/dbfzg/ - Dragon Ball FighterZ General

Postboy Edition

Didn't get his driver's license:

>Basic mechanics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1rrh_EWca6MB1WUZfjIZ97LYhYspshivHjM352KmZ4g4/edit?usp=sharing

>PS4 and Xbox controls:
i.imgur.com/FmZtlvQ.jpg

>PC system requirements:
i.imgur.com/Qh9Ie78.jpg

>Characters moves and statistics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1G2SSi3eNI9aqekrhRyEOcEp-fnaoh68bO4NF6vlMfQw/edit?usp=sharing

>All assists:
docs.google.com/document/d/1Qgi3z7NDatc5vv6eJvA0xzJsyeND8eMIAxUsNZuVpmM/edit

>How to unlock Android 21 and SSGSS Goku and Vegeta:
shoryuken.com/2018/01/23/heres-how-to-unlock-ssgss-goku-ssgss-vegeta-and-android-21-in-dragon-ball-fighterz/

>Prima guide:
primagames.com/games/dragon-ball-fighterz/coverage/dragon-ball-fighterz-guide

>CouchWarriors guide:
couchwarriors.org/welcome-to-dragonball-fighterz-a-beginners-guide/

>Semi-universal combo route:
youtube.com/watch?v=vYmaCnSgqGA

>Numeric Notation Sheet:
i.imgur.com/CsTcCQJ.jpg

>Glossary:
shoryuken.com/glossary/

>[un]Official Anime Music Pack:
mega.nz/#!LIFSwCLY!v-23eKhCAONXjoty_8AitMefS54iVlLBc9-5gLdeVlU

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/yohosiefgc/status/958272452399742976
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for my boy fat buu

Second for 21

Third for true love!

Just like in my animes

>one rematch limit

Why is this legal?

I finally get matched against someone way better than me, I want to milk that shit until they get too bored of stomping me to continue, but I only get one more coaching session

join a ring match then

DBFZ has no neutral just superdash spam lmfao

>what is 2h

Learn from people better than you, then practice it against people worse than you. This is the cycle.

truth

I'm like 80 and 10 ranked
How do you get better at this video game

xth for sweet feet

with keyboard binds I'm wanting to change the rt and rb buttons to Y H so they are faster to hit rather than reaching because I lost my pinky to a butchery accident

>press a 2m neutral that wouldve put the opponent in blockstun or hit their jump startup
>they superdashed and cause it makes them float instantly it whiffs and i get punished
i love this game but fuck this gay mechanic
you have to be wary of it at all times

How will Drumpf and Dragon Ball ever recover?

What do I even do after hitting with superdash? LM 9LMH?

now you gotta post the story
don't leave us hanging

it avoiding lows on wakeup is retarded and i hate it
i highly doubt it works vs meaties so i should probably work on that but with the way wakeup works in this game it's still bullshit
it's mostly annoying because it's people mashing without thinking and it works

Haven't won a single match all today today
Guess this game is unplayable during neet hours, great, another reason to be punished for going to school at night
must be nice to have nothing to do all day besides learn infinitesimally small details of combos for every single character

Question:

How do you counter Blacks grab kamehameha?

I don't understand

how are grabs even real just superdash lmaooo 4Head

ah the classic excuse and complaint

jump

I'm going to let you in on a secret: the difference between 40 and 50 percent combos is miniscule compared to learning fundamentals.

These people are better than you because they have fundamentals, the combos are just a bonus.

walk slightly forward and zamasu doesn't grab your.

Holy fuck my man. You are salty as fuck.

I need to understand some raw basics in this game, because now that I'm red I'm getting booty annihiliated by offense since people don't dash like retards anymore, so no more free 2h spam wins from dumb /v/posters

When you're stuck in a blockstring, how the hell do you actually get out? Light seems to lose out constantly, and deflect is rough as hell to time, and they usually get back in before you get breathing room anyway because you're stuck in animation

I feel like when I have momentum, it almost always keeps up until they lose a character, and the reverse when they have momentum

I have plenty of fundamentals, but whatever the fucking reason is the game is unplayable in the morning or the middle of the day

why don't you fags hurry and rank up already

This. I lose matches because I can't approach in neutral, not because I can't squeeze out damage.

try to press the approach button

The reason is you are a shitty man baby.

I'm very happy for the both of them.

wtf is neutral this is a game not a car

Reflect better. Use Guard Change to swap out.

What was/is your main fighting game before DBFZ?

Guard change seems pretty bad, you can reactively 2h when the screen turns black and catch the super dash

smash

>/v/shitter with a broken controller that can't press down and heavy still memeing about namekian dash

Vanish. I pretty much only use my meter on vanish unless i need damage to kill something.

anyone else too much of a pussy to play online? ive played for 20 hours against the AI and in the training room and still dont think im ready

Didn't have one. This is the first fighting game I've ever really tried to learn. I'm having a lot of fun with it so far.

how do I hit crouching manlets

Keyboard users, post your layout.

WASD = Movement
J = Light
I = Medium
L = Heavy
K = Special
U = Z Assist 1
O = Z Assist 2
H = Dragon Rush
: = Super Dash

twitter.com/yohosiefgc/status/958272452399742976

>vegeta SS level 3 does like 1/3 of someones hp raw
>vegeta ssgss does like more 3/5th

yeah seems real fuckin fair to me

redpill me on blue vegeta

arrows movement
q L
w M
e H
a A1
s A2
d S
1 throw
2 superdash

How does everyone extend their auto combo that goes into the air to like 15 + hits

Wagecuck here.

I'm doing fine.

just do it. nobody cares if youre shit, just try to learn from your losses

it also costs 2 extra bars for the followup
no shit you work in NEET hours
I care

Guilty Gear Xrd.

I keep on trying to mash FD as recovery out of habit.

Where are the lists of combos and BNB's outside of auto combos?

Tekken

>when you rank down some mongo hit / 16 player

>it also costs 2 extra bars for the followup

Hmm I did not know that. Fair enough then.. still what does VEgeta SS do better than Vegeta Blue?

What exactly does Tien's Chiaotzu special do? I though it was a command grab, but trying it out it training mode it can be blocked, and once every 3 times you use it he does nothing at all.

JACKKEN 7™
also played a bit of GG on the side

>get near 500k
>everyone playing cell/goku/vegeta teams that are fucking near impossible to beat in neutral
simply
epic

like everything

A lot of classic ones as casual party games.
GG Xrd was my first "ok, gotta get serious" fighting game.

just mongo mash your invincible heavies on 16

>gets to grind out infinite games against people better than him

You're fucking lucky m8

Nobody gives a shit if you win, it doesn't matter, nobody knows your name. Nobody looks at your profile.

All that matters is your rate of improvement and learning, and winning does fuck all for that. You WANT to lose, losing to a stronger opponent is literally the best possible outcome when you're learning a new game.

Goober. It took a while to get used to pressing H after a dust instead of jumping up.

There is no point in telling him any of this. He has a shit attitude and will never improve.

Melee
Street Fighter
as of before this game, Injustice 2

I still fuck up and drop combos because of that. Only thing I don't mess up is jumping follow up to air 2h because that's what Slayer does with air 2 k

hey that's a good idea
I'm gonna start a YOU FUCKING SUCK steam group and send invites to everyone I beat

Injustice, but I'm an admitted basement king.
This is the first time I'm actively going in online rather than just keeping to myself in Arcade Mode.

Really?

The game is a few days old, it's only ever gonna get harder to break in.
If you're just starting you'll get matched with absolute shitters like myself, it's the Wild West, anything goes.

Classic. Don't forget a PATHETIC NOLIFE VIRGINS group for people who beat you.

hey guys i play trunks (he's very underpowered i promise!!) and goku black and vegeta or goku. i will do an infinite blockstring mixup combo
have a good day

Weird when I played early in the morning and came home from work I had some of the easiest games of my life.

>those normals
>underpowered

>Better than most think
majin buu
gotenks

>Worse than most think
both SSB

What does this general think of my team? 21, Trunks, Vegeta. It's been working really well so far.

GGXrd. It's still my main game, I really like DBFZ but it's not even close to GG.

this

How do I fight against kid buu frieza and beerus? They can pressure forever and when the first light hit, 50% of your life is gone if the opponent knows what he is doing

>You learn when you lose
I don't get this mindset. You learn by researching shit and practicing in training mode. Going into a proper match is like taking a test to see where you lie on the rankings. Failing that test doesn't magically make you better at the things you failed on, it only highlights it for you. However its still demotivating knowing despite all the effort you've put into practicing, that you're still failing that said test. Try getting stomped 10 times in a row and see how much you learn.

I think it's different for everyone. More perceptive people can probably tell why they lost, what they did wrong, etc. Most people probably don't learn anything from losses though, and only develop bad habits through wins because they find some shit that works on scrubs on their level but not better players.

No pushblock is going to kill this game off really, really quickly.

Looking back at the test and seeing your mistakes. Then retake the same test

But there is push block

the non-functioning online will do it in before that

Man the rage quitters are fucking unbelievable in this game, tell me it still counts as my win right?

Are you sure it isn't just connection issues?

Reflect =/= pushblock.

Do note, for some people its server issues.

What is the difference?

first fighting game, huh

5 mins in between matches.

random declines for every game.

literallyt what the fuck were they thinking. i can get games faster in SFV..

even doing an arena match there could be 6 people waiting for a game and nothing will happen for a whole minuite.. THERE IS LITERALLY PEOPLE WAITING TO PLAY AND THEY CANT

Is 21 a good point character? I was running 18 as point but I feel like I wasn't using any of her tools properly except 17's S once in a while. Everything else just comes out too slow.

I like 21's long normals. Allows me to fish for combos from a good distance. Not very big ones, but 3.1k meterless with assist from a nearly max range 2M with an option to end in move stealing seems decent to me.

You have to commit to a Reflect in the first place, there's more too.

Pushblocking did enable certain mixups on your in MVC3 but I'll take that over some of the shit in this game.

Or don't answer the question.

I think it counts as a loss and against your completion rate lmao.

I swear I ranked down once after a guy disconnected on me.

don't think so

How do you actually use commentators? What are they for?

She's better mid but can point just fine.

I don't know, but I distinctly remember being a Frieza Clan rank while fighting this guy. He disconnects on the first match, and on my next match, I was Saiyan