/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

nyaaaah edition

Swarmed by red spiders: >New players read this then finish the game without spoilers:
i.imgur.com/1OynzXF.png

>NEWS:
-Dec 7/2017: Shadows Die Twice teaser - youtube.com/watch?v=OAYhXKC0LJ8
-Dec 26-29: Unused bosses & test areas are now safe chalices that anyone can use - i.imgur.com/3nibNFD.png
-Jan 11/2018: Dark Souls 1 Remaster announced for PC, XBONE, PS4 and Switch, releasing May 25

>Helpful links:
-/bbg/ Resource Guide: docs.google.com/document/d/1TlAjZSvmE979gbayTvpioT72n5A7_bUjMNCLuOatJTQ
-Wiki: bloodborne-wiki.com/
-Build planner: mugenmonkey.com/bloodborne
-AR calculations: pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

>Chalices:
-How to unlock FRCs for spelunks, fight clubs & gem farming: i.imgur.com/0AwN4Lo.jpg
-Gem farming chalices: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q9enxffA3dyKGu6IVg-P4IVgmKSUYSP9UOOiThHmPIU
-Lost/uncanny weapons, runes, and gems: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1syKnSKflHbFiGY4pXkfIeXoMa2Lp9X1aXyme2qaTen4
-How to summon/invade in a chalice: pastebin.com/mjRU01XK
-Edited chalices: i.imgur.com/3nibNFD.png (Unused bosses, test areas, early runes/weapons)

>PVE - Spelunking (Every Friday 6pmET/11pmUTC plus anytime someone wants to host):
-Spelunks happen, join em, host em
-Set the chalice to Open and region to Worldwide
-Leave bell-ringing women alone for invaders

>PVP - Fight club (Every Saturday 6pmET/11pmUTC plus impromptus whenever):
-Rules: i.imgur.com/ihd176b.jpg
-Pthumeru: 7hjhf43b
-Loran: jjpkdcgd
-Isz: 9v8qndas
-2v2 arena: i.imgur.com/71WOC0I.png

>FAQ:
Q: Where do I get/put the best gems? A: bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/10/best-blood-gems-setups.html
Q: How do I setup arcane builds? A: i.imgur.com/73dnuUm.jpg
Q: How to access the DLC? A: i.imgur.com/XaRuxgF.png
Q: Did I miss a quest? A: i.imgur.com/Uzg8XI6.png
Q: Is this game active for coop and pvp? A: Yes

PURGE FILTH

LAYER 1 REPORT
---
>no pre-lamp
>small af layer. Just had witches and ayys
>Jordan got succ from a witch
>No pre-boss
>Watchers as boss. Got a triangle arcane gem.
LAYER 2
Hopefully we actually get something neat

When does the red messenger ribbon appear on the pig in the sewers?

when it eats the lil girl after you send her to oedon chapel.

Do I need to reload the area? I sent her and killed the pig and nothing dropped.

>Its pre-main, after running through that room with a hook-guy and 2dogs you turn left instead of forward and the rune is in the side-room
Ah, I got nuked by spiders just as I saw the chest.

Backfire, let me go buy some vials and we'll try once more

Don't believe his lies. This is what happens.

>TWO ARCANE DUDES
DUUUDDEE

Jordan has a cuck character?

Str/Blt and enough skl to use Chikage and Reiter.

LAYER 2 REPORT
---
>No pre-lamp again
>I think I see Chynn's ghost
>Dogs, Gravekeepers, Pthus, and a witch inhabit the first area
>I forgot how dark Isz can be
>Pearl slugs everywhere
>Bonus area confirmed
>Red spiders
>Jordan got fucked by one
>Two arcane DUDES
>I got dp'd by eldritch truth
>Back at it again. No casualties
>Treasure was wisdom
>Kek. I see Chynn's bloodstain
>Messenger teleport shenanigans
>No pre-boss
>Boss was Brainsucc
LAYER 3

Sorry Nat, I gotta go now.

irrc he has a cuckette

Fuck, I never should have went over 98. These faggots are killing me in two hits.

Wtf, can't make a build that Jordan doesn't already have.

I don't have a 99 End build :^) (I do have a 99 Vit build, though.)

communion is in prelayer and formless oedon in preboss iirc

LAYER 3 AND FINAL REPORT
---
>Hell yeah pre-lamp
>DARKNESS
>Dark Isz Garden area
>Wolves
>Backfire invaded. Got shot
>Rolling Watcher rolled out of existence kek
>Chest he was guarding had slugs
>Actual treasure had wisdom
>Main layer time
>Shit is huge
>Funky had to leave rip
>GARDEN OF EYES SUCC'D ME
>Alas it was only one
>I hate spiders
>THERE'S A BONUS AREA
>Pretty small desu
>Wait no it keeps on going
>It connected to the pre-boss area
>Wisdom as treasure. Lots of slugs, a backbone in a chest, DUDES, Pthus, and a frenzy ghost woman that noped out of existence
>Backfire invaded again
>Alba jumps in at the right moment and helps finish Backfire off
>Time for boss
>It's a fucking ayymissary
>No layer 4
Thanks for joining me on the cuck only spelunk Jordan, Funky, and Alba!
Thanks for invading us too Backfire
Pretty mediocre dungeon tbqh
Was fun at least!

>I do have a 99 Vit build, though.
Post it fugger

Do you have a 99 blt build?

sorry man, I would love to help but i've got to head off now.
>backfire dying to vilebloods might become a meme if I'm not careful

>formless oedon in preboss iirc
WEW

Now that I have vials, might try again

Thanks for hosting, Nat. Layer 3 was pretty dope, especially with the appearance of that Garden of Eyes (first I've ever seen in a dungeon). Underwhelming final boss, though: wtf Miyazaki?! At least it was fun to bully it.
It's a secret.
Nope.

>Cuck
>Str/Blt
Bloodletter and Church Cannon are both Church weapons though? 0/10 flavor, you're doing it all wrong. Not that I condone the making of Vileblood cucks, but if you're going to anyway, you might as well do it right.

5 cute facts about Felina:
-She's a girl!
-She's cute!
-She's my gf!
-I love her!!!
-Felina!!!!!!

He stole those weapons from the corpses of the church weenies he slaughtered, got a problem with that, white boi? I agree, infact I only used vileblood attires and weapons during the spelunk.

No worries, I just got back, still thanks for getting me that wheel, I owe you one

Not my stain, I'm not playing right now

Oh
Well it seems there's someone else with your new set up and bloodletter that didn't get to invade that died throughout this chalice
I was in full cuckhurst so it couldn't have been me

>current year
>blood moon upon us
>not having a cuck build

I was carrying around a letter while I wasn't invading you guys so it might have been backfire.

I save a str/blt and I've got Evelyn and chikagay. If I wear cuck clothes, I'm cuck enough.

I made a cuck build and deleted it after about 3 frcs because it was so fucking boring

lever: drop down, run to the right and up the ladder, across the bridge, lever is guarded by madman and 50 spiders so might take a few tries if you’re unlucky
formless oedon: straight ahead, into room and up the ladder, turn left and open the door in the middle of the little ”bridge” across the room, turn directly to the left and drop down to bottom where rune is guarded by 100 rats and a watcher to the left as you enter

Jordan, Lily, Eve - anyone there?
It is Amygdalan Arm Lena
I might just become a Beast instead, I think.

Ok.

Thanks dude, I'm gonna try this

Did you get far after I went to bed? Wasn’t the original plan to get the church pick btw?

Stopped after the Shadows of Yharnam.

I wanted the pick - but maybe being a beast could be more fun.

I'm kinda torn now to be totally honest.
Oh and I was having a lot of trouble finding anyone to invade around BL32 Forbidden Woods, which discouraged me a little.

BL43 is better to invade in the woods.

Pick is great, definitely a recommendation. Never made a claws build but the sound of beasthood would probably kill it for me.

In honour of tomorrow's super blue blood moon hyper alpha limited collector's edition steelbook™ I am hosting a Hunter Spelunk in Ihyll - that means Saw Cleaver, Blunderbuss and uncaped Hunter Set ONLY, or, if you're nasty, Charred Hunter with Djura's hat, like in the Project Beast trailer, but same weapons.

I mean, whenever anyone's available, we're pretty quiet at the moment.

Catching up on chalice dungeons on another character is such a fucking hassle

Anyone want to blast through Hemwick and Woods with my ass? And I mean BLAST.

Okay. I'll continue on the path of righteous murder-- to the Church Pick!!!

I'm heading to Byrgenwerth soon. Jordan, Lily or any others can help?

>/bbg/ is leaking into /int/

>bbg leaking into int

>tfw can't see the blood moon in yurop
I think the next one will be seen around june/july

what's the quickest way to get 3 fire gems on a saw spear?
I got one from lower cathedral ward, I think I'll do the first chalice so I can get the gem from the hot dog.

it's for my BL4 run, that's why I want to get all three asap.

Wait, we don't get to see it? Wow, fuck this gay island.

Cathedral Ward waning and two Hotdog radials from Pthumeru

Kek nice

im dyin. here's a character idea, Freedomblade, str/arc memblader looking like pic related

Awesome, thank you

>tfw literally cannot beat pthu hotdog
New builds were a mistake. I just wanted some radials.

Defiled or regular?

Regular. Haven't done a new build in ages, playing properly gemmed, fully upgraded builds for so long made me forget what the rest of the game is like.

still looking for coop?

We're cursed, we're all cursed.

any word on this? I'm up for it

I left to nap for a bit. I am here now.
I'll ring in 5 minutes at Byrgenwerth.
Password is "lena"

Now that I'm not getting connection errors, I can make a chalice any time really, thread's just slow at the moment so I've been holding off.

make a 56% character and I'll love you

Gonna beat that darkbeast today, then I won't be ashamed to summon for any further chalice boss.

ringin but not getting anything

Always liked Rom and his stupid spider bullshit.

I died. Re ringing now.

And so Rom has been defeated.
Next stop: Yahargul.
Ringing ...now.

Are you acutally japanese or just one of those omega autismo fags who'd like to be japanese.

Is there a consensus on who the three ministers in the Research Hall Elevator are supposed to be?
Because I have a theory, I think it is Martyr Logarius. And I think that also explains the metaphor of the Scene.

Martyr Logarius was a big name in the Healing Churches early days, so it's very likely he was a minister of some importance, and likely a compatriot of Lawrence. He would also have known Maria, depending on the timeline he could have been involved in the Research Hall thing aswell. Not only is his clothing quite similar on close inspection, he even shares the beard. I especially made this shitty image to easily showcase the similarities.

That being said, I think the scene is not meant to symbolize Lawrence, but humanity as a whole being healed with Blood Ministration, whereas Logarius the Martyr exposing the threat of tainted(vile) Blood as the Beast beneath the table. This could be an hommage to the culling of Cainhurst, as the Church believed the Vilebloods were tainting the Blood of Yharnam.

thoughts? Is Lore analysis completely dead in /bbg/?

uhhhh how in the fuck do you deal with Bloodletting beast solo? I try getting close to his legs and he just does his huge retard slam

Iframe through the slam.

>have 5 points left in build
>at 45vit 10end
>can't decide which one to put it in
>it's already been a week
Send halp.

Get behind him and get free hits. Watch out for the grab if you're standing inbetween his legs and also the leg stomp.

Wait for his swipe attack, step in between his legs and get a few hits and then get out. Rinse and Repeat.

VIT nigga

It was a one shot. I didn't expect that.
Reringing.

Put it in END. 45 and 2 clocks gives you 1800 hp and 15 END plus an anti clock gives you all the stamina you will ever need.

3 in vit 2 in end

Sucy we'll meet you near the boss!

How do I beat undead giant in Lower Hintertomb? I'm skill build with saif and stake driver

anyone wanna do some Loran CDs in a few minutes? Just need to farm some Ritual Blood (4)s...

I'm up for it

Interesting theory. The short hair on the statue is the biggest discrepancy between the two which makes it doubtful for me, though I suppose that'd be to obvious to Miyzaki.

45/15 and its not even a close decision.

stupid faggot Wiki lying, which Pthu Layer has the easy Ritual Blood 4 farming spot?

>The short hair on the statue
well obviously the Statue is well groomed, while Logarius is a dissheveled man who sat on a chair forever, he's not dead, so his hair would keep growing.

making a simon's bow build, only focusing on the tricked moveset. thoughts?

I can help if you want. Set a pass.

Or if you want to do it solo, try just sticking behind him and wailing on legs. Cannon Giant is bad at attacking behind himself and eventually legs will break and he falls over.

Interesting theory, but my personal theory is that Logarius is a Pthumerian the Church dredged up from the labyrinths like they did their giants and Officials, the cane and frenzy stick guys.

The scene is certainly humanity as a whole, but the beast under the table is the hidden truth of the old blood - these fuckers KNEW blood made beasts but never let on to general populous as the institution became more and more of a theocracy.

As for Logarius, if he were indeed a human, knowing Maria and Laurence and being a big wig back in the day, I'm not sure. Very little is ever mentioned of him so it's pretty much up in the air. To go on a sight tangent, back in the day, when Cainhurst hadn't gone full we wuz, they were likely the ruling monarchy of then Yharnam, so elements of royal attire might be found in the burgeoning institution of the Healing Church until Cainhurst decided the Church were getting a little too powerful and decided to try and usurp the legacy of Pthumeru, which led to the Executioners utterly BTFOing an entire castle of now half-human freaklords. That might be when any royal elements were purged from the Church's attire. But this is all absolutely baseless. Maria herself isn't explicitly OF Cainhurst, but she is related, which is why she gets blood and fire powers. Her roya lineage is probably why she wears a similar brooch. Or she's just fancy.

Less End, more Vit (at least 40) if you plan on PvPing. You could cut Arc down if you can't reach it, OHB doesn't help those two weapons much. If you're staying at that level, you could also cut Blt. 40 Blt should be fine

Attack during his recovery frames, Stake isn't really a Skill weapon

>arc 15
Is this some reddit meme?

>Wiki says Lower Pthu Layer 2
>Gamefaqs says Layer 4
>it's actually Layer 3

why am I surprised that this game has an abundance of misinformation out there

thanks, I don't really care about meta level pvp, I prefer invasions. I just want to invade people with a stupid bow guy really

h. tools u nonce

Got that fucker

>h. tools u nonce
Exactly, they're a meme except in very specific instances.

15 arc for beast roar heals in frontier and mensis