/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Bring back our bois edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/
↳A limited edition Rathalos PS4 Pro has been announced for sale outside of Japan. Check your local retailer for more details.
↳Weapon movesets: pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

clips.twotch.tv/ProudSolidPandaBrainSlug
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Are there any numbers for the bowgun customizations?

i'm new to mh

is it viable to use a low rank armor set i like for the whole game if i upgrade it?

I hate Nergigante. Anyone on Xbox want to help me please?

bros... we need to compile an endemic life capture guide and put it in the OP...

>girlfriend's first MonHun
>we hunt until 1 in the morning last night
>she keeps playing while I'm at work
>just solo'd Anjanath without carting

Quick guys, I need suggestions on proposing.

you can only upgrde armor so much. you'll have to upgrade eventually.

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE PLEASE GOD EXPLAIN THE EFFECT THE SKILL 'AIRBORNE' HAS ON THE IG??? DOES IT EFFECT THE AERIAL ATTACK OR NOT???

No, you will have to upgrade to high rank armor both for skills and defense.

>miss the stake attack on my gunlance
JUST GONNA TAKE A LITTLE BREAK TO SHARPEN HHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I feel this general isn't making enough webms
Surely you guys have recorded cool shit you've done with your favourite weapon, right /mhg/ ?

when do I unlock pvp?

Have they always been somewhat lazy with HR armor sets? Some of them barely look any different from their LR.

After you get zora magdrhos to fuck off you unlock high rank armor and it's the same thing but better stats. Low rank is just so you can take on the early shit and fight easier high ranks later

Huntresses

You'll have to upgrade once you hit high rank but you can make that exact set in high rank but with the same or more skills.

No. Go naked. Armor is for the weak.

>you will never powershot rapid 5 ever again

>Kulu Ya Ku hunt
>Barroth gets involved
>The Grimalkynes get involved, netting Barroth
>I go to attack Kulu
>He's got a rock and is teaming up with everyone to attack the Barroth
God damn it bros. I left the quest. Why is he so based?

what wep? It's pretty

How do I use the bow correctly? It just feels like my only real move to use is dragon piercer and repeat until dead

>augmenting options
>20 raw
>10% affinity
>10 defense
>1 slot
>lifesteal

Am I the only one who sees something obviously wrong with this?

someone post a session I wanna play with my bros

Can anyone give me advice on how to use Lance?
What are the bread and butter moves of lance and what armor skills should I get for it?

mood lighting the huntresses

ohhhh okay the other anons made it sound like I couldn't use the same armor anymore. Nice

what are the best rarity 3 armor pieces?

Dress her up in a kirin outfit and you dress up as a big bad elder dragon then dick her down till she cant move then whip the ring at her. Duh.

Kirin just buttfucked me with his 3ft long horse penis. First time I got a game over all game. How do I beat him? He's immune to my traps and the lighting blast is almost a one-hit kill if I'm unlucky enough to be in a spot I can't dodge out of.

How are people doing this elemental discharge into mount thing?

The fps on a normal PS4 are just a joke. What were they thinking man.

>tfw been playing MH for 10 years now and don't know if I'll be able to adapt to MHW massive changes to the series
I don't hate it, I'm just afraid of playing it then realizing that this series isn't for me anymore

I would make webms but no one is interested in watching lance gameplay

So I just killed the bloodborne boss, now I need to go back to ancient forest, how close am I to HR?

When you do arena, does the timer start when you load in or when you engage the monster?

hammer her head

Is shelling bad again?

Honestly the biggest change in World is being able to once again get in the mindset of harvesting everything you see.

Is it like 4U where impact is almost always the only type of CB phial to use? There's a lot of decent looking element phial CBs in LR.

>No gunner's armor in world
Not even cute brown huntresses can fill the void.

SnSfags, am i the only one who often ends up doing a backstep then slash instead of the charge attack when i pull my stick back and press O? What am I doing wrong (outside of using sns)

anyone wanna do some odogaron hunts on ps4?
i want the fucking belt but cant get a gem to drop.

So is it just better to disable lock on entirely? This shit is unbelievably bad when activated, who thought this was a good idea?

That PS5 was supposed to be out by now but they got punked by Sony.
But hey World sold 5 million in 3 days so MonHun is on console and PC now so get used to it.

Why is it that I can't find any online arena quests? And nobody will join me when I host one. PS4 btw

so ive fallen in love with the hammer, and this game

what are some armor skills i should go for?
ive been grabbing evade window/extender and some marathon or constitution to help with stamina

should i get sharpness/handicraft on a hammer? what about slugger or defensive stuff

No weapon is uncool man
Especially lance,i've seen some pretty neat shit, like that guy sprinting towards a vertical surface, sprinting a good 5 meters on it then bouncing back to stab a monster in the face and down it

Post pls I'm interested in playing lance

>mfw after playing bow for the first time after watching a guide
>Those charged shots ripping monster parts appart
>Dodge like a boss and CHAD stabs with arrows
Never knew all the fun I was missing by sticking to GS only. I'm loving this

*shipped

gun lance gameplay looks cool sometimes
Normal lance is just side jump poke though

>female tzi-tzi headgear is a cute bandana with ears
>male tzi-tzi is a fucking retarded looking rebreather
make it stop

Bitch if you think Odogaron was Bloodborne you ain't seen nothing yet.

Load in. Move that ass, fuckboi.

Blazing better? i haven't looked into the affinity stuff yet

>me and 3 nips hunting tobi
>there's a nip gunner
>he does nothing but spam slicing S and clust on what felt like a tiny crown microscopic tobi
I was playing LS and I legit couldn't get spirit bar to white the entire hunt before being blown away by some stupid shit, 2 bombs wasn't enough.

I only have my little clip of trying to steal Rathian's egg, but it's partly in russian and not even that funny. So no.
Here you go anyway clips.twotch.tv/ProudSolidPandaBrainSlug
Sorry

Someone tell me this is bait. My gut says it's not

No one is doing arena stuff.

>shipped digital
hottest new memes

What? Charge it?

I like the Lulu set

Still trash, all consoles are always running their shit at disgusting 30 fps no matter the technology

Can I turn off the constant "... has joined the session" pings and shit on the side?
I don't even have PS+ jesus.

30FPS is more cinematic.
The human eye can't see past 30FPS anyways.

The sets you like look bad

ill do arena with you user
post session

It's useful for some things like when doggo spazzes out and repeatedly jumps over your head.
user, the article specifically said shipped and digital. It's textbook weasel words despite the game no doubt being quite successful.

Are you kidding
That was hilarious bratishka

Because I solo them. Got tired of dumb fucks in past MH who would pick the same weapon I did after I waited for them to choose.

Are they gonna restock those monster hunter PS4 pros?

>people whining about investigating PinkRath
>expect HR to be super boring because of it
>find all the clues by the time I get my first purple tier armor set

Jesus you guys just complain to have something to write don't you

Crapcom fucked multi hard, you have to be in a lobby to join the game. You've got three options- start the game by creating a private lobby with a random passcode so you're the only one in it, disconnect your internet/disconnect your PS4 from the internet, or idle 30 minutes to automatically disconnect.

Post cute male hunters righ meow.

You basically hit the monster with it

until it dies

handicraft, attack, weakness exploit, slugger, earplugs

Do traps not affect Kirin?

I put him in a pitfall trap and he just kept zapping me!!

what the fuck do you do after killing ayylmao

how do you get access to tempered monsters

>30FPS is more cinematic.
I like this meme

NO

>Anyone on Xbox
kek

cute

I think Monster Hunter could use some PvP elements. Maybe not directly fighting each other, but races to kill a monster in an arena or maybe introduce monster poaching.

i dunno it feels like regardles sof whether i press O or hold it down my char will sometimes do the upwards slash and not the launching attack

Nya

Hit shit with sword mode. That will supercharge the sword for a while, making it deal extra damage. It also makes it so you latch onto the monster if you hit with the initial thrust.

>Make armor based around evasion.
>Up poke and sidestep your way to hr999

no, traps don't effect elder dragons

Nah, element is meta. Exhaust is still fun for bullying the fuck out of monsters but it's not as fast anymore.

- affinity is very bad in most cases, especially DBs

What's the fastest way to get the Tailraider Safari to come back? I want to farm Sinister Cloth for the Edgelord armor

>Kirin
>Elder Dragon

Reminder that if you use bow and spam Dragon piercer with power coating, you are cancer.

Does the shamos armor have more than one piece available or is it only the sweet goggles? I've been killing these shits for like half an hour and so far I can only make the goggles

they tried it in Dos and never returned to it

Legiana's tail slam is such bullshit, until you learn its tell then it's the easiest thing in the world to evade.

Absolutely not

>captured bazel
>doesnt show up in astera
fuck you too game

>is it like 4U where Element is so broken it rapes monsters weak to it