Monster hunter world general /mhwg/

The third commander's smelly feet! Edition

Last → # →

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World is out now for PS4 and Xbox One, with a fall 2018 PC release ahead.
↳Official manual released: game.capcom.com/manual/MHW/
↳A limited edition Rathalos PS4 Pro has been announced for sale outside of Japan. Check your local retailer for more details.
↳Weapon movesets: pastebin.com/Pc4NsdxP

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
In World, post a room ID. Squads also work, and should be listed soon.
Create or find a 3DS Gathering Hall using passcode '7243'
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Oe0EqwMhCZE
youtube.com/watch?v=yvtOI_7gRos
youtu.be/93E3P5AJoNc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How do I edit my shoutouts to custom messages?

Is the dogoo CB any good or should i get a different one

Man, I haven't fought Kirin since the PSP games and my first fight with it in World was amazing.
At first he was just pushing me around and wearing the Odoragon armor wasn't one of my wisest decisions.
The moves where it decides where to shoot are pretty cool and almost killed me a few times but managed to learn how to avoid them.
Things went south when it got enraged, my weapon started bouncing and there was electricity fucking everywhere and my first cart happened.
I somehow managed to finish it off and now I'm wearing its corpse as a memento.

>TL;DR I'm a Kirin slut now

How do I get the Paolumu Wings?
Hunted it a few times but I didn't get any...I can't imagine them being that rare.

>Pause
>Communication
>triangle on whatever one you wanna change

>all the new lance moves are for virgin guard players

Diablos CB is the best.

Do you appreciate a HH player in your group? Is the weapon weak in this game?

Are Lances the cheesiest weapons in the game? They let you outright ignore most shit that would one shot you otherwise and instead get free damage in.

I bought the powercharm and armorcharm at the shop, their description says I have to keep them in my inventory for them to have some sort of effect but I don't see any stats change on my status when, can anyone tell me what I'm supposed to do with them?

They buff your attack and defense when they are in your inventory

oh boy its another
>nip hammer use only goes for nergs tail and not its head while chaincarting episode

aim for the head and knock out monsters while buffing up your team.

It's pretty fun, but you might get jealous of how flashy everyone else's weapons are.

>game with long ass missions with time limits
>no pause
fuck you

Hitting shit takes priority over buffing mostly. Get your self improvement and attack buffs up and get back to whacking.

Yeah but that let's me use presets, how are people making their own?

Why is insect glaive so bad? It does no damage for how much effort it takes to even start being able to do anything and it's animations are way too fucking long. Late game it's entire play style revolves around forwards + circle and then roll away. Anything else puts you into such a long attack animation that you will get hit and you cannot roll out of it.
God help you if you're dumb enough to finish a combo because that locks you into some stupid 5 second long stick twirl you cannot roll out of.

Even it's gimmick of being able to jump is a good way of wasting time while achieving absolutely nothing.

The weapon really needs less retarded stick twirling.

There should be an "auto" tab in the shoutouts menu.

how do people record PS4 gameplay in WebM? Or is it some conversion software?

Didn't realise thread was done, so any help?

I've been taking my time playing solo and doing all of the optional quests and expedition things. Gathering for canteen unlocks and snagging some rare animals. I've got this quest now to send Zorah packing back to the ocean. Is it even worth bothering to farm O-dog, Diablos, or Rathalos now? I'm not sure but with this big quest I get the feeling I'm about to be in high rank. I was thinking about getting the Rathalos 3 piece bonus to put on my bow sets but really I pretty much only use great sword most of the time. Should I just move on and do the Zorah quest?

If on PS4 and running solo, exit to the XMB. It puts the game on hold if you need a piss break.

Recommendations for a custom shoutout for when an abnormal status impairs movement and when you set a bomb?

I convert with Veeky Forums webm maker. Don't remember where I got it.

"go on without me!"

Do enviromental traps work against Elder Dragons?

Someone blew up the dam at the top of the forest but I dunno if it didn't hit Kushala Daora or if he's just unnafected by it

I think I did that before and time still ran out. I'll test it again.

I set them up the bomb!

Stun is fucking brutal.

Does anyone want to do the final ancient tree upgrade quest?
Room is 4vCPGjRB7nmQ

How do you redeem the 5 million commemorative pack?

The house keeper does not have it.

can you get piercing shot up on anything besides rath soil coil a? I want to slot it into my xenojiiva set

Hey guys I stopped browsing the threads a few days before World came out and just kept myself in the dark about it until today.
So, did we get to see monsters who came from space and more evidence of the Dragon Wars?

Never played a Monster Hunter game before.

It seems like there's about a million mechanics in this game, not to mention moveset/monster knowledge. Is the best thing to just play the game and learn as I go, or is there a series of fully conclusive guides somewhere?

I just opened the manual in the OP and am working through that.

What set should i be going for early for the bow? Have kodachi shit atm

Better to learn as you go. The new game explains every mechanic when you come across it so it's better to just go along with it. Also there's in-game guides that no one seems to know about.

Is it hunter ratin' time yet boys?

7/10

What are the pros and cons of doing a huntress instead of a hunter?

pros: are a lady
cons: are not a lad

Learn to screenshot/10

Some legit good looking armors are turned into slut suits. Like Anja.

I normally have the bowl cut style hair, but it looked silly with the head piece.

Why not both?
Bearded ladies, unite.

>bring a beginner friend to the gathering hub
>play around with the gimmicky stuff up there for killing time
>he can't beat me at arm wrestling no matter what
>sits down and "drowns his failure in alcohol"
>he drinks and drinks while i strike poses at him
>finally gets up
>stumbles and falls drunk as fuck
"holy shit this game has EVERYTHING"

that shit put a huge smile on my face

Doggo is good and can be made relatively early

Diablos and nerg cb are the absolute best tho if your looking for only top tier

Ive found all the weapons yo be perfectly fine so far

Just spent an hour fucking around in expedition to try and get a Diablos to appear. Is there a trick to it? Tried making noise near the sand pit with the Noios or whatever the fuck they are.

Any tips for picking a weapon?

"Just try them all" seems steep, considering it's probably a few hunts each to really get the hang of using one, but maybe that's still the only real option.

>5 million commemorative pack
What's that?

i like how i can't tell at all if that's a pro or a con

Pick the weapons that are coolest you.

It's a matter of preference.

Hit me! HIT ME!

For a bomb

Is it the red wire or the blue wire?

So, after killing the pink rathian, my rewards screen froze and I left it there for like half an hour.

After deciding it wasn't going to load, I close the game manually, and tried to boot it up again but it's stuck loading the game (particularly my file).

Am I right in believing my worst fears in that I lost 50 hours on a corrupted save?

I recommend watching videos on them. Otherwise it can be hard to know what's good to do at what time. Or there will be some crucial thing you don't know about.

youtube.com/watch?v=Oe0EqwMhCZE
youtube.com/watch?v=yvtOI_7gRos

These helped me with the switch axe and gunlance

When you go on an expedition it shows the momsyers in the area if he isnt lisyed he wont spawn

The noios also dont summon blos they act like somic bombs if he is in the cavern beneath

Insect Glaive in my eyes is meant for party play, mainly to let you mount a flying creature and get it on the ground if your team can't flash/paralyze/stun it otherwise.

Very niche use, but there are times when it's useful. I also feel like Insect Glaive is going to require a lot of money invested into it for all the various elemental/status weapons, so you can eventually just swap to what you need for max damage, compared to some other weapons where you can just make 1-3 weapons (one Iron, one Bone, one Dragonbone) and be done.

And if you mean the 5s stick twirling at the end of a long combo chain while buffed up, you CAN animation cancel out of it, you just have to mash the fuck out of X right when the last hit connects.

Where is the best place to farm slashberries?

It depends on what you want from a weapon. Do you want constant whittling? Slow chipping with huge bursts? Hard and heavy hits?

There's two slashberry plants in Ancient Forest in the room with the dropping boulder.

Ah, okay. So can I keep exiting/entering the expedition to see if he'll appear? Thanks btw

Thanks.

How do I get Rathalos coins?

Just kill mudfish or Kulu to open a slot for him to appear. Only three monsters can be on the map at a time.

arena quests

Why would you do that, just equip Bandit Mantle, sell the drops and you have so much money you will never ever have to farm for your Ammo again.

Which is the better dragon path for longsword nerg or xeno? Nerg looks sick but I don't want to farm the horns.

Should I fall for the Monster Hunter World hype meme now, or wait for a sale

xeno is better if you have good gems, nerg is better otherwise

Retail price alrdy dropped to 49,99 in my cunt

They haven't dropped any, Im doing the HR one at good speed, I dont know what more.

no, not special arena, arena

>can customize our Hunter
>can customize our Palico
>can't customize our Handler
For what purpose?

go to the gathering hub and accept the arena quest from the left lady, you have to use a certain weapon and load out so I hope you can use 3+ weapons

bandit mantle is good but crafting is fucking expensive, it's not hard to run out at the end game even if you use the bandit mantle

>can't customize our Handler
Look at the DLC page again.

what's a good starting set for SnS

is there a list of all the specialized tools/mantles somewhere?

That doesn't fix her face though.

Hi, I never played any MH and I don't know if I'd like this game. I like grind but only if the battle system is on point. Read the FAQ but didn't help. Two basic topics - depth and multiplayer:

1 - How deep is the battle system and the character growth? How deep is the ability tree, is it relevant to the gameplay or is it just a bunch of +10%? How many moves does each type of weapon have? Do more advanced weapons have more/different moves? How much is it skill intensive and how much is barred from a good player if he doesn't grind 100+ hours?

2 - How's multiplayer? Can I easily join a group online even though I have no friends? Will they be at my skill level?

Thanks

What is the "Best" weapon in MHW?
Support your statement.

Charge Blade youtu.be/93E3P5AJoNc

the one you like the most

>How deep is the battle system
Extremely

> the character growth? How deep is the ability tree
There is none

>How many moves does each type of weapon have?
Depends on the weapon, more than just about all other action rpgs though

>Do more advanced weapons have more/different moves?
Nope, they have different stats/elements

>How much is it skill intensive
99%

>Can I easily join a group online
Yes

>Will they be at my skill level?
Who knows

Is Pink Rathian weak to Dragon element?

GIGA
BURST

If it contributes outside of buffs it surely makes up for any DPS deficiencies.
But that means seriously contributing, actually smashing faces in while you toot.

Is PSN down again? EU btw

what's a good armor to farm now that i got to hr? i'm still trying weapons (i was a hammer main in gen, currently trying switch axe) and every slight mistake i made turns into a death.

look at her armor

Are there any /mhg/ squads? I'm getting bored playing alone

There is no ability tree. Just gear progression. Weapon movesets are static, but different elements and status can change what they do to a monster. Element and Status have the most impact on fast hitting weapons due to how their damage is calculated. It's not over skill intensive, you just need to be careful when fighting a new monster and learn its tells.

two but they're full

If Monster Hunter an ability tree, the game would be fucking trash. I despise ability trees in games. They're among the most cancerous trends in gaming right now.

>the face of satisfaction

you really got him gud

zorah makes a good starting point, then transition into odogaron

Would it be worth it to try and make another one?