/2hug/ - Touhou general - #100

'Wow we actually made it' edition

Previous thread >So what is this game?
Touhou is a bullet hell game made by ZUN. Instead of ship or robots it features anime girls fighting youkai and such.

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/aAGBwfny
Includes links to the FAQ, netplay guide, 1cc charts and more.

>Where can I get the games?
moriyashrine.org/ (For separate game downloading)

nyaa.si/view/979648 (All in one pack)

>Game running at 30000FPS? Game screen size not to your liking? Experiencing some input lag? Download Vpatch and apply it.
en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Game_Tools_and_Modifications#Vsync_Patches

>Touhou 16 and 15.5 on steam! Please support the official release.
store.steampowered.com/app/745880/__Hidden_Star_in_Four_Seasons/

store.steampowered.com/app/716710/_Antinomy_of_Common_Flowers/

>Fangames pastebin (Contains a fixed version for game breaking bug in FMW2)
pastebin.com/Jc2e0wLm

>/2hug/ Highscore Spreadsheet! (If you want to submit score, use the term 'score' somewhere in your post)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bl1ZiZUqNdbP2OK_W7q6xG6A6FIG78LPfJQrouu6ol4/edit#gid=1978990074

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=pYObFRnR6fs
pastebin.com/Jc2e0wLm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>mfw I was going to do a thread with image that OP of Yukari and Janny like someone wanted
Oh well, goodnight /2hug/

>Q: Is Touhou a game?
>A: Dude, like, life is a game.

Congratulations.

Reimu is fitting for our 100th, she is the protag after all

life is a cruel game with uneven stats
I wish to reroll.

>Huge milestone.
>Pick absolute worst girl as image.

I'm disappointed in, you user.

WE FUCKING MADE IT /2HUG/!!!

WOOOOOOOOOHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I was about to say "real life doesn't have quest markers and a minimap. I'm surprised casual scum haven't kysed themselves yet" but smart phones and car navigation systems exist now so... huh.

No rerolls, no save states and reloads, no designated heroine, no standard background music, balancing is shit, fucking supid daily work minigame to grind credits to do fucking anything.
Give me one reason not to kill myself RIGHT NOW.

I've got two. Video games and good food.

It's the only game where every success you have will undeniably make everyone else jellymad.

Are there any more games with smorgasbord of waifus and good gameplays?

Have you 1cc'd a game on normal yet? If you have then maybe

>smorgasbord of waifus
Yes
>good gameplay
Not one. ZUN is the only person on earth willing to both make waifus and put in the effort to make everything quality. Everyone else is a lazy son of a bitch that plans to let their waifus do the heavy lifting and make some easy bucks before people get bored with them.

>Any more games with a smorgasbord of waifus
there's a billion out there user
>Good gameplay
There's like maybe 2 out there user.

ZUN's secret isn't making waifu characters and just having a really good design sense. it ends up pulling double duties for him.

Actually I guess Etrian Odyssey kind of has a combination of lots of waifus and good gameplay, but those are really focused on the gameplay and the waifus are just a bonus. You could describe Touhou the same way. It's not like ZUN frames his creative process as waifu making.

Um... Dynasty Warriors?

Yeah, if you set out to intentionally make waifus and then make some game as a delivery vector you'll end up like boatsluts. You need to design a compelling game or story first and then let the waifus be a natural byproduct of good design. Overwatch is an example of planning from the beginning to make a game that elevates its characters and characters that elevate their game. I'm convinced there was zero passion involved in their creative process, but they did it very skillfully.

YMMV with "good" gameplay: Pokemon, Fire Emblem, most Blizzard games, most SRPGs with "jobs"

>FE
I mean, the earlier FE games had less waifus and more actual characters and Awakening onwards had plenty, to the detriment of the gameplay.

yeah...p spook

Its your only life, even if living fucking sucks, I hope personal heavens exist.

I got a rather obscure one. Renowned Explorers: International society. Wonderful gameplay. And a excellent variety of Waifus.

Thinking about it. the original Valkyria Chronicles is great and especially so if you're into /k/ stuff.

This should be our last thread. You’ve done enough. You deserve a rest.

But then where else am i going to rant about Touhou? /jp/?

Why would we end it when everyone's enjoying their time here?

>less waifus and more actual characters
Debatable. I think it's about the same amount of characterization per character, but now with 1000% more padding due to the "everybody can bone everybody" format. This has served to highlight how paper thin characters are (and always have) been. The good news is that Fates gameplay shines amidst the dumpster fire of a story, so hopefully they never make a mistake like Awakening ever again.

Forgot to throw fighting games into the hat. For me it's Guilty Gear which I've been playing since X, but pretty much every anime-styled fighter has decent gameplay and waifus/husbandos galore.

>Gameplay
>Fates
Now I see you have shit taste in FE games. Fates was a fuck up all round. Thankfully the terminal trash taste doesn't seem to extend to fightans and you have good taste in fighters.

>Fates gameplay shines amidst the dumpster fire of a story
>Fates gameplay shines

Fates tickled my LTC autism like no other, you could do so much bullshit. My actual basic bitch taste is firmly rooted in 7, where all of the best girls are.

Fuck. I wanted to capture 100 spell cards for the 100th thread but this game is fucking hard. Filesize limit makes for some ass quality too

Rest? We haven't done anything yet.

Damn, I want to do something special for our 100th thread too. I guess I’ll try 1cc EoSD on Hard before this thread end.

This is why you don't let touhous have video games.

>thread #100 is Reimu thread
I'm not sure how I feel about this.

>it's a battle royale game, but with 2hus
That's surprisingly appealing. Bonus points if you can get danmaku to work in it.

I'm sure if you make a donation it'll start feeling good soon

I hope not, a battle royale/murder hobo touhou fangame is gonna turn touhou into a tertiary normie series.

Oh no that will ruin everything ZUN does by some means.

>Bunch of playable 2hus with their own shot type
>Fight over territory in locations from 2hu
>collect Bombs to unleash a Spell Card
>Get hit once and you're dead, but respawns are super fast to compensate

I can see the appeal.

I mean sure, but it's going to turn the series into even more of a toxic nightmare if you try and get involved because Touhou suddenly becomes popular youtube streamer bait because Touhou Royale got played by all the popular ones and got a billion views and now everyone and their mother is a touhou fan despite never playing even one of the spinoffs.

The thing is that touhou has a fairly well established mythos already. A wave of newcomers wouldn't change that. A few will care a lot about touhou and read the canon. Most won't care that much and will drift away. There's not enough money in touhou for anyone to systematically rape it because ZUN would shut down anyone that got too big and profiteering with it.

Don't you understand, it's very important for my favorite series to remain obscure! Because of reasons!

Let’s aim for 1000 thread next

Speaking of which, a battle royale would require dedicated servers and support staff to be a major hit. All that stuff requires money. Older games got their money through monthly subscriptions and newer ones get it through microtransactions. I can't see either flying with ZUN. Any touhou battle royale would have to be hosted on private servers and I wouldn't bet on a game run solely off private servers ever being a big hit again.

>too much popularity isn't a bad thing
>ruining the community is fine
There's a nice medium between "sekrit klub" and "super popular" which touhou is in right now.

>ruining the community
Is this some hipster meme?

Can Gensokyo win against the Fire Nation?

Likely, from what I recall from Avatar the fire nation still had to rely on bending and troops armed with swords, polearms and the like while backed up with very specialized warmachines without any coaxial or turret mounted weapons really. Troops wouldn't stand much of a chance against a lot of the boss characters or playables and the armor wouldn't hold up much better.

Is there anywhere I can get high quality lossless flacs or ttas of the game soundtracks and ZUN's cds? I've looked everywhere online but only Chinese links appear and those take you directly to Baidu, which you need a chinese phone number to even register for. Shouldn't one person have compiled the osts by now?

Moriya Shrine has them compiled, but it's probably not the quality you're looking for.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=pYObFRnR6fs
If you’re aiming for the WR then give up. You’ll never be a legend in 2hu and your 2hu is shit.

You can easily rip the music from the games themselves, but the CDs are going to be much tougher. Try searching in /jp/ archives, some guy was dumping them a few years back.

Is anyone in this thread autistic enough to even try?

congrats on your #100th thread /2hug/.
you guys planning on doing anything to celebrate it?

Same. At least it will give me plenty of chances to bass Reimu.

Im going to try and finnaly get Flandre down this week. It remains to be seen if i'll actually pull

*Pull it off.

The things that I usually do after I finally 1cc a game, open a can of beverage and drink it while enjoying the outside air.

>Open a can of beverage

What an odd way of phrasing that

Really? It sounds alright in my head.

>move to japan
>all I buy is touhou stuff

what will i do with these when I turn into a old man

>Actually moving to Japan
I hope your previous place of residence was like Africa or some where terrible.

california

>He moved from California to Japan
Nigga you should've just gone eastwards. Now you live in a shitty hive mind community that will passive aggressively shun you and talk behind your back unless you do the unlikely task of proving your "worth" to them because you don't fit in and likely never will. I hope it's only for a brief period of time user for like school or martial arts or something.

ethnically im japanese so its ok

How does it feel to finally be back at the land of samurai?

100% Japanese or do you have a mixed racial ethnicity? Either way, you still would've had a better deal just moving to the mid west or something where you could enjoy a better happier lifestyle and just importing touhou stuff.

There`s alot of foreigners now
100%. I`m pretty happy here for the most part

I bet he's got something to say about that too.
I hope your life is a good one over there. I don't think I could leave the States but then again I don't live in commiefornia.
Nobody is fucking happy in the shitty Midwest for long

this Finnish artist easily BTFO most Japanese artists

Well you do you user, if you enjoy it that's fine

I couldn't give a shit if he was a trans-racial purple motherfucker. My point is as far as I know the Japanese aren't very happy with non-Japanese people and treat them with extreme xenophobia. He probably still has the "American" stigma, but if he 's 100% Japanese they probably won't notice.

>all have the same face
I'd say it's about even.

Everyone looks a bit scrawny, but he's certainly skilled.

Looks like Setz got really good at his work.

I love the Tim Burtonesque style guy
It's so distinct and I can't believe he's a Jap

>He probably still has the "American" stigma, but if he 's 100% Japanese they probably won't notice.
they can tell by the way I talk yeah

oh well, can`t be friends with everyone huh

You say that like most japanese artists don't suffer from same face

>All have the same face
When you're talking about Anime-esque art you really can't use that as a mark against it.

If you can get by that's fine. But you're luckily probably dodging a lot of the worst of the shit by looking like one of them, so they don't ostracize you nearly as much as they would a white guy or something.

Christ, nevermind. You were right to move.

I mean, if you ask me, if he already lived in the states he could just moved up north, south or eastwards if a better quality of life was the only goal, it's probably cheaper too. But I guess he wanted to live in Japan for personal reasons.

Japs don't have a monopoly on drawing big eyes and dagger chins and they don't have a genetic requirement to do so. I don't know what's so amazing about it.

What is TLMC.

That he's really good at a unique style
Plenty of Japanese fan artists drew in unique styles but this guy is just really, really good imo
Something about his art just clicks with me. I'd love to see him illustrate for children's books.

Congrats for the #100 thread.

Why are there so many finnish Touhou fans? Is there just a shortage of cute girls over there? Or does gensokyo remind them of the good old days of being a poor Russian colony?

Finland is a very strange country is all, from what I've seen on this website, the assholish characters probably remind them of their own interactions and they find it hilarious.

>Does gensokyo remind them of the good old days of being a Russian colony
From what I know a fin would probably stab you for saying that.

>Reimu uses cheap surplus rifles from the 1940s that eats even cheaper corrosive ammunition
It's funny enough that I can actually see it happening.

You buy yourself a mausoleum and get buried with all of your merch

Will he be revived as a girl in Gensokyo?

Good morning 2hug. In celebration of our 100th thread and the fangames pastebin 1000 unique views, I've decided not to be lazy for a few dozen minutes and give it a much needed update. Let me know what you think.
pastebin.com/Jc2e0wLm

Changelog:
- Added a proper description for Mystical Power Plant
- Added a proper description for Dissapering of Gensokyo
- Fixed a spelling error involving The Last Comer, turns out I had it spelled as The Last Corner
- Added a good estimation of play time to every single game
- Added a patch link for Touhou Houkyoutabi
- Added more info on Mystical Chain and how to get the true ending
- Added a download link on Ephemeral Unnatural Balance
- Added a translation link for the three Ido games, The Last Comer, Mystical Power Plant and Riverbed Soul Savor

Real quick if you could, for FMW mention that the play time is an estimate for only playing one of the routes and not both of them.

I have to go now, I'll be back in a few hours but I'll be sure to mention in it that's how long Marisa's routes for all three games take.

>- Added a good estimation of play time to every single game

woah

I wouldn't mention a specific route, just say "Doing both routes in these games can easily double your play time" or something similar.

No, he'll just be a dead guy with a bunch of touhou figurines buried with him. One day in the distant future, archaeologists will unearth his crypt and he will be laughed at one last time.

I'm going to FUCK Reimu!
I am going to FUCK her!

No you aren't.

First you gotta go to gensokyo, then convince her to fuck. Both of which seems difficult. But shit user if you can do it, god speed to you my man.