/hg/ - Halo General

#397 - I miss McFarlane edition

Welcome to Halo General. Here we discuss the Halo games, expanded universe, and fan projects. Discussion of general Xbox developments, news, and games is also allowed unless stated otherwise.

>Halo 5: Guardians has received a major weapons tuning update that radically changes up the gameplay. This update has gone into effect in all arena playlists, warzone playlists, and even custom games.
For a full list of changes, see the link here: halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/weapon-tuning-update

>Latest Halo Community Update
halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/under-the-weather

>Important Halo Links and Notes
pastebin.com/TEdXes5c (embed)

>Halo 5 Spartan Company
halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/halo general

>Xbox One clips and screenshots
xboxdvr.com/
xboxclips.com/

>SPV3, the Halo CE fan remix project, can be downloaded for free
youtube.com/watch?v=VOMzNMe8qHE

>>>Halo News

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/file/jy6nfbnrwnqhtb9/SPV3.1.0f.zip
h2pcmt.com/Cartographer/Installer/
mediafire.com/file/7v0fulcl0ll9lk9/ElDewrito_0.5.1.1_Release.zip
github.com/Clef-0/FMM2/releases/download/v2.00/FMM.exe
microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/halo-5-forge-bundle/9nblggh4v0fr
imgur.com/a/OOF1r
imgur.com/a/6FqzO
imgur.com/a/Pb9Vq
drive.google.com/open?id=0BzxNZWWqyX42ckt0ZDdWaG1WSkk
drive.google.com/open?id=0BzxNZWWqyX42Sk9iamNQaW81V3c
drive.google.com/open?id=0BzxNZWWqyX42aUIwbUZxWHJ0V1E
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Me on the bottom right.

>the req system is good

>Halo on PC:

>SPV3 w/ crack:
mediafire.com/file/jy6nfbnrwnqhtb9/SPV3.1.0f.zip

>Halo 2 Project Cartographer w/ crack:
h2pcmt.com/Cartographer/Installer/

>ElDewrito 0.5.1.1 (INSTALL NOW, UPDATE TO 0.6 LATER):
>Base game: mediafire.com/file/7v0fulcl0ll9lk9/ElDewrito_0.5.1.1_Release.zip
>Foundation Mod Manager:
github.com/Clef-0/FMM2/releases/download/v2.00/FMM.exe

>Halo 5: Forge (WINDOWS 10 ONLY):
microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/halo-5-forge-bundle/9nblggh4v0fr

>AVAILABLE ON STEAM (and Windows Store):
Halo Wars: Definitive Edition
Halo Wars 2
Halo: Spartan Assault
Halo: Spartan Strike

>IN DEVELOPMENT
ElDewrito version 0.6 will release THIS MONTH, will feature a forge mode better than Halo 5, will eliminate many bugs, and will release with Halo 3 assets stock. Already has Team Slayer and Action Sack servers.
Project Contingency is a fan-made Halo game being made in Unreal Engine 4. Coming soon.
Installation 01 is a fan-made Halo game being made in Unity and shows a lot of promise. Coming Soon.

Art Books:
>Art of Halo 3
imgur.com/a/OOF1r

>Art of Halo 5
imgur.com/a/6FqzO

>Art of Halo
imgur.com/a/Pb9Vq

>Art Compilation from CE to 4
drive.google.com/open?id=0BzxNZWWqyX42ckt0ZDdWaG1WSkk

Lore:
>Warfleet
drive.google.com/open?id=0BzxNZWWqyX42Sk9iamNQaW81V3c

>Halo Books
drive.google.com/open?id=0BzxNZWWqyX42aUIwbUZxWHJ0V1E

This Valentine's Day, share a little love.The ODST secret admirer challenge is coming.

Applicants will be randomly paired with another lovely user. Each duo must complete a combination of 2 randomly selected ODST missions by Valentine's Day (February 14th). Every mission has it's own challenging skull combination and must be completed on legendary difficulty. Don't let your group finish last!

Reach out to Wizards0nly or THE ONE BIG RED if you're interested in signing up. You can message one of us on Xbox, discord, or reply to the post here for entry.

Deadline for signup: February 3rd

Thread should've been Blue Team edition desu

Well /hg/ I made it... despite your directions.

when

Leave ODST Legendary to me and Pingas.

>five hours stream of ODST

>Pingas and IJ get the LASO level

But it's really not. People attack you whether you have a chest or not. They attack you when you're docked at port. The respawning is crap so the enemies you kill are back on their boat really quickly. Or if the ship is sunk you spawn in the sea to use a mermaid to go back to a ship but can easily be griefed. It draws out fights that don't need to be drawn out.

And then the "reward". There's no reason to engage in PvP. It's jut easier to do the chest quest yourself. You get nothing for taking down players. There's no incentive for reward. It gets old quick.

It's just Fetch Quest: The Game that's only reward is being able to look cosmetically "better"

The reason to engage is that its fun
To win

This.

COD MW2 is the worst thing to happen to vidya in the last 10 years be a use it created this rediculous notion that if you're not constantly getting unlocks/experience, it's not worth your time.

The good news is the trend is starting to move the other way. New games that are currently popular are played to win again. Sea of Thieves launched at the right time to fit in with it.

Maybe he's supposed to be reloading it? He is looking down at it.

Grinding Reach cheevos was fun.

>Ignore the part about bad respawning
That's not fun.

But yeah, enjoy your pirate role playing game with no substance. You'll be bored after a month

Also forgot that finding other player ships is a chore. There's only 20 people to a server in this huge map. You can spend 2 hours without finding a single person

B-But I wanted to grind cheevos yesterday and nobody responded :(

Midterms this week. Can't grind much.

How jealous is 343 over this and the fact that Halo ESports will never be this big?

I can't believe Halo CE is a terrible game because it has no substance!

I kinda like that actually. Makes me feel like a real pirate roaming the seas. Encounters should be rare.

>hurr I need stuff to enjoy the game
Then stop playing it. We wont miss you.

Very. CS:GO has no mobility and is simple hence why it is largely popular to all. 3v4i can die and no one would care that much.

I can understand people not liking the game for that reason, but it's like they're mad that plenty of people still like the game anyways. Not everyone is obsessed with unlocks just to enjoy a game. In fact, most people that play vidya do it casually and kick back when they can. They don't care about muh unlocks that make me better at the game than newer players. Cosmetics are enough

This

>tfw 343's objective-based single elimination mode is still losing to another from 20 years ago

Halofest really made me realize how bad Halo 5's BTB is. For a second I thought it was the specific maps maybe but then I went into the actual playlist which I generally don't engage in (biggest game mode I play that's not warzone is Fiesta) and realized it was just a problem with big tyeam as a whole. Something about the way you move around the maps just feels off.

what is the reason behind us not having an official halo online for the PC?

8v8 is terrible in halo 5 because halo 5 wasn't made with 8v8 in mind. It was an afterthought the fans have had to support.
Halo 5 is specifically crafted for 4v4 competitive arena, and in that setting it does play quite well. But the movement mechanics just feel off in bigger maps. They almost feel too limited and thus pointless (why sprint if you can drive? Why clamber if there is no verticality? why slide if there are no prominant map aspects that take advantage of it?). Evade is the only ability that is still largely useful but it's far less effective in big open areas.
Honestly, I'd be fine if we switched over to MCC or a BC game for Halofest permanently. I've had my fill of it in 5, but I'll never get tired of the over the dozens of classic maps that actually support it and play well for it.

They used Russia as a testbed. The results were very poor. They decided based on those results that it wouldn't be worth a North American beta or whatnot.
There is however also some suspicion that they didn't think the p2w aspects would have good notoriety in the US and would dampen the brand's reputation further.

I actually kind of agree. 5's BTB has always felt second rate to me. And I guess I always assumed that was because there were no maps made from the ground up in studio for it, but now that you mention it I guess the game just doesn't feel "right" for it

>Something about the way you move around the maps just feels off.
Thats down to the way the game was designed. It was designed specifically for 4v4 Arena. They had MLG teams hell with the basic gameplay to try and push esports.
Another example is the lack of non ranked content at launch. The gameplay doesnt translate well outside of 4v4, tight corridor gameplay.
The game flopped hard. All the money they put into HCS was for nothing, no one cared and they got hardly any notice despite the cash rewards being ridiculous. They banked heavily on Breakout too which of course flopped.
Basically Halo 5 is a mess. Designed for Arena and milking cash from kids for REQs. The DLC was negligible since a bunch of it was for one meme mode and to get you to open those packs goy (over inflating the REQ pool with useless shit).

The only good things to come out of 5 are Forge and the Customs Browser. Everything else is shit. Halo 6 isn't going to be some magical release where 343 finally go back on 6 years of bullshit. You'd think by now people wouldn't fall for their bullshit.

Basically you're never getting another "Halo" game. At the most you'll get 343 shit with a Bungie skin just like CoD WWII. Same shit, different skin.

This looks fun.
Make this a meme mode in the next Halofest

It sounds like the next Halofest won't be halo 5. But I agree we should play this some time.

Believe me when I say it's terrible. In that gamemode, your grenades don't do damage if you die after throwing them. Now, let's talk a real meme mode for Halofest: Sumo

>Halofest 5
>isn't using Halo 5
Can't you nostalgiafags just wait a little bit longer? You can have fests 6 through 10 for all I care.

Isn't Sumo mostly RNG? It feels like the mongoose doesn't already in a predictable behavior when pushing them.

lol
343i = red wojak

>Halofest 4
>Wasn't Halo 4
Can you 5fags wait a little longer? Halofest 5 through 10 can be in halo 5 for all I care

Yeah it's a dumb argument.
We should still use that logo though with the halo 5 logo in it.

>Halofest 3
>Wasn't Halo 3
Can you 4fags wait a little longer? Halofest 4 through 10 can be in Halo 4 for all I care.

We've always used roman numerals for the fest numbering so your argument isn't even something real.

>Halofest 2
>Wasn't Halo 2
Can you 3babbies wait a little longer? Halofest 6 through 10 can be Halo 3 for all I care.

>that unnecessary extra motion as if it's supposed to be a butterfly knife

Should be called the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit

Lel

How about almost no movement?

>Halofest CE
>Wasn't Halo CE
Can you 2babbies wait a little longer? Halofest 2 through 20 can be Halo 2 for all I care.

It's like a passive version of the final aerial assasination

Do you know da wae?

>Marathonfest Infinity
>Wasn't Marathon Infinity
Can you Halobabies wait a little longer? Halofest 1 through 10 can be Halo for all I care.

Holy shit cant unsee.
Thanks for permanently tainting the drinol for me, jackass.

Kek

>mythfest
>wasn't myth
Can you marathonbabbies wait a little longer? Marathonfest 1 through infinity can be marathon for all I care

Playing warzone assault if anyone wants in.

>Onifest
>wasn't Oni
Can you mythfags wait a little longer? Mythfest I through III can be Myth for all I care.

>marathonfest 1 through infinity
Kek

>Darkfest
>wasn't Pathways into Darkness
Can you feminists wait a little longer? Onifest can be a thing when Hillary wins for all I care.

400 soon

Me on the left

Me on the right

soon

>all the alcoholics grouped together
What did grim mean by this?

Forgot pic

I can't tell by armor please explain

>kai
>playing with /hg/
Pick one.

>that dabbing elite in the corner

You dis a really good job making it look gritty

It's a safe bet he will play in the next one since it's older games.

11/10 image

>gnopfest
>wasn't gnop
Can you minotaurbabbies wait a little longer? Minotaurfest 1 through 10 can be minotaur for all I care

We should do one of these every fest with the team leaders (have their helmets red and blue)

Coming out of a cold chill, can Red rise from the ashes and heat things up again?

Who were the MVPs of Halofest?

Even Overlol is having more success with their league. 343 fucked it

Red and Kai would likely be on the same team if Kai even turned up. Cool idea/template going forward though

Fish
Neirn
C0
Muffin
Sweaty

Kai doesn't participate in Halo Fests, ever. He doesn't even play regularly all that much either for that matter.

Don't you die on me.

Im off tomorrow, its fine

Sigmund and Fish were the true MVPs
Also Muffin for his stunning rendition of the BBC's WW1 rap

>bolofest
>wasn't bolo
Can you odsbabbies wait a little longer? bolofest 1 through 10 can be bolo for all I care

You don't give MVP awards to the losing team.

I've watched 2 of the 3 strfeams now. Going to watch the third but I think I've pretty clearly seen why the fest went the way it did and how.

If I win the next halofest do I get a cute halo gf (male)

You don't reload a gun by turning it in the opposite direction

>he doesn't slide the bullets down the barrel of his gun while staring down it

>bullets = rockets
????

What Destiny map do you guys think will actually work on Halo 5?