/owg/ - Overwatch General

Now playable edition

>Blizzard World, the latest Hybrid map, is out now, along with new permanent cosmetics
youtube.com/watch?v=4I8BAPk-Lsg

>Latest comic
comic.playoverwatch.com/en-gb/yeti-hunt

>Latest PC patch notes
Live: playoverwatch.com/en-us/game/patch-notes/pc

>Overwatch dev tracker
overstalk.io

>Hero tips, tricks and basics
pastebin.com/Qf2AKa8R

>Source / Quake mouse sensitivity converter
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>Personal stats / leader boards
overbuff.com
masteroverwatch.com/

Old

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/6bzpzDvL
d1u5p3l4wpay3k.cloudfront.net/overwatch_gamepedia/d/dc/Moira_such_a_flawed_creation.ogg
us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761088072
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Waifu filter
pastebin.com/6bzpzDvL

>Playing comp properly for the first time in 2-3 months
>Actually having fun again
Is this what it feels like to live in the golden age bois?

>It's a "xQc farts for one full hour" stream

d1u5p3l4wpay3k.cloudfront.net/overwatch_gamepedia/d/dc/Moira_such_a_flawed_creation.ogg

Mei!

>Now playable edition

Skillmouse and his bullshit ult charge time is still there though.

>check out this saebel fella
>literally starts wailing when things don't go his way
I know it's supposed to be ironic, but goddamn I can't stand this shit

People will still pick Mercy, she can resurrect 1 player every 30 seconds and her autolock healing is top tier, especially during Valkyrie.

Will OWL play on the old build until the end of the first season?

How strong did the Soldiee Enhancement program make its soldiers? Are we talking Jason Bourne strong or Master Chief strong?

get 3 stack of 2 mercy otp's and a junk otp, all picking tanks instead, 4th player also a mercy otp, picks tank..

4 tanks, me on moira and a soldier.

Getting reported and told to kys by all these shitters dropping SR by the houndreds because I tell them it wont work.

Listening to them screech about how OP phara is really makes my balls tingle.

Until the end of the first stage that ends on February 11th. Stage 2 will have the current build.

no
they are playing moira now

Do we see Reapers son in the reflections comic?

>coming back on the day of mercy nerfs

what did you expect

>Now playable edition

Not while winston and d.va are must-pick

autolock healing is good for platbabs. OWL players can use ana or moira to heal way more. The healing isn't even that big so they can use lucio for his utility too. Mercy was literally only used for her rez capabilities.

Keep in mind that Jeff said that "they will listen to feedback carefully" and will buff Mercy again if the nerf is too harsh. Wouldn't be surprised if he panic buffed Mercy because of the knee jerk reaction Mercy mains are having right now.

Enjoy while it lasts.

Lose Doomfist shields and instead give him cooldown reset on kill on either uppercut or slam ( not rocket punch that would be too op)

Console certification costs time and money. It's not something they can do straight away

Their ults don't last 20 seconds and they don't undo your picks.

If they have to buff Mercy back I hope they only give her the second res back with ult, keeping everything else as it is now

They can on PC if they really want to. See Bastion.

lol
she's not broken

"uuuuuh... torb on attack?"

>Jeff said that "they will listen to feedback carefully"
They're not listening.

her losing the second rez is by far the most important part of this nerf, if she gets that back and nothing else then the other nerfs are useless mercy will still be a must pick.

>MUH TANKS
says the increasingly nervous zen main for the fifth time today

Torb's turret is really good, it's an extremely threatening sentry that cuts off lone flankers with ease because it's so strong and durable.

Is what i would say if Torb wasnt complete shit and emblematic of why Blizzard's balance is fucking laughably shit and why i exclusively play torb on every map.

zen is good vs tanks mretard

>still has the best single target healing
>no delay on casting
>buffing that when she still has damage boost, mobility and still the only person with res in the game
C'mon, It reaches a point when you have to tell Mercy mains to practice what they preach, smart positioning and use a fucking microphone. Res is going to be shit as it ever was if you can't get someone to tank or cover before you swoosh in to die.
When the cast time was put in, it was easy to adapt to her res. Get your tank to stand in front of you, or a DPS to take out the person who will target you. It's just like when you revive in Dirty Bomb or Battlefield or any other FPS. Don't rush in to suicide res or revive before you've eliminated the threat.

uggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh--

--Sym?

tank meta would probably be a combination of moira ana and lucio. zen can discord and put out damage but a tank squad would roll over the top of him and his team.

oh hes good against everything yeah

>"If the widow doesnt get a pick within the first 30 seconds i'm throwing"

Which panties should I wear in order to become a good Mercy main?

>fuck, they got a widow
>press E, Hold down M2, Release
>fuck, they got a pharah
>press E, Hold down M2, Release
>maybe try M1 if you want to spice up your gameplay a bit

whichever matches your current skin's primary color
when activating your ult, put them all on
m1 headshotting feels fantastic tho

>Mercy gets nerfed
>all the bronze,silver,gold,plat, no aim having support mains will now pick throwgrannie

They made no skill braindead piss witch for a reason.

>Mercy main
Too late to the party, baby

Who?

Moira is way too difficult to be played by Mercy shitters. It doesn't matter how many golds you have as moire when you can't keep the your team alive.

If her team is at a disadvantage a second res without instant res would still require them to put in work. It wouldn't be able to instantly flip the flow of a big fight like it used to.

>he's a mercy main

>get two jerks on my team
>they act like toxic dudebros
>one is named monkaS and the other is named poggers (third-party twitch emotes)
>report them and mention that their names are referencing pepe the frog, an icon of hate speech
>1 hour later I relog and get the "Thank you for reporting" message
>dumb frogposters BTFO

BASED BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT

>Watch csgo
>heart pounding out of excitement
Explain this

Roasties will keep playing Mercy because that's all they do. Pros will go back to Lucio+Zen. Everyone else will play Moira

So now that we finally got a patch with a grand total of 2 balance changes, how long will it take for their next one?

You realize those are automated massages being send regardless if something has been done or not?

i cant

8 months

Why have I gotten two warnings and no bans?

Because Daddy Jeff believes you can reform, just like xCUTEc. XD

us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761088072

Do most Mercy mains really want the old res back? Let your team die, press shift and Q. Wow, such exciting gameplay.

This is the only thing that bothers me. I've seen some awful mercy mains trying to play Ana, they never have a mic either. It's fucking horrible. They're the type of people that use their piss nade to heal themselves.

Yeye, they believe that they can change and promise not to play hide and seek for the MASSIVE 5 MAN RES XD

>mercy changes

She's useless now ain't she?
Is she back to her S2-S3 uselessness?
Who are the meta healers now?

We can't know until stage 2 starts.

No, she still has res, still has the best healing per second outside of ana's nade buffing something else and still has an amazing amount of movement if you're not dumb as a rock.
The nerf was just balancing her ult out. Only now you won't have an instant regen hero flying around at double the speed from target to target during her ult.

Not exactly useless, her Valk is still strong and there's really no reason to keep holding it after the nerfs, so there's gonna be a lot more valking Mercy.
Been seeing a lot of Moira/Lucio and Lucio/Zen at 4.1k

Ana without nade and Moira outheal her. The only thing that Mercy has over them is that she doesn't have to aim the healing and her healing doesn't get swallowed up.

She's still good on pharah maps.

What about Moira+Zen?

Me on the left

She's better in those maps than Pharah is anyway.

Don't you fucking lie to me.

fag fetish

Please tell me owl is played on the live patch

Me behind the camera

>balance fixes once every 4 months
>only 3 new heroes a year
>but hey, here are a bunch of event skins to buy, good soygoy!

This game is so slow , even for an indie dev like Blizzard...
How hard is it to come up with two abilities and an ultimate, slap it on to some reddit-approved character concept?

I've saw it a few times but usually the Moira/Zen get fucked real fast by a dive.

Me shrinked in Pharah's shoe

Still top tier healer
Still top tier slut

feb 22nd ;^))

What are the best heroes to play that requires no team coordination/communication?

I am gonna turn voice and text chat off and just treat this game as PvE. So flankers like genji/tracer probably?

>wake up
>remember Mercy got nerf'd yesterday
Today is automatically gonna be a good day

>mercy nerf outrage on tumblr
>mercy mains threatening to hack blizzard

I play every character like that, got to master so far.

>three mercy mains on my team
>two of them are both girls and playing d.va and zarya
>into pharah and zen
>d.va uses defense matrix for herself
>won't take on the pharah
>healers falling like the Berlin Wall in the late 80's
>2nd round is attack
>playing d.va and zarya into the same comp but now with Orisa and Sym
>No-one can push through the wall
>someone suggests a winston
>trying not to be toxi
>Zarya saying she has 74% ult charge and refuses to switch
>50-ish seconds before the round is about to end
I thought these retards knew about protecting your healers and creating space for the DPS, why the fuck are they being this braindead. This has to be on purpose, right?

it happens every nerf, just like every nerf shes still OP

Don't lie. Tracer has better standards than that.

>play healer every game
>always get dps that is absolute dogshit
>shitty comps, sometimes no tanks at all
>get silver elims with lucio/gold elims with moira, objective kills, etc

this game is fucking terrible

>son
He's in LA so it's probably a relative. Younger brother or sister that's married with a kid.

>How hard is it to come up with two abilities and an ultimate, slap it on to some reddit-approved character concept?

Jeff has more important stuff to do. Like making videos about fighting toxcicity.

Stop playing healslut. Don't you dare think about tank cucking either. You'll just be a shit d.va/roadhog.

Why don't you play dps then, support cuck?

>ginger is better than brown

If only we had CLAAAANS.

But that would be too OBVIOOOOOUS.

Yea, I bet "clans" would fix that ratards' double digit iq.

>322% winrate
>1600 rating
What did they mean by this?

Clans = no more suffering with randoms.

>Bronze game
>Trying to reach below 500 SR
>Find a team that communicates a lot
>Decide to carry the shit out of them due to their good communication
>We win
>wish them good luck
>Went back to my throwrun

Did I do the right thing?

Link?

why are some streamers switching their audio to other languages after having played in English since the game came out

i'll have you know i'm in the single digits percentile for iq you fucking faggot so suck on that

Things that I don't care about:
>streamers
>e-"sports"
>millennials

because it's fun, nerd.

>POOST WHYFOOS AND SUB-GOLD BLOGS ONLY