/dbfzg/ Dragon Ball FighterZ Genera

>Basic mechanics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1rrh_EWca6MB1WUZfjIZ97LYhYspshivHjM352KmZ4g4/edit?usp=sharing

>PS4 and Xbox controls:
i.imgur.com/FmZtlvQ.jpg (embed)

>PC system requirements:
i.imgur.com/Qh9Ie78.jpg (embed)

>Characters moves and statistics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1G2SSi3eNI9aqekrhRyEOcEp-fnaoh68bO4NF6vlMfQw/edit?usp=sharing

>All assists:
docs.google.com/document/d/1Qgi3z7NDatc5vv6eJvA0xzJsyeND8eMIAxUsNZuVpmM/edit

>How to unlock Android 21 and SSGSS Goku and Vegeta:
shoryuken.com/2018/01/23/heres-how-to-unlock-ssgss-goku-ssgss-vegeta-and-android-21-in-dragon-ball-fighterz/

>Prima guide:
primagames.com/games/dragon-ball-fighterz/coverage/dragon-ball-fighterz-guide

>CouchWarriors guide:
couchwarriors.org/welcome-to-dragonball-fighterz-a-beginners-guide/

>Semi-universal combo route:
youtube.com/watch?v=vYmaCnSgqGA

>Numeric Notation Sheet
i.imgur.com/CsTcCQJ.jpg (embed)

>Glossary:
shoryuken.com/glossary/

>[un]Official Anime Music Pack:
mega.nz/#!LIFSwCLY!v-23eKhCAONXjoty_8AitMefS54iVlLBc9-5gLdeVlU

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/lF_W4OP-G6Y
youtube.com/watch?v=CgWOb4vkZwc
discord.gg/wtSsdgv
twitter.com/SonicFox5000/status/956961149483970561
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't want to learn combos

reminder to default to blocking low

That wont save you

just use autocombos then

Who should I pair with SSGSS Vegeta and Frieza?

>but what if you're bad at your character

can't do much for you then dude sorry

So your entire argument was based off of playing bots and training mode and then stating your shit opinions as facts

Don't ever reply to my posts namekian scum

I give this general a week before it's merged with dokkan

Get rid of Bluegeta for SSJ and put Nappa in point. Trust me. Im a doctor.

We already arranged a merge with tekgen during the beta.

Goddamn you're one stupid motherfucker
If you don't know how to combo into your lvl 3 with your character you're bad at them. Period. Characters that don't have an aerial one have ways to hard kd into landing and using the lvl 3. If you don't know this and can't utilize it you're garbage and your opinion on balance is irrelevant, not that this is any news considering you think c21's projectiles are good.

>Dokkan
>Implying its not Xenobabby general
Fuck I hope not. I hate those cringy fucks. I wanna talk fighting games, not fanfiction writing tips based on my snowflake waifu custom character.

Hey dipshit, guess what. In an actual match you don't always have the ability to set up your perfect combo.
You would understand this concept if you played anything other than training or bots

Gohan would be so much more fun, if he had a second lvl1 that goes straight forward.

>curious about the characters link scenes
>don't want to grind fucking clones forever

I will be able to find a ranked match in one month, r-r-right?

Buu is kinda weird but I think he might have some stuff

You know when the basic things don't work the character has hidden things

Have they fixed ring matches on Ps4 yet?

What are the current fighter tiers?

i unironiclly think that Majin Buu has potential. To bad i never liked the characters. And his supers look gay.

why cant people just put notation in their fuckign tweets? they know what they pushed. takes 2 seconds to type out. instead we have to go frame by frame picking out if it was autocombo or partial autocombo and randomly guess when he called the assist.

>And his supers look gay.

How do I apply pressure and is there a general rule for what is unsafe on block?

You know, sometimes this game looks real fucking cool.

I heard Vegetto was found in a datamine

This was posted but I have no idea where it is actually from. Those other ones seem real but this I don't know

Don't you see, that's the fucking point.

It's one thing to kill a man with Piccolo who is basically super god-satan. Or Hit, time-stopping jazzassin from another universe. Or with Freiza, a living extinction event that even gods of destruction outsource to.

But to kill them with a giant fat retarded rubber manchild in a cape? By turning them into chocolate and then eating them?
THAT is what true defeat feels like!

Did you guys see this scene with Android 21 and Majin Buu?
>Hokachi patee!?
I laughed. Makes me want to go back to story mode and find other funny scenes.

Yamcha has good scenes.

Fuck kid buu and fuck kid buu players

Alright so does anyone know how the fuck Android 18's air dash combos work? Pop someone up with 2M 5M j.L j.M j.L 2H, 214M and dash forward and no matter how long you wait you are always airborne. Plus how high you end up after your dash is really fucking weird and inconsistent. I'm trying to incorporate it into my midscreen BNBs but I'm feeling like I'm probably better off just going for the easy shit into a hard knockdown and running oki in the corner instead.

So, I've never played 2D fighters except for childhood-tier SFII back in the days, but I come from Tekken/SoulCalibur and I played them pretty competively. This game looks awesome, but I don't know if I'd like it since I've no idea how it's played except for the basics.

In terms of not-so-casual, medium-advanced gameplay, what can I expect from DBFZ? How much of it is bound to learning tight combos and juggles requiring hours of button practice, and how much is spacing or momentum or okizeme or mindgames instead? I see that each character has like 7 unique moves, so I don't truly understand "where the game is done".
>e.g. in Tekken you mostly play it safe in order to get to a launcher and juggle, or you wait to punish heavy, or you poke to death, and you have to be able to do all three in order to be good, you cannot not know at least some basic juggles and some frame data

Any input would be much appreciated.

theres a list of all the scenes and what triggers them. you wouldnt have to 'find' them.

So, did the characters you wanted to play end up becoming characters you liked to play?

Tien is a fucking baller. I can't believe how fun he is.

Who would you pick as a third for a Tien/Trunks team?

marvel is just crazy all-out rushdown, whoever gets a light kick in first kills a character.
That is, unless someone finds broken zoning shit like morridoom, so far doesn't look like fighterz has any of that

My winrate is 40%

mine's about 20%

>only ever played fighters super casually, last stint was a week of pretty much doing nothing but play street fighter a year ago

>currently 80% winrate in ranked at super saiyan rank

I don't know man

Pls gib me smug db reaction images

>learn how to punish super dashes
>haven't lost a game since

Amazing

Bumpin my request. Pls give me your smuggest boys and girls

Finally getting into 4 and 5k combos, feels good to be useful with Vegeta at last.
On a side note, is it really worth to combo into a lvl3? It seems like the damage is subpar compared to a lvl1 with assists.

im reading something about an online 3v3 mode where each guy controlled 1 character on a team. is this present in the game

With Vegeta? I find that big bang and assists are better to end a combo on unless Im trying to be final flashy. You getting in them wall bounces? Ive been getting some sick combos from vanish, bounce, ki spam, into big bang/assist

I mostly juggle with 2-3 lows into qcb high into final flash/big bang with assists.
Gonna try and do something with vanish see if I can get past 4k with him.
Getting a 5k combo with 16 is piss easy though yet I'm struggling with freezer. I'm good with him but I can't really combo properly due to his lack of air specials.

There isn't much to talk about anymore, keep in mind you're ripping on a game that's almost over 2 years old. Aside from the random DLC drop here and there its all some of us have left in an effort to talk about things with the anons' we enjoyed playing the game with.

Kinda sad I missed my chance to write-up some awful fanfic cringe shit seeing as its been done already so much.

>is this present in the game
Yes.

Oh fuck bud freezer is my anchor. Hes got great shit going on with vegeta as mid. Hes also great in the air once you realize he can do more than autocombo.

mind telling me where to find this mode friend, im new to this

I have a hori fighting commander 4 it works on SFV out of the box, will it work on dbfz or do I need to use big picture mode or download some converter?

You mean light into heavy. not low into high.

>Super Buu DLC when?

I have a nagging suspicion that the answer is "never" because of A21 getting an ability stealing absorbtion gimmick which would probably have been his, and they'd have to make like 24+ Super-Buu variations for that.

Yeah, my bad.

Here try this combo out when you get rhe chance:

5L>5L>2M>QCF M>big bang>vanish>QCF S>big bang or final flash depending on meter

I usually do L-M-H-qcfS-vanish-2H-rush-L-M-Nova Blow for like 4500 or something like that, maybe a little bit more.
As I said, I'm really struggling to find a decent way to combo with him besides zoning as he is REALLY good at that.

You make it when in lobby, I'm not sure what its called, arena, ring battle, or something.
It's in there though, you can find it easy.

Ring Matches

Lost to 0-0 with a bad connection

With Freeza try this one too:
5L>5L>2M>2M>5H>Super Dash>5L>5L>5L>QCF Special>Then end in his vaccuum of space super or vanish>5h to try and keep the air combo going

OH MY FUCKING GOD WHY THE FUCK DOES PRESSING EVERY FUCKING BUTTON CANCEL THE FUCKING MATCH, IVE BEEN WAITING FOR FUCKING MINUTES

>Give us z stamps
>Bringing up the z stamp menu pauses match finding

Amazing

Whiny bitch.

lol ur such a nerd. try having some fun for once

Can someone tell me what Beerus' regular ki blast is good for? Doesn't seem like you can follow up from it or mix-up like Nappa can.

Any links to good Android 18 combos that properly utilize 17? Preferably, not a corner combo?

I can't for the life of me figure out what use 17 brings to her.

just look up lord knight matches. he has some insane corner pressure with 17 and assists. total lockdown. sonicfox plays her too, but doesnt do as much in corner (better elsewhere if you want neutral).

youtu.be/lF_W4OP-G6Y

well that escalated quickly.

are we posting 21 deathcombos now?
youtube.com/watch?v=CgWOb4vkZwc

So again.

Any links to good Android 18 combos that properly utilize 17? Preferably, not a corner combo?

I'm looking for specific links
Combos
Not pressure
And maybe not corners if possible

>Genera
>No edition
>No link to the previous thread
>Embed meme

Gohan Calvo DLC when

>Freeza
>lack of air specials
Lol wut

>Step into Training mode with Beerus
>Surround myself with spheres of destruction and force the AI to super dash into me
>Super dash deletes the orbs.

Literally what is the point of this ability? Specifically the one that spawns them all around Beerus instead of the others you chain into combos

oki and leads to decent pressure

He is trying to have fun. Thats why he plays Buu.

its not hard tho

You keep saying oki but nobody gives a fuck since they cause no blockstun and everything beats them.
How are you pressuring someone with a 3 second startup?

Gonna post the /dbg/ discord here
discord.gg/wtSsdgv

They're having a fighterz tournament with an actual prize so go and win it if you want

>haven't bothered to learn a single combo or assist
>280k bp
you people need to learn how to neutral

>tfw running goku/vegeta/teen gohan because they all function really similar

I'm a baby and I want to stop, but I can't

twitter.com/SonicFox5000/status/956961149483970561

They're already spoonfeeding you the combo

>bragging about norhing

>Go ham and it works
16 mirror get dump

Besides qcfS?
He doesn't have anything else.

I'm missing something in training mode. What's the point in body swap. Are they unable to use Ginyu's supers or what?

What's more unethical? Android 16 self destruct or Tien's Chiatzou suicide?

>get annoyed with left stick press being swapping to training dummy
>rebind L1 to switching and have the stick press be my assist
>it carries over to the ranked match
>get beat up like a fucking retard wondering why my switch isn't working

ginyu force doesnt work withthem. so they have a fireball and tackle for only moves.

Lose Ginyu force, so they are basically castrated.

Android 16 = nuclear bomb built in. Is Android so human morality isn't an issue unless your an androfag like Bulma.

Chiatozu = suicided knowing he can't do shit all. Likely an excuse to make himself look good so no one would question his depression.

I suck at fighters and just bought this game, how hard it is to get halfway decent at?

Mash light attack followed by super dash to beat most opponents.

but they literally linger. u can setup on top of them on hard knock down, you can shoot them with any whiffed aerial i think. if they stick out a normal too far they get blown up for it too

1. Are you a brainlet
2. Are you willing to practice and learn

Those are the two factors determining whether or not you can get good.

>Be Guilty Gear player
>Have no idea about the game systems
>Win just through fundamentals and IAD high low "mixups"
>Despite getting hit often due to trying to FD to air block
From what i've seen online you can pull pretty cheap shit with assists but i forgot they exist

Also where is the frame data?