/vn/ - Yotsuba Edition

Visual Novel General #1836

READ THE FOLLOWING, THIS IS IMPORTANT
>Having trouble with your VN? Try the following before you ask for tech support:
1. Be in Japanese locale
2. Read the Readme
3. Read the wiki below
4. Google it

>FAQs, Recommendations, and Other Useful Things:
visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/

>Need a novel with a specific element?
vndb.org/g

>Download Links:
pastebin.com/CrzJ4Xrd/ (embed)

Previous thread:
This general is for the discussion of English-translated Japanese visual novels.
All posting of untranslated visual novels belongs on E-celeb shitposting is not allowed.
Kindly use spoiler tags appropriately when discussing plot spoilers to facilitate smooth discussion.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=da1fe_0Kt_8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I want to marry Mitcher!

I miss Suzu.

I want to marry Medusa!

Subahibi

I want to plow JB

Is hoshimemo's fan TL really worse than the sekai one?

;_;

It was a literal machine translation of the chinese translation with basically zero editing and is rife with serious translation mistakes. That said, it was back in an era when we would get maybe one visual novel translated every couple of months and /vn/ was basically a book club for whatever that was. It's hard to believe that Hoshimemo was basically everything we talked about for a literal month. You basically either had to read the vn or just leave the thread until something new came out

I thought I was the only autist who edited SMBC comics to shitpost about visual novels. It's a rather specific quirk.

Nope.

It's the only the first half of the route which most people hate.

Will someone ever translate it properly? If both versions are that bad I don't even want to touch it.

If SP dies, would it be better or worse for VN readers?

I love Kings
especially Arthur (with armor)!

Gotcha. I'll probably give it a run through since my options for things to read are limited right now. Thanks, user.

I don't remember Hoshimemo's translating being poor, I just remember it being a meme, with the whole dolphin patch, and the "Mom loved Chinami's Dad's cock" edit.

>zero escape

>/vn/ - kys Edition
Sorry your OP didn't work out, user.

>it was back in an era when we would get maybe one visual novel translated every couple of months and /vn/ was basically a book club for whatever that was.
It's not like the current /vn/ is in a significantly better position. Look at how much people talked about Chrono Clock and Hatsukoi despite how subpar they were. /vn/ is starved for content.

ChronoClock was cute!

I don't know what version these other fags were reading but the only issues with hoshimemo I remember were chav localization and not translating the word "musicbox"

>dolphin patch
It's ironic how Sekai Project's edition is more loli-friendly than the fanTL.

better, nekopara will go solo and we wouldn't have to deal with SP's shit anymore while MG and JAST rises

why is mitcher so perfect, lads

what's the original

Well they both had meme potential, so there's that. Also CC has Cro.

Chrono Clock is good aside from the meme translation

>hatsukoi
>subpar
but that was our VNOTY 2017

Cro makes up for 78% of CC.

did /vn/ even exist back when that was released

how long has Veeky Forums been around for anyways, I want to say 2012 but my Veeky Forums timeline is really wack compared to my real life timeline

Something like "Arts degree"

I love this.

Because even though she gets bullied almost 24/7, shoulders a lot of sadness, and even another personality, she still has the energy and cuteness to bring a smile across my face. She is perfect.

heyyy that's a pretty good joke

both your image and the original

I hope Sol Press will be good and will learn from Sekai's failures.

I love her so much

Mitcher has the cutest visual design in Grisaia (and honestly, a lot of VNs) but everything about her personality kills my heart boner. It's sad.

I can't bring myself to do the mitcher bad end

I rarely read bad ends in any VN.

Only one I did it for was Majikoi S to get the Koyuki """"route""""

Me too. I don't want to see her have any more misfortune.

why?
it makes good endings better

>I hope Sol Press will be good
Get ready for disappointment

Despite that it was still readable. It was on average worse than Sekai's translation, but didn't have any moments as bad as the worst of Sekais TL

Those are gag ends though, no waifus die or become completely mindbroken, preggo assasins.

The Grisaia choices a pretty bullshit anyway, if you don't have a guide you may as well flip a coin to see which end you get.

That's really cute actually.

I didn't do any of the Grisaia bad ends, the regular routes were sad enough for me

>ready for disappointment
Well, we'll find out with Sakura Sakura in March or so, right?

Besides simply not wanting to see things turn out badly, once a story is over I just consider it over. I generally don't read fan discs or shit like that either. I have no interest. There can be exceptions of course.

I wouldn't say that but the choice in Sachi's route was really weird

I had no idea which one the game wanted me to do in Sachi's route. That might be because of the translation though. "Kill yourself" or "Kill her". How am I supposed to know which is better?

Michiru is an angel

>Window is way too small
>Try to make it larger
>The options aren't translated
>None of the buttons do anything
Thanks Sekai.

Michiru has weird branch too, for someone who had fed up with bad ends, but only naive fucks wouldn't see the obvious choice from the other 3 branches.

>you will never find someone that loves you like Mitcher loves the Juice man
f-fuck...

Personally, I've always been out of touch. Bad taste in general. Can't bring myself to go through the Berserk series, but I'll see some general horror or mindfuck anime/game and spend six months just focusing on that.

I'm digging VNs though. After DDLC I thought I'd go into horror VNs from earlier in time. Higurashi is generally confusing, decided to start taking notes as I skim back through episode 1 before I finish episode 2.

Anyone else who's been that way since Higurashi got a steam release and VN deconstructions/horror games have gotten slightly more popular due to DDLC?

>she kept the rocks Yuuji gave her on their date
That's so sweet and cute that it made my heart race a bit remembering it. Michiru is something else.

>Personally, I've always been out of touch. Bad taste in general
Hello Trip

try Saya no Uta

I love her so much

why is it that such a stupid and sometimes poorly written character inspires such feelings in me

Play Wonderful Everyday (Subahibi) when you get a chance. Should be right up your alley.

Problem children are all the cuter.

Have you even been more invested in a side character than one of heroines? I was thinking about making a 3x3 and Yuuhi from Koirizo came to mind. I hope the fandisk gets translated one of these days.

>$30 for a visual novel

Jesus christ I wouldn't pay that much for the full Higurashi series I already know I like, let alone a VN I know even less about

If the individual routes aren't canon, how come Yuuji was still went on dates with Michiru?
Honestly Grisaia should of been left as a stand alone charage rather than trying to shoe horn in some 'true route' which just devolves into retarded chuuni bullshit

>ywn experience Mitcher's route for the first time again
The ending was so sweet, the song made me so happy
youtube.com/watch?v=da1fe_0Kt_8

Because bad writing and intelligence mean very little when you get a girl as adorable and loving as Michiru.

>Reading Die Morgendammerung
>Rusalka

This one should have been in the main story

>Buying vns

>Have you even been more invested in a side character than one of heroines?

AZUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

THIS FAG BUYS VNS

No seriously guys why the fuck is it so small?

TRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP

>f the individual routes aren't canon,

They are though, Meikyuu./Rakuen are like some biazrre combination of all the routes

What is it about her that makes me love her so much

I mean I know the answer but i sitll feelthe need to ask

It's one of the greatest VNs ever made and certainly the best horror or denpa VN. If you don't want to play it it's your loss. That's actually a good price for it given how long it is.

It feels bad man. I might have to reread her route now though. Anons have been posting her cute side so much that I think I need to see her again.

Hey man, never said I DO buy VNs, but if I wanted to support the devs financially I would. I'm just gonna get them on erogedownload.

>paying money for visual novels

Just use nyaa, what are you doing

I mean...Dark Souls is my all-time favorite game in terms of atmosphere and it's given me 1200 hours of play. And that wasn't even 20 bucks for me.

Dovac would be disappointed of you

>biazrre combination of all the routes
Exactly,but this isn't feasibly possible.
Do you expect me to believe Yuuji was on the run with Yumiko, training with Makina, going on fake dates with Michiru, blowing up the school with Sachi AND fucking the guilt out of Amane all at the same time?

If you want something like that out of a visual novel you're being unrealistic. You wouldn't get that out of an ordinary novel either.

>They are though, Meikyuu./Rakuen are like some biazrre combination of all the routes

The Kajitsu anime is the prequel to Rakuen. In the anime he helps all 5 girls with their problems and the ends are very different from the VN which leads into Meikyuu VN/anime/future without a relationship

Truly an alpha
How does he do it lads?

If it makes you feel better, the anime shows that she can change between the two forms at will.

I feel the same way actually. Something about her makes me want to express my love for her. It's also always nice that other anons understand why I love her so dearly. I also appreciate your screenshots.

don't doubt yuuji desu

>does she not actually want to go back to the basketball club?

He cracked the case, ladies and gents.

Yuuji is so cute, I want him to take care of me and gently fuck me

Yuuma was simultaneosuly at his best and worst in Kyou's route
>just ignore her lol
Was a personal favourite of mine

>Exactly,but this isn't feasibly possible.
The anime adaptation makes an attempt to show this true route. It's pretty bad.

This. I mean, I don't mind if other people pirate, but I personally want to be able to financially support devs I like. That goes for music, videos, games, shows, etc. - I might get a demo via piracy but I usually just buy it.

It's more a principles thing. If I have the money and the choice, I'll go with paying. But then, even if the VN is sold online directly, there's also the aspect of price. I don't think I've ever paid more than $30 for any book, other than college textbooks. Hell, even music I listen to thousands of times before I stop loving them, I still wouldn't pay more than like, one dollar per 24 hours of listening.

Steep price for fiction. If it's something really enriching, maybe I will buy it...after I get situated into my navy program in a couple months though. Because right now I'm too broke to eat anything without sending myself teetering off the cliff of credit debt.

He learns how to cook but I'm pretty sure he suffered severe brain damage in that scooter accident. More severe than his normal brain damage.

He is pretty adorable

>I also appreciate your screenshots.

Thanks user

It's ok to buy VNs as long as they are not from Sekai Project

too bad the art is trash

imouto paradise is peak art

Yuuji is a pathetic crybaby who can only chase after girls just as broken as he as
Yuuma is the true chad protagonist.