I was reading about Jospeh Smith's profecies and is pretty scary guys

I was reading about Jospeh Smith's profecies and is pretty scary guys
>New York destroyed: New York and Boston will be destroyed if they reject the gospel. The "hour of their judgement is nigh".
9/11 and the Boston marathon attack
>Civil War: there will be a war between the northern states and the southern states beginning in South Carolina; the southern states will call upon Great Britain for assistance; that after this, war will be "poured out on all nations"; and that "slaves shall rise up against their masters, who shall be marshaled and disciplined for war".
Predicted the civil war 30 years earlier
>Stars fall from heaven: According to Philo Dibble, while preaching in Kirtland, Ohio, Smith said, "Forty days shall not pass and the stars shall fall from heaven."
A metheor shower happened 40 days later
>Wind up in 56 Years "[T]he coming of the Lord, which is nigh—even fifty-six years should wind up the scene."
Hitler was born 56 years later
>"You will see the Constitution of the United States almost destroyed. It will hang like a thread as fine as a silk fiber ... and it will be preserved and saved by the efforts of the White Horse"
No explanation needed
>Stephen A. Douglas to run for president: Smith stated that Stephen A. Douglas would run for the presidency of the United States. Smith also predicted that if Douglas slandered the Latter Day Saints then he would feel the weight of the hand of the Almighty upon him.
It happened
>Joseph and Hyrum Smith to die if re-captured: Five days before his death, Smith wrote: "I told Stephen Markham that if I and Hyrum were ever taken again we should be massacred, or I was not a prophet of God"
He knew when he was going to die
This is creeping me out. I thought that mormonism was just a bad meme

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philo_Dibble
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

> He knew when he was going to die
Aren't we all...

>make vague prediction
>pick historical event that best fits the prediction
>see guys? le prophecy!

regular christians need to see this. this is how you look to everyone else when you talked about fulfilled prophecies

euphoric

I'll make another prophecy;

>Utah will remain a forsaken shithole forever and mormons the little hamstas of the Internets cause they reject the gospel of Pepe. The hour of their hurt feels is nigh.

Utah is rich as fuck bro.

Hitler was the Lord?

> Boston marathon attack

I wouldn't count like 6 people dying 600,000 as 'destroyed'.

Except these are not vague at all.

Look, I can do this too.
*holds bible, rolls yes in back of head*

There shall come a time when there is a great marching upon a structure of power. And the marching shall be met with resistance, and the resistance shall put down the marching.

There shall come a time when homogeneous groups fracture into smaller groups with different goals, and the scattering compromises the power of the previously homogeneous group.

There shall come a time when representatives of the masses are trusted with great power, and betray the masses they were previously charged with representing.

I'm screeching this. If this does not happen within the next ten years I'm killing myself on stream.

Utah is like the wealthiest state if you adjust their earnings to their cost of living

The problem is, and you will disagree with me here, that Christians interpret these prophecies in such a way that Jesus fulfills them.

Except neither New York or Boston were even significantly damaged. Sure, two buildings collapsed and a bunch of people died but it's hardly equal to being destroyed.

>9/11 and the Boston marathon attack

A coupe buildings collapsed in New York and 6 people died in Boston 12 years apart . He said that NY and Boston would be destroyed. They weren't.

>Predicted the civil war 30 years earlier

The North-South conflict of interests already existed in his lifetime. Many people anticipated the civil war. Also, the profecies are incorrect: the war did not "pour out on all nations" and slaves did not "rise up", they were liberated by the government.

>Stars fall from heaven: According to Philo Dibble, while preaching in Kirtland, Ohio, Smith said, "Forty days shall not pass and the stars shall fall from heaven."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philo_Dibble was a diplomat who died in 2011. He was no contemporary of Joseph Smith and he was no historian. What are his sources for this claim? Probably made it up.

>Wind up in 56 Years "[T]he coming of the Lord, which is nigh—even fifty-six years should wind up the scene."

WTF? You think Hitler was the second coming of Jesus Christ? Really?

>No explanation needed
???

>Stephen A. Douglas to run for president: Smith stated that Stephen A. Douglas would run for the presidency of the United States. Smith also predicted that if Douglas slandered the Latter Day Saints then he would feel the weight of the hand of the Almighty upon him.

Douglas was a prominent and very active politician. Not a very impressive prediction. Also, in what way did he " feel the weight of the hand of the Almighty"?

>He knew he was going to die

He knew he had a fuckton of enemies who wanted him dead. No clairvoyance needed.

tips fedora
*for dawkins*

>You think Hitler was the second coming of Jesus
Of course.
> 'For, behold, days are comming,' declares the LORD, 'when I will restore the fortunes of My people Israel and Judah.' The LORD says, 'I will also bring them back to the land that I gave to their forefathers, and they shall possess it.'
Hitler basically created Israel.

>If you're not a mormon, you're an atheist.

Except there is no proof of Jesus ever existing so all those prophecies about him are worthless. Is J.K Rowling a prophet for "predicting" Harry Potter place of birth? I don't think so.

>Except there is no proof of Jesus

9/11 was statistically a very minor disaster, despite it's later ripples into politics and foreign policy, not that many people died and not too much damage was done comparative to what you would actually call a disaster, let alone a major one.