Escape from Tarkov - /eftg/

Quickstart Guide, resource ref sheet and FAQ:
pastebin.com/KhTaGq4E (embed)

Maps with Extraction Points:
gamemaps.co.uk/game/tarkov

List of Trade-In Loot:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1S0driY-17iz7Ihg3QQrIQnVDn_k3huCzxtzrGKCjnRA/edit#gid=0

List of Quest Item Loot:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t85qw8eSbu-o3mkNTm7SVtwrQVOOkQuN6y2aldqEj64/edit#gid=0

>Discords
"""""OFFICIAL"""" EFT discord for beta news:
discord.gg/8KsHTGF
/eftg/ official US based discord:
discord.gg/BEEk538

>Latest major patch noes
forum.escapefromtarkov.com/topic/55179-patch-063871/
reddit.com/r/EscapefromTarkov/comments/7rl41p/patch_notes_for_060861/

>Ammunition info (questionable validity - wiki appears to me to be the most accurate)
escapefromtarkov.gamepedia.com/Ammunition
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HVNodTxYYzr1EtAasUqkdS89nTpD55tsnpTrEwfKFBI/htmlview?sle=true#
tarkovballistics.blogspot.de/

Other urls found in this thread:

clips.twitch
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Previous thread

>when Scavs activated their wallhacks and aimbots

>want to bring magnified optics to Shoreline but optimization and unity bug be like

What am I looking at here.

Ivan reaching for the stars

any plans for wildlife and feral animals?

rare terminator scav spawn

they only spawn in when the timer turns red. It's the scav clean up crew to force you to head towards the exits. If you manage to kill them they drop WHOLE bitcoins and golden chain chains, also the only known way to find a scav wearing a scav backpack.

hatchlings are already in my man

clips.twitch
tv/BoredWonderfulWalletDoubleRainbow

post in the OP

oh shit lol

Wait what, t-1000 scavs are real. The scav clean up squad really does spawn in when timer goes red, Huh that might explain some things.

This game doesn't deserve urban legends.

i had a scav spawn with fort and kiver
dunno how he got it
was not fun when i unloaded 10 rounds into him and he still remained standing

What do you think of putting a Wartech gear rig (10 slot) in your Gamma effectively giving you an extra slot? Good idea?

to add-
War tech
1 2x2 slot
2 1x2 slots
2 1x1 slots

I tried this meme but i found the hassle of opening the rig too much to bear. I want to take/place those critical safe container items as fast as possible so i dont get killed.
Plus it doesnt let you store 1x3, 2x3 items. Not worth the 1 extra slot imo.

Not worth the hassle for me either. There's only really a couple things that I want to keep in my secure container. The rest of it is just the really valuable loot like gold chains and bitcoins (and any Ops Cores I find). 1 more slot is whatever. Doesn't bother me that other people do it just like the people using the gamma to stack a million T-bags doesn't bother me.

This shit is literally unplayable. How the fuck do you guys do it?

>also the only known way to find a scav wearing a scav backpack.
I just got a scav backpack a good 15-20 minutes before the end of the raid so i doubt that.

You can drag and drop into rigs now

Even then, things like money, keys, taking things back out. All that inventory tetris when you are full of loot and need to swap priority items starts to get annoying with one extra step involved.

>cant see what I have in my bags when im trying to unload my scav stuff

is this intended? losing out on shit because lel cant see inside your bags

you didn't have the right artifact equiped lel. Should have checked in raid you pleb now you have to pick up or throw away mystery bag.

Probably not. It's probably one of those things they're aware of but see it as too low priority to bother with for the moment. After all, we did just get the ability to double click bags open and put attachments directly onto other attachments.

>dump all 3 of my pistol mags into a pair of scavs
>nothing, they don't even seem to be wounded
>say fuck it, pull out axe, go hit them
>hit reg works perfectly
Why the fuck are people playing this?

you didn't hit them or you hit armor

this isn't COD m8 where your gun is lazer with a constant straight bullet trajectory. If you move then the bullets are not going towards the middle of your screen. Those monitors with built in laser pointers won't help you out at all here m80.

they weren't wearing armour and they visibly flinched when i shot them, the game is just fucking broken

nah

Is Xeno or Shus worth keeping?
They're both 3x1 cans of some kind of sealant, solvent or something.
I've never seen these before and wondering if I should hold on to them for a mission later on.

I think xeno trades for something worthwhile, like by itself. Prob a med or something.

Salawa

its caulking/sealant foam, and xeno sells for salewa at rapist

will wd-40 have any practical use at some point? like greasing door hinges to make opening them silent?

yes if you put them in a vest equipment you can press ALT or CTRL + a key to activate like an oil slick ability. Down side is you can be tracked. Nikita confirmed this along time ago. Also interacts with zibbos.

>Inferno skav runs up and bearhugs you
what do

tri not 2 cri

is running fast fort on factory profitable? I'm too scared to bring my only fast MT out
I'm currently just spamming factory with 74n hexagon + paca, but fort players shit on me

If you really are getting shit on by them while bringing an AK and Paca, the better armor isn't suddenly gonna make you start wrecking them. But yeah, factory is really profitable, especially now that dogtags are a thing.

yeah, getting 6 hits 6 damage vs fort is discouraging
I wonder what the most cost effective loadout is for factory farming, considering the times you die and lose everything
I'm still making pretty good profit with 74n and paca tho

Yea I just did 3 damage 3 hits against fort using the 74n and PS ammo, the fuck is up with that? I thought HP ammo was the shit ammo that didnt nothing against armor?
Fucking hate fort, seem to die exclusively to fortfags.

the only way you're going to beat a forter with an ak74n is to take them by surprise, which would be very difficult if they have coms fitted in their fast.
best bet might be to spam nades when you see him looting

AK + Paca is probably one of the most cost efficient loadouts for farming Factory. What ammo are you using? Use PRS/PP/PS or BS/BT/BP. Other than that you need to avoid head on fights where you don't have peeker's advantage and/or surprise.

It's 6A armor in game, roughly equivalent to NIJ level IV body armor, which is rated to stop 30-06 AP rounds. So 5.45 takes several hits to start penetrating. Fort gives way too much mobility for the protection it affords imo, and it's too easy to obtain. Hopefully it gets toned down when we get more body armor types in the game that offer protection levels between PACA and Fort.

>So 5.45 takes several hits to start penetrating.
I'm lvl 17 and pretty much only have the akm or the 74n to choose from. Should i be using the akm instead against fortfags?

>have over a dozen armor penetrating ammo options
>almost none of them mean anything because fort ignores all but special sniper/dmr rounds

Grenade launchers and rpgs cant come soon enough.

Either is fine. The 5.45 ammo is a bit less penetrating but the weapon you're firing it with offers a better rate of fire and more controllable recoil, and the opposite is true for the 7.62 rounds. Just use whichever you're better with/like more. You need to think more about outplaying them than winning a straight up firefight against them.

yeah, the only gun that can pierce through fort is the RSASS with the new AP ammo, other guns can only reduce its durability, and then you'll start doing damage when it's trashed
I'm using HP ammo, I shred through everything but fort. The one time I killed a fast fort guy, I legged him like 5 times and he dropped
yeah, going for leg shots is the only thing that has worked for me so far, and I only won because I had the jump on him

>can only obtain from rare scav spawns or by trading 7 gold chains to skier at max shop level
>people complain that it actually stops bullets like heavy armor should

fort is fine as it is.

It's stupid that it protects both arms completely, considering it only has shoulder pads in the model. If you shoot a fort guy in the forearm, it is protected by the armor

adding to this, you can shoot a kiver guy in the face and it'll be just like shooting him in the back of the head

maybe when the facebox is added they'll put in separate hitboxes for the forearms as well.

It's a good idea IF you have a docs case to store money/keys/maps.

I agree that people complaining about the protection it offers is a bit silly since 6A is the highest body armor class within its classification standards, but the mobility you have while wearing it seems like a bit much since your character is supposed to be wearing.

AKM forever, AKM for life.

It's the gun you'll realize is for when you decide to take life seriously.

There's really nothing better right now. Mod it up a bit and you'll be amazed at the results.

Once you get a bit higher, RSASS is fucking delicious too, seeing as it one taps a fast MT.

Any ideas why skier won't let me buy his 4th tier rep items?

Try restarting the game or doing a raid if you haven't done one or both of those already. Usually when that happens, something (player level, loyalty level, money spent) hasn't updated properly.

This. Also buckle up for frustration because sometimes the reputation level number bugs out and appears higher than it actually is, you may have more skier missions in your future.

PSA; Do not EVER EVER hand in Chemical pt4 to anyone but Skier.

Skier is number 1 priority always. Don't piss him off.

Already restarted, so I'll try for a raid.

> sometimes the reputation level number bugs out and appears higher than it actually is
That would suck

>buy new mouse with more buttons for more quick hotkeys
>half the actions in the game can't be mapped

lmao ree

needs smaller hitboxes too, neck shouldnt be completely covered, neither should sides. if they're gonna give it realistic strengths, they need to give it realistic weaknesses.

Do you need to inspect armor before you put it on?

Dang, I'm going to do some more quests with the assumption that the rep level is bugged.

Never mind, we gold

You can't equip unknown gear so yeah. Only need to do it once ever though

The thing is, when you hit and don't penetrate, you only do one damage, BUT, the armor takes a lot more damage than that. It would be nice to get an armor damage stat in post-raid so you know you at least shredded their protection, which happens a lot.

The devs have said repeatedly that current stats aren't final, I think it's very likely that fort will become more situational, making you much slower. Might be the kind of thing you relegate to your pointman only, just like how it's used in real life.

That is pretty dumb but whatever.
I figured when I couldn't put on a fastmt and died because of it.

They nerfed the butt pad, does it even have an effect on recoil anymore?

-5 instead of -15

What happens if you hand in chemical pt 4 to someone else?

>trade in my precious gold chains for that fort armor
>die to a single frag grenade
On a completely unrelated note, frag grenades seem pretty good.

You gain rep with them but lose it with skier.

You need more wallets.

I basically never solo with fort because solo runs are just dangerous as fuck no matter what you do.

Also frag grenades vary from type to type. RGD-5's make good scare tools but aren't reliably deadly. F1's are pretty brutal and m67's are fucking great.

I really don't have much in the way of rare items, I've just been grinding cash and rep.

Yeah it was the F1. I didn't know the m67 was better. It was also an extremely lucky (or good) throw, I couldn't even see the guy and was in a small dorm room, which means the nade must have ended up in the hallway right in front of the room.

m67 is definitely better. More fragments, much lighter, the thing is practically artillery.

It's an adrenalinÄ™ drug. We hate it vigorously for its faults, but once you are in Tarkov, there is no escape. No other game offers butt clenching experience like this

I fucking love this shit, the frustrations are minor to me at best.

Giving away this tri-zip with the following contents to whoever replies with the best screenshot (ie the one I like best):

>Handsome short-SASS that blows away fortfastfags with ease, 240 rounds of m61 AP ammo included, 2 extra mags + suppressor
>FastMT with faceplates
>A keybar with some spare keys that are OK and I don't care about anymore.

Reply to me with a discord ID/screenshot and I'll announce the winner/contact you tomorrow sometime.

The screenshot can be of anything in tarkov, could be funny, brutal, pretty.. I don't care, just try and impress me clowns.

I wish I had the patience for fast fort and ridiculous peek advantage. Anything else I can handle.

Eat shit, asshole.
Reset your account.

>discord

i hope mods purge your fucking autism thread

>clowns

rude
At least offer weapons/items case with language like that.

is this game good or shit

i don't want to spend that much money on a game that'll end up being shit

since it's a typical slavshit game, does it have issues like
>desync
>world's worst balance
>awful optimization
etc?

Yes on all 3 counts.
Its still the most interesting fps game on the market right now.

You actually nailed the issues. Wait for open beta

This is why I hate Slav developers. They're the equivalent of Pajeets and Chinks.

Will the open beta reset everyone's stats and inventory?

To be fair western developers on the same budget are just bad.
Even at a higher level, Battlefield 4 was a dumpster fire at release.

Most likely yes on the wipe.

The real difference is, their games are strangely fresh and interesting even despite major issues. Compare that to AAA playing it so disgustingly safe, it's been reskin nightmare for years.

anyone got a chance to try the forum rpg?
I was going to till i read those stupid posting prerequisites

Not my problem if you don't want free shit, get a taste poorfags

> muh FREE STUFF
> in the game where you can kill a PMC with this stuff
> in the game where you can grind this stuff easily
Here's another (You) for (You) dumb tripfag.

I had my first satisfying noob kill today. Spawned as a scav with bolt shotgun, shoreline. I get on that boat leading to the island and suddenly some guy misses twice with his own bolt action. I chase him and shoot him once then run away into cover and wait. A few minutes later I decide to look and find out that he bled to death. This game is really satisfying

>spawn as scav with vepr 209
>shoot at player scav, 3 bots rush me
>kill them with almost no ammo left take a saiga shotty
>go in the direct at gas station and move along the fence
>look around the grenade shack
>PMC with silenced AK
>Hide next to the shed
>peak again
>fuck there is 2
>Hide in corner again
>first one passes right in front of me
>second one in front of me
>kill both from the back with saiga
>loot both,armor helmet 2 Als and 2 As val
>move towards extraction
>see a head poke out at the pipeline
>instant headshots me at 100 meter

Fuck this shit.

>reddit says taking a gun in and out of secure container is a glitch/exploit

Can someone explain?
I thought this was normal, like putting any other item in your bag. Ive taken out plenty of automatics that fit in my gamma.

>believing literal cuckolds
cucold.
Tarkov balances by making shit expensive. It'f fair if you pay top dolar(in game) and get top gear.

or you pay the same for shit
like all submachineguns and shotguns
i just wish they made those dirt cheap so ppl would stop hatchet running everything

I didnt say i believed them necessarily. But they talk about it as if the devs wanted to fix this but didnt.

isnt that the bug that your shit can't be picked up after you put and then take it out of gamma? or are we talking about something else?