/bdog/ The MMORPG Black Desert

>What is BDO?
Black Desert Online is an Korean MMORPG developed by Pearl Abyss. It features non-tab targeted action combat, p2w rng mechanics, zerg pvp, infinite grinding and a sudo sandbox experience.

>Latest NA/EU Patch Notes
community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?forums/patch-notes.5/

>Latest KR News
invenglobal.com/blackdesertonline

>Guilds
NA: Sardine, Baka, Inner_Circle
Eu: Pettanco

>/BDOG/ Discord
discord.gg/ETsNjaW

>Useful Links, Guides, Guilds & Info
pastebin.com/3kJqJSPZ

>NewFAQs
Read the pastebin, Ctrl+F, jfgi before posting.
Many guests passes are available for those that wish to try the game for 7 days.
Don't buy the game through Steam, get it through the website.

Previous Thread :

>this dumb op again
stupid gookposter

First for tamers

Join Valor. We do lifeskills and Node Wars (although you are not required to participate in them). No gear requirements or arena tests.
We take in new players and help them too, so if you started playing and you don't know what to do or you feel lost, consider joining us (specially since there is a guild attendance reward currently going that gives you a pet)!
We have guild buffs (gathering and fishing) and do guild quests too.
If you are interested in joining, whisper Dezex or Liquss (family names).

This is the kind of tamer I need in my life.

I can confirm, I grind inside the mines but I run away as soon as I see someone else - it's the only way for me to survive

What's the best thing to gather?
Can't decide between logs for crates or blood from goats since it's closer and magic/lucky suckers are easier to get.

Strategic arm placement!

Probably logs for the Epheria boat, or at least thats what I've been doing.

You guy told me Crescent suck, but I get it all to myself on Bell-server, who suck now, huh?!

I need BDO memes

Any spot is good if you can be alone.

Check out those teeth!!

I should have made a hot bitch my main instead of a man.

Who influenced you this time?

but how are you going to roleplay with all of the cool girls that are playing BDO?

this

Is there any disadvantage to skipping most of the early game quest/storyline for leveling characters after I've played through it with my first?
I just want to get to 56 with some classes to see if I like their awakenings.

Not really. You might want to do the black spirit ones at least as they give skill points and inventory slots, but other than that you don't miss much by skipping the early stuff.

>somebody whispers you and calls you cute
Is there any better feeling in BDO?

Excellent, thanks. I don't think I lose the chance to do the Black Spirit ones do I?

You'll want to get the black spirit quests done eventually to get a few free pieces of gear, but if you're rushing to 56 you can ignore them for now. Get a +15 green weapon for the class you level to make it go faster though.

>tfw whispered never ever

Where is the best place to get experience at level 58 if you don't care about silver?

probably bashims if you can get it uncontested

reminds me
>thanks for protection daddy

weird feel

Log, rough stone, weed, sheep/wolf blood, pork/beef, coral pieces if you can stomach it.

Basically shit people need a lot of but are tedious to gather since there's no worker node they can pop an artisan worker on.

Uh, Warrior/Valkyrie or wait for Lahn?
What weapons do Lahn even use

Lahn uses new Lahn-specific weapons. Unless you mean what they're like, in which case they're chain weapons.

Nothing, I just realize I'm not gonna do anything important ever so why not have a pretty girl instead of a pretty boy.

>girls
>on the internet
>playing mmos
lol

I'll whisper you and call you cute user

Did Doxen whisper you?

I really love how I can make 60m when Rednose/Mudster spawns on off hours but god damn is Witch bossing boring as fuck. Is spamming MMA really the most efficient method?

Who do I whisper to join Sardine?

Oothier

It's strange that this game doesn't have any cash anti-downgrade protection

it does in other regions to some extent

Can you count selling outfits to buy cronstones?

>ywn be this kawaii
back to the grind...

I feel like corals are impossible without the cash outfit.
Too slow.
Too unwieldly

I enjoy gargling dicks in roleplay and even I found this cringy as fuck.

"cash-stacks" maybe, to a certain extent

LEWD

I didn't say it wasn't, I cringed a bit too on the first one.

Cron stones but you're wasting money to gimp yourself. Artisan memories to minimize the repairing process. Advice of valks and memory frags are handed out like candy nowadays.

You're guaranteed to get all your boss gear to +15 by using force enhance and burn concentrated stones to PRI without risking any downgrades. If you want to bitch about item downgrades, bitch about alchemy stones especially life stones.

Shark suit is a requirement for underwater gathering. It's like a must get outfit if you're going to deal with the oceans.

What are your thoughts on pale elves?

Very cute!

The sluttiest elf skin color.

cute. very attractive. fuckable

no, this is the sluttiest elf skin color

They're good for playing as and shooting bows and cutting things with swords and sometimes shooting arrows from the sword because they didnt code that very well

Teach me how to get tanlines user

No pits...

What is a good class for a fun alt?
Preferably something that is decent at grinding (not an absolute pain in the ass), FUN to play, good at 1v1 and maybe even decent in small scale?

I would like something mostly to fuck around, kill some people and have fun.
I really can't stand my Witch anymore for anything other than sieges.

wear slutty bikinis

Sounds like Tamer is a good fit, maybe Kuno but I dont have much experience with them

You know what I mean, all I want is the link to the post.
Ill figure out the rest

undertow, adult mods, tanlines

I was considering a Tamer actually as it looks like a fun class but all this forum crying about them kinda put me off and people also said it's a bad grinding class, though I don't think that makes sense considering they can pull more mobs.

I was also considering a Ranger as they are starting to be good again I think?

I tried a Valk and I can't. She looked fun but the mobility on her and how you execute it is pure cancer and unfun, also the fact that you are required to spam space all the time. Nope.

Tamer works great as long as what youre farming is in tightly clustered packs like Gahaz/Naga.

I know Ranger gets decent at Rabam/Absolute, but I cant get over the mana pot usage and feeling forced into getting max weight.

Mystic/Striker are fun for their mobility and bullshit heals. Tamer is fun for their attack speed, mobility, and cancels. But their mobility goes to shit with awakening until you learn all her skills.

Berserker is fun if you like grabbing everyone like a serial rapist. They're a bit mobile but only go one direction which is forward, to grab more pussy.

Ranger mana is much better now that Blasting Gust uses no mana outside of the initial use. It's only a bit slower than dashing to every pack but you can zero pot using Q cancel into packs

you'll need photoshop to get the tanlines to work.
if you don't have photoshop just post your discord name and I'll give you the file

you're still stamina gated which sucks major dick even if you have high breath etc.

you can get a .dds plugin for paint.net

Oh no, you can go back and do them any time. If you want to rush to 56 you can always go do them after you awaken.

That sounds like a trap to blackmail me user

Oh really? I didn't know such a plugin existed, thanks.
do you want to file or not? you can just make a throwaway discord account if you really want to.

Switching between dash and Q cancel is pretty easy on stamina, as long as you don't Q cancel too far it isn't inefficient at all.

Another user here, I've just started a new tamer alt and I feel like it's taking me ages to kill stuff compared to my maehwa(mobs of any level).
Am I fucking something up?

Spam Bolt+Jolt, use LBP during them.
Roaring/Void Lightning for larger packs once you get them. If you have a +15 weapon you can spam Roaring until Helms

Will try, thanks

Now players canĀ“t never catch me!

>Go to farm point
>Half dozen horses parked
>Wait a bit to switch channels
>Load in facing away from the parking lot
>Turn around and there's even more horses

Is this the true BDO endgame?

Why is Bares not considered good? Does the extra damage to all species not work as well as it seems?

I love this horse, I pass by him every time I go get logs.

Just reinstalled again.

I have a few classes around 50-60.

Kuno, Witch, or level mystic?

HOLY FUCK
O
L
Y

F
U
C
K

Kuno

Should I make alts?
How many would I need?
Is lifeskill level shared between alts?

Fill up every slot to start farming energy for NV/Pots

only 1 slot for once

Lifeskill levels are not shared across family, but you can turn energy from alts into a potion for your lifeskillers to use, or spam the night vendor with them.

I'm going to learn how to do it the hard way, It seems like I could do body writing which I'm much more interested in than tan lines.

Thanks for the offer though.

Is mystic not as fun?

I heard kuno wasn't that good in pvp...

Kuno is mediocre, I was just picking the most entertaining class out of the 3

You mean the worst class out of the 3

Fuck the tier lists, the only thing that matters is that you enjoy playing your character. If you don't you'll end up quitting a lot sooner.

lemme know on how you do, I'm actually interesting in body writing too.

I'm not even talking about a tier list, I'm talking about how it's not as easy to learn as the witch or mystic

That isn't what he was asking, that wasn't even mentioned in any of the posts.

All he did was ask what class he should play initially then followed up by asking if mystic was fun and she is. It's all relative to personal view but essentially simple and overpowered classes equate to being fun

>simple and overpowered classes equate to being fun
Witch is a perfect example of how this isn't true.