well as much as it gets that kind of shit it's also been getting a ton of "wow finally an easy to get into MH" etc. reviews and thus a very high score of 91 on metacritic
It's a double edged sword my man.

anyone?

>Jinouga

so it looks like the smithy can be upgraded to carry on upgrading items is this the case and how ?

also arnt all the items you collect while doing a quest supposed to be removed from your pouch mine are still there eg spider webs , nuts

Where is this from? The writer seems to have obligation to incorporate politics into everything what she/he sees. Into the trash and so on...

It's framerate, user.

Remember when British television asked why all the Japanese were such perverts who couldn't stop idolizing young girls. And Japan literally responded with mind your own fucking business whitey?

>First paragraph
okay kinda missing the point of being a hunter
>Everything after

Are all armour sets viable if you fully upgrade them, or should you periodically adopt a new set?

I really like the Pukei set and theme it with a poison weapon

I have a shock and a pitfall trap in my inventory but I can't use them and there's a red cross in the radial menu. The fuck is wrong?

>it looks like the smithy can be upgraded
what, why, where?

>go on an expedition
>monsters are fucking hidden
>go on an investigation
>monsters buttfucking each other

Why.

You can't find him because you're too busy fucking around fighting monsters

>Odogaron's first fight
>Grandma saving you
>Going back in to save her
>That fucking music in the fight
>How fucking aggressive and dangerous he is
Holy shit that was actually an amazing quest

>really like the look of alloy chest armor and coat
>it fucking sucks and the upgrage cap is too slow to make it viable mid game

You need to talk to the smithy 3 times, eat a meal with veggies in it and roll down the stairs in Astera to activate traps. Genuinely baffled that Capcom would put this in the game.

How do you change palico gadget?

Where do I get warm pelts from?