/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

How Hard Is It to Make A New Thread? Edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/
↳A limited edition Rathalos PS4 Pro has been announced for sale outside of Japan. Check your local retailer for more details.
↳Weapon movesets: pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread:

Where the squads at?

guys whats the long GL bnb combo? i'm guessing i should never full burst so should i just be spamming the lance swings and wyvernfire? should i even shell at all?

Huntresses

What armor should I be farming in High Rank?

NARGACUGA WHEN???????
NOT SOON ENOUGH

Post Gammoth

*carpet bombs your path*

After Mizu girl

>wyvernfire
lol

When will the Futa Rathian dlc be out?

>all the guys on twitch are on high rank
>all the girls on twitch are still stuck on low rank

i know EXACTLY what i expected

Guildcards

>found a HUGE rathian on an expedition
>not even a crown
it was 1912. how close was that?

Holy shit, mounting is much harder in HR

So I've slayed HR Odo about 5 times now, but his investigation quest still won't show up. What gives? Do I have to collect tracks as well?

who do i get wyvern bonemass from?

>tfw Monster Hunter World could of been 5x better on Switch

Can anyone help me with Kushala? On PS4

>Just killed pink rath
How much more content do I have left?

you should be spamming the fuck out of the full burst sweep stake combo.

When the hell do we unlock the quest to hunt this guy?

So are ALL of the large monsters part of the story or what?

Yeah

like 20 hours

even with longs? wouldnt that combo just be better with normals?

answer please
I got one somewhere, was it rathian??

Final Nerg GS is a fugly axe
I want to play GreatSWORD
Yaaamerooooo.png

I guess maybe I have fucking amnesia because I don't remember getting 1 shot KO'd by shit this often in the older games.

If I get max handicraft will the white sharpness+15% affinity on the Xeno weapon end up being better than the nergi weapon even though it has 100 less raw damage?

5x worse
It probably would've had underwater combat and touch screen gimmicks too

Yeah investigation chance is based on research.

If only there was a monster that's covered in bones...

>Retarded Monster Hunter "veterans" are more insufferable and spread more misinformation than greenhorns.
It's a different game, you fucking idiots.

Dude you haven't even hit the Everstream. Place is chick full of monsters and is actually really unique. Azure Rathalos, Lavasioth, Uragaan and the best monster in the game (Dodogama) reside there.

Do you think he will be added at some point? I’m really into him but never got to fight one.

Jesus Christ if you have a team of 4 competent people Zorah just fucking melts. He didn't even hit the ramparts once.

>56 hours in
>HR 12
February is gonna be fun.

Upgrade your armour and it's easy.

Not bad considering I'm already over 40 hours into my run. That's more than I expected.

Dodo looks like he eats crayons all day

phials scale off of raw, so no

That's what I'm trying to math out right now.
Handicraft and Crit Bonus might push the Xeno weapon to be better

>iron ore
where the fuck do i get this shit exactly? I just hit high rank and not a single monster has dropped any, even the rock looking ones...

Which do you guys think is better? I'm leaning towards diablos for the raw, but lightning is pretty good as far as elemental goes

However much you want. There's no definite number of hours you can put in a MH game

Longs should just focus on melee attacks since their Wyvern Fire is stronger and takes the place of fullburst.

Wides shouldn't be crafted.

What do blue and white sharpness do?

Don't listen to faggots user. Also there's a final Paratoad variant called a Nitrotoad.

I mean I'm aware of that I've played since 3U. I was just asking in a general sense of the story and fresh monsters.

Have you tried hitting actual rocks

You...mine it.

Have you not mined anything yet?

>tfw want to see HD armor set
>tfw it would probably take a long time to see it to make a snow biome, monsters and boss HD too

D L C
PC mods

Make both and use tobi on monsters weak to thunder obviously

Does anyone know the Sharpness modifiers and if there are any hitzones where you would benefit from white over blue?

Is this a joke? Check any lr mining spot. Even hr ones have it.

Can I make my pouch bigger?

Fuck Gammoth, she was the only one of the 4 to ever give me trouble and that's only because her hitboxes are fucking massive

stuff things in your wide open butthole instead

should be big enough after all the monster cocks that have been in there

No. Learn to only take what's necessary and drop off the shit you gather after every quest.

Anyone have the concept art image of the 6-8 armor sets lined up from left to right
I remember loving the set all the way to the right, but still haven't found it yet ingame

it multiplies the damage and makes it more resistant to bouncing off body parts. The lava fish will constantly make your attacks bounce if you don't have at least blue sharpness

and every color above yellow multiplies the damage. green is multiplied by 1.05, blue is 1.2 white is 1.32 unless they changed the formula

Guys.... try not to gasp at Tom Perry's incredible life story.

epic post haha #got em

how do I get the aloy armor? I have the watcher set for my palico already but cant see where the armor is for my hunter

So I haven't played since 4U. How's lance? Still just stab stab slide all day? Did they put the infinite chain back in or add anything interesting to the kit?

Please guys I need help this guy is tilting me hard

Lavasioth as melee gave me cancer

so much of it is going to be about praying for decoration rng since xeno has 2 level 3 slots.

Wait, I’m not very far in. Are you saying there is no tundra level? That’s impossible.

Is there a secret to wide gunlances that we're just not seeing or are they legitimately the most garbage weapon ever

I'm thinking about making a paralyzing lance, is there a best one to make? I just made it to HR10, I could make the Tobi lance probably but after that I'm not sure where to go.

Also gonna make a sleep sword and shield.

How worth it is utilizing free element over more relevant skills?

How do I start hunts for the other elder dragons after I beat the main story

Nope, no tundra. I miss it too user

>other elder dragons

>Unlock the level 3 kitchen upgrade
>The food looks even better
I want to eat some so bad

The coral highlands is essentially the tundra level replacement.

POAST MONSTER VS MONSTER WEBMS

This. It's annoying.

is it just me or does the world monsters have considerably less hp than the previous games?

My elephant dreams are fucking ruined.

>3 giant monsters fighting all at once.
>Me and some random are crouched in a bush just watching.

I like this game.

Anyone know if finding these elder dragon clues on expeditions and other quests do anything? I found teostra tracks and hair in the wastes but he was nowhere to be found. Am i getting rused or is this how you unlock them? Currently on 7 star

All I wanna do is *bangbangbangbang*

Kirin is a real piece of shit

I was afraid it wasn't going to be as great as it is, and though it's not quite as polished as I'd like, it's definitely enjoyable and there's more coming, Can't wait to get to the point where money isn't an issue and I've got heaps of items and can try all kinds of builds.

Don't do expedition. If you do investigations you'll find tracks every time (since the maps are reloaded when one is started). So if you just run a bunch of hunts, you'll get there super fast

>and some random

I'M AN INDIVIDUAL WITH THOUGHTS AND FEELINGS, NOT A RANDOM!!

Nothing's stopping them from adding a snow map in the future.

Is there any point where it’s too late to switch to a different weapon type?

>Doing HR Rathian
>A request to join
>Eh why not
>It's a CB shitter cart his way to fail quest
T-Thanks

Just got to HR.
I want to farm Zorah set and the quests to repel him appear randomly. I know I could just go and do them via SOS signals, but I just had it appear in my game as well.
It said 2 next to the quest, and I did it, but it didn't disappear. I thought 2 meant it would disappear after 2 other quests.
Is the number actually the number of "charges" this quest have?
Or is it both? Will it disappear if I do another non-Zorah quest? Or will it stay indefinitely until I repel him?

Also, where do I get decorations now? And what's the deal with the decoration slot lvls? Can you not fit a 1 slot gem into a lvl 3 slot anymore?

>i'm walkin here

Holy shit I'm exhausted. It was supposed to be a simple Rathian hunt. I break her parts, chop her tail. And then IT shows up. Looking like a flying tumor. A flying tumor that drops bombs.

Bazel proceeds to attack the Rathian and I indiscriminately until she flies off. I follow. A fucking Rathalos shows up and proceeds to protect her for 15 straight minutes. I get my pokes in here and there but between her whiteknight and the verticality, I don't stand a chance. Bazel shows up and engages the Los.

Finally the Rathian starts limping. I figure I'll head her off at the best but No, she goes sightseeing. Five minutes later, she lands and I toss two tranq bombs. Figure I'll capture her and end it quick. Fucking Bazel shows up. I throw the trap down. Rathalos runs into it. Three way clusterfuck ensues. No idea how I got out. As the best explodes repeatedly, I somehow lure the Rathian away from the others. Finish her. One and a half minutes to spare.

What the FUCK??

Except that Jewcom is just going to release new monsters, armor, and weapons.