/mbg/ - Mount & Blade General

THANK YEW edition.

(Looted) thread: READ THE PASTEBIN BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

LATEST BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS:

Captain MP mode gamplay :
youtube.com/watch?v=c_3el4IAevg
youtube.com/watch?v=JaUBg7Ynmwk

Last blog:
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/42

OLDER BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS: See Pastebin/the sub-forum

PASTEBIN: pastebin.com/XKxeZX5r

M&B Wiki: mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_and_Blade_Wiki

NOOB GUIDE: imgur.com/a/FMAqV

>user's mods and upstab guide:
pastebin.com/agwZu9Df

>/mbg/ Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/mountandbladevg

New Modules :
>Custom Troop Trees
moddb.com/mods/custom-troop-trees/downloads/custom-troop-trees-03092017
>CTT for Dickplomacy+Polygamy Bugfix
mega.nz/#!dgQSlKhY!qudd7noj5rQHfagLq-adDzn1c7X3HHawmA3TbCy0CH0
>Colorized & Retextured Native UI (finally)
mega.nz/#!M0NGlZ6C!XV6LDLkdMjIGjHZq0kLfFaqZ8J2N8ibW_XBrrLgkom4

>"I made a mod recently or updated it. Wat do?"
Link to the OP in your post so that it might be easier to find for the one making the next OP (also for regular people)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EvKJcxa8x_g
youtube.com/watch?v=xhHfiAy0bWk
forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?action=profile;u=478780
youtube.com/watch?v=CWtO2QvSAiw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

ENGLISH LONGBOW

SO HERE YOU GOT YA LONGBOW
youtube.com/watch?v=EvKJcxa8x_g

cactus belong on dick

Memes.

youtube.com/watch?v=xhHfiAy0bWk

i mean i get what they were going for with that but goddamn it still ugly

>bashing early 15th century german fashion
truly the sign of a serf

at least i'm just a serf and not a sodomite

is he trying to imitate the Mexican animal warriors with his dress?

>"Desert Bandit uses Jarid!"
You have been knocked unconscious
>"It's super effective!"

>Longbows
Pfft!

should I join a mainland faction in VC

Not sure if the ai will be up to the overseas factions actually doing anything other than patrolling their land

Northumbria is your best bet if you're a viking

also a good faction for a christian if you want to do a claimant

Mainland is the safest bet, I have seen denmark take a saxon castle once, never even seen the franks or the norwegians ever reaching brittania, even laithlind usually gets its shit pushed in because of the distances involved

in my game the danes actually took a lot of land but it took till around 1000 days for them to actually start doing shit, otherwise they'd just come to dunwic on occasion and take a castle or two and then leave, then we'd take it back ad infinitum
the norwegians are similar but they tend to do stuff sooner, and they focus more northward, taking a lot of pictland, though they have a lot of land around bamburgh now
the frisians do fuckall
laithland just gets fucked in the ass until they only have orkney and nobody can be bothered to take it

Laithlind just seems generally inept, every playthrough they get fucked

I'm posting Cao Cao in honour of the poster who was posting in honour of the original Cao Cao poster until we get a good Romance of the three kingdoms mod.

forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?action=profile;u=478780
The witch is dead

Anyone have a link to that shitty dynasty warriors mod?

oh shit, what did he do?

Nevermind, it's a fake account.

/r/ing Cozur

damn user, got my hopes up for nothing

What about the new total war game?

joining denmark and trying to get a bunch of norwegian land could work as a way to set yourself up for a very safe independent kingdom start

actually if you do this with frisia it's ideal, there's only 3 takeable fiefs there

ur fault for not being predictable for your allies

frisa's hilarious for playing defensive because you can hold the entire land just by garrisoning the captial

i think dorestad has more villages than other towns too, iirc every town in VC only has two villages, but dorestad has 3

Has Medieval Conquests fixed its shit yet? Christ what an incompetent modder.

I feel like I’ve been seeing more VC players lately. What are some submods/tweaks you use? I’ve only used the one from the forum, it’s an 80+ tweak module. I feel like there has to be better options out there.

Dorestad only has two. I’ve started an my own kingdom before by doing a coastal raid to take it over. Coastal raids are dope, beats having to lay siege and run men into the meat grinder. The naval combat does leave a bit to be desired. Will there be boats (and hos) in bannerlords 2?

submods are literally cheating

so, my sources tell me that 2018 might actually finally be the year of bannerlord. no precise details yet but the new forum update is leaked to be coming very soon, and it's been previously confirmed that that would be shortly before bannerlord itself.

in other news, the community manager is still a twat.

Guys wait someone posted this picture in regards to steppe/nord waifus in the last thread and i was at work so i couldn't ask for source. Image search shows nothing what's it from?

Also to keep this M&B related i'm trying to marry a swadian waifu but Harlaus is being a cuck and won't peace me despite the fact that the castle i took didn't belong to them(at the time) I took it from the Kergits and they've already peaced me so i'm half tempted to go after a steppe cutie instead. Who alliance with? Should i keep kicking swadian ass till they offer peace or should i just say fuck it?

oh it's the castle kenemmer that's unique, since it has two villages
yeah coastal raids are kind of broken but they can be fun to do
>Will there be boats (and hos) in bannerlords 2?
i think they said maybe later but not at launch

Parody Doujinshi of A Bride's Story manga from what it looks like.

But Armagan is my uncle and he's telling me Bannerlord isn't coming out until maybe 2022

Still motherfucking Danish noblewomen in Paris, holy shit this dumbass must be smoking crack.

>start as King of France because I fucking can
>go to see who the fuck is in my court and have them call me Sieur
>there's several countesses
>all of them threaten me to surrender or die
I like a lot of what MC is trying to do but fucking hell, 1257 Modded for all it's faults is STILL superior

believe me or not, I don't care. just relaying some information from the admin boards

rrreeee fuck you for wanting to have fun or add features

Wish this mod didn't had retarded filter at night

>over 5 years and all they have to show for is a polished up looking warband
>not even close to release

why are kebabs so lazy?

Is there a mod that plays nicely with not good PCs? I can run everything on high on a Native Warband with 150 per battle but I go play Perisno with the same 150 and I get nonstop stutters.

Gekonewer and all of the Diplomacy variants should run just fine

Thx mang
Welp i decided to search for a kergit lady and the one i founds rep went up to 12 when i told her i admired her. Looks like i'm getting some steppe puss soon

You'd make 1257 Welsh user proud.

>night
did you already check its mb.fx?

yes, that woman and her hairstyle is definitely ugly

It has the potential to be better than 1257AD if he fixes the bugs.
I started a Baltic campaign earlier but had to stop due to bugs. The only real strength that the pagan Balts have is their javelin spam. But oh boy is that some shit. A low level javelin unit can do over 300 damage with one. But instead of fixing the damage, he makes throwing javelins extremely inaccurate to the point where you can miss from 10 feet away. I just ragequit when I assaulted a castle and had to deal with the javelin spam. It instantly destroys a shield and the units get 10 of them. There's also a small issue with random ladies sitting in your court and telling you to surrender or die, but that's not game breaking. Another one is that the game generates family members for you, and your sisters are in foreign courts but you can't see them when you go there. It's sad because it would be nice to marry them off for alliances. Brothers work well at least, and they already have +20 relations with you at the start.

If he fixed the bugs it would be clearly better. The new decapitation function works well; there's a chance to permanently kill an enemy lord if you hit him hard enough in the head while in battle. Also works for regular foot troops. There's also music that changes depending on where you are. Because I was playing in the Teutonic area, I had this music playing in battles:
youtube.com/watch?v=CWtO2QvSAiw
The music changes not just for battles but for the overhead map too depending on which area you are in.

>Still no ancient mythology mod with monsters and heroes a la Age of Mythology.

Custom skeletons and animations cannot come soon enough.

This is Rhodok soil

will bannerlord simulate whistleblowers and whistleblowing wrongdoings of your medieval government?

>tfw played permadeath and kept losing
>quit after a while
>say fuck it I want to make it
>actually made it
>I'm now the strongest lord in the strongest faction
>always chosen marshall
>literally can't lose anymore because of my army unless I voluntarily decide to commit seppuku
>game is starting to get boring and repetetive now
>faction goes to war against us
>gets wiped out
>x10

Welp

Oh yes it has some genius parts to it but right now it has some crippling, blatant issues that still make it 1257's vast inferior.

For now, French knight run baby.

Elaborate on the ways MQ is better than 1257AD

It literally isn't, it has ruining bugs and sloppiness all over it. It has loads of welcome quality of life shit thats swamped by the dev's fuck ups. Its not even worth looking at right now in its state.

>first time playing VC
>raid christian monasteries because why not
>get a quest chain where I have to meet some dude in a town
>he's in the lord's hall
>which I can't access because the lord is hostile to me for mistreating christians

well there goes this playthrough, thanks boringblanda team

the good old days of yore

remember ginge?

>Warband was released on March 30, 2010
B-ba-Bannerlord soon right goys?

There are waiting for the anniversary to announce the date right hahaha those sentimental roaches almost got me

look at them celebrating the feast in the background

remember warrider?

a turk, a computer, a basement, and a dream...

Is this from dickplo?

whoreband, ancient text only mod

>God
Not Allah,this wouldn't fly in Erdogans modern Turkey today

Were you the autistic eyepatch guy

I'm not sure where you read in there that MQ was better

there have been some top tier sexmods for this game

Is this an early version of Mountain Blade?

Allah is just Arabic for God

yes

Shouldnt Zendar show up in Bannerlord since its set before Warband

remember zombie harlaus?
"You! I had not recognized you before... I remember now. You are that traitor who killed me in my sleep... You wretched demon! You disloyal dog! You dare to murder your king! I am your lord! Your master!"
"You are wrong undead king. I swore loyality to another lord."
"You've gone completely nuts haven't you?"
"But you have failed... You can not kill a god you stupid mortal! I have returned to cast my holy anger on you and your kind. I will cleanse this world of your treason even if I have to cut down every living man woman and child."
"King Harlaus! Look at me! You are not a god, you are just some stubborn undead king and truth be told, I am fed up with you. So pack your worm infested bones, I am going to send you back to your darkness."
"Argh... This can't be.... Not again..."
"Stop complaining for once and die will you!"
"This is not over! I will come back.... Yes, some necromancer somewhere sometime will resurrect me again... Do you hear me... I am going to reign again!"
"Not this time undead king. I will cut you to a thousand pieces and burn each one of them down. There will be nothing left from you to resurrect."
"Damn you! Damn you! .... My curse on you warrior! Ancient ones... Dark ones... Hear my death wish... Feel my hatred... I, King Harlaus, ................ curse ...... this mortal... ..... Aarghhhhhh.... .................."
"Uhm... I hope no dark god heard that one."
"Mystical place... Lunar eclipse... Curse of the undead king..."
"What can I say?... Guess I will just have to wait and see..."

i fear that we're too far gone
the deep lore is no longer remembered

>getting to the point in my play through that it’s just turning into map painting
>don’t have autism

Going to do a play through of VC. What should I expect/know? I know that for example archers/crossbow men aren’t OP and there isn’t as much cav/cav archers. Any good tweaks/mods you recommend?

wrong

>whoreband
moar

Then why do Arab Christians call their God, Allah

I think Zendar is something they want to put behind them
Really happy they didn't go down this path

that's all i have unfortunately
i have a lot more of these though

Is it downloadable?

That one he just posted is Warwolf I'm pretty sure

sadly, i'm pretty sure it died long ago

I’ve played VC a good bit, but the religion shit is still kind of a mystery to me. The conversion shrines you can built in cities doesn’t do shit for me other thank make the town hate me.
>see group of masterless men
>priests, farmers, peasant women
>have berserker, nord bodyguard as prisoners
>attack them
>-5 relation with Christians

That's sad

>sadly, i'm pretty sure it died long ago

i think it's warphilia, but it could be warwolf
these aren't mine honestly, i just saved them a few years ago because i found them amusing

truly

I always get the two mixed up

I don't think it's dead but if it is, it wasn't that great. A lot of confusing systems in extremely broken English.

Yeah
rule one of m&b modding: if you want adult content written in understandable english, tone down the sexuality and make it darker

What would you do in this situation?

Leave them be so my honor doesn't tank and make all the lords hate me

that was incredibly readable
kudos to those guys

Dickplomacy is the only good adult mod for M&B but I know more will come with Bannerlord, and with it will come the waifufags. I am predicting this now: we will become the new /tesg/