/neog/ - SNK and NeoGeo General

SNK's new online shop is open:
snk-onlineshop.com/

KoF Destiny animated series out now on Steam and SNK's youtube:
store.steampowered.com/app/642890/THE_KING_OF_FIGHTERS_DESTINY/

Latest episode:
youtube.com/watch?v=py6E47fK4RM

SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy coming to Switch and PS4!
nintendo.com/games/detail/snk-heroines-tag-team-frenzy-switch
youtube.com/watch?v=-sNP7l71miI

Geese Howard in Tekken 7:
youtube.com/watch?v=mXCZ0mnapMw

Oswald revealed as newest DLC character for KOFXIV
youtube.com/watch?v=mu4yaDeTsyw

The Last Blade 2 is now on Steam!
youtube.com/watch?v=77BDTOORbMk

KOF XIV Special Anniversary Edition for PS4 is now available!

KOFXIV now out on Steam!
store.steampowered.com/app/571260

Get KoF 98 UMOL in English:
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ourpalm.kof98.us

New MSA Extra Ops:
youtube.com/watch?v=5oqURKv8IdE

KoF Destiny game trailer
youtu.be/kOTUGI-nrDs

New SNK mobage Kimi wa Hero is out (JP only):
snk-corp.co.jp/official/kimihero/

Latest tournament footage:
youtube.com/watch?v=YGDi1iGo5eE
youtube.com/watch?v=QPT4Aa92mPg

DandyJ's beginner guide:
youtu.be/Ye3KVgI1LvU

KOFXIV Punish Guide:
youtu.be/AxWvmrQAd9o

Community resources:
dreamcancel.com/how-to-play/
Search for the "King of Data XIV" app on your mobile device's store!

Discord group:
discord.gg/HYAQYFh

KOFXIV gallery/OST:
pastebin.com/mYwAPcM0

Play older games online on Fightcade. compatible roms DL:
mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw

Links for the Steam Artbook
>PDF drive.google.com/open?id=0B2546QRNPRPxb1VyemE5N25kb00
>jpg mediafire.com/file/758z1r4yzo66w54/KOF_XIV_Steam_artbook.rar

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

web-ace.jp/youngaceup/contents/1000078/episode/1432/
youtube.com/watch?v=t37mgXPQg-o
youtube.com/watch?v=5ITdzGAyjNc
youtube.com/watch?v=UnOF4FvbPf4
twitter.com/gatoray_kof/status/958347835530919936
twitter.com/orochinagicom/status/958238896009117696
reddit.com/r/kof/comments/7u3pex/snk_please_make_kof_15_with_arc_system_works/
twitter.com/ViolentKain/status/958704793777827840
mp.weixin.qq.com/s/U1S9mnqX4g_wG6fWtagwWQ
twitter.com/VGDensetsu/status/953347430078124032
youtube.com/watch?v=96GpqhfxSFI
youtube.com/watch?v=mDTUcaGqi54
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Chapter 1 of the 40th anniversary manga. Apparently the driving force behind it will be mc teaching the girl about neo geo games since she wants to learn more about them because her crush is a huge fan.
web-ace.jp/youngaceup/contents/1000078/episode/1432/

I wonder if they'll cover any pre-neo geo stuff. My gut tells me it won't be likely.

Have some EVO Japan side tournaments.
youtube.com/watch?v=t37mgXPQg-o
youtube.com/watch?v=5ITdzGAyjNc
youtube.com/watch?v=UnOF4FvbPf4
There's a SSVS tournament that's unaccounted for.

The twist is that the boy was her crush from the start

Wouldn't doubt it.
All I want is for prehistoric isle in 1930 to at least get a passing mention.

Is it true that this is what Nakoruru's new outfit references?
twitter.com/gatoray_kof/status/958347835530919936

That's a bit of a stretch, especially since the girl in that ending is butt naked under that cloak.

Get outta here, Clork.

wow, that's some early 80s shit
like lum anime
i doubt it though, all that girl wears is a cape and little else

You guys are probably right. Although I think it's not the first time I've seen it mentioned.

Western vampires, as depicted by the Japanese, typically wear cloaks like that, regardless of what (little) they wear underneath.

>go on twitter to check the KoFXIV hashtags
>there's still people around that want SNK to partner up with Arcsys for KoF or use that style
>there still people that believe XIV is chinese made
I thought those were dispelled already. Then again there's people that still throw around the ps2 meme.

SNK is not averse to collaborations unless it's current Capcom, then they're a little leery.

>spoiler
*i'm* leery of such an idea
they're just a bunch of stocktrader suits running things these days

I am glad to see the american flag in Takuma's dojo. Its like a reminder to himself of his wife and the heritage of his son and daughter.

slayers is great
except for the stuff after next

Try is great too.

Unusual but cool crossover.

it's also a pretty old pic

Not that unusual, since Obari has a few Fatal Fury OVAs under his belt.

>obari
>slayers
???

Shows what I know.

Gatoray shouldn't be taken too seriously on those matters, he tought Amber (pic related) was based on Zero Suit Samus when it was a very obvious Space Battleship Yamato reference.

SEIGI NO MIKATA

*Insert Kula sucking on the tip of Clork*

>all those comment answers for having KoF DLC released 1 a month
>most of their reasoning being because it'd keep it "alive"

twitter.com/orochinagicom/status/958238896009117696

Is KoF 97 GM a UM revision or its just the straight game with (probably bad) online play?

Info out seems to indicate just game with online.

>People still blaming the chinks
>People still wanting crossovers instead of more SNK games
>"Capcom should buy SNK" "Arc System Works should make a new SNK game"
>Every moron in the comments

Sounds like shit I'd read on EH, /v/ and any website related to Capcom fighting games.

Jumped on reddit to see if those retards said some dumb shit again. And behold

reddit.com/r/kof/comments/7u3pex/snk_please_make_kof_15_with_arc_system_works/

>Hey things are loud and echoy in this echo chamber of mine.
Technically not the most correct use of the phrase "echo chamber", but it felt fitting. Still, of course it's easy for KoF fans, that follow and look for other KoF fans see the positive buzz of things, but that's just few tiny people in grand scheme of things. Not the opinion of the masses.

The thing is I don't know if SNK would be ok with such an art style for KoF. It might fit the style for other games, but not KoF.
The devs have already mentioned in the past why either cell shading like GG or "using UE4" as the people in there put it is a no go.

They've mentioned that an inspiration for KoF's look was R-Type with it's sort of metallic look. If one looks closely in every single KoF the characters do kind of have a metal-ish hue to them even when lit on fire. Would the devs suddenly change that after 14 main games? I doubt it, it wasn't what they were going for initially nor for any main game including XIII. If they thought about changing that I think they would've done so long ago.

As for UE4, idk if these people know what they are talking about. If devs are not experienced with 3D, a game engine wouldn't change that. It's not the engine that determines how good a game looks, but the people using it. It's just a tool. Just like using a fightstick for a fighting game doesn't automatically make one good at FGs, UE4 doesn't automatically mean "models will look good". If I'm not mistaken these people mean is that they want realistic-ish highly detailed looking models like Tekken or SC. If I'm not mistaking doesn't the amount of deails on a model also depend on the type of shading the game will use? Would models like those work with the type of style KoF is going for? I mean the devs already came out and said that they tried using UE4, but ended up foregoing it for various (valid for SNK) reasons.

Also it's not that the current models themselves are of really low quality, it's mostly the shading that screwed them over. Try sticking those models in environments with different shading like in SFV. They still haven't quite gotten it right. As with any other game the models can always be tweaked.

>b-but Kyo's face
Ok, it does look different, but is it really lower quality than the others/does it have a drastically lower poly count?

The Future Is Now.

HYAKU MEGA SHOCK
NE-O-GE-O

yep

I really don't understand how releasing one character per month would keep the game more alive than making a pack with 4 of them, to me it just make people who really want a character, but aren't sure about the others to just buy only that one, while if you release a pack with a discount for the 4 of them and it's in the same day 3.0 comes out, the person have more chances of wanting everything at once since the hype is bigger.

Also, I really don't like this season pass model thing, when I buy a game I want it complete, it's beyond me how some people can be happy with the company """supporting""" the game by announcing day 1 DLCs and a no ending of more things to buy each month.

I wonder how Kula will/would be in a few years in her 20's. Slutty or open minded about sex? Innocent and pure? Emo with PTSD?
I guess she will be influenced by her husbando K', cool uncle Maxima, onee- chan Whip and even Diana/Foxy. It's a weird scenario.

She won't be a slut because thats what Angel is and she hates Angel more than flames.

Probably because Angel was originally on orders to destroy Kula (and her handlers Foxy and Diana) if she stepped out of line in the service of NESTS. Now they just plain don't like each other.

I feel the same, but try telling that to the people replying to gunsmith's poll.

I think she'll be similar. She may not be an outward slut, but she could be for her one and only.

Speaking of Angel

>Angel - bf.B now hits crouching opponents(Buff)
>Athena - hcf.A/C needs to be more close so she can grab(Nerf)
>Andy - dp.C Has now an invincible startup(Buff)
>Hein - St.C has a bigger horizontal hurtbox(Buff)
>Iori - Dp.C can no longer cancel on the second hit(Nothing new)

twitter.com/ViolentKain/status/958704793777827840

>Iori - St.D the hitbox is shorter and has more recovery frames
>Iori - St.A is no longer +4, it seems to be 0
>K' - j.B can now crossup, it has to be precise
>Luong - St.CD down hurtbox is bigger, if she gets hit, she gets closer

>Hein

Fuck nevermind that says hurtbox. Nice nerf.

>Shun'Ei - f.B can now hit crouching opponents
>Terry - qcb.B/D now hits 2 times
>Yamazaki - qcb.B has less recovery frames
>Yuri - d.C is no longer 3 frames, looks like it is 5 frames, can no longer combo from d.B

>Mai - j.B The crossup now needs to be precise and there is less hitstun
>Mature - dp.A/C the crossup needs to be precise
>Rock - f.B can now be low profiled
>Ryo - j.B can no longer crossup
>Ryo - d.C is 4 frames now
>Ryo - d.B is +2 now
>Nakoruru - d.C horizontal hitbox is back

So much nerfs. And now Mai is the only character with a 3F normal.

KOF doesn't put as extreme an emphasis on specific frame count like Street Fighter V does. People make a big deal about 3-5 frame moves in SFV, but I've not heard it come up that often whe discussing high-level KOF.

>>Yamazaki - qcb.B has less recovery frames
No longer punishable on hit? Nice.

I rarely come across high level KOF discussions, more to do with the fact that no one that plays at a high level talks about it, so I wouldn't know. I was just pointing out that Mai is the only one who had it. Ryo and Yuri's dC was definitely a strong point for these characters, since they had access to a very fast AA and combo into it from clB or crB.

>Eventhubs article on the silhouettes
>besides heidern, mary and middle eastern girl thinks characters could be ash adelheid, and shen
>reasons varying from connections to ash/oswald to ash saga reasons
I, don't know how probable those would be.

Where are the KOD's changes?

None of the characters from the first DLC pack have any immediate connections to each other. Vanessa and Whip's connection, if any, is tangential at best (that tangent being Heidern himself).

mp.weixin.qq.com/s/U1S9mnqX4g_wG6fWtagwWQ

>5million pre registration
>5million

Shit...
No one tested him out. Maybe a Japanese player did, since they like him and play him.
None of those fucks have ever played Adelheid lol. Not related but I find it funny how people wank certain characters just because they're X's son/daughter.

twitter.com/VGDensetsu/status/953347430078124032

>Former SNK artist Jin Mera, AKA Eiji Shiroi (Samurai Shodown, Fatal Fury, Sengoku 3), willl be at the WonderCon 2018 (Anaheim) on March 23-25.

Shiet are those for that KoF destiny game?

>None of those fucks have ever played Adelheid lol.
I remember testing Adelheid in XI and realizing immediately how he is not Rugal, not even close. A lame copy.

Yep. The game looks pretty good, I'm sure the spritefags would be all over it.

oh shit

In all the ghetto patch notes, there's been no mention of KOD. Likely no one has tried him significantly.

Good shit.

There's sprites in this? The site just shows a bunch of artwork

youtube.com/watch?v=96GpqhfxSFI

Yeah, from the video of the beta that was crcling around a while back it seemed to be decently robust for what it was. Shame it got taken down pretty quickly.

Wow, looks surprisingly decent for a mobile game. You get those on occasion I guess.

Oh shit, I spoke too soon I guess there was more than that.

I hope they release an english version in the future, game looks interesting. I also like the character's portraits I'm glad Billy they didn't opted for pachinko Billy

Meanwhile, that other game, I think it have 'Destiny' in the name as well, looks like shit.

>clicked on a random part of the video
>Joe is throwing molotov cocktails at one of those cranes with the huge magnets that lifts cars up
Kek, I don't know why this made me chuckle like it did.

You mean KOF World? That game looks wack as well as the re-designs. The only good thing about that game is the potential of Chizuru being in the next KOF game

>They hired a VA who is very well known in the anime industry.
>Her portrait is different to Goenitz and CYS. Its a 3D model similar to the XIV portraits.
>Mature also has a new VA along with Goenitz
>Voice acting during cutscenes.

>eventscrubs
nahhhhhh
maybe i need to make an eventhubs version of no-fair guy when they get btfo

>They hired a VA who is very well known in the anime industry
You mean my daughter wife Cocoa's VA? They also hired Kakuma Ai for Yuri in XIV.

>Kakuma Ai
Whenever i hear that VA i always hear "Haoh Shokoken!"

Yes, that one youtube.com/watch?v=mDTUcaGqi54
The OC characters are terrible.

I'm not sure how I feel about Chizuru re-design, it would be nice if she got a new outfit, sure, but this one seems too overdesigned and the boob window isn't something that fit her character at all.

It could be worse. As long as it gets across that she's a shrine maiden, then it's fine.

I'm going to be so salty if this doesn't release in the west

Nona went all out in her sex appeal. Usually her tits are modest.

too lewd for cheez honestly.
i actually really liked her outfit, wouldn't mind an actual update to it though

cute.
i know i'm not getting her though.

She's a bit underwhelming to be honest.
And my wife Nova is still the cutest.

Soon

What? a new Saigado?

My wife Leona is cuter.

>Falcoon pencil sketch
That's a rare one.

"No."