2013-2014

>2013-2014
>Massive shortage in AMD graphics cards
>Even normies now were buying them up now
>People were paying $500+ for a Radeon HD 7950 for months
>It would actually pay off within a month and a half mining Litecoin

>2017
>It now takes less than a month to pay off an R9 480 or RX 580, even with electricity costs
>You have your choice of mining Zcash or Ethereum+Sia
>You can even mine with your HDD, and CPU
>No shortages
>Normies are ignoring mining now

Why? Are people really that butthurt after the chinks pumped and dumped litecoin all those years ago? I've been mining for over a year on my R9 390s, now I've got 5 480s running and happy as fuck at how much money they've made. Haven't sold any Ethereum or Zcash, yet.

Other urls found in this thread:

bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1670733.0
whattomine.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I wish I could figure out how to mine

Too complicated for me

Google claymore miner

Point it at your exchange wallet and watch it grow.

nigga post a guide on how to do this bruh this shit look like fucking rich ass moeny nman nah i saying

bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1670733.0

how new are you?

It actually used to be harder to mine, now it's easy as fuck. Back then we had to go to some autistic pool, register an account and point it toward a wallet. The miner was always shit and took forever to configure.

today it's download claymore miner, edit the bat file and put your wallet address in, then run it in the background,

How long would it take a gtx 1080 to Maine a coin, is it even worth it?

>tfw too poor to afford the initial cost of an r9 480

You can't pay off an RX480 in a month with mining. $2 per day per gpu is hopeful, and it will go down - way down - once Ethereum forks away from Proof of Work

zcash at 500h/s generates about $120 a month. That's less than 2 months to pay off a 480

give a hardware build i want to order everything ronight

This is daily profit with one RX480, not taking into account the cost and power consumption of the rest of the rig

whattomine.com/

resident normie here, actually pretty damn close to alpha chad at several points so I can answer this:

no normal people know wtf Ethereum or Zcash is, much less how to mine it

I work in the IT department of a medium-sized company (all of a 4-floor office building). I think I could install a rig somewhere at work connected to their internet and power - mining for free.

Any downsides to doing this?

>Any downsides to doing this?
If you get caught, you're getting sued as well as fired.

>Mh/s
>Zcash uses sols, not Mhs

The latest claymore miner generates much better hash rates than the older versions. The picture you posted is inaccurate. I'm getting 450-500 sols per RX 480. I made over $300 this month just from 3 of them, and this is just on my main computer with me turning it on the lowest settings when I'm using it. Stay poor.

I made a cluster from spare raspberry pi's mine. Shit was cash because I drew part of the power from one of those solar usb chargers. Easiest 1k a month. Gotta love southern sun.

These companies are paying thousands of dollars in electricity per month, even a small company with 15 employees pays at least $600 a month in electricity costs, they literally do not care if you waste $50 or less in electricity a month, which is how much these miners consume even with 4 graphics cards. If your company is medium sized, guaranteed their electric bill is over $2000. Just let your boss know that it's for testing purposes or something and he, nor the owner probably won't give a shit.

i've got a single rx470 8gb, would it be worth it getting another one? costs little less than 300€

then running them in crossfire

What if I have an Nvidia GPU?

On a cursory search wasn't able to find anyone saying 480's do more than 300h/s, got any source that backs up what you're saying?

Was mulling over the idea of a mining rig for a little while but started leaning against it as it looked like having to wait for 5ish months for the rig to pay itself back while Eth is getting difficulty bombed + moving to PoS without any clear look for how the gpu mining scene will look after that.

Teach me how to make a Raspberry Pi miner, and which coin do you mine with them?

I need a normie guide on this. Basically a "click on this and let your laptop make money for you".

I started out in BTC mining, it was profitable, but would have done better just buying and holding. Just can't compete locally with our electricity costs, i can get them to about 8 cents kw/h

You do the same but with a bit less returns

You can always resell your GPU's, AMD and Nvidia have nothing in the pipeline for new 480/580/1060 cards at least until next year

Ok I set bat file it opens then closes guess my 970 aint enough

it only makes sense to mine memecoins if you're a nigger living in detroit/mogadishu where nobody cares if you jack the power. memecoins are a way of converting spare illegally obtained energy into money. its like pirating electricity if you will.