Who anti-theist here?

Who anti-theist here?

Other urls found in this thread:

newscientist.com/article/dn7147-genes-contribute-to-religious-inclination/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_gene
rt.com/uk/248305-dna-rapist-gene-scientists/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

antichrist?

I used to be, then I realized it's not worth arguing with cultural Christians who don't care about their own beliefs beyond token observance during holidays incorporated into the sphere of the American civic religion.

'Cultural' christians are still christian and they normalize theism.

Why?

They don't care what they're doing. Christianity to them is a holiday mass, confession maybe once every decade, marriage, and baptism.

I won't take it seriously if they don't. At least the heretical /x/-tier obscura posters can teach me some interesting bullshit dredged up from some 90s conspiracy website or strange pre-christian pagan or jewish mythology.

>mass, confession, marriage, baptism
>not taking it seriously

There is no point to it because people have a predisposition to religion.

>my entire identity is built around denying other people's identities
Imagine being this pathetic

Bullshit.

Projecting.

>Projecting
You are misusing that word.

>Bullshit

I am an atheist myself but we know parts of the brain are stimulated by prayer, we know that every group on the face of the earth had some type of religion, and we know that people keep falling for it despite increasing literacy and education.

>Anti Theist
More like Daddy Issues

Religion is the reason why literacy has gone up historically and has contributed enormously to the society that you piss on today.

Doesn't make it true

>my entire identity

You have confused religion and theism.

You have also raised nothing but irrelevant points (and failed to provide any evidence for them either).

Atheism is a phase that edgy rebellious teenagers go through.

Everyone grows out of atheism eventually.

I didn't attack religion, or deny that religious institutions have contributed to human advancement. I just said I dont think they are true.

I didnt say anything about modern society

>The elite are occultists that worship Satan
>These secret societies are the ones that push for atheism on the masses

Really makes you think.

>The elite worship Satan
and not a hint of evidence

They are hardly irrelevant

newscientist.com/article/dn7147-genes-contribute-to-religious-inclination/

>You have confused religion and theism.

There is hardly a religion that does not believe in a God or godlike figure

Except for all the evidence documented over the years?

But yeah let's just ignore that.

How about you show it to me instead of just stating it.

google

if you are anti-____ your identity revolves around other people's identities

>if i believe it and repeat it enough it will become true

Irrelevant.

>That suggests genes play a small role in religiousness at that age.
>suggests genes
>play a small role
>at that age

Sorry I can't find anything that isn't delusional conspiracy theory shit.

Not anti-theist but I'd nut in that bitch.

40% is not a small role its more than a third.

here is more, while still controversial there is a growing body of work suggesting what I am saying
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_gene

Atheism is an irrational and illogical position.

It's "40% of the /variability/ in a person’s religiousness". It doesn't mean 40% are genetically predisposed to believing in god.

>Their study suggests that as adolescents grow into adults, genetic factors become more important in determining how religious a person is, while environmental factors wane.

So let's assume for sake of simplicity that it's an even split: as adults 20% will be more predisposed to it, and 20% will be more predisposed away from it.

20% isn't particularly relevant, especially considering the following:

1. Predisposition to 'religion' doesn't mean that people have to be theists. Even if 20% of people are genetically predisposed to it, if they aren't exposed to theism they can't adopt it. (Note this is a simply statement of fact, not a call to censorship and so on).

2. Even if they are exposed to it, it's a predisposition. They don't have to be theists and they won't if they are educated enough and there are enough social pressures against it. It's not the "lost cause" you claim it is.

3. Predisposition is irrelevant to opposition. I am anti-rape, but there is much evidence that predisposition to rape is genetic (much stronger evidence than that for predisposition to 'religiosity'). That doesn't mean being against rape is "a lost cause."

I'll even link a pop-sci article about it since we're playing that game.

rt.com/uk/248305-dna-rapist-gene-scientists/

>The brothers and fathers of convicted sex criminals are five times more likely to commit rape or a sexual assault than other members of society, a landmark study has revealed.

>Nearly 40 percent of the risk of committing rape is determined by genetics.

See:

You cannot deny Kek.

What's with the random neckbeard in the pic? Is it just trying to rustle some jimmies or what?

Who edgy teen here?