/scg/edg/ Star Citizen Elite Dangerous General #256

Star Citizen Information:

Alpha 3.0 PTU is released for all backers. You must download the new patcher from the RSI website.
install.robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen/RSI-Setup-1.0.0.exe

>Comprehensive look at the current state of Star Citizen
youtube.com/watch?v=IbhBNWU0Rxw

>Squadron 42 Vertical Slice
youtube.com/watch?v=qcHAfaQh3QE

>Jump Point Links & Content Summary
pastebin.com/Cd9wQ9YB

>FAQs
pastebin.com/whU2tNu2

>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA

>Other games:
pastebin.com/cugkem8w

Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC to become playable.

Elite Dangerous v2.4 is online with improvements to base game and dlc content.
Frontier announced a new expansion called "Beyond" and will offer it for free to everyone who bought horizon.
Season three will focus on refining core gameplay and introducing new content.

>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ypZZTIOR__Q
polygon.com/2018/1/30/16952710/elite-dangerous-enigma-expedition-ua-bombing-dove-enigma-cancer
youtube.com/watch?v=TbsBEb1ZxWA&list=PLO6f04psX3aTK4U47o25pEZ3l1DxBc7p0
youtube.com/watch?v=9yjyMuR29kw
youtube.com/watch?v=pGewwjlRtsw
youtube.com/watch?v=8GW6sLrK40k
youtube.com/watch?v=6rZlsad_hNQ
youtube.com/watch?v=GPCTe_gQuZI
youtube.com/watch?v=ZeK0g-90SJ4&list=RDZeK0g-90SJ4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>two ded games edition

At least one of the dead games lived to release.

Saw people in Elite's forums bitching about how mission grind is hurting their faction. So, I'm curious. Do player factions even give anything concrete, or is it just about e-peen?

They're no different from all other factions, you just choose the name and place

I like Todd, but I'm not sure what he is going to say that is going to fix things, unless he walks back what retardo said the other day about not being able to keep stolen ships.

>At least one of the dead games lived to release.
Such as it is.

>brnd new thread
>7 replies
>alredy page 9
truly fucking dead indeed

>stale ED pasta

You had one job.

This whole doveEnigma UA bombing incident is super dumb.

I keep hearing about it
what exactly happend there (and why)
I know what's ua bombing you dont have to explain that

uh oh

oh no

>ED player has terminal cancer
>probably won't last the year
>always wanted to go to Colonia
>FDev make a Megaship named after him and do a CG for people to provide stuff so it can jump to Colonia
>sometime the past day or two some people UA bomb the Megaship so nobody can deliver the needed stuff
>ED community throws a shitfit

Though it looks like people have delivered enough meta alloys to reverse it, FDev have leaked the news ahead of tomorrow's server tick.

Also I think there's some charity thing associated with it as well, and a suspicion an exploit might have been used to UA bomb in the first place. It's a dick move for sure (and stupid that FDev let the Megaship have a black market in the first place if they didn't want this to happen) but from the uproar you'd assume that they killed the guy.

kek
if that cancer faggot really wanted he coud get decent ship and get to colonia in under one month
lazy fuck

>faith in ED has been restored.
That's the best shit I've read since Harry Potter killed that story chick.

No need to walk back, you just need to bring idiot back to credible expectation.
He could say that you will keep the ship logging back but only if you sleep inside and you can't make it spawn from hangar because no faction will recognize your ownership unless you bought it from them.

I really hope they do that, I want player pirate to be incredible group who stayed alive instead of respawning a billion times after being killed by bounty hunter.
Hopefully CIG will also prevent combat logging with the remanence they mentioned once

fucking finally

Elite gave me cancer, where do I cash in my megaship?

youtube.com/watch?v=ypZZTIOR__Q
interesting stuff when you look at Star Citizen crowdfunding

>credible expectation.
I don't think you should be able to keep a ship over sessions just with simple theft, but there should be a way with extra effort and money to be able to reregister the ship, even if there are catches with that.

I was just looking up the unlimited Sol to Sag A record.
2:00:58

How long you been at it?
You know you still have to go back.

3rd day honking every system and scanninig terraformable, water and earthlike planets
done big part of the distance trough neutrons
planning to sell most data at colonia and neutron highway back to bubble from there

>planning to sell most data at colonia and neutron highway back to bubble from there
Not to an engineer though? Is it worth more the way you plan on doing it?

I'm alredy maxed at one taht buys exploration data and I'm just 86% from elite

I don't understand your logic.
Reregistering a ship is the step above keeping over session. "Over session" to me just mean that if you logged off sleeping inside the ship, you'll log back inside the ship. That's what everyone should be able to do.
Reregistering the ship mean at least storing it into any hangar and calling it any time you want. Even without insurance.

But there's no way to do any of the two and not open the gate to a flood of insurance scam.
If the pirate pay as much there's no point keeping the ship, if the pirate pay less he's getting a ship half-cost even without insurance and the money one can make with a insurance-fraud miner or hauler ship would make it a cheat.

>2:00:58
Damn kids these days, we used to jump in 34ly asps and no one complained

They could close that hole by making the ship ineligible for certain things. A stolen miner could not sell ore even to another player, because that player could not verify the miner's registration.
Same thing with hauling. The cargo manifest has to be signed with a valid ship registration that matches the ship it's in, or it's stolen cargo, no matter the actual source.
This could be extended to any contract, where a valid ship registration is required to post or accept missions, to prevent that exact fraud.

so can I get into exclusion zone of that thing without blowing myselfup?
I want to get as close as possible but I'm scared

I fried myself trying to get closer, I guess if you have heatsinks you can try

Good luck. Don't get complacent at the end.
I'm wondering is a thermally efficient hauler with everything lightweight, shielded, or low emission can high wake with the fuel scoop engaged. It only needs another 10-15% headroom to do it.

kek. I see theres a lot of eve refugees there

why do black holes look so shit in elite?

That open new holes or constrain the game too much. Players will want to sell ore no matter what ship first mined it.
This idea can work thanks to ore-pod but ore don't come with registration chips, it's illogical if a pirate can't pretend they mined the ore themselves and transfer it into another box.
The plan for other cargo box is already to sign it unless the owner fill an insurance claim and abandon it.

>This could be extended to any contract, where a valid ship registration is required to post or accept missions, to prevent that exact fraud.
If a ship is accepted into a legit hangar, there's no reason it doesn't have a valid ship registration, making it useless is no different from forcing it to disappear.
You could make so only a few factions will accept to buy/sell from you. But since insurance fraud is already criminal stuff it would just make the insurance-claim exploit cater to criminal.

>it would just make the insurance-claim exploit cater to criminal.
That's fixable with lore. They could just as easily say that criminal orgs participate with ship registration rules for publicly available missions to avoid direct conflict with authorities.
Closing the loophole for criminals orgs outright means making the ship uninsurable, only useful for piracy and not legit trade, and basically excluded from any normal function in the game. Can't use cry-astro, can't land on non criminal pads, can't accept or post missions. Making the ship fully legit and able to participate in normal functions would be a money sink and expensive enough to only be viable for people who have no other option.
In the end, the total expenditure from the insurance claim and money for forging the new ship credentials would exceed the cost of buying a ship outright, fucking over people who want to dupe a ship.

>some faggot thought that /scg/ could survive on its own

jej

SC is live on their twitch channel right now with Sean Tracy.

Using that logic the game forbidding to keep a stolen ship can easily be lore as well.
Legal business don't accept you to dock for obvious reason.
Criminal faction don't accept you to dock because you might betray their factions or the little truce they still have.
And if it can only be sold as scrap it's what it is once you log off.

It will be interesting to see if something like a pirate code appear between players without a karma system.

There has to be some base level where it's still a game. They just need to keep the point where that happens some place that is defensible with lore but also still possible for criminals to do fun stuff without wrecking the economy doing it.

polygon.com/2018/1/30/16952710/elite-dangerous-enigma-expedition-ua-bombing-dove-enigma-cancer
What

Why are E:D players so cruel?

Lando is already walking back the stealing ship issue as saying they are only talking about 3.0 and 3.1, not "long term design"
It's not cruel it's hilarious. Fdev put a black market there on purpose and is using this dude's cancer for profit. The disgusting people are the devs and journalists exploiting a cancer dad.

>This may be his last chance to make the trip. >>>>Travelling with him and enjoying the ride in real life is his five year-old daughter.

lmao
fuck off to your safespace at reddit

Did I miss the part where they explained what exactly they did to sabotage the trip?

I don't understand what the"griefers" actually did

selling thargoid turds to a station causes it to shut down

Is that a bug?

3.0.1 is in evocati.

No, UA bombing has been a thing since forever, pretty much every CG with a station gets UA bombed.

Is it a lock out timer sort of thing?

That seems like really a really shitty gameplay mechanic

Even if insurance or LTI scam wasn't a problem, keeping player from easily outsmarting npc, snipe them and steal ship is short of impossible.
You can't have emergent gameplay if the only thing that emerge is a broken game.
I just hope they have good mission for pirate too, equivalent to GTA's heist.

Fdev is all to blame.
If they wanted good press they wouldn't have made it physically possible to impede the event.

>tfw I wanted to know what Salome was going to say.
I still think Harry Potter getting the kill was hilarious but it would've been cool to know more Club vs Thargoid meme lore.

There isn't a single multiplayer game in existence where this would not have happened.

If you deliver enough unknown artifacts (UAs) to a station the corrosion damage they cause results in the station shutting down. Of course they're not called UAs anymore after the Thargoid reveal but the name stuck for the act.

fuck cancer dad, acquire the ability to escape all-reality

Too bad everything goes black once you leave the observable universe

Carry a flashlight, duh.

>Just under 1 trillion C boost speed

W-well,

>"This may be his last chance to make the trip. Travelling with him and enjoying the ride in real life is his five year-old daughter."
wew lad

Sounds pretty cool.

Without "bad", good and its intentions are useless.

I understand a little griefing but to go all the way to Colonia to fuck up an event where people were mostly keeping to themselves where not even us would bother going all the way there, that's just some dedication, truly admirable but kinda fucked up at the same time.

Light is too slow, tho

>not even us
>us
good one dad
you made me laugh with this one

Tbh it's pretty cool that the game can handle any speed as long as you don't leave the galaxy, and even then you only become blind for some reason

I think you are overestimating this place, it's not that we wouldn't mess with the event but rather that nobody here is high functioning autistic enough to actually gather the shit necessary and go all the way to colonia for this singular task, I've been in other vg guilds but most of the autists are pretty average players.

I think once you boost you effectively leave the game's instance boundaries, it's not that you go blind, you leave the rendering area of the map.

Looks like they're backpedaling at full force

"don't worry he was only talking about A3.0, at release the game will have PVP SLIDER so pirate can have safespace"

They do this all the time, mention a mechanic like they're talking to a fellow developer who is deep in Star Citizen development and on the same page has access to all the content already created for their internal workload and then get confused when the public missing all that detail freak out over what sounds like a half baked idea with no context.

>dying of cancer
the most bluepilled thing you can possibly do

Are there any get rich schemes to make money left in ED?

Is there a way to set a trade route in ED so that I don't have to keep bookmark plotting a route to the opposite station every time and THEN choose the station as a target when I get into the system?

Bookmark the station itself and then just plot a route to the bookmark.

Thanks, that makes the last leg a lot better. Now if only I could get it to auto plot between the two stations when I landed in one of them.

I think the whole "he was only talking about the immediate plans" thing is a cover for Will Maiden either not knowing what the actual long-term plans were or having come up with a plan that none of the players were happy with. When you read his original post, you see that he's explicitly telling a person that their long-term dreams are not going to happen, and that this is due to a game design choice (stealing ships to grow your fleet is wrong).

Yeah, they were definitely backpedaling that. From Todd all of a sudden talking about that exact thing on RtV to HS addressing it directing in the stream.

Anyone here knows if there is a star trek online general?

No, it comes up here every so often. A few people play, but I only like building the ships and playing the story arcs. The end game is not interesting to me.

>go into catalog
>press ctrl+f
>type "star trek"
>????
>stop being a fucking moron

Alright thanks

ded
I wish dedicated troll user was here to bump the thread

too busy playing elite classic
sorry

what do you listen to/watch while grinding boring shit/tarvelling anons?
post your shit
youtube.com/watch?v=TbsBEb1ZxWA&list=PLO6f04psX3aTK4U47o25pEZ3l1DxBc7p0

For exploration purposes exclusively, Diamondback Explorer vs Asp Explorer is basically just cheaper & higher jump range vs better scoop, can have autofieldmaint+vehicles+cargo, and better view?

Diamondback has better jump range but ASP has a pretty good view and is pretty comfy to manouver, exploraconda has the longest jump range but most daddies prefer to just use the ASP since the anaconda steers like a cow.

apex taste
I alternate between moody and redneck whilst spess truckan in SC
youtube.com/watch?v=9yjyMuR29kw
youtube.com/watch?v=pGewwjlRtsw

first one really reminded me this
youtube.com/watch?v=8GW6sLrK40k
might be a bit of a meme at this point but I still enjoy it

>tfw used to hear this before it became a meme
but yeah it doesn't change the fact it's still great.

what meme is it? I am unfamiliar with it, I thought the one I posted was more of a meme desu

>Backpedaling
They goddamn better.

The "meme" he's referring to is the song's popularity, most likely.

>it takes 61 hours to transfer ship from the bubble to colonia
>61 fucking hours
what the actual fuck
what the fuck are they thinking
you could travel that distance 5 times in stock sidewinder in that time ffs

>What the fuck are they thinking
Sandro and the dads. You already know what they're thinking.

>You already know what they're thinking
I actually fucking dont
I cant comprahend tought process that would make them think this time and cost is ok

Space Fedex fucking up obviously

Make sure you check next day delivery when you opt for a transfer.

recently I've been listeninig to ES2 soundtrack
comfy as fuck
youtube.com/watch?v=6rZlsad_hNQ

I read that as
>ET2 soundtrack
and it made too much sense.

youtube.com/watch?v=GPCTe_gQuZI

youtube.com/watch?v=ZeK0g-90SJ4&list=RDZeK0g-90SJ4

ETS2 dammit