/tekgen/ - Tekken General

Previous thread: = NEWS =
>Patch 1.08
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/9/28/tekken-7-version-108-update-changes-player-info-in-ranked-ag.html
>Noctis Reveal Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=LmWbiMwxmOU
>Patch 1.09
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/11/28/tekken-7-version-109-adds-dlc-character-geese-howard-rematch.html
>Geese Launch Trailer
youtube.com/embed/mXCZ0mnapMw
>Patch 1.10
avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2017/12/13/tekken-7-version-110-input-lag-reduction-patch-out-now.html

= BASIC INFORMATION =
>Notation
tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php
>Fergus' character overviews
docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/
>Frame data for every character
rbnorway.org/t7-frame-data/
>Top 15 moves for all characters
drunkardshade.com/2017/05/27/tekken-7-top-15-moves-for-all-characters/
>/tekgen/ T7 Character Information Compilation (wip)
docs.google.com/document/d/139rPKrNc0nYHm2SmEa9Wy6LE7ps_2C0akOD4BQrmN2Q

= TUTORIAL VIDEOS FOR NEW PLAYERS =
>How to Approach 3D Fighting Games
youtu.be/p7Ar-RctqyU
>Korean Backdash Cancel (KBD)
youtu.be/gLp3Y0PdV94
shoryuken.com/2017/02/17/this-is-the-year-you-will-learn-how-to-perform-tekkens-korean-backdash/
>Button Buffering
youtu.be/38iJWsjc_w8
>Options at the wall
youtu.be/2SW7kCmA23o
>How to get off the ground
youtu.be/j-PDc20Jezg
youtu.be/11oZkTYI6Rs
>Low parrying
youtu.be/SF2wBESs01U
>Oki/Tech Trap
youtu.be/LYqbvQljTw0
>Throw Breaking
youtu.be/m4em9HzrwFI
>Wavedash
youtu.be/xMtFCy8LreM
>Wavedash/Backdash on pad
youtu.be/fU5Ji23k4LU
>Combo video playlist for each character
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDzNGonyeoUtBqYuqku0QqNwk2mcSlV_n

OFFICIAL "WHY YOUR CHARACTER IS UNGA" LIST

Akuma: 2D nigger
Alisa: Jetpack gimmicks fuck off you ickymasu-ing robot slut
Asuka: B3, unga strings, unblockable
Bob: Hellsweep, unga strings
Bryan: Snake edge, Orbital, soccer kicks
Claudio: Hopkick, F3
Devil Jin: UNSEEABLE LOW LAUNCHER + oki vortex cancer
Drag: WR2, Snake edge, D2
Eddy: gas eddy mains at least christie was hot while you were doing your bullshit
Eliza: 2D nigger
Feng: crushing bullshit and full screen launchers
Geese: 2D nigger
Gigas: Billion damage throws, full screen jabs
Heihachi: db2, Hellsweep, the unga mishima
Hwoarang: NIGGER WHEN CAN I TAKE MY TURN
Jack 7: Full screen launcher, Debugger
Jin: Hellsweep, unga strings
Josie: fucking everything fuck this cancer
K4t4rin4: 444444444
Kazumi: Fly gimmicks and tiger memes
Kazuya: hellsweep and 1,2,4,3
King: Chain throws, Alley Kicks, unblockables, character for furries
Kuma/Panda: Hunting stance, 10f ch launch
Lars: crushing bullshit, anime dashing shit
Law: Dragon Tail, bullshit + frames on everything, unga strings, slide nigger
Lee: slide nigger
Leo: b1,4, hellsweep, nigger has every bullshit move in the game
Lili: F3+4, Snake edge, that fucking throw, can never attack when she is BT
Rucky Chroe: all of her lows, BT billion damage launch
Raven: bullshit crushing, teleporting everywhere what the fuck is going on
Miguel: Can't ever attack this nigger, low launcher
Nina: unga strings, chain throws
Paul: unbeatable deathfist, demoman 50/50. one shots you at the wall
Shaheen: slide nigger
Steve: bullshit crushing stances, guard break, + on literally every attack, can never see what the fuck he is doing because all of his attacks look the fucking same
Xiaoyu: AOP is fucking cancer
Yoshi: fucking gimmick character kys yoshi mains

Remember to drink lots of water!

Name ONE(1) good reason why you aren't maining Nina right now

But I am maining her.

Can someone explain this to me? When I watch Tekken matches. The movement is fast and smooth. Hell, when I watch my own matches, my movement looks fast and smooth but when I am playing. I feel like a fucking turtle? What is this?

What gimmicks does Yoshi use? I'm genuinely curious as to what moves are considered his gimmicks. His slow as fuck unblockables? His spinning low kicks?

Adrenaline

>tfw wanna play nina but afraid i'll just end relying on her gimmicks

Guess you feel slower because of online lag. You can't feel that while watching a match.

or maybe what he said

>Name ONE(1) good reason why you aren't maining Nina right now

boring af and I don't play girl characters because I masturbate enough thank you

Can you punish Raven out of her backturn transitions? I now there's some which are slow enough that you can jab her out of them but some transitions are a bit faster or high crush. In other words, give me some anti-Raven tips.

His unblockables serve as tech traps and sometimes "deer in headlight" kind of mixups, and his spinning low kicks are a good entrance into his FC mixup.

that guy is dumb

time relative to you seems slower when you are playing compared to watching.

Chanel must have crashed HARD after all that red bull

Chanel has redbull bitches now

this is why the "oh yeah who do you play then" argument is retarded. someone somewhere has some retarded reason why your character is dishonest.

but there are some characters that are more dishonest than others

>player match
>one and done
What the fuck is the point of playing then? It takes a few minutes to even get a fucking match. Shit is autistic dude. I hope these people suffer.

>not drinking redbull like the pros

They might have chosen player match to try a new character and they decided it feels bad so they stop playing with it.

That's the only rational explanation I can think of.

I know he's joking but I was interested in knowing what Yoshimitsu's gimmicks were because I have never seen 2 yoshis play the same.

I guess a gimmick could be 3>4u because yoshi can always be jabbed out of the stance

df12 and ws1,2
unblockables
ff4 on block into buttons
d21 string
flash setups
b21
f3 mixups

>high execution just so I can play rushdown
Might as well just play dragunov.

oh no, it's the "it's a gimmick if it's not invincible" guy again

Wrong. It's a mix up on hit, you can always be jabbed out of it on block. If you use it for whiff punishes it's a legit move. Spamming it at anytime is gimmicky (and a bad habit of mine)

doing 3>4 without the transition is legit. It's a good low crushing mid poke

sorry for not falling for your gimmicks mate

True. But I was refering to 3~4u specificly. It's an actual good move for mixups if you use it properly.

do either 3~4 hopkick or 3~4~u into stance mixups. hopkick will crush jabs.

>have a mid that hits eddy in rlx
>if he's off axis just a little bit it whiffs
delete this cunt from the game

Don't forget to drink water!!

who do you play? (serious question I want to help)

They better cut down every characters movelist to 60 max in Tekken 8

t. Kazumi main.

t. brainlet fighter v player

thank you alisa, I'll go drink now

Decided to take a week break because I kept getting pissed off at tekken

I come back, the first match is a King and i'm instantly pissed off again, I hate this fucking garbage game FUCK

no, i'm drinking redbull

Today I woke up later than usual

What is it about Bryan as a character that incites faggotry? Just finished a match with another Bryan fag and he fits the bill to a tee.
>doesn't skip intro
>doesn't skip outro
>taunts at the end of the match
>only knows snake edge and orbital, couldn't combo off of anything else even when he got screws

He won the first match and I won the second one, kept him waiting for me to accept while I typed up this post and winquit him like the absolute faggot he is. I'm not even mad about Bryan but Bryan players for some reason all act like 13 yo's.

>you can uf44 with Kaz the b213 Dragunov """""mixup""""
This is hilarious, beating the scrub string with the supreme scrub string

You can just do a ws launcher too.

You didn't officially winquit on him if you only matched him 1 win for 1 loss you stupid bitch. You played yourself

Nope, if you duck and they cancel into the throw you have to break it, hence the ""mixup"". You need a low crush to beat both the snake edge and the throw

you can also do a delayed hopkick

Nope. A ws launcher timed right will not get hit by the crouch throw.

dont you risk getting CH by the sweep?

No, you do the launcher right after the low would connect and it punishes the low and beats the throw.

>official winquit
Winquit is when you win a match and quit, doesn't matter if you're at a surplus or deficit of matches, or in my case at an equal number of wins; I quit after my win, I winquit. Honestly I don't care who win quit who, I would have losequit too because I can't handle that level of faggotry.

You mean you crouch, then if you see him do the throw you let the launcher rip?
I'll try this out

he can cancel the throw into a block, dont do this

So is Law plus on everything? I keep getting countered hit on 90% of his shit.

You tiequit at best. In fact, I'd say the Bryan beat you mentally since you couldn't even handle the thought of not winning two in a row and giving him a proper winquit. If you didn't care you wouldn't have rematched in the first place.

I don't think he can. I know about canceling the ff2~1+2 throw but db3~1+2~b isn't canceling it. Anyway there would still be a recovery and you could launch him before he can block.

Yeah it's his thing. Get familliar with his +on block moves so they can't just steamroll you.

>tiequit

I rematched because I was tired and didn't want to wait for matches but one can only tolerate so much faggotry and I didn't want to watch his intro/outro/taunt/ki charge. If you're a Bryan player calm down, like I said I hate the behaviour of the player not the character.

I just tested it in practice mode. It might be true but there's a strict timing to it, too early and you get CH'd by the sweep, too late and you get thrown. The best option is probably to delayed hopkick it, I just found it funny that uf44444 works

2dquit

you might want to test if the uf4 CHs or whiff-punishes, because if it's the latter then he can block the low

It's very doable when you're used to it.

Any character with a hopkick can do this

It says "punish", so I guess you're right, it might not be guaranteed. Fuck, I really wanted it to work in a real game

Huh, you're right. It's still easier and just as rewarding to just lowcrush for most characters though, but this is a good alternative for jack.

eh dont worry, if someone does that shitty string as drag they dont have the IQ to block the uf4444

Yeah just do what works for you. The optimal solution would be ducking the second hit anyway.

has this been the most peaceful exchange in the history of tekgen?

I managed to reach Juggernaut!

shut up

Oh you can wait until the purple flash to hit him with the launcher, I was doing it too early then. This might be easier than the delayed hopkick

>Jin has a fast good ranged ch low launcher that's only like -13
is this fair?

It's not that fast tho

>Brawler
>Lose to a 1st dan
>Lose to a beginner
I want break my fucking stick. I don't care if they are smurfs. There is always that chance they are not.

noob

Jesus Christ Claudio's f3 is an insane move. Safe homing i18 mid that low crushes, is plus a million on hit, and launches on CH. Got some decent range too.

>play unga character
>get to fighter in before 50 wins
>play character I think looks cool
>barely a brawler after 200 wins
It hurts that my main isn't even close to being my best character

>launches on CH
no

It most definitely launched me.

maybe you were jumping and it screwed you, but I'm 100% sure f3 is not a CH launcher, it just gives frame advantage

Friendly reminder that King is a PROFESSIONAL WRESTLER and NOT a FURRY!

He fights to protect the future of all the kids in the orphanage! NOT because he likes wrestling with big muscle men like himself

I love cock too!

Who's your main? I've ran into the same problem playing yoshimitsu. Unless you run into a complete scrub, most people know Yoshi's gimmicks so you can't get away with much.

I main Jim
>hit electrics a good 60% of the time
>no fucking clue when to use his parry
>punishment seems sub-par
>can't seem to make anything whiff so I end up throwing out a lot of ff2s from range, trying to guess when they'll move forward
>don't want to become reliant on hellsweeps in order to rank up
What should I focus on? KBD? Matchup knowledge? Frame data? Electrics into electrics?

hellsweeps are really good for opening people up

It's not that I don't use them, rather I don't want them to become a crutch that'll hurt my fundies in the long run

Jin gets great punishment. But honestly, as a beginner playing any character that isn't easy and straightforward will take you longer to get good. Just be patient and you'll get to the point where you play the character as if it's the easiest character in the game.

Hellsweeps are a fundamental top-tier Tekken move. It's not a "crutch" to make use of a character's most powerful tools.

That's scrub mentality.

>Jin
>punishment seems subpar
What? He has some of the best overall punishment in the game.

You don't need electrics with Jin, and you don't need parry either. While those tools are powerful, his kit even without them is great and you don't need either of those tools to win with, especially when you're just starting out.

Abuse f4 in neutral. Learn frame data so that you can use his powerful punishes. Don't be afraid to hellsweep, just make sure you don't fall into a pattern. He has other lows you can use that are also powerful and lower risk so make sure you use those as well.

>Paul: unbeatable deathfist, demoman 50/50. one shots you at the wall

If you clearly don't like the game why force yourself to play it?

I swear it takes forever to get a match on PS4

I should've clarified that I'm not complaining about his lack of ability, but rather it's me who's fucking up the punishment. I've fallen into the habit of using 2,4 to punish just about everything, so I'll often whiff or end up with only 29 damage where I could've launched.
How do I best abuse f4? I'm assuming f4 into CDS into crouchdash cancel is a habit worth getting into, but I'm not sure how to best practice the timing.
Thanks for the advice

Congrats dude

Thanks!

Depends on game. In DR he's high mid tier, in 6 he's low mid tier, and in Tag 2 he's straight up mid tier.

He's a high risk high reward character with minus on hit lows(d3,d4) that you had to use. After DR it was a lot harder to turtle with him but in Tag 2 he got some crazy ass CH tools to compensate

Thanks for the response my dude. Man the more I hear about Marduk the more I wish he was in this game.