/mhg/ - Monster Hunter!

Toby edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/
↳A limited edition Rathalos PS4 Pro has been announced for sale outside of Japan. Check your local retailer for more details.
↳Weapon movesets: pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

mhworld.kiranico.com/monster/diablos
siliconera.com/2018/01/29/monster-hunter-world-might-add-character-creation-option-enough-fan-demand/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How the fuck do you get wyvern gems?
Seriously.

fucking hunt wyverns jesus christ

Kill them til they cough it up

So if it ends up being possible for dataminers to steal NPC faces, which NPC's face do you want most?

Reposting
Now that World is a thing will /mhg/ still play FU, P3rd or 4U or will this be a complete migration?

Poorfag here with shit PC and a Switch instead of a PS4

blast gunlance is actually life

Jesus christ Kirin

Hey guys, new player here. Just beat Xeno'jiva, where do I go to start the hard quests?

>Monster Hunter World is only good for creating buff Chad guys
Excuse me but um no sweetie ;)

Ah fuck I just realised my Rathalos armour is weak to lightning

Post more huntresses

4U is still the best

mhworld.kiranico.com/monster/diablos
>head and horns are now seperate hitzones

Buffcat, king of the Palicos.

>Don't go for negative affinity
is it not just basically less raw? if I have -20% affinity I do 20% less damage

It'll dominate like every new game that comes out but if you lurk you could probably find a room or so

Just give it some time. In a few weeks after everyone has beaten every monster in high rank they will start saying how shit this game is and how they'll go back to 4U.
I remember quite well how everyone defended Generations for the first days until they exhausted the content, even defending 4U's GQs.
3U and 4U are still the best ones too.

Please tell me there is a Weakness Exploit Gem

Considering theres no content in this game, and its way too easy to bother playing online, nobody is really going to migrate. Most people will play world for a weekend as a passing fancy then go back to the real games.

So I got the game for free on Friday, played it all week end, brought it back to a shop, sold it for 40€, bought this little baby.

WW@

>Purple iris because UNIQUE SNOWFLAKE
>So much eyeliner she looks like a panda

Awful.

>default lighting

>DS has a mini fade slash now
oh hell no this is amazing

NO

I LIVE
I CART
I LIVE AGAIN

Pls halp. Farm Ian for plate and make armor, or just screw it and finish LR with pukei armor? Is it even worth crafting LR armor? Everything is retarded easy and I use LBG anyways. Would like extra armor for spread shot spam but it's been no issue so far

post cute boy sliders

so far i've got the palico horn, and palico bug trap. which of those would you guys prefer and why? both seem really good to me

Where do you get the horn?

i believe it's the coral forest palico tribe iirc

So i cant joint a friend if hes doing an expedition?

>LR kirin pushing my shit in on the constant

Jesus this fight is hard/fun.

Also finally caught a queen wiggler. Shes so cute in my flower pot all wavey!!

I kind of feel like trying out SnS.

I'm not sure if I should go raw damage, or a specific elemental / status. How good is Blast for SnS?

This hair would be the best if the headband was lower.

Looks like what's her nuts from mythbusters

How the fuck do I finish searching for Nergigantr tracks in Elder's Recess? I got the bar almost filled and the Admiral said I could come back, I did, and it still says I have to investigate. And now I can't find any more, I've fucking scoured the area. I can't move forward from here it seems.

>3 plates and 1 gem
looks like it was my lucky day

Meat of the Matter. Camp 11. First drop down, with the rest of the Gloom Geckos.
Neat little dude.

It was like that for deviant Diablos, too

someone respond

I just hit high rank and Kirin is the only fight I've had to co-op. He's the real shitter check on this game.

Okay I am finally in HR, which Bow should I work towards?

>already have full set of nergigante armor +weapon in 3 days
Game is going to be dead next week

Stop calling my offspring a painting

Lterally got the same rewards from the one I just did

Spooky

How do I find Palico tribes? I've been scraping up the doodles but my bugs don't actually lead me anywhere.

were you in a 4-man? we might have been on the same squad
2 LS's and a Gunlance?

I was about to say "they always were" but realised I was thinking of the other monster with a tiny squishy head under a massive horn, Brachydios.

>carted twice 1st time solo
>1st time doing it in multi he literally 1 shot me at full 150 health with his lightning cluster super
Fuck, new respect to kirin sluts

Likewise. This is my first monster hunter and people were singing praises of MH endgame but there's barely anything to do

You can mark the Grimalkynes on the map screen and the Scoutflies will lead the way

What's the quickest way to get to a True Charged Slash with the Greatsword?

The way I do it is: Unsheath to charge attack > Tackle > Begin charging Strong Charged Slash > Tackle > Charge True Charged Slash

There must be a more efficient way.

Playtime?

The bug trap? The flashfly one? Hot garbage.

Okay, maybe that's just me but it was way more useful in the beta. When it levels up more, the cats start setting them off whenever they want. This shit straight up sucks for Los or Pao because when they get flashed they are immune to it for a little bit and the damn cats always flash them when they are already on the ground so once they do start flying around I can't fucking flash them out of the sky.

I mean it is useful. Cats are pretty accurate with it and flash pretty often but for flying monsters it makes the hunt a chore.

Just ordered PS4 Pro can't stand that shit framerate any second longer.

What the fuck is up with this Palico? Why is it named KILLYOU!!

World doesn't HAVE an endgame yet. Wait for the G-rank expansion.

How much of a bonus does kirin armor give to cap rewards? Is it worth it?

they palico's from people you've hunted with

Yeah. It leads to a pretty spicy infinite too.

where do I get fucium ore?

>t.U edition babies
1st time played an HR game?

Is there a better way to return to kinsect to me or do I have to do the recall kinsect option

>clear Xenonigger
>suddenly HR jumps from fucking 14 to 29
nani
did i just timeskipped or what

Guys help.
I think my beyblade is broken.

Yes, normies are buying this shit en masse. Don't worry, they will go back to their sportsball games soon, they've already paid the price for this game which will ensure it gets support and a sequel.

wasn't me

HR uncapps after xeno. If you did a bunch of quest before hand it'll jump up accordingly.

Pretty cool

siliconera.com/2018/01/29/monster-hunter-world-might-add-character-creation-option-enough-fan-demand/
>Based devs telling people to git gud at character creator

It keeps saying investigations added but investigations on the quest board are greyed out. What the fuck?

Join me on lvl 140 Kirin hunt in 4U then.

Talk to the research people for bounties and equip investigations.

disguising it as a full RPG and advertising the 50 hour story was a stroke of genius, I'm now realising. Normies will snap it up, normies will "finish" it in three weeks tops, normies will fuck off and normies will think they got what they paid for. It's the perennial /v/ audience but way, way bigger.

Oh so that's what it is. Does investigation counts or optionals only for it to increase?

>limping lagiana flies away
LMAO its fucking swimming in the air

Mediocre.

I think they just do that when they're nearly dead. It's happened to me in nearly every hunt with then

Where do you change your hair? I'm in my room, the honeymoon suite one

If you break its back it obviously doesn't have the spikes it needs for traction. It's not too hard to figure out.

Who the fuck will go back to a handheld after trying out the game where it was always suppose to be played in.

We have hope. Given PC version comse out in autumn this is the time period for Capcom to release all the dlc. After that maybe they'll do g rank dlc but anyhow in 2 years we'll have g-rank anyhow.
And normies are gone by then.

I know what you mean, caught it once and got an achievement a Rainbow Beetle or something.
Prism Hercudrome: only appears during dawn or twilight, on the trees between the Jyura rivers and swampland on Waste. Guy looks cool on my pot

I knew that. I just wanted to post a webm of it.

tfw been considering changing my NICE ROMAN shoutout to WITNESSED and adding a WITNESS ME shoutout as well recently because I feel like I exclusively use it to say "did you fucking see what I just did" and "don't worry, someone saw that shit you just did"

You broke it's back spikes. It can't roll as well.

If you so much as sneeze on him during that roll it trips him.

That's pretty retarded logic but yeah that's what happens

Guys, quick question
Should I focus on getting a singular stat maxed or jus tgetting a ton of stats?

Right now I have

Weakness Exploit Lv2
Slugger Lv3
Earplugs Lv4
Tremor Lv2

Should I instead go for

Weakness Exploit Lv3
Slugger 3

?

Hammer btw

Chest
Bottom option

>Slugger
no

Is there reason why 90% streamers main hammer?

How do I get that eyepatch with weakness exploit?

>Cap an Anji in an investigation for fangs
>4 MOTHERFUCKING PLATES
>1 fang
fucking really

elder dragon blood. Guess who gives that

Because hammer is pretty fucking nifty and as straightforward as weapons get.

It's not bad or anything, just easy to use once you get positioning down.

I wanna get into Insect Glaive and Bow, I'm at that bit where you gotta kill 3 Elder Dragons
Which Bow should I craft? And for IG I'm thinking of making the Odogaron one, is that a bad idea? AND WHICH BUG?

Which monster?

Spin and win.