/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

A trip to Ace Hardware = kernel access edition

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.6 via magnethax or system transfer)
Switch: 3.0.0
Wii U: 5.5.2
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05
PS3: 3.55 (4.82 for 25xx models (minver 3.56) and below)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Wii U: pastebin.com/DhfG6z7F
Vita: pastebin.com/6DjeR08L
PS3: pastebin.com/6rH9Fc2E

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
[Dec 20] Luma3DS 9.0 commits several lingering tweaks, including open source modules into a new stable release. github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases

>Switch
[Jan 8] fail0verflow have announced shofEL2, a coldboot exploit for Nvidia Tegra. wololo.net/2018/01/08/fail0verflow-announce-coldboot-exploit-nintendo-switch-say-interesting-times-ahead/
[Jan 8] kgsws has released a homebrew launcher UI, which is compatible with Pegaswitch and therefore 3.0.0 only. wololo.net/2018/01/08/nintendo-switch-kgsws-releases-homebrew-launcher-gui/
[Jan 3] qlutoo has posted an image of a Homebrew launcher GUI. More info coming on February 1st. twitter.com/qlutoo/status/948690228763680768
[Jan 2] New product by Team Xecuter will hack "any Switch" and be "absolutely future-proof". There are no details for now, but it's probably a modchip. It's coming out this spring. team-xecuter.com/team-xecuter-coming-to-your-nintendo-switch-console
[Dec 28] plutoo, derrek and naehrwert held a lecture at 34c3. switchbrew.github.io/34c3-slides/

>Vita
[Dec 28] ReNpDrm and ReStore released. wololo.net/2017/12/28/restore-updated-to-beta-42/

>PS4
[Jan 8] Flatz has published a writeup concerning possible ways of installing and running custom packages regardless of firmware. wololo.net/2018/01/08/flatz-writeup-ps4-package-files-open-console-convenient-native-homebrews-piracy/

Other urls found in this thread:

psxhax.com/threads/ps3-backup-injection-for-games-with-lic-edat-on-ofw-4-81-4-82.3917/
pspx.ru/forum/showpost.php?p=1106126&postcount=1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

5.x never

What games worth playing can I do on my 3.0.0 switch?

super

slim

when

>had a problem where all my games were gone and my sd2vita's ux0 wasn't showing up
>got this fixed
>but now some games are missing and vitashell always shows I have 20gb of space left no matter what
>the weird thing about the missing games is that it wasn't the most recent batch of added games that are missing, it's the ones I did last month
>also every game is showing that it's my first time playing down on the activity log thing
What the fuck is going on, /hbg/?

op pic looks like something from a tentacle hentai
>this is my fetish

>finished a few games that interested me on the PS4
>everything else I already bought before the hack or is superior on PC
I think I fell for a meme

>tfw too dumb to try the method of running backups just posted on pshax

I guess I will wait for the official CFW for Super Slim

Is it more of that "make a backup of everything on the console, inject a game into it and restore it" bullshit?
It's honestly not worth the trouble

What ever happened to that wiiu crunchyroll exploit?

Wasn't it just not that useful compared to other options?

What method?

Anyone have any info on prof abrasive? Is he actually a scammer or a fraud? Fucking 2 years for saturn flash carts.

Haven't touched my switch in a while and now it's making me update my console before I can update my game. How do I still update my game?

What game is it? Some games require different firmware.

Splatoon 2

Splatoon 2 requires 2.3.0 firmware so If it just forces you to update to that version then you should be fine. The max safe firmware is 3.0.0

I have 3.0.1 firmware and it's still making me update.
I know it's not 3.0.0 but I'd still think it best to not update.

You can't download anything without updating your console to latest
Why do you even want to update though? All the updates add online content and you can't play online

I thought I used to be able to play online without updating my firmware.
So basically it's either hope some CFW ever comes for my version and never play online in the meantime or just update and give up any chance of hacking it?

where to find ps4 hen pkgs?
the ones on ps4hax have been nuked I think

psxhax is a cuck

I don't disagree but they're the only ones with pkg rips afaik

The team xecuter modchip will supposedly work on any firmware. So if you're willing to pay money to get CFW in the future, you could just update now and enjoy your games.

My 3.60 vita got smashed to the ground and the screen broke. Is there a way to make a 1:1 of ALL the data that was stored on it to another 3.60 ps vita?
Thanks a lot for any help guys

I deleted all mine since he wants money to edit your own posts. I debated if I want to push my uploads back to webz but I am so tired of the toxicity of the dev world. Don't release, ppl mad. Release, ppl mad.

What are you talking about? The uploads are fine

>tfw no brainlet program to make PS2 games playable on PS4
>tfw it will probably take a year or so just to make one

Just wait for others to upload them then, there's quite a few ps2 pkg around

>see a brigandine grand editon on nicoblog
>already patched in english v2 and converted aa eboot
>it has that unholy fucking english voice acting shoehorned
Fucking WHY?! Cant fucking find anything else anywhere unless i patch the games myself with idk what file and convert it for psp

Sometimes the games they post ends up crashing my PS2 or they just disappear from library if I pick another game. It's all just fucking weird.

>mfw I finally got around to getting a 3DS and hacking it
>not going to buy a Switch until it's as wide open as the 3DS
See you guys in a few years.

the zippyshare ones are all dead

who fucking cares?
just upload your shit, you're the one choosing to partake in the drama

>the zippyshare ones are all dead
which ones

I tried RE7, TLG, Infamous and FFXV
'file couldn't be find on the server'

dang, didn't download any of those, didn't even see TLG

I think they *just* took down all mega and zippyshare links today
Sony is watching

junpei a shit

Persona a shit.

When sync'ing a third controller to my backwards compatible PS3 I get this on some PS2 games.
Timesplitters 2 works fine with 4 players for example but how does the "ps2" detect a third controller without a multitap?

>the missing games are still in my app folder but don't show up even if I refresh the live area
Doushio

Rebuild the database.

How the fuck do I get the external hdd install working on a Hen PS4

You should be able to choose your controller slots by pressing the Home button while the PS2 game is running. Set it to B/2 or something like that.

Looks like it's another backup injection thing.
psxhax.com/threads/ps3-backup-injection-for-games-with-lic-edat-on-ofw-4-81-4-82.3917/

I'm trying it right now.
It's complicated as fuck and not compatible with some games but if it actually works it's better than nothing.

No bully

Can I have online status enabled without risking getting banned on the 3DS nowadays?

No.

How would I best go about playing a PS2 game - which wasn't on PSN - on a Rebug PS3? Didn't see anything about emulation in the OP pastebin.

Some Google links said I could just put it in hdd0/PS2ISO and play it via Multiman, but I just tried for TimeSplitters 2 (USA) and just got a black screen (though the PS3 interface worked and I could quit the game normally with the PS button).

I believe you need to go into rebug toolbox and enable something. I forgot what the exact option is, sorry, hopefully someone can recall. After that you need to mount it in multiman and then just run it on the dashboard.

Nobody really knows.

If you use homebrew in .cia format, no.

>one week until the used n3DS xl arrives
>who knows how long until chinks send r4i Gold Plus
I've used the original teal Old 3DS to death, now I can't wait to mod this xl and play games on the bigger screens

>After that you need to mount it in multiman and then just run it on the dashboard.
Yeah, that's what I did, just without doing too much in the toolbox. That's probably what's missing then. I'll check it out tomorrow, getting late here. Cheers.

So is the only thing that happen when you get banned, that you can't play online games like Pokemon any more? It would seem like common sense to not go online with your heavily modded console full of pirated games

And then you replace your friendcodeseed with a public one that hasn't been banned yet, and go on playing online.

pspx.ru/forum/showpost.php?p=1106126&postcount=1

Can confirm this method works on super slim 4.82.
Took ages but I successfully injected Portal 2 from a clean PS3_GAME using the russian guide and I'm playing it.

Is there a gba emulator that has fast-forward and works on an o3ds xl?

Yes, you can't play online once banned. However, it is easy to unban yourself if you do get banned.

Speculatively, the only way nintendo actually knows if you're using CFW is if;

>You use homebrew in .cia format with the internet connected

>You play games before release with the internet connected

>You play leaked games online before release date

The ban waves revolved around leaked games being played online early. At this point, nintendo are probably pooling all of their resources into combatting switch vulnerabilities, so as long as you don't do anything I pointed out above, you should be okay.

>always have my 3ds connected
>all homebrew is exclusively .cia
Unless you're dumb and didn't turn off the "Send information to Nintablo" options, this has absolutely no bearing on getting banned.

How would i go about updating the firmware on my 3ds from 11.4 to latest
Do I just update luna on the sd card and I would be fine
I already have b9s, or is that already outdated

The left USB port on my PS3 is busted, will that be a problem when hacking or can I get by with just the right one?

You literally have to use the right one (it's dev_usb000) so you're in luck

yeah, I saw that. Reason I asked was because when I swapped the hard drive, it needed to reformat which required both a USB with update data and the controller to be connected via usb, but I got around it with a USB hub.

It works with 4.80? or I need 4.81/4.82

I think it's 4.81-4.82 only.
No reason not to update anyway.

>>not going to buy a Switch until it's as wide open as the 3DS
>See you guys in a few years.
Switch is already as wide open as the 3DS dumbass, it just isn't going to be public for a few months.

>Switch is already as wide open as the 3DS
No it isn't.
Any 3DS firmware can be hacked to give us access to everything down to the bootloader, and piracy is trivially simple to the point where we can download and install games directly from Nintendo themselves.
Meanwhile, the Switch has a homebrew loader on specific firmware versions with no options for piracy yet, and the only one on the horizon is going to be a mod-chip.

Why do you feel the need to lie about things like this? Where do you think you are?

I got around to getting pegaswitch set up, but I'm not sure why I bothered.

it's an inquisitive lamp ya dummy

switch piracy when

Eventually. Once someone gets in with the morally superior and "leaks" the shit needed to run games.

>Meanwhile, the Switch has a homebrew loader on specific firmware versions with no options for piracy yet, and the only one on the horizon is going to be a mod-chip.
Switch is getting software only CFW on all fw below 4.0 you fucking retard. It has userland, kernel, trustzone and bootrom hacks. Why are you talking about something you clearly don't know anything about?

We have most of the tools to make that happen though. NCAtool and the upcoming TZhax. Sure the main teams working won't support piracy but they have DEFINITELY given us enough tools to have piracy. Someone else has to do it that's all.

>It has userland, kernel, trustzone and bootrom hacks
And how many of those are released publicly?
I understand that you're mad someone called you on your lie, but the Switch isn't as open as the 3DS yet.

Learn to fucking read
>it just isn't going to be public for a few months

So it's not available yet, and therefore the Switch is still locked down for everyone but three users at most.
What is your argument?

Just because you can't use it right now, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
The switch is pretty well blown open. You personally just have to wait to get your free games that you feel entitled to because you managed to buy some hardware.

That the guy who I was originally responding to(probably you) is fucking retarded for saying that the switch won't have hacks for years.

>three people say they can pirate so the Switch is blown wide open
Nope, it doesn't work that way.
>you feel entitled
Projection isn't an argument. I don't even own a Switch.

>saying that the switch won't have hacks for years
I never said that. I said it wasn't as open as the 3DS, which is true. You sperged out after that.

If bill gates said a new version of windows was coming out, but didn't give it to you, does it really exist?

To whoever mantains the pastebins, I want to suggest you to mention that you must rename flsh.hex to flash_482.hex for it to flash your nand/nor. I also want to thank all the unhelpful people here for not suggesting this when my ps3 locked up everytime I tried to flash my console.

>>saying the switch won't have hacks for years
>I never said that.
>not going to buy a Switch until it's as wide open as the 3DS
>See you guys in a few years.

Not that guy but he means the Switch won't have easy full access for years not that the Switch won't have hacks for years. God this thread is full of autists.

First of all, you're implying that these people teasing exploits on Twitter have the same level of credibility as the guy who used to own Microsoft.
Either you realize how ridiculous that sounds, or you're a delusional follower.
Second, for all intents and purposes the operating system wouldn't exist unless released.

>t-that post from 6 hours ago has to be you because I got mad at them too!
You even expressed doubt that you were talking to the same person, and now you're 100% sure that no one else could possibly think we have lower access to the 3DS than the Switch... Surely you can't really think this.
We didn't even say the same thing, you just assume we're the same person because you can't comprehend two people disagreeing with you.

>Second, for all intents and purposes the operating system wouldn't exist unless released.
God damn, you are stupid.

How about you do it yourself, you buttmad weeb?

That's the extent of your argument?

>Not that guy but he means the Switch won't have easy full access for years not that the Switch won't have hacks for years
That is wrong. CFW is coming soon.
>First of all, you're implying that these people teasing exploits on Twitter have the same level of credibility as the guy who used to own Microsoft.
Team Xectuor has been around since before you were born, have never lied and posted proof. SciresM is the one who created the modern 3DS exploit b9s. Fail0verflow posted proof.
> for all intents and purposes the operating system wouldn't exist unless released.
if me no have it, it no exist
>We didn't even say the same thing
Yes you did. You both said the Switch has not had it's security as compromised as the 3DS which is factually wrong. reswitched, team x, and failoverflow have compromised everything.
>you can't comprehend two people disagreeing with you.
This is not a disagreement, you are factually wrong.

>CFW is coming soon.
Says who? It sounds like you're suffering buyer's remorse and require validation. All your sources have "confirmed" is that they're releasing an exploit, and they've pushed back releases for a fucking homebrew launcher for Twitter fame.

>Team Xectuor has been around since before you were born
Team Xecutor have only been around since 2002. If that seems like an astronomically long time ago to you, you're probably too young to be here.
I'll believe the Switch is as open as the 3DS when it is, not when people like you are singing the praises of people who claim that it will be.

>replying to tranny dicksuckers
you people never learn, do you

Says the creator of b9s and pegaswitch. But since you're so much more knowledgable about switch hacking then him you should got make your own exploits and CFW. Since his is fake and all
They released a decryption key for the bootloader which would be literally impossible if they were lying. but feel free to think whatever dumb shit you want, just stop posting your stupid thoughts here so you don't mislead others.

Not him, but it's long enough to not want to waste their reputation for no reason.

I really hope this is ScrotuM posting without a trip
Because if it isn't, this level of dicksucking is just pathetic

This isn't dick sucking. This is evidence being supplied to try and shame some cave man. It's the opposite of duck sucking.

Personally, it sounds to me like the Switch has to wait while the 3DS is already open.

>new IP
>duck sucking
did you really just use your phone to samefag? that's pretty pathetic

>hur dur everyone found out I'm retarded I'll just say they're all a samefag

Newbie here

what's the best resource for SNES mini hacking?