/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Handler a CUTE! edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/
↳A limited edition Rathalos PS4 Pro has been announced for sale outside of Japan. Check your local retailer for more details.
↳Weapon Movesets: pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP (embed) (embed) (embed)

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh (embed) (embed) (embed)
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

old

who highrank here?

Some of the quest descriptions are full retard. The chief ecologist wants to make backscratchers out of Odo claws? WHY

Just reached it but that's far ahead from my squad
So i started another DOOD, this one a gunner

Fourth for MHW is a great entry in the series

hey mhg, gl/sa/lbg/hbg/something new?

>Pretend to be salty veteran last thread
>People defending QoL changes in World I love
Nice

>26 Anja plates
>no gems

MHW is my favourite in the franchise

How do I into longsword?

Hunting Horn has always been my weapon of choice, but I can't stop playing Bow in World

Why does the quest handler have red eyes? Area around her eyes is very red and tired looking. Also when looking at her sitting at the table she eats chicken legs and apples sometimes with both hands. Sometimes she makes funny sounds.

Looks like my sister
That's not a good thing

You guys still keep 4U around? Would anyone be willing to help me kill some HR Silver Raths? Its very not fun solo.

Anyone who says otherwise is averse to change, likely due to autism.

You failed. Too blue eyes, too big jaw... Mouth is also way too high to be realistic and eyes too far apart. Sucks but you can always start over I guess.

Overall it's my favorite since World's lance is just a buffed version of Tri's lance. Tri still has my favorite online system though.

So is Slugger worth anything in this game or is it still a meme?

>tfw will have to go to uni class now

So is there a transmog function for normal armors?

>Want to play Lance
>Monsters are too fast for me
>Bounce off everything
>Do barely any damage
How do I into lance?

Are there any hunting horns that songs do damage? That's all I want

Just do it bruh

Shit, now that I think about it those claws would make great backscratchers. Normal scratching with one set, but if you really need to get it in there press down a bit and have that second set come down for extra scratching.

Whats the bezelbub flying fortress napalm things HR set look like?

Holy hell that is sickening.

>tfw have to spend ~50 hours this week at a job I hate and will be too exhausted to play MHW in the evenings until the weekend

No but recital actually does damage if you hit the monster with it, and the subsequent shockwave

Can you not view your monster materials in your item box anymore besides navigating to the "sell" screen? Seems like a stupid thing to do.

The custom appearances can be changed in your room at the item box. However these are only purchased with real money of course. Capcom is clever jew.

How important is elderseal? Is it worth using on monsters like Kirin and Nergi even though the weapons have a lot lower damage?

>tfw work from home, finish my work early, and then just play games all day next to work computer..

pearfect.

That same feel but 60 hours

How do we fix /mhg/?

>50 hours
>60 hours

What the fuck are you from North Korea

post IDs and block crossposters.

whats your playtime bros?

Im at 15 hours now

Try to get used to countering and power guard>counter between your combos when you see monsters about to attack. Guard advance is also occasionally useful.

The sharpness is especially shit in the beginning though.

Rate my waifu.

The swing during the recital does damage as always, and in World they added sonic shockwaves to each swing causing them to do double the damage.
You should be doing damage by bashing monster's faces in with your horn; the songs are just an added bonus.

10 hours, waiting for PC mostly so I don't have to share PS4 with my wife.

35 hours or so. I'd post my card but I got into HR yesterday and I'm in a mishmash of shit so I dont look pretty

ayy

>Can't be on the same squad as my first character
Ah fuck shit i can't just play HBG with randoms
If i could at least transfer admin rights to someone i could but Capcom thought nah a single guy can manage 50 people

What kind of armor set you have, please list everything because I want to learn.

What's the fastest way to research the ??? rathian?

12 hours. I got the game yesterday, but I spent 2-3 hours just fucking around in Arena quests.

23 hours. And it's going to stay that way until next weekend. I wish I could be back in high school with zero responsibilities and nothing better to do than books and vidya.

Any advice for CB?
I can deal fuckloads of damage, but I seem to take a lot of stupid damage, any tips on that regard?

>Never played LS because weeb memes
>Try it out in training room
>Do helm spitter
>Cum
Fuck I'm going LS lads

the range on nergigante when he shoots his spikes forward is fucking bullshit

20+ hours, lot of idling though. Only at HR5, been doing this and that and not really progressing. I miss the old quest list though.

>That massive dip in texture quality between the face and the rest of the body

Make use of guard points and the sliding slash to pre-emptively evade stuff.

The key is to have a normal job and no kids. Jesus, I feel so fucking bad for my friends not living the DINK life.

Never have kids anons.

Does the slide have iframes or is it more of a 'get out of the way' thing?
Also, I dunno how to use guard points, I only know they're exist, and that's all

so how is pink rathian different from regular? looks the same to me

Gee i wonder who's behind that post

backflip is harder to dodge, fireballs are worse iirc

It's more of a get out of the way thing

I love how other people can see you getting a plate thanks to the unique animation. Makes it all the more satisfying to get one.

Combining village and gathering hall into one half-assed thing was the worst design choice ever made. Aside from that the game's cool enough though

Roaring is as annoying for GS as I remember it being

>Hit mon in weak point
>Charge second charged attack
>Roar
>lose combo

Ree, I'm not clownsuiting LR just for fuckin roar cancel

It's cuter

It really is. I just wish the online aspect felt more intuitive. No one ever wants to hang out at the gathering hub.

Other than that, loving the shit out of it. I can't wait to see what monsters get added after Deviljho.

this is 100% true

What happened to the temporary earplugs in 4u? I thought they would incorporate something to mhworld as well?

>>MONSTER HUNTER GENERAL B TEAM IS RECRUITING

One of the mantles has earplugs

Who here /SnS/?

Does guard point work the same way it did in 4U? BEcause if so I can just look up a guide

why do some posts need captcha shit and some don't, what jew scheme is nipmoot into now

some helmets have the bonus

Are vigorwasps overpowered?

>Love Odogaron
>Favorite weapons are Hammer and GL
>Odo doesn't seem to have weapons for them
Haha I'm not upset

All I did was capture a Rathalos during an exhibition.

Is this warranted?
How fucked am I later because of this.

yeah pretty much

No
My cat is so proficient with the wasps i haven't used a potion in a while

Congratulations, now you won't see rare drops again

YOU ARE DOOMED

*YOU ARE MODERATELY INCONVENIENCED

She's beautiful, I only dream of her. Besides than being the cutest she also flies more and is ferocious. Green Rathian waifu is very tame compared to my true love, the Pink Rathian. I wish I could hug her right now. This is important.

thanks bruv

Tackle cancel through the roar dummy

What's even the point of squads?

WHAT

what materials do i need to upgrade heavy shooter 1, i have sturdy bone ans monster bone l but i dont know what the other one is

You need buttstick.

Fuck, and I thought me getting 4 plates was impressive

It’s been over over an hour and I can’t ‘Find a First Wyvern’ in the ancient forest. Please help me or tell me where it is

>LR Tzitzi chest
>high rank bone coil
>LR Kadachi hat
>LR Kadachi coil
>HR kulu gloves
I'm a reaaaaaaaaaaal fucking mess.

When you connect instead of being offline or put with a bunch of random shitters you're put in a squad lobby where you can find 50 bros with which you'll play regularly
I think it's a pretty cool system actually, and it fits the general perfectly

Pay attention to the footprints on the ground, especially outside the first camp.

?

>you CAN customize Beta armor colors to whatever

>failed to join session beacause it is full

You're all in the wrong thread.
Migrate to