/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood General

>4.2 Patch Notes

na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/75c691f90f4a7da3907f0671ac33e139e9792abf

>4.2 Trailer
youtu.be/_1tABKPBlJs

>Patch 4.2 teasers
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/patch/4_2

>Job Guide
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/jobguide/battle/

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells:
pastebin.com/raw/XiA3sXMb

last thread: →

ur gay

Is MNK finally v gud nao?

Post your character during the maintenance!

┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻|
┻┳|
┳┻| _
┻┳| •.•) naka
┳┻|⊂ノ bp
┻┳|

Looking for nice and friendly midlander to make into my wife irl.

Why not copy a bunch of the content variety that exists in FFXI? Why not bring back Hamlet Defense and get crafters/gatherers involved? Why don't we have blitzball yet? Why dont we have Mythic+ style dungeons for midcore content?

Do you think they'll ever add new Gatherer and Crafter jobs?

I wanna run a farm.

ippiki... couldn't you just stop renting out your current wife?

because it's easier to regurgitate shit that's already in this game and coast off cash shop items and fantasia whales

Most likely never ever

It's not "Diadem 3" in the sense that they're pushing what Diadem was.
It's "Diadem 3" in the sense that they're using the basic concept of a large instanced zone with mobs.
That's not "pushing it."

Got my dog yesterday morning~

>blitzball with these terrible servers
no

Don't forget to spam reddit data-mined shit, Epperson. We don't have access to the internet.

Which ebins have nice voices

oof no wonder he stopped posting

If they did they'd have people complaining about that. The only way to avoid complaints about reusing content would be if they released a fuck ton of original content beside the old stuff

not elk

black cat from odin

Thanks, ideas guy! I didn't realize all you needed to do was wave a magic wand and suddenly entire new games systems are coded and implemented into the game!
>Why not bring back Hamlet Defense and get crafters/gatherers involved?
Because they were bad. They're basically the same exact thing as leves except you can only "hand-in" at a specific location on the overworld.
>Why don't we have blitzball yet?
Because you can't just poof an entire mini-game into the game with magic.
>Why dont we have Mythic+ style dungeons for midcore content?
Because the jobs aren't made to do that kind of content

>farms come out
>limited plots
>it's housing all over again

he's probably sleeping to wake up in time and """""""""contribute""""""

very cute onahole, post more

I think Yoshi talked about that once and said something like they would only do it if they could do something really special with it, so probably never.
I do wish there was some kind of dressing/ranching gathering job that would let you more reliably gather bits of mobs, though.

so who's ready for those fat lagcleaves

I like complaining about game related posts too.
Post more avatars!

I want to wear a naked apron and serve breakfast to my elezen valentine!

Booored

To be honest, hamlet defense can be reworked. It could instead be something akin to the airships where an fc is tasked with guarding an area and they get weekly bonuses for doing so. Failure making them retake the spot by fighting a boss that grows in power as weeks go by.

it was actually the day during maintenence

I can't wait to miss the 5th cleave during the Inner Beast window because I live on the east coast!

Except they're not. You could easily fashion Hamlet Defense into group instanced content where you do tower defense against increasing waves of beast tribes or Garleans. Having crafters make traps, walls, barricades and food and gatherers turn in supplies to make things and give buffs for having good rations ready. Stop defending a lack of creativity and effort with this mantra of "Oh Square is just a small indie company they definitely can't afford to pay people to make new things!"

Elk

Fuck off idea guys last warning. The game is perfect as is.

*worships my clay imprint of Bnhaka's soles* Aahn~

the catboy i was talking in voice with last night

Whenever I see your face I take my finger and try to remove that mole of my screen.

before*

What? No it's not.

Mottone Fuckyou!

Do not do that, it's a beauty mark

it would be literally pointless to because there's nothing left to add that isn't already covered by something that's in the game already.

the fact that you have no actual idea for what they could introduce says enough.

are you that catboy? vocaroo pls or repost the one you did...

Could be neat, but it would likely be tedious if there weren't multiple bosses with fairly punishing/unique mechanics (which would never happen).

>Except they're not. You could easily fashion Hamlet Defense into group instanced content where you do tower defense against increasing waves of beast tribes or Garleans
If you want to kill waves of mindless trash you have maps for that.
>Having crafters make traps, walls, barricades
And would you suggest these work, exactly?
>Stop defending a lack of creativity and effort with this mantra of "Oh Square is just a small indie company they definitely can't afford to pay people to make new things!"
Stop the "indie company" meme. It doesn't matter how large the development team is they still have deadlines. They can only do so much within a certain time frame.

XD

Yes it is. The developers are trying their hardest to keep pace with adding content. They literally cant add any more or anything new. You think you can just spout off ideas that sound cool without having any explanation of how they can afford or make time for it.

Im a lalafell not a onahole dummy, i have legs and arms.

>The developers are trying their hardest to keep pace with adding content. They literally cant add any more or anything new.
LMAO

the original file name was way better

im basically dante if dante used the midan metal great sword

How can half of you post be obvious bait while the other half is actually reasonable?

would have a point if the game used to have more content at the same update pace. the amount of content we've been getting has steadily gone downward while cash shop options (not actual content) has gone steadily up. they get more money for less work.

Not sure if I should play some dbfz or more xrd

what was it

Is it at all likely that the maintenance will end early?

My wife~

>
nyes that's me let's play a game instead

Who are you...

he was such a cutie back then, wtf happened

I can make you into an onahole

Because were mocking the guy you claim is reasonable. A drone is just as bad as an idea guy.

ew you look like a clown lol
fucking gross ass kefka looking bitch

Remember to tickle torture your loved ones for fun!

your body is an onahole and your arms and legs are useless noodly appendages

Please put a veil over your feet and let me kiss them

>he amount of content we've been getting has steadily gone downward
Except it hasn't. I don't know where this idea came from.
>while cash shop options (not actual content) has gone steadily up
The cash shop has little to do with the dev team and more to do with SE's executives. Please don't tell me you're one of those people who think cash shop sales go back into FFXIV's development.

You have no idea what a "drone" is.
I've mocked the devs decisions quite a bit, but I'm also reasonable enough to understand what is and isn't possible.

Some stupid cat on balmung

but your voice is qt blease

No..

>You're a drone for asking people how they expect to just frivolously add whatever content comes to mind
>Why dont the devs just add infinite content?!

I want Banana to collar me like a dirty lost dog and sit on a comfy chair while I lap the dirt and filth from between their toes!

How can one claim to not be a drone yet deny the quality and quantity of content has been going down? It astounds the mind.

I guess I'll join in

That's gross.

Final last warning. Stop criticizing XIV and Yoshi. The content is perfection.

lets compare 2.1 to 4.1 then

3 dungeons vs 1
4 trials vs 1
dumb story vs dumb story
1 alliance raid vs 1 alliance raid (i actually think rabanastre is the better raid desu)
relics to grind vs no relics
4.1 got ultimate i guess but thats inaccessible to small groups of 2-3.

so no, you are an idiot.

Because "quality" is subjective and quantity is a lie.
The only person who claims that there's less content is a person who thinks we need 3 dungeons every patch.
We've lost dungeons so they could focus development time on Ultimate, Diadem, PoTD, etc. I'd much rather have them focus on new content rather than faceroll dungeons.

Please stop, i just want to enjoy matinence with arms and legs still attached to my body please

BBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

snnnnniiiiiiffffffffffff...oh yes Poyo ....sssnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiiffffffff....quite pungent indeed...is that....dare I say....sssssssnniff...eggs I smell?......sniff sniff....hmmm...yes...quite so Poyo....sniff....quite pungent eggs yes very much so .....ssssssssssssssnnnnnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiffffff....ah yes...and also....a hint of....sniff....cheese.....quite wet Poyo-san....sniff...but of yes...this will do nicely....sniff.....please Poyo....another if you please....nice a big now....

BBBBBBRRRRRRRAAAAAAAPPPPPPPFFFFFFFFLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPFFFFFF

Oh yes...very good!....very sloppy and wet Poyo....hmmmmm...is that a drop of nugget I see on the rim?...hmmmm.....let me.....let me just have a little taste before the sniff Poyo

you can keep those useless arms and legs, I just need lalatummy

>lets compare 2.1 to 4.1 then
I don't even need to read the rest of the post to tell you you're retarded, and I actually expected someone to do this.
2.1 was a large patch because 2.1 was filled with delayed content.
A large number of trials and Crystal Tower were all meant to be released with 2.0.
Ever wonder why we've never gotten a patch that big ever again? I'm sure it's some conspiracy where they immediately started do less for more money months after 2.1.

>tfw want someone to do this to me really badly

please kill yourself

SHOW TUMMY
T U M M Y
U
M
M
YUMMY TUMMY

post male au ra I need this badly

okay lets compare 2.2 to 4.2

2 extreme trials vs 1 trial
3 dungeons vs 2

there was also relic shit to grind out. don't whine about muh 4.25 because that isnt out yet and i won't go into second coil being the best raids the game has ever seen.

*squat*
*WHIIIIIIIRRRRRRRR*
*Oh no... Not again!!*
*THUNK*
*PLEASE! I NEED MY MOONIES*
*SCRRRATTTTCCHHH*
*AAAHHHHHH HELP! I'M GETTING SUCKED IN!*
*GOOOOOTH GFFFFFFFFF*
*GRLSHSHSHS*
*HELPERCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT*
*AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH*
*dabing*
*SEFRA IS A GI-*
*Aaaaaahhhhh-.....*
*SSSHHHLLPP*
*IT FUCKING HURTS*
*WHIIIIIIRRR-RRrrrrrrrrrrr r r r*
*brap*
*walks away*

I NEED TO TAKE A SHIT
*SQUUUOOORRRRTTLOOORRRRLLAPPAPAPPAPPAPPAPAA BORRRRT BORRRRT*
*BRROOMMMFPFPPPPFFFOORORRRRRRRRRASSSSSSSSSSQUOQUOQUOQUOQUQOUQOUSSSQUOQUSOQSUPLAPAPAPAPPAPAP SPLAT SPLAT SPLPLLLSLSLLSLSLLSSHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOODODOOODOOODOOODOOODODDXXXUSUCKSUCKSUCKSUCKSUCKSUCK* *BORRRRRRRRRRRRRTTLOROROLFLSOOFOFSLSLSSSSFFFFORRP FORP FORPP FORP FORRRRR-RRRRR -RRRRR -RRRRPPPPPAPAPAPAPAPPAPAPPPPAAAALOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL* *ROWWWLOPP BORRT BUOOORRRPP BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPNNNNNFFFFFOOOOOOORRRPPLPLFHJJHHFSBRLB BLORRRRRRRRRRRRTOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL* *BRAP BRAP BRAP* *BRAAAAAAP BRAP BRAP BRAPPPP*

ughh.... PIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
*SPLOP SPLOP SPLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOPPPPOPOPLOLOLOLOLOLPP SPORRRROOOLORORLLLTLLTLT BRROOOOOAAAKKQUUOOPOPOPOPOPOPOPOPPIPIPIPIPIPI* *FSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSST* *FSSSSSSSSssssssssssss* *wipes*
*PARRRRRRRRRP BRROOOOOPOPOOPOPOPOP BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP*

*stand up*
oh... OH NO NO NO NONON ONO ONNO
*sit down*
*inhales*

UHHHHHHH *FRRPRPFPPPRPPRFDPPPPFPFPPFPFPFP *PLOP* *PLOP* *PLOP* *PLOP* *PLOP* FFRFRRRPRPPPPPP BRAAAAAAAMMMMMMP* *BLOOOOOOOORRRRRRRPRPPP NUUUUUUUOOOOOOORRRRRRRRTTTTTT NUORTOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLLOL* *SKWASWAKSWAKSKAWSKKSAKS* *BRAP*

UGH

Ugh... fuck... HERE COMES ANOTHER MOONIE
*SQUELCH BROP BRIMPF TARP NUORP BROOT LOOF QUORMPF BRAPPPPPPPPPPRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr*

*wipes*
*flush*

Ahhhhhhhhh....

why do you keep posting this kanpan

I hope Stratos gets a whole stack of shopping carts to run him up against the wall and suffocate him to death. He deserves a fate worse than death.

Yes~