/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/
↳A limited edition Rathalos PS4 Pro has been announced for sale outside of Japan. Check your local retailer for more details.
↳Weapon Movesets: pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

not monhun

triggered

What a shitty opening image.

how op is chargeblade
also how did sns get nerfed

ugly ass k-thot

This is not monhun

OCE/SEA based squad currently recruiting at

>kYRHdcCxQM8

anyone can join if they want though

where da xboners at

Bard Catbro going to town on that drum.

im saying that i can't make or join any for some reason you dumb nigger

all options are greyed out

Can your own cat learn to do that?

Don't stay up too late hunting monsters, okay?

where are the wyvern eggs for delivery quest in ancient forest? I can't find them

>Legiana
More like fucking cancer

At the very top of the tree where Rathian/Rathalos hang out. You might as well kill whichever is there to make it easier to carry

>mfw I wanna main LBG but the weapon solo is utterly useless and is only half decent in co-op

Capcom you pieces of shit.

How many camps are there in every world?
Or does it vary

It literally tells you on the map.

Val Hazaak refuses to give me his gay ass gem. Feels like that FU Rathalos Mantle all over again, never could get that damn thing

Has anyone messed around with custom dishes at the canteen yet? Any good ones?

it does?

Why do so many people miss this quest? How do you trigger it? I didn't even notice

I thought CB would be my go-to since I used it a lot in the beta, but I got bored of it super quick and switched to hammer instead

Boy or Girl who has better looking armor in World?

>still in low rank because I want to make every weapon before going HR

Where's my GL bro at?
gunlance in world is so satisfying

I sure hope so.

Does Rabodaan Oilshell also drop on HR or just LR? I don't have him on HR to check yet

why?

It only tells you if you've been to them before, I think.

Very top of the map

have to do the capture the odogaron quest

basically keep going down the capture questline for researchers

Did you give your huntress the Laura haircut, /mhg/?

Remember you can sort out the icons on your map according to gathering points, small monsters, NPCs, etc. Helps to look for that specific item very easily

I think so. Played with some random jap and his cat was jumping in a drum every time

Anyone else having trouble connecting to online sessions? I keep getting errors but I can join SOS flares fine

Psst..right here...keep your voice down, I dont wanna my Hammerfu hear me. But yea Gl is pretty awesome user.

I almost have to put myself in the way of Radobaan to get hit. I feel like his hitbox on his roll is way too small

She's sexy.

>no previous thread
>image has nothing to do with monster hunter

what happened?

So whats the consensus on Gunlance.

I want to go with a third fun weapon. IG or GS?

autism

I wanted it when I first saw the NPC and I was happy to see it was free DLC, but I just don't like it on my hunter. The team leader hair works better even on females to me

Pretty sure it's part of the horn gadget. If you level it up enough he'll occasionally do the drums, like how if you level up the Flashfly Cage he'll occassionally throw down a shock trap.

Started tonight due to work, I made gajau boots and kesto gloves, are these the only "one off" pieces of armor at this stage? I kinda like em, would be cool to have the "set" of one off armor pieces

>trying to grind trex gear
>constantly get to where its limping
>randos keep dying and the quest ends

STOP

JUST FUCKING STOP

do i need that stupid fuckin ps+ shit to play online or no? i might just wait for the pc version

GS is snooze. baguette stick is fun as fuck, especially with a blast bug

Yes.

What IGs should I make then? I'm up to the corpse dog.

Thanks friend, hadn't thought about that.

there is litreally a single track in the forest for the elder dragon I just spent like an hour looking for. This is stupid.

you do need ps+

literally the manliest weapon ever exist in the history of mankind

End screens.
Now in HD.

Kulu is a good line. gives your bug more speed making collection easier.

>fresh ingredients: 6/6

what are the eggs under? gathering tab? I can't find it

Is it three carts for your whole squad in multiplayer? I've literally only played MH solo, but that sounds """fun"""" if you're running with a shitter squad.

When do you get more Palico gadgets? Also is there anything specific I should take care of before my first Anjanath fight?

Alright, thank you fellow french countryman.

>Is it three carts for your whole squad in multiplayer

yes, and each time, its the fucking host using up all of them

wish i had friends to play this shit with desu

Some of the investigations for good bonus rewards have 1 faint = mission failed, 95% of missions are 3 faints though

I'm barely at HR 8, did we get any new bugs in World?

This is the most fun I've had playing a MonHun.

The changes are all fantastic.

My cat does dish out those healing balloons very frequently but asides from that this game is fucking fantastic.

It's gathering. The eggs are at the top level (3 I think) but it might not show if you've never been up there.

nope, they just changed how they work. and added dust.

Wait what did they change about them?

How do I learn guard points?

Does Jump Master prevent you from getting hit during LS's helmbreaker?

Is there some sort of gimmick or advantage to Odogaron weapons later down the line, I have a bug stick I could upgrade into his tree but nothing about it seems better.

healing balloons are pretty meh compared to mini hunting horn or extra carve cat gadgets

Yeah I almost want to take my palico off for more of a challenge, but I want those extra carves. They need to tone down the frequency of his gadgets and lessen the aggro because the monsters seem to focus him a lot.

It's a stark contrast to 4U where I basically don't even remember them being there.

Cats are OP as fuck in general. Either leave him at home or pick a different gadget for him. You get them from finding the Grimalkynes in each area.

Farm it in an expedition retard

>322 raw 150 thunder
>253 raw 420 thunder

What does more damage? How is elemental damage calculated?

When do we get the extra gadgets? I'm kind of tired of the vigorwasp.

you no longer fuck with the bugs stats directly, every bug has set stats.

Any west coast /mhg/ squads?

where the fuck do I find the palicoes that teach my cat to ride monsters??

>video game journalists are unironically better at MH than all of the casuals trashing the game for being too "difficult"
What the fuck happened?

What weapon?

Do you get an arena quest for each monster you capture or are they like scripted things

>extra carve cat gadgets

I'll switch mine to that as soon as I can.
Vigorwasp does sort of trivialize healing even more than the other changes and it bothers me, but I am casual enough to just take extra materials.

>Double Tempered Bazelgues hunt

Wish me luck, lads.

Whats the best early HR armor set for damage? Using a HBG btw

>You get them from finding the Grimalkynes in each area.
I've done three areas so far and only ancient forest has had them. Am I missing something? Or do I need to specifically go into them during expedition to find the shit, cause I've only done that for forest.

Is it rude to capture a monster during an online hunt?

I always feel like I'm cucking everyone else out of the kill.

4k HD textures with specular maps and sweat tech when?

I just made mine a sort-of ugly weeb looking girl because it sort of looked like the preset I used before.

Seeing actually cute girls makes me want a cute hunter though.

Am I stuck with the 1st upgrade to my bowgun for the pukei fight or can I find the mystery shit somewhere?

Where in Wildspire Wastes can I capture the fucking Protectors? Fuck these assholes.

i think it's scripted because there are monsters i have captured that i don't have arenas for and i think monsters that i haven't captured before, but do have arenas for

I mean, unless its a capture mission you really have no reason to capture it online unless everyone is on board. If you wanna capture for materials just tell them or do it on your own.

IT AINT ME

no, you get more rare rewards, so im fine with it

Nargacuga is dead. Long live odogaron.