Alright fellas who here is getting in on this next ICO?

Brave as a Token.
Founder is the Maker of Javascript, co-founder of Firefox.
Team has extensive experience in business and advertisements, and privacy. All worked with big Fortune 500 companies.

>Cap is 15M worth of ETH
If you want to double your money easy, this might be the way to do it.
Last good ICO I bought in was RLC and it's up over 3x the ICO price.
BAT has more hype, and has more experience and reputable people behind it.

I'm going all in. Putting all my 364 ETH in it, and going to see if I can net a 50-200% profit and re-buy all my ETH and hold for a year or so and buy a lambo and a house if ETH reaches 25B market cap.
>Who's with me

ooo shit i'm actually using the Brave browser now. mite b cool

Just downloaded it myself.
Looks fucking epic already

>no timeframe
Why do they do this? Do they want the hype to die prematurely?

Scamcoin

Why does a browser need its own currency?

Why doesn't it just use an existing currency?

>to raise a lot of money from gullible retards

>asking people to dopt a new freakign browser
>think they can compete with firefox and chrome

HAHAHAAHHAHA
I started with 200$ and now have over 30k and after reading the whitepaper, checking out the browser and reading about the team this project is very risky. Not gonna invest.
They also didnt announce the ico date.
Might be in 6 months..If you wanna run on the fomo wave you can try but im out.

What is this? What does it do? Why would I invest in it?

If you read the white paper can you answer my post about why they need their own currency?

Genuinely curious

Everyone and their mother adds a "nessecary" coin to their project now since its a very easy and simple way of getting money..
Its a simple as that. They see how projects like gnosis iexec gnosis gather tnes of millions in under an hour and want some of that sweet sweet $.

Golem*
Now that doesnt nessecarily mean the project is garbage of course.
And shit, we as investors dont even really care if the project is good or not we just care if we can make some short term money form it that will be higher than simply holding it in eth or BTC or some other coin.
I dont think this project will do that which is why im out unless something major changes.

Pretty much what I assumed

Cheers user

So this is just a web browser with a coin attached?
Doesn't that mean you have to pay to use it?

What does this coin do?

From what I gather:
>browser is ad free at the moment
>when coin gets launched there will be ads by default on the browser
>you can turn the ads off all together with it's built in adblock
>only type of advertisement will be through node
>ad revenue is paid through BATcoin
>you get coins for viewing ads
>you tip the publishers that do ads right
This means that ads you'd currently block on youtube, google, facebook etc, will all still be blocked. Meaning advertisement will be diversified, and publishers don't need to go through facebook/google to get ad views.
If you wish, you can enable/disable ads through the browser and you get paid a small amount each time you view one.

Because it is trying to create an ecosystem around decentralized advertising.
If you read the white paper and understand it fully, then you'll see the numerous amounts of things that it is able to solve. From saving money, making your internet faster, blocking data tracking, and many more like allowing the publishers of ads to generate more revenue and users to be paid for focusing on such ads as well.

Of course it's a bit of a long shot but that's the entire purpose. they already have a browser set up. they already have a foundation. Now all they need to do is create the token, and get adoption.

Finally someone who understands the basics of it

>but it's just a fucking scam

Oh.
That's actually a cool idea. I don't know if I'd buy into the ICO, but I do hope it's successful.

Where does profit for investors come from though? How tightly controlled is inflation? Kind of sounds like HMQ in that it's a novel and potentially revolutionary application of blockchain technology but not a coin worth buying.

That sounds like something that, in theory, would be really cool... But where wide spread adoption is next to impossible. Especially when competing with chrome and mozilla.

The guy who created mozilla is the guy who created this lol

LOL browser with ads

JUST

As far as I know, it's the only browser with built in ad blocking.
And it's not a garage company like Adblock, these are the guys that made Java lol.

Just wish they would stop playing around and give us a date.

Yeah but that doesn't mean it's going to be a success. Just like how McAfee created the first real anti-virus, became a billionaire, but is now a failure who will never do anything of worth again.

That doesn't mean they aren't competing with Firefox.
Though if they manage to put out a quality browser with no memory leaks they might have a shot.