/dbfzg/ - Dragon Ball FighterZ General

snug 8er edition

old thread >Basic mechanics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1rrh_EWca6MB1WUZfjIZ97LYhYspshivHjM352KmZ4g4/edit?usp=sharing

>PS4 and Xbox controls:
i.imgur.com/FmZtlvQ.jpg

>PC system requirements:
i.imgur.com/Qh9Ie78.jpg

>Characters moves and statistics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1G2SSi3eNI9aqekrhRyEOcEp-fnaoh68bO4NF6vlMfQw/edit?usp=sharing

>All assists:
docs.google.com/document/d/1Qgi3z7NDatc5vv6eJvA0xzJsyeND8eMIAxUsNZuVpmM/edit

>How to unlock Android 21 and SSGSS Goku and Vegeta:
shoryuken.com/2018/01/23/heres-how-to-unlock-ssgss-goku-ssgss-vegeta-and-android-21-in-dragon-ball-fighterz/

>Prima guide:
primagames.com/games/dragon-ball-fighterz/coverage/dragon-ball-fighterz-guide

>CouchWarriors guide:
couchwarriors.org/welcome-to-dragonball-fighterz-a-beginners-guide/

>Semi-universal combo route:
youtube.com/watch?v=vYmaCnSgqGA

>Numeric Notation Sheet:
i.imgur.com/CsTcCQJ.jpg

>Glossary:
shoryuken.com/glossary/

>[un]Official Anime Music Pack:
mega.nz/#!LIFSwCLY!v-23eKhCAONXjoty_8AitMefS54iVlLBc9-5gLdeVlU

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Mastaklo/status/958503097466281985
twitter.com/MothTier/status/958242944036646913
youtube.com/watch?v=elciGTNCxys
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Vegeta is a tsundere

Stop posting this unfounded blasphemy.

Does anyone have a second or third team? It's weird that you can queue up with different teams when most fighting games, especially team ones have people sticking to their mains

I switch between my 3 teams.
My baldies
My purple guys
And my big guys

LEAVE SEAN ALOOOOONE!

I don't.
I absolutely love my team!

get bullied

It is good if you are experimenting. I don't want to have to go back and select my team after i wanted to try out Frieza once. Some players will have multiple teams though, I've had scenarios where I've felt my team isn't good for dealing with this

dead game OMEGALUL

Is there a lobby avatar for pink shirt Vegeta?

Does this combo only work in the corner?

I tried it midscreen, but the super dash always misses. I can jump after 17, but then I won't get another air jump for some reason.

Why do people call android 16 cyborg even though he's not a single bit human?

To most people "Cyborg" and "Android" are just synonyms for "Robot".

But that's not true, cyborgs are half human and half robot, like cyborg tao.

I didn't say it was true. It's just a popular misconception.

Yea well anyone who thinks that is stupid, just like the people who think the japanese use SSJ even though they never have and have always used SS in all their promotional work.

we've been over this. mexican dbz is more canon than japanese and mexicans use ssj

>mexicans are retarded

no surprise there

Anyone here knows a good air bnb for kid buu?
Something that can be done after anti-airing with 2H, so no superdashing.

so is this game good? should i buy it? how does it compare to SF and mvci?

I'm from America and when I was growing up everybody said SSJ.

Holy shit, the 3v3 with individual characters is way too fun.

Where in the fuck do I discuss DBFZ? Shoryuken doesn't have subforums for characters and dustloop has practically no discussion.

With us friendo

I want raw data
I guess SRK it is

r/kappa

I'm pretty sure those guys don't even know how to not mash

and? mashing is optimal gameplay

The problem specific to DBZ is that of 16 to 18, one of them IS and Android, and two of them aren't.
Then there's 19, who possibly was an Android, looking like that, but might have been a Cyborg, and 20, who definitely WAS a Cyborg.

None of this touches on the film with Super Android Trucker Hat and Now I Am Blue For No Reason. Where it's pretty vague about all three as to whether they were androids or cyborgs.

I have Nappa as a point and Tien as an anchor, best assist for Big Guy that is not vegeta ?

19 was based off of a mannequin Gero saw, so unless he asked a guy to get a cosmetic surgery it's 100% robutt.

Holy fuck you guys, stop putting Tien on anchor he literally just kills himself

twitter.com/Mastaklo/status/958503097466281985

he's in boys
hoping he's fun

yes. yes. better than SFV, haven't played MvCI but I'm assuming it's better.

I know right he also benefits a lot from fucking assists

So I wanna make a bunch of teams heres what I got:
>Main Team
Nappa/Vegeta/Freeza
>Team Badmen
Freeza/Cell/KBuu
>Team Best Dads
Bluegeta/Piccolo/A.Gohan
>Team OG
Kuririn/Tienshinhan/Yamcha
>Team Supershitters
Hit/Blueku/Blackku
>Team Love
Kuririn/18/16

What other meme teams can I make?

who doesnt ?

Cooler is cool, but that basically confirms that dead ass my fucking guy will be in the game.

Can you please explain to me why there are people who immediately go to apeshit when I tell them that I like to use SS Goku, and tell me that I should use Blue if I want a real player? What wrong with Super Goku?

Nothing. Blueku is a shit

Nothing. SSB Goku has some awkwardness to him.

How do you instant airdash cancel during a combo, like shown in this example?

twitter.com/MothTier/status/958242944036646913

I've tried both input methods and I can't get it to work. Either I'm doing it completely wrong or the timing is extremely strict.

are you stupid? Super Saiyan Blue is way stronger than regular Super Saiyan, if your team isn't Goku Blue Goku Black and Beerus you're gimping yourself

I know there's at least one combo string a Lvl7 Tien can pull off that uses Sparking that does something like 90% off a health bar. But like you say it DOES involve hurling a level 6 Shin Ki-Ko-Ho/Neo Tribeam at the target. I literally saw it just yesterday.

But yeah, unlike others used as Anchors, I feel like Tien would benefit a lot from a more balanced team that has taken out at least one or two of the other team before it gets down to just Tien.

I know that Blue is stronger, so what?

Is it just me or is the default arcade stick layout awkward as fuck. Using assists in combos is fucking hard when I have to reach to the other end of the stick to hit the assist buttons.

I want fifteen year old kids out of here.

youtube.com/watch?v=elciGTNCxys

What do you think about VegetaBlue?

He's ok, but ss vegeta assist is better, imo. So I'd go with that instead of blue.

Toppo and Jiren will be added to the game and there's nothing you can do about it.

It's fine. I'd like them.

Jiren yeah. Still not 100% sure about Toppo, even with his God of Destruction form. We might still get LSS2 Kefla instead.

I do think he is in, but many times games will have VAs record a huge range of lines just in case they do something with it later. Would be pretty annoying to call back the announcer to just say a few names

How the hell do you time assists to extend combos?

The real question, that everyone should ask, is not whether or not there is Cooler, but how many characters the game seems to be predisposed to add.

literally impossible unless you've been playing marvel for 10 years

How could he possibly be fun? He is boring as fuck in the movie.

Depends on the assist, they have different startup speed and ranges. Generally you use them after you do the move that'd end the combo and is not a super.

Try it out in training mode with good and easy assists such as SS Vegeta, Cell or Goku Black. Once you can use them in your combos, try out harder to use assists that could fit your team better.

And so? Do people here really think this way?
Arc will invent a gameplay for him.

but user, i dont like him and he's not canon which means you shouldnt like him either because i said so >:(

Is there any reason to end an air combo with a special? Using H instead deals more or equal damage and results in a hard knockdown.

A lot of people want Broly. Teoretically, not even he is part of the Canon.

But Cooler has less action in his own movie than Piccolo does fighting Cooler's men. He has less action than Raditz. He's an excuse to draw another Frieza with a big dick transformation. Frost has a better argument for inclusion.

Some specials knock down, some can be used to pull off two supers in one combo (see: Goku).

But I still do not understand what your problem is. The characters of Dragon Ball Z, if we do two counts, are not so many. When you have a cast list of 38-40, you have room for everyone.

whens mr popo?

why is it in the past day everyone has suddenly become tryhard mortal kombat x players that copy the same set up combos their favorite pro player uses

it's like the only combo people use in this game anymore are the midair light-medium-light-medium-heavy launcher into assist swap to repeat the combo again

heh ur bad kid

>some can be used to pull off two supers in one combo (see: Goku).
Really? How do you do that?

Correct me if i'm wrong, but is SSB goku pretty much limited to anchor? I've found no good ways to use assists to extend combo's with him, nothing I could practically do reliably in a match at least.

Also is his TK divekick plus on block or am i just getting away with murder after blocked 2h with it?

>tfw I came up with that assist combo on my own

is that what people are actually doing? so everyone is actually just copying ME is what you're saying? figures.

>Hit and Black on the enemy team
>Chance of a DC happening when they lose goes drastically up
REALLY makes you think.

>I still have to unlock SSB Goku

Vegeta was quite easy, but for Goku, the Arcade mode hard compensates the poor Ai with an exaggerated damage, so even if I win, the grade is lowered to B.

just don't get hit lmao
or grind zeni
or pay $2.50 or whatever

Play the first story on hard. Was enough for me to get over 500k.

I hope this is the Cooler we get. I hate his transformation, it's so bad.

I unlocked him yesterday, got S in the first two fights, A in the next 2, C cause I got fucked up by levels 3 and let a character die, then B and A. I didn't even reach the "last boss", went up to Beerus, but in the end it was enough to A rank and unlock blue goku.

I think we will have normal Cooler with the second form as install.

The combo challenges are garbage

nah, there's no way they'll give him a physical transformation in any capacity. he's either going to be in his base form all the time or transformed.

I would be okay with Base Cooler but I think Meta-Cooler looks way better. Doesn't really make sense for the DLC to be a Meta-Cooler though I guess since they're mass produced.

some of them are good honestly, but the majority are bad. it was a good way to familiarize yourself with a character though, that much is true... and coming to realization that character you really wanted to love was not what you expected. looking directly at you, Majin Buu.

Agreed and i changed it to be more like guilty gear

what is the default? I don't even remember
I'm using:
L M H
S A1 A2

I changed it to what you are using currently, way better
standard is
L M L+M A1
S H S+H A2

how2counter these fucks that just crouchblock all game and fish for launchers

Still having trouble with people exclusively using the turtle -> 2H gameplan. I am aware of overheads but they just get countered by the 2H.

dragon rush?

oo, yeah that's really strange. I'm guessing it was set with pads in mind, probably makes sense on a 360 controller or something.

6M till they give up.

And even funnier are the people who now use SS instead of SSJ so they won't get attacked or accused of being a pedro when it really doesn't matter what abbreviation you use and people have used the latter countless times in the past with no issue. If more energy were dedicated to actual discussion, the Dragon Ball threads would be a lot better in /a/.

use LLL LLLLLLL as a mixup instead of the usual LLL superdash LLL

Charge ki and bait them

I think I finally get it now

I NEED MORE LEAKS

someone please tell me we arent wasting slots on goku vegeta and 17, tel me it was just a bad dream

but i want 17 :(

nope you're not getting jiren or gogeta buddy

Fuck off, 17 is cool.