/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Triple carted edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/
↳A limited edition Rathalos PS4 Pro has been announced for sale outside of Japan. Check your local retailer for more details.
↳Weapon movesets: pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread One cart Two cart Three cart

What do I need to build the full Girros sns tree?

How do fix /mhg/?

How do I fuck Fish Aficionado from behind?

What's the most aesthetic switch axe?

I like the weapon's mechanics but too many of them are either variations on Iron or "Iron/Bone, but we taped pieces of Jagras to it"

fucking new thread.

More huntresses

I want to _______ a kirin huntress!

Nigga all you need is raw hammer all these people needing special snowflake builds to be viable just bash shit lmao

Now that the dust has settled, what's the most fun weapon in worlds

Anyone know what you need to meld gems?

Has ANYONE used SOS and actually had ppl joining? I have completely given up on multiplayer at this point. If a core feature of a game doesnt work, do sony offer refunds?

??????

hold hands with

Run whichever one has impact phials.

How do I unlock my second gear slot? I want two mantles.

do you just RNG decorations?

Sword and Shield

Bone or Ore tree GS?

how many camps are in the coral highlands?

hunt

fire is the nigger of elements

Gunlance is the best weapon.
If you disagree, you are a fucking faggot.

Is it worth doing anything besides spamming the heavy combo on gunlance?

>you can't join someone doing a quest for the first time if it has a cutscene
So that would be only story missions.
>What's the point of having clans and shit if there is nothing no play but already completed quests?
Investigations and optional quests? They basically fulfill the same role as those other quests before. And you can still play story together, it's just implemented like shit. I

I want to try a weapon that I haven't used before. I basically stopped at MHF2. I touched Tri for like 5 hours, but that was it.

Between these three weapons, which should I pick up?

>Gunlance (They felt so shit in Freedom 2)
>Switch Axe
>Charge Blade

Does anyone know what the first material for the the second CB in the Zorah Magdaros tree is?

Alternatively, what's a good HR CB?

Just respond to sos and use sos yourself

have a cold one with

tail nibba

good for killing things and not much else?

Any HBG / LBG players in here? How do you find your weapons and which trees are the most enjoyable and why?

I tried both and it just seemed weak as fuck in mhw, bow is at least serviceable and i can still kill with it, though it does feel quite a bit weaker now compared to all the melee weapons

mating press
molest
hold down
smell the pantsu of
stare at the butt of
share a hot drink with

>want to play
>want to shitpost on /mhg/
>only 1 monitor and no tv

>uses an attempt of a nerg investigation by accidentally cancelling it in the town
what the fuck?

S H O C K W A V E

I have no idea.

Can that fucking nigger zorah stay away? His goddamn quest pops up all the time. NO GAME I DONT WANT TO WASTE 30 MONUTES ON A GLORIFIED QTE YOU DUMB YELLOW CUNTS!!!!!!!!!!!

>Stock chicken sound effect when mounted
>Don't give a fuck what you are, you're getting flashed
>Will stroll up to a full on brawl, razzle-dazzle everyone, and then strut away
>Their set is a sick jacket
Why are Tzitzi the fucking best?

gunlance feels so good in world, just try it bro

>gaudy
>more common than other elements
>fairly effective but definitely not the most effective
>black-powder-based weapons (GL, explosive ammos) have it by default
>strongly associated with dragons even though dragon is a separate thing
it's the han chinese of elements, m'dude

were you responding sos? could have been a latency issue with the guy hosting.

Best guess,

What is weapon affinity?

Hbg was completely OP so I changed to hammer. The bash stuns and the slicing shots absolutely wreck everything

>second monster interrupts fight
>get stunned for a year because they keep screeching at each other
>one of them stops and starts up a heavy attack
>other one roars again
>forced to eat the attack

yeah okay
monsters acknowledging each other was cool for a little while but now it's just a bother

fuck this game is perfect but since u can do quests from the hub no ones in guild halls ;(

why???

hosting pink rathian
come to guild hall I have yet to see 1 person there!
6mxmkPMWxATB

% chance to critical hit.

Critical hits are 25% more damage in this game, but there's an armour skill called critical boost that increases that to up to 40%.

for all my niggas who have been asking: monster hardbone comes as a reward from the pink rath quest

>my first kill was stabbing it on the first expedition
He makes for a nice belt.
When the fuck is earplugs?

>He doesn't shitpost on two computers, three phones and one laptop at the same time
You're not efficient enough for this

Someone give me a run down on Hunting Horn.

What's do you prefer /mhg/?
RNG decos, or RNG charms?

>Farming HR legi for its gear set.
>Got a couple parts crafted.
>Just need a handful of wings and three frost sacks.
>Capture legiana to get more shit.
>Get it to go to its nest ready to die.
>Go up to it.
>My trap.
>FUCK FUCK FUCK DIDNT BRING A FUCKING TRAP.
>Go back to camp.
>Restock trap.
>Run up to the updraft.
>Can't use it.
What the fuck is the brigh idea? You can only use the updraft if you don't already have the glider mantle equipped, even if its still useable. That's fucking retarded.

Uhhhh, should i equip my Kinsect with elements?

basil juice fullset gives max earplugs

the special investigation system is literally the dumbest possible thing they could have added to a multiplayer game. I have had about a dozen people that join a high rank room and then spend 15 minutes running around the map looking for markings never even getting close to the monster that's one room away

and if it's an sos even if you kick them the multiplayer scaling is still active after you kick them

1.) it's cool
2.) it's nice
3.) i like it

D R A G O N W A R

SMELL THE PUCCI OF

Why the fuck is the game asking me to create or join an online session when I load a saved character?

Will the game do this every single fucking time I boot up?

wheres the first wyverian in the ancient forest? I don't want to spend forever searching around

whats a good HBG tree to pick up?

Wyvernsnipe is always up and hits for enormous damage when you understand its basically the king of piercing shots.

If you're solo fight normally, and set up your sleeps/paralyzes/flashbombs on flyers so you can capitalize on the knockdown to land another 350 damage snipe.

Scatter wrecks face and doesn't flinch half as often as it used to. Don't be shy about playing close. Use your optimal ranges.

Give them the Wyvernfire.

Heavybowgun damage output is quite good, and even if you wanted to play hard support you could and still contribute big bursts of damage just using wyvernsnipe.

>Fighting Anjy
>Rath comes in, mauls the fuck out of him
>As he gets up, I plunk him in the head with a Normal S
>1 Damage
>He dies
So... Did Rathalos bring him to EXACTLY 1HP left? Or is he just unable to kill Anjy?

Hows the damage

look for tracks retard

but he's near the rathalos nest

I'd pay for the admirals hairstyle. I wanna be hunter raditz damn it.

What are your favorite items? Im just getting into crafting and trying to stock up.

Also is there any alternative to buying trap tools?

SOS is the only way to get people into your game, and it usually takes about 5 minutes

>hit the monster's head to KO, but you don't KO as well as a few other weapons do
>hit the monster's body to exhaust it, you are the best weapon at this besides maybe bow/bowgun but those lose DPS exhausting monsters
>play songs to buff teammates
>immediately play them again to enhance the effects of most songs
>try to play it again a third time later but before the buff runs out to extend its timer without having to play it two times again
>when you play songs, do it near the monster, because playing draws aggro and if you play in the corner the monster WILL still hit you and all you'll accomplish is making it run away from players that are trying to hit it

>Hop into someone's SoS urgent for Rathalos since I need one more wingtalon
>We get him low and chase him to the nest
>Rathalos breaks the damn and causes water to flow.
>As I'm fighting the current to get to solid land, our Switch Axe user trips him, and the water pushes Rathalos past me and over the cliff
>Quest complete as he goes over the edge

My fuckin' sides.
We sorta stood on the cliff edge for a bit, I assume they were laughing their asses off too, before we all hopped over the edge to carve him.
Man.

You will need multiple horns for multiple situations. Will probably end up having at least 1 per tree

>the fucking hangup when accepting quests

Will putting a monster to sleep cause it to heal?

Monsters can't finish each other off.

remember to bring lifepowder so you can save your teammates when they are in trouble!

>fuck this game is perfect but since u can do quests from the hub no ones in guild halls
It was a big mistake not to just have the the whole hub for players with a small gathering hub area that wasn't loading screened off somewhere. NPCs can just be moved clientside accordingly.

How good is Kirin HR armor, and the Kirin Dual Blade?

Will Capcom add my boi Steve to put Rath back in his cuckshed?

Try the dodo.

I'm the switch axe boi now

I'm gonna admit I'm a newfag to the series.
Give it to me straight. Is the Insect Glaive good? Should I use something else?
You're gonna hate me for this but all the other weapons are way too slow or too generic for my liking.

This, no one even bother coming to the Hub.
I feel so alone.

>Monster Hunter World was casualized, they said

Very good

>if it's an sos even if you kick them the multiplayer scaling is still active after you kick them
Other people were saying that shouldn't be the case before.

good enough for a cumdump

Proof?

>The Jump Master skill on Tobi-Kadachi's armor does not work with the LS Helmsplitter or SnS Charge Attack

How utterly fucking disappointing.
And here i thought we would finally be getting offensive skills that are more interesting than Critical Eye or Attack Up

Did you think I wasn't gonna catch that half-frame of moonrunes, ESL-kun?

>that feeling when on Tail Duty 24-7 because slicing shot just fucks things up.

>That feeling when breaking like 4 parts on NOTJAYLENO with the fight-opening Wyvernsnipe

Assuming it works the same as in past games, yes, you should max speed and get the others to the minimum values for the bug you want then dump the rest into the same element as your glaive.

Can you still swap kinsects between glaives? If so, for elemental glaives/glaives you use for their high raw you could have one of each element of the bug you want. Bugs get insane element returns but poor raw returns.

Try it out yourself fag, its really fun for me.
The damages output is good like any other weapons so don't worry about it.

Is the point of the Insect Glaive to be in the air constantly? I dont feel like I am doing super great damage like that.

it heals a very negligable amount, same when it just goes to sleep regularly.

>just got to the Coral Highlands
>goal is to track Tzitzi Ya Ku
>encounter a Paolamu before I find a Tzitzi
>die twice
>beat it

Holy shit, that was fucking intense. For such a derpy monster, it sure is actually quite tough. I like how it flies behind you forcing players to really move the camera around at all times. I can't imagine how tough doing this must have been on the 3DS or PSP without a second analog stick.

Thank goodness for the R3 tracking function on the fireflies. I wouldn't have been able to keep up with all the crazy places it flew away to without them. Also, the Coral Highlands is fucking GORGEOUS as fuck. I thought the Ancient Forest had crazy amounts of verticality, but this place blows the verticality of that place out of the water. It also is the prettiest looking level I think I've ever seen.

I think I'm in love with this game.

I was really hoping for a scene like this in MHW's story but hey, I guess its pretty melodramatic after all

how do you spot a shitter in your group /mhg/?
>lays shock traps when fighting an elder dragon
>using the same element as the monster you're fighting
>doesn't care about friendly fire