/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

Canada edition

TO NEWFRIENDS: DO NOT BUY THE "STARTER EDITION"!

>/r6g/ FAQ, Guide, and Links
[New site under construction]
physixcat.github.io/r6gfaq/
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw
r6maps.com

>Official News
Operation White Noise is live
60Hz servers are live
4.2 mid-season reinforcements patch notes are live:
rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/news/152-317056-16/operation-white-noise-mid-season-reinforcements

>Teamspeak for /r6g/ operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations
IP address: 159.203.29.41:9988

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Gallery
r6gdrawfriends.booru.org

>Stat Checking
r6db.com/
r6stats.com/
game-rainbow6.ubi.com/en-us//player-statistics//multiplayer

Read the thread:

Blitzfags on suicide watch.

Not really were still winnin rounds.

montyfags are even worse
crown jewel of the boosted shitter

How to fix Tachanka:
>Make picking up LMG faster.
>Give him an extra deployabe shield
>LMG penetrates shield attackers' glass pane

Not after they rightfully fuck his shit up.

xth for remove shields or let nitro/impacts k.o them

Are they nerfing him? Ide like to read the patchnotes though the only real nerf I can think of his nerfind pistols. Shockingly thats what is actually OP about him.

He'd still be shit but I support fucking shield ops even if it's just memes.

Guys I'm playing like shit tonight how do I improve?

*blocks your path*
Where do you think you're going, bydło?

"SUPPOSEDLY" there's a bigger balance patch after invitationals to make up for the weak midseason one.

just have it punch through the whole shield
>put an end to monte/blitz faggotry on bomb/secure area
feels good

>/r6g/ isnt sucking shieldshitter dick anymore
what changed?
this used to be hugbox for crutch users.

Outside of taking away his ability to sprint with his shield up shouldnt all shield users loggicly do that? I mean really. What can they do to nerf him pretty much all my kills are pre lined up headshots or melees.

Ela finally broke people into being fed up with horse shit operators.

Your tears fuel me

probably ubisoft or their favorite youtuber told them shields are shitter crutches. This place is basically reddit.

where'd you hear that, the mid season stream before?

>there are "people" in this general that have problems with shieldops
What the fuck they are literally free kills if you're 3 speed
ESPECIALLY Monty

Shield users can't hipfire anymore.
You can shoot out the window on the smaller shields.

You'd be surprise.
Chanka's a slightly worse kapkan, and kap's pretty good.

Just the glass is fine. It's not like shields can just dodge.

yeah because their team is definitely not near them and wont punish you if you even try to touch their boosted door-blocker babby

As a blitz main come at me bro I think the main issue is you feel cheated if your killed by one.
I think a more actually useful nerf would be they take way way more explosive damage.

Realistically the shield should just kill them when they get hit by nitro. You're probably more likely to survive not having a giant sheet of metal attached to your arm.

>mad about getting outplayed

>that one (1) shieldshitter desperately trying to defend his crutch replying to every post
im getting "just flank or C4 xD" meme vibes

>they take way way more explosive damage.
this. so fucking tired of chucking a c4 1m away from a shieldnigger and them surviving with no problems because they have all the time in the world to reposition face the explosion

first for monty

Just make sure your team always has 3 C4s at the ready in case they might have a blitz. totally balanced.

Its kinda weird to ive had c4 hit me and I take 2 damage other times I mite be 10 feet away at full health and it insta kills me. I wouldn't mind c4 insta killing at close range since at least it would be more consistent. Also it would make c4 under a window or something as effective as a wall.

no it's just "just flank xD" because these faggots are almost completely immune to c4

>replying to yourself
Man you guys are going to be upset when you see the new Russian operator

>s-samefag
the delusional shieldshitter, everyone

LMAO YEARS past and you are still mad about shields
fucking cooper man
i am glad ubisoft are listening to US shield players and i know they arent going to nerf them , only buff
keep crying you irrevelant nobodies

Stream your suicide after the nerf please

>stop soloqueueing and start teaming up with a friend
>coordinate some insane plays where we kill the entire team by ourselves after the rest of the shitters on our side die
>he actually listens to my calls and capitalizes on them
>haven't lost a ranked match since
I urge everyone here to stop soloqueueing, it's fucking cancer. Just one person you can trust is all you need to win.

I have kixtism

well the nerfing of shields and buffing of ela be the last nail in the coffin for the incels?
will they suicide en masse once they cant survive more than half a second after ela appears on their screen?

They're both getting nerfed you delusional weeb.

on a side note, when's the next season? I want to get into plat before then.

Early march I think.

Smarch 32nd

What if Ying got Lesion's SMG?

plenty of time then, awesome

What if Lesion got the LMG?

>buffing
>Ela
Hahaha

post your shield MAIN

>Blitz the guy you cant shoot from the direct front should be nerfed
>Ela the drum mage 3 speed with a gadget that screws with your mouse sensitivity and pro flashes you should be buffed
What the fuck.

i want to sniff IQ's smelly toes!

there wont be any nerfing
and if there is then it will be so irrevelant just so you babies will shutup about it
not shields

It'd still be a bad gun.

Why do I only see the same small handful of shieldfag webms? Is it the same guy?

>operator who cant be headshot is ok
>operator you can headshot isnt ok
lmao what

Not only do I think LMGs are better than SMGs in-game, I think they would be even more valuable for defenders.
One of my favorite games ever was when I was P90 Doc along with a P90 Rook on Plane 2 v 4ing, and attackers stalled so long when they started pushing with 30 seconds left we just took turns off hosing down the cabin

I'd take literally any SMG over literally any LMG. Especially a good SMG over an awful one like the HK one.

its 1 (one) autistic shitter that finally made it to low gold after his crutch was buffed.

I've only seen one other person dump shield webms, and I don't actually main shields I just spent a couple hours making webms out of a couple hours of shield gameplay

As the main guy thats been talking about this im not the only one and im plat and have been since before his buff.

On defense?

>fans primarily upset that long term dedication has never really been recognized for players
>even OP Health didn't give anyone the Doc helmet unless you were already a season pass holder
>People that could have been here for months and years see new players getting 10 more loot boxes than they do
>Season Pass holders get fuck all
>Players, to the surprise of literally nobody, completely outraged

>Ubisoft offers remedy to this by giving every single person in the game who plays from now until march a free Elite skin
>thinks this solves the problem

Is Ubisofts marketing department filled with actual retarded apes???

Yes, which is why most people pick the MP5 over the P90 (though the P90 is still and SMG.) Just having a big magazine isn't as important as other stats on a gun. For example the SMG-11 is better than the P90 despite having almost a third the mag size. Also why the mag nerf to Ela's gun did nothing.

There's much better ways of doing area denial than spraying bullets.

its simple, and a lot of games end up like this
they really want to attract more and more new players, so they don't really care about veterans anymore, and don't want to leave newer players out of this. A lot of people came in with the winter sale and theres going to be another steam sale soon-ish, so they want to entice people to come and play.

I'm saying it has it's uses, and a defender that could just hose down an entryway for 20 seconds would be pretty useful

>don't really care about your long term players
>when those are the ones most likely to spend money since they continue to enjoy the game
>when losing those players means longer matchmaking times
>means less customers to potentially sell shit to
>and less people keeping the steam charts numbers high, encouraging more people to check it out

If that is genuinely their attitude they are even more retarded.

Think about the RPM you'd need to shoot 50 bullets over 20 seconds user.

50? Who said anything about 50? Ela's LMG has 150 rounds

And their ability could be Rook style deployable that doubles all ammo reserves, so their team can just hose down anything that looks funny

Think of how slow a gun would need to shoot to shoot for 20 seconds straight user.

games don't care about long term players nearly as much as it gets popular, they care more about getting new players in. Especially in a game like this, where the biggest purchases are going to be the game+season passes. And as you can see, it works out, because the game went from 60-70k peak players in august, to 100k+ now. And theres going to be a ton more, especially when the new season starts with that outbreak shit, which they're probably going to have a sale for, and people will be spending a good bit of money on those outbreak packs.

>lmao nobody cares about churn rates

Intro to Business 101 would disagree with Ubisoft if this is their view

So.... The Para?

its not just their view, its how p much every game operates when it comes to marketing, not to mention very few long time players are going to leave because they don't get as many cosmetic packs as someone else desu

I have much more of a problem with cash only random lootboxes than a policy of throwing stupid shit at new players.
I've been in since the beta and I don't expect free shit thrown my way.

Lets do some simple math. Let'ss say a gun has 60 bullets per mag. You'd need a rate of fire of 180 or less to shoot for 20 seconds straight. The Para is more than 3.5x faster than that.

she's perfectly fine now, might even be getting nerfed, they may remove one of her flashes or get rid of her smokes

Interestingly not all games care about new players. I recently tried to play WoW for the first time and after playing to 20 and talking to some people its very very very clear the Blizzard cares infinity more about old players then new and have since at the very least cata and more likely since as early as liche king. Then again its an MMO that wants to retain players more then any other type of game.

>Let'ss say a gun has 60 bullets per mag
I already said 150.
The Para has a fire rate of 650. At 650 RPM, it would take between 15-20 seconds of continuous fire to use up a theoretical 150 round belt.

I don't disagree with the Ying/Glaz combo being cancer but that doesn't make her inherently good.

>An MMO that has had virtually everyone interested in that type of game subscribe to them at one point wants to cater to existing and former players
you don't say

>how p much every game operates when it comes to marketing
You are just wrong dude. Stop talking.

I don't think anyone necessarily expects free shit. Everyone realized after OP Health Ubisoft is being very stingy with the free-shit hand outs. I think it's just extra insulting that

>1) Players here for a long time get fuck all, whereas new players get nearly 1/4 of that exclusive Outbreak loot just by buying the game

>2) While the season pass didn't technically include anything outbreak related, the page announcing the Y3 Season Pass outright states the Outbreak event is part of Y3 - and since you bought a Season Pass for Year 3, seeing a huge money grab where you get 0 benefit for already having given Ubisoft 30 of your dollars is a bit of a giant fuck you.

People were predictably mad. I wouldn't be surprised if 10 years from now this (along with the BF2 shit) becomes textbook examples of how not to manage your community

People who have been playing since the release of alpha packs have easily gotten 10+ alpha packs already

So you want a gun that you don't care about accuracy but fires super slow and has a massive magazine on defense? Not only that but you think this would be a good operator?

It means she can't be made better

>remove her smokes
>give her a gun that isn't total trash

>You are just wrong dude. Stop talking.
okay, point to games that coddle veterans and don't care about getting new blood

Alpha Packs != Outbreak Packs

Try again.

outbreak packs can't be earned by playing

Yeah season pass should have gotten you more of the packs.
My thing is that the packs are inherently fucked.
What happens if there was something in a pack that you really liked and it was for your favorite operator? You can't buy it. You have to keep buying packs until you get lucky and get it. Better hope it isn't in pack #50

While I don't think her LMG is that bad, I do think an SMG would be pretty fun with her gadget

Kinda glad I don't understand why people care so much about cosmetics. You people are probably why it costs $120 to change the color of your knife in CSGO.

It's not like Lesion's SMG is amazing or anything either. It's accurate enough but has low damage and average RPM. If Jackal can have a PDW I don't know why Ying can't have an SMG you can't even put an ACOG on.

>So you want a gun that you don't care about accuracy
I didn't say that.
>Not only that but you think this would be a good operator?
Good? Yeah.
All I'm saying is you can put any LMG on defense and it would be a competitive if not superior pick to any of the non-meta defender weapons

its because everyone wants to be a special snowflake, no matter how much they say they dont want to be

So you want a 150 mag LMG on defense with good accuracy?

to tickle IQ's cute feet!
want to come along?

I mean, I like cosmetics alright. I even bought a couple elite skins. But people getting upset about the outbreak packs goes right over my head.