/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/
↳A limited edition Rathalos PS4 Pro has been announced for sale outside of Japan. Check your local retailer for more details.
↳Weapon movesets: pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

siliconera.com/2018/01/29/monster-hunter-world-might-add-character-creation-option-enough-fan-demand/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is swaxe good in World?

bow

>is it worth learning
Sure I suppose
>do shells scale
No, they only scale with sharpness, which means that you should only shell when you know you're going to hit a monster in a high defense area.

yes

Post sessions.

Bow

Answer me damn it.

Does anyone know how monsters work in Expeditions? Do they permanently despawn after a while, or they just have their active hours based on time of the day?

Repostin question of whether or or not tobi is best for wyvern gem farming.

so first sales number are 5 mil
how far do you think it will go?

just join the squad session nerd

we're almost there
only 8 months left

BOW

They despawn after a while.

The lighting in this game is really harsh. I made my character brown as fuck in the character creator (close to the lower right) and they look extremely pale in the actual game because of how bright everything is.

Wait, you can wall-jump off of any walls, not just the shroom walls?
Permanently. Another one might spawn after a while, but it won't have the damage you did to the previous one obviously.
Not sure how engaging them in a fight affects their despawn timer. But they do despawn on their own too, even if you haven't encountered them at all.

B O W
O
W

>first sales number are 5 mil
No, that's the number of shipped copies.
Shipped=/=Sold

Why is HBG shit now you fuckers where is my normal shot?!

>That final showdown against Teo in his "Nest"
My dick is Novacrystal right now. Good shit.

Depends on the wall. There's a similar place in the waste that allows for it as well

You know this would be way easier if we all just used Discord.

How?

WHY THE FUCK CAN'T I JOIN THE SQUAD SESSION? IS IT FULL?

Ah, so new ones appear after a while? That's good.

Where can i find several Great Hornfly?

Please don't, mate.

There a discord user, they probably have their own squad

Why is everyone using Slicing Shot with their HBG in MHW videos? Does it do more damage than Normal and Pierce now?

Your farm.

cultivate honey or palico missions

Yes

I have no idea why anyone thought the way they did High rank was a good plan.

I'm glad it's over.

What does it mean when something “unlocks a weapons hidden element”?

Like does it just give the weapon a random element?

Beat Vaal
2nd try
0 deaths!

only ammo types worth using are Slicing, Cluster, Wyvern and control types like Paralysis/Sleep. If a gun doesn't have slicing ammo you don't use it.

the element in gray on certain weapons.

Is there even a point of crafting weapons aside of nerg tree, except for weapons relying on elemental damage?
The raw damage without any penalty looks really too good without any string attached.

>mfw Discord has drawn away all the trolls and shitters in the IRC channel

>the way they did High rank
What's different about the way they did it in World?

sapphire star is the title of the final boss?

I'm really digging gunlance so far, but honestly is it worth learninv/using? Does the shelling damage scale with the lance damage?

Some weapons have the element grayed out, that skill activates it

Is 7 star the highest that normal monsters go to and then 8 is only the elder dragons?

Literal best armor set.

Shelling doesn't scale. The only way to increase it is with the bombardier skill.

It's the logo of the first fleet, that's the trophy for finishing the final boss though, yeah.

You have to find a bunch of scattered tracks that spawn randomly in certain maps in order to unlock the ability to challenge the bosses of HR.

it felt like nothing but padding.

>3 plates on first Rathalos kill

Pretty good

Pretty pretty pretty good

you mean artillery

I wish it was always rainy, it's the most comfy

>Best armor set
>armor skill is essentially worthless on every weapon, except for arguably GS

I've got a 9* investigation with a tempered tobi

How do I maximize my chances of getting a plate from Legiana?

Do we have a C squad yet?

Why the fuck do the items my palico gets always show on the second row? That way I can't just hold X to get them

Ok legit question.

Are Dual Swords bad?

I know the weakness of them, their reach is trash, so shit that is a dinosaur is going to be hard for me to get damage on.

But the damage output is just too fucking good. Combined with the mobility. I can easily handle Wyverns once they stop being retards. And the long lizard monsters are a joke.

Blast also procs a lot.

Break the head, maybe back if it can, and tail. Then kill it for a 3 chances and use a voucher. Being in HR helps to since it places a plate higher than a gem.

Is armor important?

I gotta admit, I was legit angry.

trick the desire sensor into thinking you don't want a plate

>0 deaths.
>2nd try

Reminder that it's not worth restarting your character
siliconera.com/2018/01/29/monster-hunter-world-might-add-character-creation-option-enough-fan-demand/

>Are Dual Swords bad?
Stop this. No weapon is bad in this game. The player is the one who's bad.

Well hell, they got their money, irrespective. So I'd say their good for this game. Getting 5 million shipped means they could easily make a second one or at least G Rank.

Not until you get oneshotted and then realize that it IS important

>He doesn't know

Jesus, for a second I thought it was the Platinum and I was getting whiplash.

That'll be 3 dollars good goyim

Hey it's only cosmetic after all ;)

>No weapon is bad in this game.
Except HH and GL.

you are small time

>when you character crawls on all fours for the first time when you're wearing bike shorts

Can I break the tail with a hammer?

Hell I like that, makes more sense and builds tension. Then again, I'm a person who doesn't just see monster hunter as a fighting game.

Oh my god.

They make it that way so you can farm some good HR armor pieces before you tackle special monsters in HR.

What do the decoration icons mean? Can the good decorations like handicraft only go in specific slots?

>hunt a hr rathalos
>cant be that hard
>half of the hunt rathian and bezel are in the same area

was fun to look at but annoying as fuck and i didnt bring shit

How does one survive this mentally

K, so when will it be possible?

Thats fair. I was more thinking, why do I never see any hunters using them besides me?

>HH
>bad

Im sorry, do you not enjoy the meme buffs?

When it says Upsurge: Bonepiles, what does that mean? Will there be more bonepiles or does it mean I will get more from looting them?

Anyone need Zorah HR random quest? Just got it

>Except HH
SHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUP

Yeah

I think it's a lot like expeditions from mh4u. Monsters work on a timer I guess, whether you engaged them or not, they have a cycle. And yes, if you keep exploring, new monsters will eventually spawn.

I thiiiink there's more bonepiles spawning on the map?

The point is to use the element that the monster is weak to since you will most likely be hitting non-weakzones for half of the fight. And then just try to trip the monster. If the monster goes for a roar and/or attack that makes a weak point available, dodge and hit it a couple of times, then back to legs.

If Dual Blades were able to reach all the good parts then they'd be the best weapons in the game. I fought a Barroth with Fire Dual Swords and smoked his ass in 2 mins flat after using puddle pods on his mud.

You get better stuff from whatever is Upsurged.

>names literally the 2 strongest weapons
Nice try.

Because DB are a real case of being a status/ele weapon which needs a good handful since there's obvious all-rounder yet. I would say Kobi/Kirin DBs and the upgraded iron ones are probably good enough. Lots of stuff weak to thunder later on

That there's a higher chance "shinny" ones spawn, and those hold more and rarer

Farming zorah magdaros is fucking torture. That mission was cool the first time, by the fifth time I want to kill my self

Restart user here. Still haven't played the game. fuck me

fuck me.

Usually monsters have a tail break and a cut. So you can get the break and get rewards for the break but you won't be able to cut the tail for carves.

Alrighty, thanks.