/2hug/ - Touhou general - #101

Moonchild edition

Previous thread >So what is this game?
Touhou is a bullet hell game made by ZUN. Instead of ship or robots it features anime girls fighting youkai and such.

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/aAGBwfny
Includes links to the FAQ, netplay guide, 1cc charts and more.

>Where can I get the games?
moriyashrine.org/ (For separate game downloading)

nyaa.si/view/979648 (All in one pack)

>Game running at 30000FPS? Game screen size not to your liking? Experiencing some input lag? Download Vpatch and apply it.
en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Game_Tools_and_Modifications#Vsync_Patches

>Touhou 16 and 15.5 on steam! Please support the official release.
store.steampowered.com/app/745880/__Hidden_Star_in_Four_Seasons/

store.steampowered.com/app/716710/_Antinomy_of_Common_Flowers/

>Fangames pastebin (Contains a fixed version for game breaking bug in FMW2)
pastebin.com/Jc2e0wLm

>/2hug/ Highscore Spreadsheet! (If you want to submit score, use the term 'score' somewhere in your post)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bl1ZiZUqNdbP2OK_W7q6xG6A6FIG78LPfJQrouu6ol4/edit#gid=1978990074

Next you're going to say is why "isnt' this on /jp/?"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/oALWRubuVWk
youtu.be/BsBgCYL9Dn8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

About fucking time
I was about to make it myself
And you don't want that

Anyone up for some PoFV?

Only if you post the continuation of that pic.

squeak

There is none.

Honk

Why is Jo'on the better sister?

She isn't.

Because, once you find out they're both scammers, you might as well go with the one who has style.

Just look at her!

>no stockings
she's an improper lady with an incomplete outfit.

Post IOYSS/touhou flashes!

youtu.be/oALWRubuVWk
youtu.be/BsBgCYL9Dn8

Best

She's too mean for waifutards

she's a gold digger that'd leave anyone in a second after she steals their dosh

I want her to suck me dry!

>implying that's a bad thing
She can suck everything out of me any day.

Do you think she could teach a fellow gold digger like me her secret?

Alright /2hug/, out of all the crazy yokai and monsters left, which one do you want to see turned into a character? Doesn't need to be of Japanese origin, any creature counts (because a Dullahan sure as shit is not japanese).
>all these years Touhou's been a thing and no Futakuchi Ona
Unless there is one and don't seem to remember it.

I'll turn the tables on her and suck her dry instead!

Seriously though, better she drain your money than drain your blood or eat your flesh like SOME youkai.

Stop sexualizing the loli goddess

>this nigga
To be new again

Not sure if related, but I really wanna see ZUN's interpretation of Tenma

>Seriously though, better she drain your money than drain your blood

But that's wrong. There's nothing more sexual than your 2hu drinking your blood.

Your body can produce more blood. Your wallet cannot regenerate money.

Gashadokuro is cool. Might as well include a kirin too, as Rin Satsuki.

post objectively great character designs.
I'll start.

Remi's a light eater so really having her feed on you is probably no worse than getting your blood drawn for donation. You're right on the whole getting ate part though.

I wonder who could be behind these posts

It'd be interesting is she comes back as a full-fledged hu. I'd bet people would call her by two names, so as not to confuse with the other hu, but then, that hu's mostly called by her nickname.

>cannot regenerate money.

Good evening 2hug.

Sorry for the late response, your post is interesting as fuck
> Touhou's gameplay is dependent on the third dimension of time.
>It's a seemingly obvious remark at first. But, the more I thought about it, the more it changed the way I played the game. I started to see Touhou as a contest between my reactions and danmaku velocity
Could you elaborate these? Especially the third dimension of time part, sorry to hear about your eyes though, someone as cool as you doesn't deserve to have such problems, but such is life.

Funny you say that hostanon, I had a dream where you responded to my post with nothing but your IP and "adonis2" the line after.

Care to make my dreams come true?

>tfw no money

I bet it's Sakuya. She's trying to get our blood for Flan's blood pastries.

Sakuya uses Mokou for that stuff. Mokou doesn't mind.

89.70.114.94:10800
adonis2

>Blood pastries
user, it's described as human pastries. It's not blood, unless that's been changed in some printwork.

That's outdated.
Very.

I think he posted an outdated image for good reason.

This one's outdated too. Special props to ZUN, tho.

Actually that was just the first one I found in my picture folder. I would include the HSiFS cast and the Yorigamis as well

Yeah fuck the the sightly newer charas and their secondary shitters amiright

Yes actually. A lot of the newer characters have weaker designs in comparison. I only really like half of HSiFS' cast and the Yorigamis are just sorta okay.

DDC was the last good game

Whew the game crashed, give me a second here.

Nah man you are just a cunt.

HRtP was the last good game

UFO was the last good game

blue mokou is my wife!

My 2hu's game was the last good game

Why is your wife so poor

Ah yes, because Sakata, the boot sisters, that jizo statue are all memorable characters with stand out designs right? Which is why people only talk about the dog. HSiFS had some really weak designs. The AoCF designs are a little better, but Shion is literally just a blue Mokou.

true love can only exist in poverty!

Pick one.
I pick Marisa's mom...!

Mystic Square was the last good Touhou game. The rest were great.

>SSiB swimsuit Reimu, Marisa and Remi
wew

Yes, stay a hipster cunt forever, shitter.

I want Kasen to be my fuckbuddy

I pick the gap hag.

I know its a god, not a monster. But i really want to see ZUN version of Mara. But like, the shin megami tensei one.

Why is an old lady posing with two perfectly nice women?

Yeah, Okina is out of her league with those two seventeen year olds.

>Evil mass murdering sociopath.
>Holier than thou animal lover.
>Potenial Rapist

Is none of them a option?

Guys, a secret hidden phantasm stage was just discovered in the steam version of HSiFS!

>Potential rapist
>Actual mindrapist
I think Okina is only slightly better than Yukari, depending on what you consider "worse than death"

>Childhood is powerlevelwanking over Yukaru
>Adulthood is realizing Okina is the better sage

What's she done so far? has she done anything besides rape a couple of children and try to replace them with Marisa?

>true maturity is realizing that the sages are shitty keepers of Gensokyo, all around

She's the sysadmin of Gensokyo

So is Yukari and Kasen so it's not like she's doing anything new or interesting.

She told these assholes to fuck off

She's been the firewall of Gensokyo for 200 years

Yukari is the maniatic gardener
Kasen is the contrarian bitch who got kicked out of the club

An outdated, turned off, firewall.

Short (~0:30secs) video with whimsical bgm, actual video was a closeup of one of Alice dolls(Shanghai, I think) blinking to the tune. It wqs really fucking cute and I can't find it.
Please help me /2hug/

Isn't that Yukari and Reimu's job, Yukari being the one who put up the boundary in the first place thanks to the whole "manipulation of boundaries" thing and Reimu maintaining it by maintaining the Hakurei Shrine? I'll be honest, Okina is my least favorite character in the past decade.

She needed the faith from the HFiS incident to boost her bandwidth, she's all updated now.
Yukari fixes holes in the barrier, or Ran does that. Reimu solves problems inside the barrier. Okina prevents horrible shit from getting in.

>Okina prevents horrible shit from getting in
But how? Isn't her ability the exact opposite of Yukari's essentially? Allowing things to go through?

Her ability is extremely versatile and she uses it to protect Gensokyo from the outside world to some extent. Which reminds me that Sumireko was probably going to get buttfucked if she continued any longer and there wouldn't be any spellcard rules.

Both are pretty bad. But Yukari's evil is bigger in scope. I would also still rather deal with Okina than Yukari. Becoming Okina's brainwashed slave isn't good. But it's still preferable to being killed and eaten once Yukari getx bored of me.

No, that's just stupid. Okina's a fucking garbage character. I'll buy her using her minions boosting Yukari to make the barrier, but really you're just describing her as being more omnipotent then Yukari theoretically is. I sure hope you're just spouting secondary fanon bullshit.

Hell, Okina is a god, maybe she'd let you have a try at creating a demigod.

"She is also one of the sages who created the Gensokyo of today.
She protects Gensokyo from the outside world, can move anywhere she likes, and at some point without realizing it at first, she gained a mysterious power to control both vitality and mental energy, which she uses for her duty of keeping Gensokyo's balance intact.
Her menial tasks are usually entrusted to her two douji servants that wait upon her (ie. Satono and Mai)."
From ZUN's omake.txt

Well good games, that went much better than last time, but you still decked me. I think I should be spamming level 2's more often, especially since Sakuya can move anywhere while doing that without taking damage.

As always, thanks for the matches

From that description it sounds less like she uses her own ability to do it specifically, but more clever use of her servants or possibly just moving people around. She's still not much better and I certainly would not mind her not existing.

I wanna protect Okina!

Foolish, cute humans.

If there are three characters I want to see ZUN try his hand on, it's the Three Terrible Yokai of Japan:
>Tamamo no Mae
>Ghost emperor Sutoku
>Shuten dōji
I wonder what roles each would play and just how of much of a threat would they be to Gensokyo/Yukari's puppets.

>Shuten Doji
Already been done, she's called Suika Ibuki

It outright says she protects them from the outside world, her servants do pretty much the same thing Ran does I.E stand in for her except they rely entirely on Okina.

Lv2 spamming is the absolute peak of PoFV strategy. Everyone should be doing that, all the time.
Looking forward to playing with you again.

You can still directly be responsible for something but directing other people to do it for you. After all like you said, both her servants stand in for her.

Sure.

My efforts to improve started on the basis that if I died, then I probably never even saw the bullet to begin with. I started to test this by reviewing replays. Most times, whenever I died it was because I was never looking at the bullet that killed me. Even if I properly read the danmaku, there was still a chance to die if I missed the input to dodge. I started to think about the game's presentation and how it expects you to win. More questions began to pile as I crawled towards the 1cc.

>How many bullets could I dodge without looking directly at the hitbox?
In this context I don't mean trying to play the game without holding shift, but trying to play the game by looking at the bullets rather than the red circle in the middle of the character I'm playing.

>Could I dodge everything if I look at my hitbox exclusively?
If I held shift and exclusively looked at the center of the character and tried to dodge every bullet within my vicinity I found myself getting smothered by bullets I never saw.

Touhou became a balancing act of these two ideas for me and it turns out the nerds that run the Japanese Touhou strategy wiki figured this out years ago. As my Japanese literacy continued to improve (with some help from google translate) I found their strategies to be incredibly helpful.

I could go on referencing their intro to schmups page as well which talks about the mechanics in great detail.

I think Yukari, Reimu, and Okina's jobs can best be summed up like this.

Yukari is the President. She makes sure everything runs well.

Reimu is the federal police. She keeps the peace.

Okina runs the secret service. Both internal and exteranal. She makes sure enemies of the state disappear.

>exteranal

I'll give okina some exteranal loving, if you know what i mean