/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

Blacklisting edition

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/
↳A limited edition Rathalos PS4 Pro has been announced for sale outside of Japan. Check your local retailer for more details.
↳Weapon movesets: pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP (embed)

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh (embed)
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous Thread:

First for Pickle DLC hype.

Oh
That's fair I guess.
Thanks Anja

Post hunters.

Honest question, what's wrong with sending an SOS flare asap when the option becomes available?
The game is meant to be played with 4 people and i can get help completing storyline quests at the same time.

Post Victory screens!

Dead game

Stupidly posted this on the dying thread, oh well. Anyway, I finished the story and finished up at HR 29. Lower than what I'm used to - how did everyone else do?

Also that double purple Bezel quest, I assume those are both tempered? Pray for me lads

How has everyone enjoyed their time with the game so far?

You want to be her, right?

nothing is?

the game is fun with more people because bosses have huge aoe and they get more hp when people join. some fights are pretty decent

>Want to play MHW for 30 minutes before I have to leave for work
>Initial boot up on PS4 takes 1 minute
>First loading takes 3 minutes
>Loading town takes 2 minutes
>Quest takes 2 minutes to load
Jesus, could they get the fucking load times together? It's got to be inefficient CPU usage on loading. The damn game is digital (Even disc is pretty much just digital).

>tfw forgot to remove the UI

EU Squad recruiting - Session ID h3w7yfAuBca

is there sharpness past blue? how do i know if im at sharpness cap when using handicraft

Come back after you do the Bazel quest. Your HR is locked to 29 or below after Xeno, and then it unlocks again after the Bazel quest.

I unlocked at 37. Yes both of those are tempered. Don't get hit bud.

Don't bully chubby boi!

Welp, just killed Xeno'Jiva, thought the fight was kinda disappointing desu
What is there to do now?

Holy shit are people bad at Nergigante. I've already soloed him, but when I go into an SOS for him it's people getting carted left and right and sometimes multiple people at once to one dive

bone or ps4?

Didn't they improve loading on PS4 today/yesterday? I'm watching some streamers on PS4 and it takes around 10 seconds now to load quest compared to 30 or so from before.

If you don't have a Squad SOS flares are much more convenient than the shitty lobby system both for the one shooting the flare and the ones responding, so there is nothing wrong with it(Of course playing the story missions in multiplayer is easy mode, but who cares you do you)

Yes, white, and purple. But the latter isn't in World. Yet.
Just look at the sharpness bar, m8. If it's full, the handicraft won't do anything. If there's still empty space in the bar it will go up.

You've still got that HR100 trophy to get, user.

I don't know, I maybe I didn't get the update yet. That was my experience this morning.

White is the last sharpness level
And handicraft doesn't give you better sharpness anymore, only more sharpness bar frin the best one you got

PS4 m8

Oh boy, thanks for the heads up.

How does /mhg/ feel about Investigation format forcing you to farm a variety of monsters for Streamstones? No more 24/7 Jang, you just run whatever monsters you happen to have on hand.

Also encourages group play (2 person restrictions nonwithstanding) because someone might have a Tempered monster that you don't.

Where do I find these? Want one to roll shit all over my wooden floors.

If they installed an SSD in their PS4, it dramatically boost the loading speed. I personally don't see any difference right now with the pro.

incorrect

Grind tempered monsters for skill decorations and the ability to augment your gear.
Hope that Alatreon unlocks when you hit a certain HR.
Wait for DLC.

Wait another two hours until I get back home pls.

well a tier 7 nergal lance is full bar so handicraft is useless right? it's not white though only blue

I'm going to honestly time it now. In about 5 seconds I'm going to press a button to move from the title screen.

What's the best use out of a Xeno gem?

The place with Barrioth.

Hype for casuals being destroyed by him

>SSD

That must be it then.

Are there any good slicing LBGs? I've unlocked everything now but nothing seems to rapid fire slicing.

Steve DLC when

im just glad he looks good in the actual game too

You can Stake after 2 shell from the 3 poke combo.
But the reason FB combo is more effective is because of the Sweep. It deal a shit ton of damages.
Adding to that, Normal can get more damages out of FB than any other shells, making it THE ideal shell.

It is actually worse than that: it will fill the REMAINING empty part of the bar with the highest sharpness level.
Meaning that if your weapon has a full sharpness bar already, handicraft does jack shit.

>Barrioth

You sure?

Okay from title screen to quest start took 2m15s.

So... When can I fight Xenomorph again after I beat it?

it's been great so far. im taking my sweet time with low rank and the game still has the cozy monhun ambiance. i also dig the qol changes.

I'll be off to gym in 20 but I'll be back on later, promise

Barroth whatever.

Dough guy Roo gah, why isn't your armor gold?

God damn this armor makes my waifu THICC. Is there a way to use another armor's looks, but I keep the stats?

his quest appears randomly like Zorah's

On my way lads, any britbongs around?

Like Z.Mag it shows up randomly. You'll know when you hear the town theme.

Whats a good way to farm tempered quest footprints?

I get like 1 quest every 7+ expeditions. Is there a faster way?

Also any tips on where these footprints are concentrated per map?

Thanks! Time for some SOS then

So it's the new sweep AFTER the FB that matters more then the FB itself huh?
I'll not have a chance to really go to town with the game till the PC release myself, but that's good to know regardless. I bet the only blast GL's are Long or Wide also huh?

Your hunter already looks damn nice but it works even better when she's next to that hideous thing.

I got it! I got it!
Eeye!

>tfw xbox matchmaking suddenly working

Amazing. Neat Xeno, so now I'm going back through with downgraded gear to finish quests I may have missed and using other weapons.

there was in gen, but they took it off to sell outfits for real life cash

fZBBfRYra4M
assignments and HR

No, the only armor skin is the samurai thing and it is exclusive to the deluxe set.
Expect more paid skin.

What with the plasma of death near hot dog nest. Almost killed me.

I like the 50s

Yup, it's the Sweep that carry the GL this time around, FB is just icing on the cake.
2 Blast GL in the game are Wide and Long, fucking Crapcom.

>Is there a way to use another armor's looks, but I keep the stats?
Only in XX. No such thing in world.

Is there a standalone solo Bazel quest?

Yes, Nerg weapons only go up to blue.

I want to be a Rathalos.
Being an annoying flying cunt and banging Rathian cloaca.

>there's actually an entire new map in HR

I wasn't expecting this. Place looks rad

Lads is there a quick way to move screenshots from PS4 to your PC / online? Twitter seems to be the most optimal route but it's rather slow

My favorite monster > Your favorite monster

>but it's rather slow
Works instantly for me.

Yeahhh, I'm Gladiator

What, really?
I thought it was just 4 plus the arena and Zora map.

elder's recess is easily my favorite zone in the game

>hit a nitrotoad
>Dodogama pops out

>he let his personnal informations on the screen
On my way to hack u scrub lol brace yoruself

Is it safe to leave a monster on the docks like this?

You're in for a surprise. I thought the 5th map was going to be small but it's actually a full sized area.

You just have to push through the initial slog until you get your first one or two tempered quests.

During Tempered quests when you break monster parts and stuff you can randomly get more investigations which are either guaranteed or heavily biased towards being more tempered stuff.

So eventually it ramps up, but it's a bit of a slow start.

Tobi tracks in forest 11, pukei ones north of that in the area with all the sporepuffs. Anja tracks can show up wherever, I usually find some outside the area 1 camp

My favorite monster = Your favorite monster
c:

Is there a charm for Critical Boost?

Fucking wait for me. Even if I can spend my day browsing from work, I can't play MH yet in my office.
Unironically, maybe someday

>regular lance
>when gunlance exists
Why though?

he's out cold and has been beaten within an inch of his life, so yeah I'd say so

Wrong.
My favorite is leagues better than your trash

So what am I looking for in bowguns? how many slicing ammo they can hold as well as raw?

Tobi tree has 4 slicing slots (HBG), no deviation and 15% affinity, however the end of the tree only has 255 attack.

HR Hunter set has a skill that speeds up special investigations.

I will using Lance with Odogaron set and you faggots can't do anything about it.