/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

BASED FLASHBANG RAPTOR OF HELPFUL INVASIONS AND CUTE SCALES EDITION

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/
↳A limited edition Rathalos PS4 Pro has been announced for sale outside of Japan. Check your local retailer for more details.
↳Weapon movesets: pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous Thread:

Royal Ludroth is KING of monsters.

Which monster do you miss the most?

Why would I ever put anything else on my palico
It' sso fucking cute

>I used to be a monster like you, then I took an explosion to the knee
xD

>DB need elemental weapons to be good
>there are no good rank 7 or 8 elemental blades

DB has to farm a fuck ton of augments to really be viable

Nips keep carting to Vaal. I thought they were supposed to be better than the French.

>completed a quest
>zorah show up again for you to farm
>alright, waited long enough
>finished the quest, zorah show up again

t-thanks zorah

But it's not getting married..?

What monster is your favorite monster?

w-what?

I need this now. How do i get these cats to spawn?

What's a good HR hammer armor?

its getting married to my axes :3

That Barnos saved your ass. I've been in that exact situation and it was the fourth and final chin slam that carted me.

2 Rounds of Xeno, we can turn it into a general HR rotation hub after that:

6jiLTbP8nKfb

Does anyone have a weapon popularity poll or official statistics on it?

where's my punchy exploding boxer capcom?

Zorah appears randomly, and more frequently the higher your HR is, but when he appears, he stays on the quest list for 2 quests, so you can just do him twice in a row when he shows up.
Not sure about that last part but it makes sense considering they said that the optional appears twice

outsmarted

Can anyone tell me what the best end-game HBG and LBG are? I want to know what to farm for but I have no clue how these weapons work so I don't know how to judge which is the best

>Lesbian dragons

Rajang

Rathalos is literally the biggest cuck in MH

Does jump master not apply to the insect glaives jumping ability? It says it’s supposed to prevent knock back in the air, but I still get swatted down

That barnos is a bro

the Tobi version of both weapons is really fucking strong, because of their capability for Slicing shot

Flesh Dog. I love how he fights even though I've only ever died twice to him

Teo

Where do I get piercing claws from

Can your Hunter get this in the game?

DELETE THIS

I don't understand the point of bazelgeuses EXPLODING ANKLES
he just uses his burning dingleberries to explode the bombs, not his legs

Since they're adding Jho in later, you posted it.

whats a good lbg+set for HR?

trying to kill bezel at close range sucks ass when he explodes all the time so i want to just gun him down

>3 people started new threads

>Uragaan
Out of all the monsters, they had to bring back that snorefest

The average nip playing is a preteen getting in his hour of game time before cram school.

>no japs posting that special event quest they got at an event for special armor/LS
fuk u jpn

> he stays on the quest list for 2 quests, so you can just do him twice in a row when he shows up.

no, that is not how it work
that mean you can go out and do 2 different quests, and he will go away. not that you can do him twice in a row

the first time i do him after the story, he just went away and didn't come back much later. the HR helped but it is all about luck desu

>tfw taking my time with the game and not rushing to HR
A-Any LRbros left here?

How do I start the game?

No you'll probably be able to buy it as DLC down the line

I miss Wroggi's set. I hated fighting him but I'd do it 100 times to have that cowboy suit again.

My friend doesn't even have the game yet due to money constraints, does that count?

>tfw your bee is fat and useless and won't produce any honey

>That snorefest
Wait until they implement Iron Variant Gravios.

are there no guns that rapid fire slicing?

I finished LR (all optionals and finished up bounties and other side shit) with 54 hours and started HR yesterday, so I'm still your slowbro.

I'd rather uragaan than Kelbidrome and Kelbidrome Dark

Go to the rotten vale on an expedition. Check where the odogaron sleeps (15 or 13, I don't remember. I think it's 13). If there's a dead body there the cat should be there and it'll run away and you can just follow the flies. If there is no meat there you'll have to watch and/or fight the odogaron so he'll drag a corpse back home to eat. Once the meat is there and the murderdog leaves the cat should spawn.

at least its wriggly stinger is cute

I've only just gotten to HR yesterday, killed the first HR monster and then doubled back to grind some more LR sets because I want a new weapon.

When

will

/mhg/

slow

down

again

????

It's too fast for me like this.

Sorry mate, not that I know of

So, did anyone compile all the turf wars in the game yet?

What's the ???? in your post?

I just beat Zorah, but I've neglected a lot in LR so I need to stick around to do a lot of side quests and make gear. Why, did you want to play? I'd totally be down for it.

Why exactly is no one joining? In 3 and 4 we had groups like this running in about 5 minutes.

>that map
Did you manage to get Naked Emperor up there? I've taken poogie up there a dozen times after getting all the other costumes and I still can't find it.

maybe wait a month, and then all the kids from /v/ left and we have the people that usually stay to stay

Holy shit, elements got fucking buffed according to kiranico. 25% on non-weakpoints, 40% on weakpoints around the board.

Just seems all the sessions and squads in /mhg/ are HR

>kill a quick Jyuratodas for a torrent sack
>this
>mfw

Well holy fuck

Go the fuck back to /a/, Tohru

>join a capture quest
>host captures as soon as I finish joining in
2ez

For who? Ants?

WHEN THE FUCK DO I GET ROCKSTEADY? WHAT THE FUCK

Even if we're in HR, most will gladly gear down and help someone in LR. With 16 player lobbies, don't ever be afraid of joining and asking for help.

How is longsword in world? I haven't played it since Tri as one of my single player fuck around weapons for free hunts, but the /teleports behind you/ move makes me want to try it and feel like I'm playing Bayonetta or some shit.

tried nergigante three times and always made hum limp to his nest, but I wasnt able to finish him off since he always starts to enrage there and then does his one shot thing from the air

what bullshit is this. I can fight him on the ground, but as soon as hes flying up hes just killing me

a. not everybody having the game yet
b. even those people who have the game, not every can have time to play that much or they just don't rush there yet

I'm having trouble deciding my hunter's and palico's name. For hunter my current choices are Laura, Maria, Sophia and for Palico Airou (which is the og name) or Luce.

Any opinions on these?

I've hit a wall. Not that I can't complete the hunt but because my monster hunter ADD has finally kicked in. I can't decide what I want to kill the nergigante with. I need a fancy suit and to upgrade my lance, or I need to learn CB a little more, I also want to play with Swaxe again, but I really want to learn IG.

Yesterday I built a zorah CB/armor, then decided to go hunt something for good lance armor but before that hunt I built up the blast IG. I'm all over the fucking place right now.

What weapons have you seen the most online? I feel like I've seen bow, DB, SA and LS more than anything else. I have yet to even see a single HH user

hmmm maybe after the 9th time of getting killed by it, you would learn how to dodge it...?

S U P E R M A N
D I V E

When you guys gear down to help low rank do you just change weapon or do you have a set of LR armor as well?

HR 60 or something like that. No crutch for you until you're good enough to not even need it.

What do I need to break or sever to maximize my chances to get a los ruby and nergi gem?

Augmenting material unlocked from tempered dragons at HR 50

Gleaming streamstones can be used to upgrade armor and give it 7 more levels which adds 14 armor. These are also the streamstones you need to feed to the melder to rng yourself some good decorations.

Rarity 6 weapons unlock 3 augmenting slots each slot requires 1 weapon type specific warrior streamstone.
Rarity 7 weapons unlock 2 augmenting slots each slot requires 2 warrior streamstones
Rarity 8 weapons unlock 1 augmenting slot and requires 1 weapon specific heroes streamstone

Augmenting weapons gives you the choice between increasing damage by 5 true value, increasing affinity by 10%, gaining 10 defense, an additional decoration slot, or heal while you attack. You can pick the same effect multiple times so a rarity 6 weapon can get the equivalent of attack up lvl 5 added to their weapon or 30% affinity

I love pounding Rathians into submission!

>which is the OG name
No, Airou is Felyne, it's not the OG name, it's like calling your cat "Cat"

90% of the people I meat are using DB or LS, the other 10% IG

This. If they didn't want people joining, they could've controlled the player limit when they posted the hunt.

flash pod? trap? just capture the fucker also an option

Man, I haven't fought Kirin since the PSP games and my first fight with it in World was amazing.
At first he was just pushing me around and wearing the Odoragon armor wasn't one of my wisest decisions.
The moves where it decides where to shoot are pretty cool and almost killed me a few times but managed to learn how to avoid them.
Things went south when it got enraged, my weapon started bouncing and there was electricity fucking everywhere and my first cart happened.
I somehow managed to finish it off and now I'm wearing its corpse as a memento.

>TL;DR I'm a Kirin slut now

I feel like I see everything but hh

>everyone in mhg says how good the hammer is
>hurr durr le hammer bros m I right xddd
>literally haven't seen a single hammer user online

Explain this

>guy has private game up
>guess the p/w and get in
bwahaha

doesnt work. either im healing or my weapon is out

doesnt work either. placed a trap right beneath him. nothing

>farming Azure Rathalos

>tfw hardest part of the game for you is sneaking around capturing fucking endemic life

goddamn it they are just so alerted

Just weapon. There's really no point since LR, even in appropriate gear, has zero risk of killing you unless you are a shitter supreme.

>trapping
>capturing
>an elder dragon

...I p-play the h-horn...

>Special Arena: Diablos
>A new challenger: Diablos, the Sandy Stampede, Biggus Diggus!
>Biggus Diggus

ghille mantle boi

Fellow lancebro, what set/weapons are you going for? I've been trying to upgrade all my elemental lances from LR and trying to get a set with at least level 3 Guard and maybe level 2 handicraft.