/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/
↳A limited edition Rathalos PS4 Pro has been announced for sale outside of Japan. Check your local retailer for more details.
↳Weapon movesets: pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

old bread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/YCIkv147v_c
reddit.com/r/MonsterHunter/comments/7tosn2/poogie_outfit_item_guide_potential_spoilers_within/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Huntresses

I hate myself so much. I just can't beat pink rathian with a lance. She always gets me one way or another, whether its the tail or getting comboed after her wind stuns me.

post in this thread if you agree mhw is a bad mh game

>call in an SOS at the beginning of a hunt because I want to do it multiplayer
>takes a while to get one person
>its a Japanese bow user and he literally takes 5 minutes just to get to the monster while I fight it solo
>once he shows up he's shit, will literally fire arrows into me repeatedly without shifting his position or even aim
>another person joins
>CB user, he shows up and starts hitting the monster
>constantly fucks off, I have no idea where he goes but I guess he's "zoning" to heal and sharpen his weapon
>one time disappears for like 3 minutes straight, I need to heal but the monster is glued to me until it finally shifts aggro to the bow and I can get a heal in
Jesus fucking christ

Get a wind charm. Not even hard.

Can I really not even change the target monster in a session without remaking the entire lobby? What the actual fuck?
Everything else is bad enough but I was thinking farming lobbies would be at least possible.

I'm well aware that no one is really playing there
>low amount of user reviews compared to PS4 on MC even though there should be justifiable outrage
>no streamer or reviewer played it on Xbox
But it should at least function to some degree as a matter of existing there.

Speaking of that, does Xbox One X even do anything for the game?

youtu.be/YCIkv147v_c
I thought you people said LBG was bad huh?!?!

is there no way to redo the Zorah Magdaros fight?

hissss

Two more azure horns and I can craft my full HR kirin set

I'M FARMING ODOGARON HERE, FUCK OFFFF BAZEL

And when you do find a good group, the game gives you no option to group up and go to a lobby so enjoy never seeing them again.
Quality online experience everywhere you look. Literally everywhere.

just do quests, there's a chance that the quest will show up so you can get mats again

How do we fix /mhg/?

I'm doing all the optional village quests instead of rushing. Who here is taking it slow?

We've had Wyverian qt3.14's for three games running now.
Two ara ara's and two lolis.
I hope the trend continues.

Which one, /mhg/?

>go into your nerg quest
>cart
>fails
I'M SORRY HOLY SHIT

I feel like I have to be half a map away from the monster to do decent damage with pierce hbg, I've been spamming slicing shots instead because they seem to do just as much damage without needing to space myself properly.

Ya but you gotta realize that most people that have actively played monster hunter own Sony systems just based on the types of games they are.
Xbox isn't seeing shit due to everyone sitting is destiny 2 or playing whatever sports game that they care about

A

just got to hr, are the zorah blast stuff good to use? it seems easy to farm

Gunners are disgusting.

B for the long nose

I'm taking it slow because I've been posting here for half of the day

>World got rid of the over the shoulder look pose that showed off your hoontahs ass for guild cards
This is the worst change in MHW. THE WORST.

So I just killed Bazel with a LBG but I wanna try some melee, I had fun with the switch axe and GS in the beginning but what am I meant to look out for them when building? what element and phial types etc?

Catlolis are cutest, but I want to demolish A with my dick.

Go in rooms with 10+ people, look in posted quests and look through HR sos calls.

Good luck getting ridges. 10 fucking gems before I finish my set.

Xbox is such a fucking afterthought that they didn't even fucking release the port in Japan.

>finally far enough to where I'm enjoying the game and not just getting used to the new stuff/doing the missions as I get them because I have nothing else to do
Wew lads, this is great. I'm going to take my sweet ass time though, without G rank I don't know how long I'll play this game

Gotcha bitch

I guess, but I'm just worried that Capcom completely fucked any potential this series has here with this retarded online system. The games already sold well as is, but you probably wont have as many people willing to hop on next time now.

Where to cop Omniplegia Sacs, please thankyou.

Why is every Japanese hunter awful? I thought they were supposed to be smart?

>play all day
>too tired to keep playing
>end up lurking here for another hour
>now really want to play
Fuck I should really go to sleep so next time I play I'm not too tired to not be shit.

Game is fantastic when you get to HR.
I just with the online was functional, at any level at all. I don't have friends to play with.

There will never be any good MH vore
You'd think this game would attract those people

Where is A. from?

randomly looking through rooms sounds like fucking hell.

>GS
raw
>SA
kinda depends on what you want it to do. power phials are an easy go to. exhaust phials now can also KO monsters. paralysis phials can be useful
I'm still trying to figure out if the change from element phials to power element phials means anything significant

Bazel is fucking obnoxious. He ALWAYS shows up to attack me whenever he's on the map.

How long you guys think will the Platinum trophy take. It's a nice motivation to get as much out of the game as possible but the "get every crown" one seems fucking tideous.

>Any Monster Hunter play
>Smart
Choose one

DUDE

There's somewhere I can play every MH

Eh online is fucking dumb but it's also not hard to work around.
getting in with friends is fine once you are repeating quests or doing expeditions.
sos calls will usually fill on in demand monsters, elders, - ians and such.
All they need to do is force people into the gathering hall

Game needs a universal quest board for random playing, just pick your quest/conditions and matchmake with everyone online. Leave the private gathering hub stuff to squads and friends.
Too bad it's not happening.

I fucking hate when the camera in World fucks off somewhere and puts your hunter off-middle of the screen. Is there an option to disable that and if yes which one? I want my hunter to ALWAYS be at the center of the screen. That "cinematic" camera angle is shit and makes my eyes hurt even more than they already are from playing at this fps.

600h

Where do I get Firecell stones?

Not really. If you want just search for zorah based rooms. I found one that always had a quest open to join today.

A and B at the same time.

Nice

The only other MonHun I've played is MH3U, and man, the free hunts are so much better in World. I just spent like an hour in Ancient Forest killing multiple Great Jaggis and Kulu and finding the Bugtrapper and just generally running around exploring.

The feeling of adventure is probably the best thing that they imported from Dragon's Dogma.

I can put up with it and it isn't much of an issue since I mainly play with friends, but it's just a weird hurdle to jump through in a game that was lauded as being the most accessible in the series.

I hope at the very least they patch out this cutscene stuff.

Dung bombs?

XX. She's the Guildmaster of the G-rank tavern.
She along with the barkeep were once hunters that retired after facing the Massacre Demon Diablos.

She ara aras when you talk to her, and I believe she's the only guildmaster so far that calls you by name.

W-why isn't this comibg to switch? it's perfect for the switch.

what is that vape cone the jewish elf has?

Give me the 3rd fleet captain.

You deserve it stupid ebinposter

>vape cone

Everstream

Learn to use the options menu

Ya that would be nice

Sometimes I just wander the maps without my hud on just messing around. 35 hours of play and I still feel like the Ancient Forest is new because I can't navigate it for shit. I just wish the other maps were as big as it because I appreciate the detail in them.

great girros the iron knight

Should I just mix and match whatever armor has good defense in LR? I don't want to farm a certain monster over and over (especially since I can't repeat the quest) for a full set with no skills whatsoever.

Overhype ruined everything with the memebait brit's ass pose.

I'm taking it real slow. Did a few long expeditions here and there just for fun. No point in rushing when it's gonna be like a year until G rank come out in one way or another

Just get to hr. It doesn't matter how

>Dung bomb his face
>Come back later
>1HKO bombs
Fuck this piece of shit

The game can barely run on consoles. The Switch would fucking explode consider BotW was lagging on it.
Just mix and match in LR. It doesn't matter much.

VAPE
CONE

>hearing the Rotten Vale battle theme for the first time

GODDAMN, that funky keyboard riff that kicks off the song is fucking HYPE.

I never would have thought that using a Deep Purple-esque keyboard riff would be so appropriate for a level like Rotten Vale.

Definitely the best song in the game so far.

I'd kind of like to get out of this un-upgrades Hunter's armor, even shit like barroth is doing a lot of damage. It surely can't stand up to anjanoth.

For how long is the buster sword supposed to keep the same appearance? I'm in HR right now, and I almost finished upgrading the basic iron GS, and it didn't change so far.

Are any of the other maps anywhere near as interesting as Ancient Forest? I just kind of assumed that they would all be like this.

How does special arena work? Does every cap "bank" a monster for it, or does it just take one that shows up randomly like zorah's quest?

Also do we know what augments are that tempered creatures are supposded to drop shit for?

>tfw still not in a squad

Posting anime isn't going to help you with that.

Nerd

CAT LOLIS

Does anyone else find the idea of adding free monsters kind of weird? More content is always appreciated, but one monster every month or two doesn't seem like it'll do much other than have people come back for a day or two.

I just don't understand how things will work now that we have a more proper way of getting DLC.

>basic iron GS
negro what are you doin

Is there any way to farm Sinister Cloth aside from the Safaris? And if not, which Safaris have the highest chance to drop them?

There's a guitar hunting horn, right? They wouldn't fuck up that badly, RIGHT?

I can't stop listening to it. Hunted a shit-ton of Rage Puppers last night just so I could listen to it with the battle din as well. Its bless.

i just want to belong...

Looking at the webms it seems like this game is really washed out in terms of color. What's up with that?

For some reason it reminds me of fucking StarCraft: Brood War

Nah the rest are much more basic and in line with old MH maps. Ancient Forest is pretty crazy with all the little side paths and vines and roots and caves to crawl through.

>reddit.com/r/MonsterHunter/comments/7tosn2/poogie_outfit_item_guide_potential_spoilers_within/

GUYS POOGIE CLOTHES AREN'T JUST FUTURE JEW-MTX

I love expeditions, I can just cart over and over and over and over and still get my kill lmao

what the hell do i have to do to get pukei to drop a poison sac?

How good is the legiana set skill? (the old loading skill for bow)

how do i best utilize the different mounted attacks for some of the weapons? I noticed the left thumbstick does different attacks with IG while mounted. How do I do the beyblade mounted attack with dual blades?

>sinister
probably vale