/mhwg/ Monster Hunter World General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/
↳A limited edition Rathalos PS4 Pro has been announced for sale outside of Japan. Check your local retailer for more details.
↳Weapon movesets: pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP (embed)

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh (embed)
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OEkC0sEI3Fo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I've pretty much only ever used GS and only a little bit of hammer. What other weapons have similar feel?

Best HBG?

Is this your typical /mhg/ hunter?

Give me the best end game GS clownsuit with focus

I just got to HR. What's a good armor set I could make relatively fast for a defense boost?

Sixth for Monster Hunter: World is a great entry into the series.

Whats the next slutty armor after bone armor?

When is it cool to start using armor spheres?

TZITZI A BRO

Kobi for dat 4 slicing shot.

Bone has higher raw but only loads 3 slicing.

Please do not bully handler

>cat in kirin armor
G-Guys...

I don't understand the IG stuff in World. You can't stack same extracts unless I'm mistaken, and I don't get how you upgrade your beetle friend

I did zora 2-3 times cause it's fucking easy and the set it okay.

>mfw babby jagras are more aggressive than papa jagras

Backed.

cool set too, I love that he will leave you alone if you don't hit him.

how the hell do you get zorah gems

do they drop after you get the "real" ending
is there an investigation

I want that dope ass zorah HBG and I've got everything but the gem

Anjanath armor is slutty as fuck. Tobi-Kadachi is also a bit lewd.

Does anyone know what the first crafting material for the Lightning Spire 3 lance is? It's some kind of red liquid, I have all the other parts but still don't know what that first one is

>80 hours in still haven't beat the game.
>have yet to finish off the optional quest either
>still missing a bunch of recopies
>faggot ass review said the game was 40 hours long
These faggots didn't beat the game did they?

Is the Rathalos SA any good? I was using the Diablos line but my current set is crit heavy and Diablos has -30% affinity

Pls no bully

Noob here with only Rarity 3 gear, mostly used Hammer or SnS this far. Haven't had too much trouble with the game but I'm not exactly a fast killer either

Who should be easier for me to farm solo, Rathalos or Odogaron? Don't have any quests for them so I plan to go on Expeditions

How to start CBing? I know I need to learn GP and such but what should I focus on bread and butter wise? SAED spam to the face? Spam the 2-hit AED? Get the sword charged and focus on dealing damage with that? I just don't really know where to start. I'm more or less button mashing right now.

Do the ??? Rath tracks even show up when I do LR expeditions?

Is Long Sword fun? Can I be anime?

>Anjanath
That fucker always rapes me

Help me out friendos

What are the cutest monsters in MHW

If you do literally nothing but the main story line its probably 20-30 hours if you rush it, too.

Not that 20-30 hours is even that bad, that's a solid amount of game time on its own. But yea, most reviews didn't do ANY optional shit or even any sidetracking.

>tfw you get mounted into stun into shock into tranq

and by Kobi I meant Tobi

Yeah you can't stack the same extracts now, from what I can tell. You upgrade the beetle through the workshop like weapons. Basically the "heal" stat you can completely ignore, but speed is important because from what I recall that with directly affect the speed at which it flies to its target. Power is the damage it does and is secondary in importance.

This, I got Zorahs set immediately by joining through SOS and I've just now upgraded before I fight nergigante
They're quest rewards, you're just unlucky

What is the blast element specifically? The guide doesn't list it as a weakness the way it does dragon element.

Is that repeatable? Shit, it's so boring though.

Does he have a knot or just one of those boring spike cocks?

Brand recognition.

lumu the forever cutie

it has explosive procs

Where the FUCK is orange juice on Bezal?

Nurture kinsect option at the blacksmith

It's about 10 minutes. You don't have to concentrate what so ever, it's more quiet time than anything even though it's got loud blaring music and voice overs.

He looks like a rat

Odogaron is a lot less of a pain in the ass because he's got relatively low HP and he also doesn't spend half the fucking fight in the air like a motherfucker, if you HAVE TO grind one of them (which you don't imo)

Yes, it's move set is super simple but it has a lot of nuance to being a good LS. Tripping teammates, EVER USING THE SPIRIT DUNK BELOW RES METER, landing foresight slash continually, prioritizing tails always, fade slash into spirit combo. It's a great weapon but if you're shit you can really tell

>/mhwg/

>Vaal Palico set turn my cat into Skeleton Cat

>mount monster
>1 damage
>1 damage
>1 damage
>1 damage
>1 damage

Thanks user. What are the clouds of bugs that appear supposed to be when I use it?

Rate please!

i dont see a problem here, chief

just got to HR, how soon can you start getting decorations that aren't ass?

you guys been making the A sets or B sets generally?

I think I understand now. In MHW the kinsect puts a little "cloud" on a monster if I tag it with the shot and if I attack the spot where the cloud is, it explodes and for example heals me and friends or explodes in poison damage etc., right?

Is tagging monsters worth it then or should I rathert spend my time attacking normally with IG?

FLASH. BOMBS.

Generic huntress / 10

Is long or normal better for GL? I know Wide is bad, but:
>lvl 1 long does 3x 15 for 45 damage
>lvl 1 normal does 5x 10 for 50 damage, but burns more sharpness
Does long outweigh normal over time due to the better sharpness efficiency? It seems like it might.

spiked :(

for curiosity reasoning, can i get the source to this

Jump down to the boat at the start. Bind when the Zorah is close, spike it, then aim the 3 cannons on the boat and unleash explosive hell while the NPCs load two of the cannons. Quest takes no time.

I like it, but I feel like you made her look older than you intended her to be
Looks like some grizzled hunter, tho I don't like the eye color, but that's more of a preference thing
All in all 6.5/10

I really want the looks of their armors though, like right now.

Is it better to advance further jnto the story until I get quests and investigations about them, so I can join parties for the gangbang farming?

Farming Teo.

6CikCcXiBjcP

Who would win in a fight
Pickle or Beetlejuice

>insert sword into head
>300 damage
mounting is nice and good

Imagine Monster Hunter with fall damage.

Grab onto a thorn pod before mounting. Use it while mounted and hit it to shit out damage and stun

DONT STAB ME WITH YOUR CHIN PLS!

Eye color too saturated like everybody else's/10

Blast works like all other statuses, however when it fills up it will proc an explosion.

On fast weapons, like dual blades, its fucking great. You can combine it with Blast Attack which provides bonuses to blast build up. Enemies build up resistance to it but I still get off shitloads of blasts a fight (DB user). Say you get off 5 blasts, and the damage they do is 120, that's essentially 600 "free" damage.

On slower weapons its not really worth it.

I believe in previous games Bombardier used to improve the damage of the blasts? I think its changed in World now so that it only buffs explosive items.

Is it any good as a flat damage increase?

If you dont shell, shell type doesnt matter :^)

How does my buddy revive if it explodes?

Tobi.

Just unlocked the LR Kirin quest.

What am I in for? I'm using a Hammer.

>Don't you put dragon bombs there when you can to break it?

Yes, i put the anti dragon bombs on his weakspot. Is that the blowhole? i swear i broke it, how many times does it break? I just want to finish that damn sidequest

>1st time playing a mh game
>first giant monster roadblock is pic related
>all his attacks 1 shotting the fuck out of me
>realize you can bait every one of his like 4 attacks
>becomes the easiest boss
h-hes harder in other mh games right?

Oh i was actually going for a somewhat "cold" expression, so i'm glad it worked out.

Full burst is objectively better if your GL doesn't have wide.

Have fun!

I'm not sure about other elements, as I've just used it a couple of times (though it was a main weapon of mine in MH4U), but for Blast, when you attack that spot of the monster it causes an explosion. I imagine others are similar and trigger when you hit them?

Gotcha, thanks. Guess it's fucking useless on my weapon, nice to know.

Diablos has never been very hard, just annoying.

>full bursting

Just because you can drag rathalos to the ground doesn't mean that he's not a pain in the ass

Just do whatever you want, who cares if you'll reach HR today or in a week? You're not far anyway if you're already at rathalos

>A shitty PS2 monster is easy
Woah
Doesn't make him or the Raths any less shit that needs to fuck off , they're only kept because muh nostalgia

I swear to god as a GL far if you ever full burst on long I'll kill you in your sleep. You play them differently. The flow of long is stab>shell 3 or 4 times depending if you have load up. Then do the dunk but hit triangle to get the fat as fuck side slap into stake.

High rank, low rank, alpha, beta, color?

R8

Not really. Black Diablos is more of a pain but Diablos has never been too tricky once you figure out what he's all about. I like him though. Doubly so with lance. It's a satisfying fight.

Diablos has always had simple AI but daunting presence and damage. Sonic bombs fuck her up as well.
Also upgrade your armor.

>male
0/10

I miss the time when arena limited our weapons, felt more rewarding to win than when I was farming ;_;

i like him, solid 9

My first experience, I'm bad
youtube.com/watch?v=OEkC0sEI3Fo

Nope, you just got gud. There's a black variant later though.

You'll most likely struggle a bit at the start, but you'll learn to get into the flow of things. Very fun and fast fight as long as you can keep precisely hitting it's head, avoiding lightning, and getting stuns/knockdowns.

Are there any armor sets that make the Female Hunter slimmer than she actually is?

>lance
absolute lad

JE

Post Gammoth

how strong is the shield on HBG?