/mhg/ Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/
↳A limited edition Rathalos PS4 Pro has been announced for sale outside of Japan. Check your local retailer for more details.
↳Weapon movesets: pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP (embed)

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh (embed)
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/tsnszm.webm
my.mixtape.moe/mccuzs.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first for the Gathering Hub is a massive dead flop

R8 my hunter

These threads move fast

Slicing ammo is mean to your fellow hunters!

im going to make half wyverian half human children with the third fleet master!

how is nerg set bonus effect? i barely notice it

>Couple hours in
>First Fleet
>Second Fleet
>Third Fleet
>Fourth Fleet
>Fifth Fleet
>Realize that it means the numbered generations of Monster Hunter
I started with 4U. So that makes me a Fourth Fleeter?
What Fleet are you with, /mhg/?

The handles really pisses me off. If they had to make her constantly act like a careless rookie then at least make her cute.

2nd Fleet reporting in.

>all these newfags that don't know about the sleep damage modifier & keep hitting sleeping mons with weak attacks

don't breed a slant ear

Second Fleet reporting in. Started with Freedom 2.

I'm not looking forward to HR Anjanath since I assume he'll be one shot city.

Fuck yeah i love damascus armor

Grandpa fleet reporting in

First fleet. I got started with Monster Hunter Freedom on PSP. Good god I had no Idea what I was doing.

1st fleet.
I'm apparently a grandpa.

I thought the CB was the meme weapon of MHW. I've seen literally nobody use it yet online while I see bow shitters left and right.

How do I permanently show my health and stamina bar?

I don't like it becoming hidden.

>tfw third fleet
>tfw i get the cute wyverian woman

Yeah. A new game just came out.

Trip was my first monster hunter game and I had no idea why people complained at the time.

First fleet, been using GS since Freedom.

With sickening claw feet.

too late already bred her

So as a bow user I should focus on getting skills like Focus, Special Ammo for Dragon Piercer and other staminia skills or am I missing something obvious?

Can I still do the LR Kirin quest after I do the second Zorah encounter?

I'm the freedom united fleet, too donut steel to be 2nd, too old to be 3rd

1st fleet, Freedom Grandpa

Yes

>take RNG out of charms
>but instead put RNG into decorations
Absolutely fucking epic Capcom

Dodogama is my friend, say something nice to him

First fleet
I love MHW and unironically thought Gore Magala was a well designed monster, both his fight and aesthetics
>muh difficulty
I have surprisingly never cared too much about this

Bow is probably the most beginner friendly weapon. Easy to use, no ammo management, etc.

>looks ugly in game but looks cute in official merchandise
What did Capcom mean by this?

First Fleet outcast reporting in

Actually it's probably more Third Fleet. I have a weird past with Monster Hunter. I rented the first game twice and ditched school to play it. Got a PSP and second gen, but didn't play it much because my PSP got stolen. I really dug deep into the game on third gen

What is even the point of the Gathering Hub if you can't even select or prepare for missions there?

It's literally useless unless you spend your whole game time in the Arena.

There should be a shop there and a quest board there, in the very least.

I swear to God, these japs. Two bombs weren't enough.

fatty

I dont get the new canteen.

No matter how I combine ingredients they always give the same buffs you already have in the preset ones.

Is it more dps to have earplugs over attack/affinity buffs?

>farmed out Rathalos as first HR set
>get the weapon as well because of fire boost 4
>pretty much every major monster is resistant or immune to fire
I feel like I've been time cucked.

my.mixtape.moe/tsnszm.webm
I didn't know it was the 4th of July already

Second Fleet, started with FU.

There is a shop and a quest board.

Is it worth making nergs armor or are the armors from the other three elders dragons better?

>gunlance is OP in MHW
Nooooooo.
Normies are touching my weapon!

clownsuit/10

You're the weird older dude that nobody in Third Fleet is comfortable being left alone with.

2nd fleet, could have been first but i forgot why didnt i picked up monhun back then

No.

>can't select or prepare missions
???
>there should be a shop
There is
The Gathering Hub still sucks in World

As a new player to Monster Hunter, how long should the main story hunts be taking me? I find they're usually about 25-30 minutes total, start to finish, and I'm using a heavy bowgun. Is that an okay time or am I bad and should be knocking these out way quicker?

Basic strategy has been to shoot around the monster with normal ammo until I find it's weak spots, then switch to pierce for more focused/higher damage output or slashing to cut off tails/wings. Switch between that and special ammo until death.

this.

newfags dont know about putting them barrels in the face of the monster.

Man, if only MHW had gauntlets like Toukiden 2, this armor would be perfect for a Raoh cosplay.

How many damn times do i have to kill this damn odogaron before it drops its damn plate. literally gotten nothing but the tail when i looted the tail after i cut it off

>Easy to use, no ammo management
This. With the Bowguns you actually have to put some effort in for managing and crafting ammo. And with the HB in particular, you have to be smart about how you use it due to lack of mobility. Personally I love HB and use it in combination with traps, bombs and whatnot. Makes me feel like a real hunter.

God the music in the private suite is so nice
I wish it had the violin being played by a phyiscal palico as well but I guess I'll make do with just the harp

Shoot it until it dies.

Guess I'm first fleet too then, I always felt the old blade master looked a lot like my old dude

If it's your first monster hunter then it's okay but ideally you should be doing hunts much faster than that. Around 10-15 minutes is a good time to aim for.

I'm fucking tired of this back & forth on this thread

What's the state of GL
I've seen shittons of people say it's garbo
And other shittons of people say it's OP

WHICH IS IT

What the flying fuck is the point

More or less. I'm a baffled technician. An old electrician that uses old clacking light switches and refuses to install grounded outlets.

It's wholly average.

Dude, just take your time. You'll get better eventually. I guarantee you everyone started out as a noob at one point, that's kinda the point. No need to rush, enjoy yourself.

it's a weapon

>hunter finds skidmarks all over
so you literally find traces of monsters wiping their butts on the ground or some rock
nice

technically third fleet, but i like to be a fourth fleeter

it's ok, it ignores or some shit, makes it easier to hunt some monsters

It's like every weapon ever in Monster Hunter. Decent. Garbage if you don't know how to use it, excellent if you know how to abuse it.

you need to become more intimate with a dictionary

my.mixtape.moe/mccuzs.webm

Based environmental hidey holes.

Is this one of the New World monsters? When do I get to fight him?

10-15 minutes, sub 10 with rank appropriate gear if you know what you're doing. Any more than that and you need to have fun learning the game

This makes my weewee wiggle.

>literally started playing yesterday
>last mh game played was mhfu 2
>/v/ kept bitching about how tobi is too hard for new players
>killed him in less than 6 minutes with a kulu longsword and barroth armor set

who else /keepsforgettinghecancrouchinthebushtohide/ here :^)

>Keep getting the same shitty decorations over and over again

Guys, they wouldn't make decoration tables, would they?

I see a lot of people having trouble with LR Anja. Almost every time I respond to an SOS it ends almost immediately because somebody gets fucked. Also occasoinaly Anja goes into Rathalos's area and some players just end up getting unlucky and end up getting killed by it.

>/v/ kept bitching about how tobi is too hard for new players

They never cease to amaze

>hiding

>Using literal counter
Well there ya go user. Every noob isn't going to know to do that though.

I'm a GS/HBG user, I want a fast weapon. How is LS? Is it interesting to play?

Don't know about other gunlances, but I made a Blast + Artillery + Capacity Boost set, and i've been breeezing through HR with Zorahs Gunlance.
>mfw Uragaan getting stunlocked
It's great if you aren't shit. It doesn't have the defensive and countering properties of Lance, so it's more about knowing when to attack. It has some of the highest burst damage, alot of it mitigating armor and breaking parts super fast. In short git gud and it's one of the funnest weapons in the game. It is a very skill heavy weapon though.

it's a meme you dip, no human being is actually stuck on toby

Does anyone know if there's any other kind of big fishes that require you to do QTE minigames to catch besides the Vale one?

Also holy fuck i have over 70 gloom geckos now and no moonlight whatever gecko, he supposedly spawns along with the bunch of other geckos below Vale camp 11, besides the brightmoss right?

I'm having a lot of fun not hunting tbqhfam

15-25 o_o... Diablos took me 40-45 mins. I must be doing something wrong x_x

He does. If you have it unlocked, try doing Meat of the Matter. That's where I found my Moonlight Gecko. Might just be a placebo but I found two of them on that quest (he respawned as I ran around the map) so worth a try.

Are you not reading up on monster weaknesses and using appropriate weapons to hunt them?

you can resharpen your weapon mid fight without the camo thing if you just crouch in a bush

Where are the melynxes on in the Ancient Forest?

Yeah, I found a couple in the first map.

try hitting him

rate my cat

does anyone want to join my squad Bottle Adventure? have 0 members currently

also hosting a gathering hall chill sesh & farming for Odogaron gem. when can I meld one? would that be easier?

>Only about 8 hours or so into MHW because I got the game yesterday
>Exploring the forest on an expedition, just taking my time
>Find the Rathalos nest
>No Rathalos in sight, so I steal an egg
>As I'm taking it back to camp, an Anjanath appears behind me through that first area with the water where it leads into the Jagras den
>Can't exactly do anything, so I quickly crouch and manage to hide myself behind a rock
>He walks past me and I get to camp and put the egg in the item box, awarded with 250 points
I think that be one of my most memorable experiences in the game so far, that was fucking tense.

How is the Heavy Bowgun in this game?

That they fucked up the in game model