Previous thread: Pastebin for newcomers: pastebin.com/Gq3pxGqc
Musou Stars OST: pastebin.com/eB09X6D4
Recommended Reading: pastebin.com/eJ4kNhSE
Cao Cao 2014: pastebin.com/UHcpuWM6
Three Kingdoms 2010: pastebin.com/yTcAccLy

Dynasty Warriors 9 New Gameplay Playlist:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmBdlHcHH7paWcO8ucTw-UqwlEWUhvUS7

Bulletin:
-Zhou Cang, Cheng Pu, Man Chong, Xu Sheng, Xun You, Cao Xiu and Xin Xianying are newcomers.
-Dong Bai, Xiahou Ji, Hua Xiong and Yuan Shu are Unique NPCs.
-Dynasty Warriors 9 will be open world. Everyone from 8XL and Xun Yu from Empires will return.
-Dynasty Warriors 9 will be out in February 8th in Japan and February 13th worldwide.
-Dynasty Warriors 9 will have a roster of 90 playable characters.
-Zhang Fei and Zhao Yun are clones of each other.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?ebc=ANyPxKrGwQUjdPKwh2KYpUyRQqo689xEcz-ofjaGg40jX5suCNIRLkaGlnVXCRD6sopgdYy7VxOq9U3kNjU6JvcK7mYtHoD-Ig&v=4pHiDDi4sbQ
jiuyangda.tumblr.com/post/170246866891/well-finally-found-what-is-probably-the-source-of
youtube.com/watch?v=rF5-9KrGTJ4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ZHANG FEI IS A RAPIST PEDOPHILE AND KOEI GLORIFIES THIS

youtube.com/watch?ebc=ANyPxKrGwQUjdPKwh2KYpUyRQqo689xEcz-ofjaGg40jX5suCNIRLkaGlnVXCRD6sopgdYy7VxOq9U3kNjU6JvcK7mYtHoD-Ig&v=4pHiDDi4sbQ

>jiuyangda.tumblr.com/post/170246866891/well-finally-found-what-is-probably-the-source-of

CAO RUI CONFIRMED AS A WIFE-STEALING DEGENERATE

CAO RUI DEFENSE FORCE BTFO

As a person who knows nothing about how these games are released, which DW8 should I buy: Xtreme Legends or Empires? On the steam page for Empires, the game is clearly out but it says the screenshots are from an in-development game?

Who ZHANG LIAO X LINGQI here?

Xtreme Legends is an expansion to the main game while Empires is a spinoffwith a different gameplay/story setup.

Xtreme Legends Complete tells the actual story of the games. Empires is just a "conquer China somehow" game.

Both games have been out for a couple years on PC. Xtreme Legends is the main game with the story mode. Empires is a "strategy game" spinoff that lets you create characters and scenarios.

Xtreme Legends if you want to follow the story, Empires if you want to make your own character to kill chinks and conquer China. If this is your first time in the series, get XL.

>the game is clearly out but it says the screenshots are from an in-development game?
They never bothered updating the steam page.

>dw8
aaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Cao Cao didn't abandon Cao Ang or Cao Amin. They willingly gave their lives in combat. It's only sheer obstinate that continues to insist on the notion of "abandonment."

>It's such a minor difference that it deserves no attention
In situation A we have: two soldiers who gave their lives for their lord's safety. The characters in this situation happen to be a family.
In situation B we have: noncombative civilians who were left behind by their lord, in fear of his safety. The characters in this situation happen to be a family.
There is a massive difference between these two situations. One has to remain so willfully obtuse to call this a "minor difference"

>You refuse to acknowledge Cao Cao's role in provoking the ambush
It's not enough for you to move goalposts, but you also engage in copious strawmaning too. If you can find the part of my argument where I claimed that he was not at fault for the incident, go ahead. Interestingly enough, you seem deadset on changing the direction of the argument. What was "Cao Cao also abandoned his family" becomes "Cao Cao also made mistakes" whenever you're pressed on your poor arguments.

So, please, quit backpedaling and take responsibility for your inability to argue.

the first nine posts of this thread were so nice

Thanks for the explanation

I've only been in the last thread and this one and I can already tell you're a major threadshitter. Step it up, son.

>you're a major threadshitter. Step it up, son.
BTFO

Pictured here, renowned poet and songwriter Cai Wenji devouring the heart of an innocent.

I hope you're ready for him to not read your post

Please don't encourage Daolun. It multiplies when aggravated.

Actually I'm a highly respected contributer to this general. As you're new I'll forgive you this time but you had best change your attitude next time if you know what's good for you

OLEV

>Actually I'm a highly respected contributer to this general. As you're new I'll forgive you this time but you had best change your attitude next time if you know what's good for you

*dabs on the hater*

I'm just surprised he can read.

Gotta say, of all the shit to post, that really threw me off guard.

From the last thread:
Playable characters per chapter, so far.
Chapter 1:
Wei: Xiahou Dun, Cao Cao, Xiahou Yuan
Wu: Sun Jian, Huang Gai
Shu: Guan Yu, Zhang Fei, Liu Bei
Jin: None
Other: Dong Zhuo, Zhang Jiao

Chapter 2:
Wei: Dian Wei, Cao Ren, Yue Jin, Li Dian, Cao Xiu
Other: Diao Chan, Lu Bu, Yuan Shao

Chapter 3:
Wei: Xu Chu, Guo Jia, Yu Jin, Xun Yu, Man Chong, Xun You
Wu: Zhou Yu, SSX, Zhou Tai, Sun Ce, Sun Quan, Xiaoqiao
Other: Chen Gong, Lu Lingqi

Chapter 4:
Wei: Zhang Liao, Xu Huang, Li Dian, Cao Pi, Jia Xu
Wu: Taishi Ci
Shu: Zhou Yun

Chapter 5:
Wei: Zhang He, Zhen Ji
Wu: Gan Ning, Lu Meng
Shu: Zhuge Liang, Guan Ping, Yueying

Chapter 6:
Wei: Cai Wenji
Wu: Lu Xun, Ling Tong,
Shu: Pang Tong

Chapter 7:
Wei: Wang Yi
Shu: Wei Yan, Ma Chao, Huang Zhong

I wonder what exactly Cai Wenji is going to do at Chibi

This list isn't completely accurate because there's two pages of the character select, you see the guy switch to it for a second before going back and picking Cao Cao. For example, Wu for Chapter 1 says it has 4 playable characters, the other two are assuredly Cheng Pu and Han Dang.

Just watched that Xbox video, aside from Lu Bu all the english voice actors are growing on me, especially Yuan Shao's. He sounds pretty much as he's characterized.

Shes going to give Cow Cow a bj

Is Yuan Shu 511? Is that why he has to wear the platform shoes?

t. 5'8" manlet

Reminder who'll be drawing the dimes at RELEASEMANIA

>just heard the voices
god that’s jarring

Styles didn't I tell you to go home already?

t. 5'9" manlet

This pic was before the dark days of /eagg/, I miss them

Why are ground textures still ps2 tier

Because jap devs dont care about that shit and neither should you

t. jap dev

No iv just played enough japanese games to notice how things like that are always a thing and you shouldnt be surprised about it.

Im sure there is some exceptions but generally they will sacrifice ground textures to shit in favor of getting something else better.

What dark days? The future looks bright to me

So, they conjure a clone with their magic. What of it!

>Voice actor union strike LITERALLY only effected one game
>That released the year after the strike was forced to stop

why us tho

It affected that Life is Strange game too, that had a bigger shitstorm about it

Hardly. The voice actor that "couldnt do it" was hired as a vocal advisor for the replacement. So in the end they still got paid and still were involved. 10/10 striking.

I dont even remember too much of a shitstorm, people just didnt care cause it was just a prequel by different devs anyway.

LiS is shit anyway

DW9 is officially dead past this point

I hated Dynasty Warriors NEXT

Yeah they sacrificed it for things like voice acting

oh wait...

DW9 looks fun and I can't wait. literally have $80 saved up from the past year's paychecks just to buy this game and play it.

Who else can't wait until the 24th?

I can wait. It's no rush.

Yuan Shu wearing that emperor hat is a little weird considering the context though I love the look.

It works for Dong Zhuo because most of the time he's only really prominent after his rise to power

haha his hat looks like a blue meatbun

It affected a bunch of other names too, of which Nier Automata is one of them I believe.

Well that cant be right. Rina chan (2B) is part of the union.

English voices are weird, but I like the gameplay

I REALLY hate how Cao Cao does that stupid noise at the end of his chain

SOIIIIEE

>character select no longer has the badass music

youtube.com/watch?v=rF5-9KrGTJ4

I dont know what to think bros. Also, the chapter menu for the mobile game is unironically badass. I love the 2d painting with 3d effect overlay design. Shame this game doesnt have that

What I don't get is why he sounds like this angry smoker guy 99% of the time but then the "You're powerless" line sounds exactly like Douglas Rye

Man Lu Bu's new theme kinda sucks.

How do you find voice actors this bad?

Old theme was definitely better, still...I think the music works pretty well in the cutscenes here.

If Nier Automata was affected by the VA strike and still managed to pull off a decent English dub, then what's Koei's excuse for the burning garbage we're getting for Dynasty Warriors 9?

I'm starting to get the feeling there was a mix up with the casting. Alot of the characters we've heard so far don't properly sound right like Lu Bu and Xiahou Dun. Yuan Shu actually sounds decent but he sounds too serious for his character.

>90 characters
>4 UNPCs
>Peon/Generic Quotes
I guess dubbing 3 languages stretched them thin.

Because they're Koei, dude. They're like the seal of mediocrity in the Jap gaming industry. Just look at their other franchises. I think Team Ninja is the only dev under them who actually tries.

>I think Team Ninja is the only dev under them who actually tries.
Oh boy, here we go again.

The Atelier games are pretty good. Nowhere near AAA quality but I've never been as frustratingly disappointed with one of those games than I have been for every Warriors game after WO3.

ITS OVER BROS

I hope DW9 bankrupts Koei and they get bought out by a competent game company like Nintendo.

>Nintendo
>competent
Sure.

>Nintendo
I'd rather the series just die

I can imagine the stupid mascot costumes they would put in the game

Well, Koei has already partnered with Nintendo before so its only a matter of time

>Nu-Team Ninja
>Ruined Ninja Gaiden
>Ruined DoA
>Ruined Dissisdia

Heh.

>Literally has the same fetish as his daddy and gramp

This guy is indeed Cow Pee's son.

Koei filed trademarks for Baseball Musou, Soccer Musou, and Golf Musou! How Awesome is that!

>No Basketball Musou

No one likes basketball.

>No football

>quote the article
>KT employee
gee boy you're retarded

Pirate Warriors 3 guy here. Do you have to S rank all the Islands in dream log?
The S rank itself is not very difficult, the only problem I have is that when a "wanted" guy sits on an island it turns the mission into a 10 minute boss rush scenario, which is pretty easy but I don't get near enough kills for S ranks, so I'd have to replay all the islands I got bounties on.
Also, should I keep buying wanted posters for bounties early on? Or just go trough the whole dream-log first and then worry about wanted posters?

You have to S rank them all to get a coin which some characters use for level limit breaking, including Luffy. S ranks for bounties are pretty easy once you get into a rhythm for it; focus on getting the necessary amount of kills before heading to the final boss by continually going after territories or get close to the amount and then finish them in the last area where the boss is.

What you want to do with bounties is up to you. The main appeal of them are bounty exclusive coins; if you don't care about getting all coins or level limit breaking past a certain character(s) you don't have to fret it.

I'm not sure I can grind out 2k kills in 10 minutes AND kill the bosses.
But thanks, I'll replay the islands that didn't get S rank then. Right now I'm playing Tashigi and I'm having a blast with her. Specially that attack that sends out a "wave" that damages enemies.

After playing dream log with her, going back to luffys moveset in the story mode feels kinda underwhelming. (btw, seems like 100% the story mode is what's gonna annoy me the most, seeing how it often requires to just play the same mission multiple times as different characters)

Koei is notoriously cheap and loves to cut corners. I don't know where you've been for the last 15 years.

Heck, the recycled the fucking Empires CAW options into the Toukiden character customization screen.

>Nu-Team Ninja
>Ruined Ninja Gaiden
Itagaki ruined it first with NG2
>Ruined DoA
DOA5 was the first good DOA game.
>Ruined Dissisdia
How? it's the same shit as the others only pretty for once.

found the itagaki dickrider.

Tashigi is fun though for me personally I tend to play a variety of characters in whatever Musou I play, it helps for lasting appeal.

For S rank bounties I'll give some advice. I focus on clearing territories efficiently while letting officers complete their objectives across the map because it means more territories spawn so they don't run out. I make sure to Kizuna Rush when taking territories if possible because it's both faster and gets you both the types of kills needed for S rank. I don't worry about the other bosses much though I generally will take them out at some point; the point being they aren't a priority unless they're on the verge of beating my partner. If you're still short kills you can go to the final boss and clean them up while avoiding the boss, since any territory they're in will spawn enemies indefinitely.

Yeah 100% for story mode is kind of tedious, the best you can do is try and get everything you can at once. Remember they all have a "beat on hard" requirement so you might want to do that the second time around or even the first. The first Marineford stage in particular is a grind regardless.

Not just Toukiden. Bladestorm and Samurai Warriors too. Koei has been recycling CAW hair and face parts as early as Dynasty Warriors 6.

Yeah I've already set it to hard before finishing the first chapter. Since it's not really much harder I didn't see the point in staying on normal. Might as well get that free percentage, right?

I wonder what DW9 Empires will be like

All it has to be is what 9 looks like but with randomized officers and battles and more customization and it's golden

I'll finally be able to save Xiahouji from her evil husband and make her my cute wife instead.

>Ruined Ninja Gaiden
Granted, nothing lives up to the first two Black titles
>Ruined DoA
DoA5 is a better game than any DoA before it, especially after cookie man botched 4 so badly. People just hate on it because it has 500 dollars worth of cosmetic DLC.
>Ruined Dissisdia
Nothing of value was lost.

How easily you forgot Nioh aka the best action game of the last years.

>dickriding cookieface

Is there any reason not to play Yuan Shao? He has the largest army and resources of any lord. His biggest weakness was his hesitation and indecision, but that goes away since in almost any game almost any character controlled by the player becomes a hyper-attentive weapon of destruction. All of Yuan Shao's faults disappear the moment the player even touches him which leaves only his many advantages, which makes him objectively superior to any other possible option.

because yuan shao is GAY af